Want some LD cover scans?

I'm in the mood to scan some LD packaging, but have no idea what to scan first, so I'm here to ask if there's anything anyone wants scanned. Here's a example of what they look like.

Other urls found in this thread:

lddb.com/
pustan.com/ld/japan/index.html
otakubell.com/LDs/
sgadsale.seesaa.net/archives/201012-1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And here's what I have.

Scan whatever you want, dude, but do it now.

Well, there's this one.

Question to all LD collectors?

do anybody of you have this?

anyone?

OP, and I don't. What's it about?

cool collection

Thanks, also bump.

Did you get these from ebay?

No, Japanese yahoo auctions. A magical place where LD's can be had for the equivalent of $3.

Bump again.

bump

Where do you guys even get this shit these days. All the used media stores I check never have this stuff

You're not going to find anime on laserdisc locally, unless you're really stupid lucky, all of mine are from traipsing Japanese yahoo auctions for months until certian titles showed up.

Back in the fucking 90s and early 00s I amassed a pretty large collection of anime on LD.

As a format LD was pretty boss, always perferred it to DVD.

It's a shame it'll never have a vinyl like resurgence, it's way more enjoyable to get stuff for the format than DVD / Blu-ray ever will be. Although tends to eat into the bank with longer running series and box sets in shipping.

How did you get into LD collecting and is there anything that was never released to VHS and hasnt found it's way onto the internet?

Which middle man site did you use? cause Yahoo Auctions forbids foreign IPs

This was the Mugen Shinshi LD , i wanted to know IF there were special features on that LD.

1. Buy LD's. If you don't mind running through a forwarding service (I personally use Shopping Mall Japan) the best place to get anime is Japanese yahoo auctions. Common stuff is usually well under ‎¥‎1500 and multi discs tend to run not too crazy depending on the number of discs. You can get stuff on ebay, but a 4 disc series of OVAs that could be had for ¥‎2000 will usually be $80+.

2.Typically, no. But with LD being higher quality (250 horizontal lines vs. 420 lines, digital audio, etc.) The LD release is always the better choice. As for DVD, there is stuff that was never released on it, but more so there are releases that were only originally printed in the early 2000's that used LDs as original masters, so getting it's LD release (with a good player) can result in higher quality video than its DVD counterpart. For if it's not on the internet, I haven't found a release yet that doesn't have some sort of torrent for it.

1. Shopping Mall Japan. It's not the fastest because they don't send your stuff directly to you unless it's really heavy (Which inflates the price to ship by a lot.), but you only pay for shipping internally in japan, shipping in the US (Typically for my stuff around $10), and a small percent of a collection of one bulk shipment between their Japanese offices and US ones. Which almost always winds up being cheaper than sending a couple of books directly from japan.

2. Sorry, no idea. And it looks like currently only the VHD release is currently on JYA.

Bump

The birdy stuff would be my first pick I guess

As it turns out, dust is seemingly impossible to keep out. Nothing a little photo editing couldn't fix.

Let's see how long this thread survives.

Cool. T hanks

No prob. One more after this.

There were some postcard type things that came with this I wasn't aware of when getting this set that I didn't get. I still contemplate getting another set just for that.

So are you gonna scan all of these, OP?

Not right now. I'll scan some specific ones if they're wanted, but I'm holding out for a better scanner to go full el nutso.

nice nice!

>TFW LAser Rot

Only true 80s & 90s Otaku understand this feeling.

There's still ending themes I've never heard due to this.

I'm tempted to shell out $1000 for one of those super rare LaserDisc players with the Red lasers that read even through Laser Rot, but god help me, I'm just not rich enough to drop that much money on my hobby. By the time I sort my life out they're probably going to be $2000.

Oh man, I fucking love LD covers OP. There's a bunch of stuff that I can't find anywhere scanned, and others I can only find with very shitty resolution.
I can share the stuff I have with you faggots if someone wants something specific.

You got the armor Hunter Mellowlink Laserdiscs? I've always want to own those since the masters got lost in a fire & it won't ever get remastered. I think the same thing happened to Legend of the Galactic heroes (would explain all the re-drawn scenes)

I'd definitely love if you could scan those Dragon Half LDs.

What do you have, also I almost got a series that had a similar title, but can't remember it for some reason.

sorry user, I don't know that one.and google only gives me shitty pictures

it's alot of stuff to list, I search for all LD scans I can find for all the old series I got stored on my HDD

Thought so. It's pretty obscure & only /m/ would have heard of it. There's a DVD re-release but it actually looks worse than the Laserdiscs if you can believe it. There's a serious lack of properly archived Laserdisc transfers out there & it worries me. It's Mostly OVAs & small series that got limited releases I'm talking about. If Japan got nuked by North Korea or hit by a big Enough Earthquake/Tsunami we would lose it all. Laserdisc is really the final frontier of Anime fans. Nobody's really into it anymore. VHS too (for good reason)

Laserdisc is still the best video source for a bunch of old, obscure OVAs and TV series. Unfortunely like you said, the japanese aren't exactly good at storing source materials and many things either got lost or thrown away.

Here's the first one.

Actually, I just realised how bad the area around the logo is, might redo it.

But you'd think some segment of the obsessive otaku community would have meticulously catalogued and archived those laser discs, especially the obscure stuff. No one beats the Japanese when it comes to obsessive organization.

Holy shit, I haven't thought about this series in forever.

LDDB has a bit of it, although not super fleshed out. The Japanese might have something, but it's probably super obscure and not translated in the slightest.

There are some websites, but I still have to find one that's dedicated to storing hi-res LD scans.
There is a database for those though:
lddb.com/

The closest I've found to what I was talking about are these 2 websites:
pustan.com/ld/japan/index.html
otakubell.com/LDs/

god bless you user

And here's the second one. The first one's better, but the second one's fun in a Dragon Ball Tenkaichi Tournament sort of way.

Did that booklet is only a single sheet or it has like multi-pages?

There's staples, so multi page.

Thanks again, your scans are definitely the best you can find online now for Dragon Half.
The best I could find over the years were the ones on this website (with a bunch of other stuff I'd love to get in high-res too):

sgadsale.seesaa.net/archives/201012-1.html

I believe most LDs came with those booklets with art and info for the show, like pic related.

Oh wow, that site. I've been found myself there a number of times looking for stuff that isn't / low quality on DVD.

The scanner I'm using sucks though, and I'm hoping that I can get a better one to make them even higher quality.

Plus, I had to downsize the scans I've been making by half & compress it to fit in 4mb, so I could upload them to somewhere if the thread survives the night.

Uploading your stuff somewhere else would be a great idea. Like a booru maybe.

Not most, but a fair number had some fun extras of some sort that coame with them. Along with character sheets I've had post cards, manga sheets that I think tie into the story somehow. And not that it originally came with it, but I got cels with mine one compleatly unexpected! (Thus staring my impromptu cel collection. I'm sticking to getting cels that go along with the releases I own.)

Re-did this one, /now/ it's the highest quality scan on the internet.

Thanks for posting, OP.
'preciate ya

I'll check this thread tomorrow if it's still up. And if someone wants some specific scan, I got some stuff saved I can share with you anons.

I heard Pioneer ELITE LD players were the best.
I think the ELITE had double lasers so that you did not have to eject and flip the disc halfway into the movie

Relatively unrelated, but does an archive of Elitist Wannabe's scans exist somewhere?

Beautiful. Please keep posting.

Was LD back than were ofen pack with special exta like characters design and other artworks ? That looks so rich and so good and so much more worthy to collect than the DVD or blue ray we got
now a day