Overlord thread; how shit will the anime be edition

Overlord thread; how shit will the anime be edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j5rRpyPKsks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anything that has Ainz in it, is destined to greatness.

Except the lizzard tribe arc is the next in line, and the fact that Madhouse went on a budget with the first season.

It will be NUTS.

Depending on when they decide to release it: February would be a bad idea.

It will be good and 26 ep, screenshot this.
The anime was not supposed to sell well and had the low tier team but was still this good.

youtube.com/watch?v=j5rRpyPKsks

I just want her back, is it too much to ask for?

She already is.

No, not him.

>26 episode

Just long enough for all of the boring lizardman and Climb shit.

They packed 3 volumes in 13 episodes in S1 and cut glorious vol3 to do that.
I doubt they'll show mercy to Climb and Lizards.
NUTS will pack vol4,5,6 into 13 episodes just fine.
I doubt it will be 2 cour though.

>anime will be shit
>more casuals asking for obvious things
>more translation mistakes that fuel shitposters

Could be a split cour with season or to between 'em. Both vol 6 & 9 are quite fitting closure material for a season.

Season 10 would be pretty good to end with desu. Or id like to see emperor just giving up

vol 5, 6 & 9 should be made
vol 4, 7 could be skipped
vol 8 should be OAV

I'll keep throwing money until Caster of Destroy is animated.

Nice Thread.

Since exceptional humans are lv 60~ would exceptional beastman be in the 80-90's?
They will be ainz first serious NW threat since he will likely deploy gargantua.

If exceptional humans are lv 60~then exceptional beastmen are also lv 60~.

Nice shit posting already

>Since exceptional humans are lv 60~
Not even a handful of pure humans has even sniffed close to that, best there is is Fluder and perhaps Rigit but she's probably not human.
Exceptional humans are Gazef tier, maxing out at 30~

Humans are a low tier species.

Great contribution to the thread.

Gazef is talented not exceptional which why he's only 30~.

can we talk about lewd chair now?

any eta on the translation?

>Humans are a low tier species.
Humans are low tier because of stats. Level X humans is weaker than level X beastman.

Also if there was even 1 level 80 beastman Dragonic Kingdom would fall already.

>Real Human Bean
>Not a Skeleton

This is just great.

>exceptional beastman
They'd be pretty rare and we don't know if there are exceptional beastmen to begin with.
It's pondered in lore that maybe they're just averagely powerful without any outliers.

>would exceptional beastman be in the 80-90's
They'd rule the world instead of Dragons by now if that was true.

> talented not exceptional
>top of the top of the top
>Hunted down by top of the top unit of neighboring country
Yeah ...

>Gazef can't beat DK even with his gear
>[Low Tier Damage Nullification]=noob+Divine tier Sword can't hurt Ainz
>Player is leading Beastmen Tribes
>PW Ainz is 75lvl warrior
>Pleiades total lvl 327 and BS total lvl ~450, but BS can't beat Pleiades
>PDL is 130+lvl, he's just paranoid and lazy
>Chagama caught Peroronchino masturbating while wearing her clothes
>Gear does not matter: unarmed Chair is just as strong as armed
>Demiurge keikakus behind Ainz back, but thinks Ainz foresaw it all with 10000years sasugas
>CD is Akemi' rape-child
>Peroronchino is leading winged tribes
>Leinas was struck by a death curse, so monster must be kill
>GuardiansAinz brainwashed CZ to love him more than her own creator
>Overlord=shounen, Climb=MC
>Fluder only ages when he casts magic
>Gazef is stronger than Go Gin
>BDL/SCDL is the strongest DL because other DL fear him
>EE bug spray does %HP damage
>Lizards are best volume, user is just jelly of steamy lizard sex
>DDDL is 150+lvl, he's just busy training
>BR wrecked Entoma, Entoma is weak
>1500 Nazarick Raiders were retards with too much NPC mercs
>Dragon milf is actually a dragon loli, it's not her form
>Ainz killed 130k+ people in Splat, but he isn't evil
>There is nothing wrong with male Valkyries and male Succubi
>Gazef died to show Ainz' abilities to Climb and Brain
>CZ ripping off your dick using threshing machine is GB
>Clementine is < 30 lvl
>Demiurge commands NPC in case of enemy attack, so he is commander-type NPC
>Climb can get stronger by defeating monsters
>Blue Rose went to Republic to consult with PDL on a matter of SKAOG
>Elf king is a Player
>WN is canon and generally better
>NWers are born with same levels Yggdrasil had
>Workers dindu, Ainz is just a cunt
>Sebas is a slut for falling in love with 1st whore he whiteknighted
>Kyouhukou is strongest because Aura and Albedo are afraid of him
>30 100lvl Golems guard 8GK base

