Does this MP100 ever actually get good? I try to stay away from generic anime but I thought I could trust ONE after OPM...

Does this MP100 ever actually get good? I try to stay away from generic anime but I thought I could trust ONE after OPM. But I'm on the 3rd episode and cringing at how it tries to be funny but can't a single joke that hasn't been landed a thousand times before in a thousand different other animes.

* but can't land a single joke, sorry.

Isn't it wonderful how the cancerous OPM fanbase is naturally repulsed by Mob?
The discussions of this wonderful series are safe from normalfags, spics and powerlevelfags.

Strange, I thought MP100 was unusually hilarious, since I usually don't find most jokes in anime funny.

I'm really not trying to be a contrarian because I came into the series with an open mind, but the show's doing way too many typical "anime" things and I'm just not impressed

Keep watching you fucking faggot.

The "Reigen has to keep up his facade" gag is overdone in the first few episodes, but after that it's used less often and the show gets better. Honestly after the first episode I was stunned by the visuals but thought the story was going to be really shitty.

Don't lie, you came into the series expecting OPM 2.0

Uh, no, I'm not. I knew what kind of show this was going to be, but I at least expected it to be a subversion of its tropes rather than them just... playing it out.

Like said, the Reigen joke is just awful, but it's not the only joke that gets beaten into the ground. The art style is really attractive but that's all it has going for it right now.

OPM was defiant of tropes, MP100 just... does them.

>SUBVERSION SUBVERSION DECONSTRUCTION
leave

walmart OPM

>all those buzzwords
Back to r*ddit.

I just had a stroke and replied to the wrong post.
This shit is for you -

Oh I see you're just retarded

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't use reddit.

MP100 ""subverts"" tropes just as much, but in the opposite direction. Violence is never the answer and every time Mob releases his power he ends up making things worse for people.
MP100 is also criticizing OPM, which is why idiots like you hate it so much.

>powerlevelfags
I still don't get how OPM attracts them so much. It almost makes less sense than anything.

I blame the sakugatwitter-dork and Bones-fag Liborek for trying to start some fanbase shit between One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100.

>"cant handle big words, brain hurt, reddit!"

It's no use. OPM babies will never forgive Mob Psycho for not ending it's season with a massive badass fight scene involving the MC.

Overlord > Shit > OPM > Mob Shitco
FACTS.

mob Psycho have the worst fanbase I've ever seen in Sup Forums. It's even worse than Reddit:zero fanbase.

>being THIS fucking mad that an user thinks OPM is better than generic high school anime ft. cardboard cut out protagonist

That's the point. OPM starts with an interesting premise and then it becomes shit with the main joke getting stale and the "plot" advancing at a ridiculous rate. It's a monster of the week shit and a bad on on top of that

Mob is the contrary, yeah it has a slow start, its premise seems quite dull and it hasn't OPM's surprise factor. But going on it becomes much better, it succeed at having an interesting plot while still not taking itself too seriously. Tha characters are also more fleshed out and lovable

Just keep watching,for some reasons small part of people who really liked Mob have opinion that first episodes are kinda meh,so you may fall in that category

OP samefagging talking to himself like a true autist

>generic high school anime
wew lad
>cardboard cut out protagonist
Shigeo has more personality than the entire OPM cast.

Is this a bait post?

Put more effort next time please

so like I said,
>being THIS fucking mad that an user thinks OPM is better than generic high school anime ft. cardboard cut out protagonist

be patient my son

i didn't find it entertaining either until about five episodes in or so