>Blue Rose went to Republic to consult with PDL on a matter of SKAOG
What is this bullshit?

Please touch (push) me Lupus-sama!

>Humans are low tier because of stats. Level X humans is weaker than level X beastman.
Not exactly, reason why demi-humans and heteromorps have stronger stats is because of racial levels which give higher stats than class levels, but they can't get to level 100 with just racial classes, and in end a level 100 human and level 100 beastmen will be on equal footing.
Sure the beastman will be slightly stronger but the human will have larger pool of classes.

Basically:
Humans: Versatility
Everything else: Specialization

>larger pool of classes
Which doesn't mean shit. You could work with it in Yggdrasil where you could plan your build for min-maxing but not in NW.
At the end level 100 beasman will beat level 100 human (if they have the same gear).

user 100lvl human would have a shitload of [Martial Arts] to compliment his abilities.
100lvl beastman would have some too since he could not have achieved top level purely with racial levels: he has some job levels too, but they are fewer.
They'd be well matched.

You think racial levels only give you stats?
And we don't know how exactly [Martial Arts] work.
What's stopping level 10 Beastman Fighter from learning the same MAs as level 10 human Fighter?

>You think racial levels only give you stats?
In NW?
Yes.
There are no skills and martial arts you've got to learn the hard way.
>What's stopping
Being busy upping his racial fucking level by killing shit.
If he starts learning MA and killing shit with it - he'll stop growing as bestman and start growing as fighter.

best ship

>In NW? Yes. There are no skills and martial arts you've got to learn the hard way.
>If he starts learning MA and killing shit with it - he'll stop growing as bestman and start growing as fighter.
And you know it from where?

i want papa bones to take care of tanya and give her a cute maid outfit

>There are no skills and martial arts you've got to learn the hard way.
Read the LN.

So troll regeneration is a [Martial Art] now?

Troll regeneration is as ability as a blood coagulation is.
Try harder.

It's a racial ability you retard. Which means you get more than just stats.

Yeah, the shit monster born with and maybe that he gets after evolving, if such a thing even possible in NW.
It's still nothing compared to an array of Martial Arts long-living user can learn.

>Also if there was even 1 level 80 beastman Dragonic Kingdom would fall already.

The theocracy are killing demi-human in mass for that reason (intimidation).
The dragonic kingdom just benefits from it as well until recently and there are multiple beastmen nations, they cannot afford to send top tier fighters for humans who they don't know their full power.

>they cannot afford to send top tier fighters for humans who they don't know their full power.
>was eating them for centuries
>PDL-tier of fighers are being pussies
Dat asspull.

>array of Martial Arts long-living user can learn
>hit stronger
>hit few times
>go fast
>block shit

Are you retarded or something?
Brain's Nail Clipper triples the DPM.

Martial Arts eat your stamina while demihumans are naturally born with half of this shit.

>demihumans are naturally born with half of this shit.
Get the fuck outta my face.
Regeneration and acid spit is not sixfold slash of light or adamantium shield.
By the time MA user himan runs out of stamina - monster will run out of health.
That's why I said toplvl MA user human and beastman would probably be closely matched.

You really are retarded.
Gazef wouldn't be able to do shit against Troll, even with "muh Martial Arts".

We were discussing beastmen you goalpost shifting twat.
Of course shit like Troll or Slime will require bane to deal with.

This doesn't make any sense to me, should wizards not be able to touch a troll either? How come martial arts (also magic) shouldn't be used by humans? How retarded can you get

Why does everyone hate the lizardman arc?
It wasn't that bad, actually I quite liked it.

>There are no skills and martial arts you've got to learn the hard way.
nigga read the ln

how are martial arts different from the skills of warrior/archer/rogue classes of yggradil?

We're discussing demihumans. I've used a Troll example because we know it's abilities unlike beastmen.

Where have I said humans can't use martial arts?

You read the LN.
Martial Arts are learned through practice by NWers.
Racial abilities like undead negative infusion, troll regeneration or naga poison are inborn.
Ygg did not have stamina bar.
They just plain consumed mana.
Then again: NWers just might have sort of mental stamina and body stamina which are the same kind of juice, just called different names.

>I've used a Troll
Any adventurer with half a brain is keeping shit like wildfire or alchemical acids on him in case he need a bane to deal with troublesome racial abilities.
It's even in the LN: heteromorphs had higher stats but had critical vulnerabilities as a downside.
Brita and her party swiftly applied silver solution to their weapons after identifying enemy as a vampire.

You're talking about using items now.
What's stoping beastmen from doing this?

There are bane-infused martial arts and magic that human can learn and use.
Fire is more effective against undead than it is against humans.
Frost is more effective against slimes than it is against humans.
Nothing stops monsters from using items.
It's just monster bane will leave it critically vulnerable while human will suffer some general penalty in comparison.

>humans suddenly genocide almost the whole continent
>their descendants still around and genocide any demihuman in sight
>let's send our top guys

Nothing could go wrong.

>bane-infused martial arts and magic that human can learn and use
Like what? Unless I've missed something everytime someone uses an elemental damage it's either a spell or enchanted weapon.

Well yeah, but ST is keeping tabs on shit around their nation and I'd think they would be extra vary of a fast-breeding races capable of spewing individuals rivaling Dragon Lords.
Elemental spells: Fireball, Burst of Ice, Acid Javelin.
Thunder spear skill of dindu from vol7.
Paladins and Clerics should be able to infuse their weapons with holy or magical damage properties.
Clementine enchanted items, yes.

You've listed spells.
We were talking about MAs/racial abilities.
Unless Gazef had some hidden fire/acid type MA he would get wrecked by regenerating monster.

>Within the ‘Dragon Fang Thrust’, Parupatra further layered an additional ‘Blue Dragon Fang Thrust’ on top, which deals extra lightning damage.
>Just what is he thinking of, that old man! Even though we have healing magic here but who really goes all out like that?
>The effect of the used martial arts technique was one that would cause considerable amount of lightning damage even when suffering a minor graze.
Good job ignoring arguments.

I'm not ignoring them but it's probably the only case of elemental MA in whole LN.
My original point still stands
>monster with higher stats/racial abilities > human with MAs
The only other way around is when human has a MA that specifically counters those abilities.

>ywn have a sleepover with Clem

My original point still stands
>top lvl monster = top lvl human
Because a lvl100 human is bound to have a wide array of tricks to deal with troublesome inborn monster abilities.
For where it's lacking - it would use bane consumables and items.
>inb4 that's not a fair comparison
It is.
I already said that humans don't have such deep vulnerabilities like fire to undead, acid to trolls or ice to slimes.
Monster can throw that shit at human all he wants, he'll just achieve mediocre amount of damage compared to a crippling, debilitating conditions that human can inflict on monster with a bane.

>yfw no lap-snuggling either

Nice headcanon.

Monsters can just use equipment to counter humie items. Monsters > Humies.

CD? Also no, just no.

CD = Certain Death AKA Zesshi

You can never close ALL vulnerabilities completely.
Enhance your bait and re-read vol3.

You can close enough vulnerabilities that humies are left with little to no options in terms of attack. Monsters > Humies

>You can close enough vulnerabilities
No, you can't.
Ainz could not close both Fire and Holy vulnerabilities completely with all the p2w autism from Nazarick treasury behind him.
It's laughable to think NW monsters would pull that off.
Your bait is still weak.

>she will never place her stiletto between her muscular thighs and anally rape you

Will it tingle if I leave [Low Tier Damage Nullification] on?

Ainz decided to fully equip himself in gear specialized against holy element because he intended to bait Shalltear into only using holy attacks, but he did have the option of wearing his regular divine gear that grants general resistances. It's very possible for a monster to equip themselves well enough that they aren't vulnerable in any particular area. Monsters > Humies

>Ainz decided to fully equip himself in gear specialized against holy element because
he could not have closed both Holy and Fire vulnerability completely at the same time.
He's not retarded: he would do that if he could, but that's impossible, that's why he focused on only one and baited Shalltear of using the other.

>It's very possible for a monster to equip themselves well enough that they aren't vulnerable in any particular area.
No it is not.
No monster have a single vulnerability, there's always multiple: trolls have fire and acid, for example.
>After all, most undead were highly vulnerable to holy-element attacks.
>It was very difficult to remove that weakness, and if he had geared himself to resist the fire element, there was no way for him to do so.

Cause it's straight out shit.

Monsters are their own category, don't degrade them to human lv.

humans, demi-human, heteromorph and monster

The former 3 have racial and job lv but monsters only have racial lv, that's why monsters are raid bosses that can take on groups of same lv opponents and you can't choose them to play as.

Removing the vulnerability altogether is unnecessary. Simplying wearing equipment that gives general resistances would put a monster on the same level as human in terms of exploitable weaknesses.

I don't think NW have natural monsters.
Maybe that lava angler.
>gives general resistances
Against one type of attack.
Leaving the other wide open.
Bane is effective to the point it's not enough to half-heartedly achieve 30% resistance with items, which I doubt even possible even to civilized NW monsters.

>gives general resistances
>Against one type of attack.
>general
>one
Are you retarded?

Are you?
The fuck is an item that gives you "general" resistances over all elements?
That shit would be WCI in Yggdrasil.

>The former 3 have racial and job lv
but thats wrong

only heteromorphs have racial levels and dragons and other monster are shoehorned into the heteromorph category

I'm pretty sure there is literally one person using this term instead of ZZ or Zesshi.

"Now about Clementine ——"
Saying the name of the woman’s missing corpse, Ainz made a face as if he’d bitten a bug.
Because of Ainz’ mistake, this woman who learned much precious information had probably been revived. The disquieting sensation that she was probably disseminating her information was slowly accumulating.

How good will it feel when Cocytus kills them ?

Just interjecting into the cancer argument of Beast vs Humie.
General resistances on armor should not be able to fully cover all weaknesses.
If it did, then no one would ever use specialized armor that completely covered 1 elemental weakness.
This is why likely why Mr.Skeltal chose to use only holy resistance armor vs Shalltear.
If he could be fully resistant enough to shrug off both, he would probably do it.
That being said, however, whether or not beastmen can find armor that can nullify human attacks to make them effectively unkillable to humans is up in the air and any argument for either side is headcanon due to lack of direct textual evidence.

>yfw Slane Theocracy Black Scripture now equips time stop countermeasures because Thousand Miles Astrologer saw Ainz wreck Gazef with a time stop magic, even saying out loud "time stop countermeasures are important"

But Ainz mentioned it when time was stopped, so there's no way she should have heard or observed that. Unless OL's time stop is AOE and not a global effect.

It is probably an AOE otherwise, every time someone stopped the time in YGG, everyone expect ones with counter measures would be affected.

I think time stop is AOE and not global. If it is global, then I shudder to think how the game devs could implement a global time stop magic - every time stop would affect ALL players logged in within the same world

on another note, wasn't it mentioned that you can't cast magic while in time stop? what if MA can be used while in time stop, if one ever has time stop countermeasures?

In YGG it probably will be AOE, but in NW we have no idea yet. But most likely it will be AOE for story telling purposes.

Also, you can cast magic in time stop, but you have to delay the activation so it coincides with the end of the time stop duration. Refer to the Evil tree drama cd's Meteor.

Ainz has divination magic countermeasures. The ST wouldn't have been able to observe his battle with Gazef. Also, divination magic is visual only, you don't get any audio, so Ainz saying "time stop countermeasures are important" out loud is not a problem.

So I've yet to buy the novels, and only have read half of vol 1.

But I need to ask, Is Ainz the first level 100 character to arrive to the NW?

Or do all gods/deities/demons were level 100 players that arrived before him
I only know that there's some kind of period of time between characters arriving in the new world

Are there any other players around so far? Or only Ainz?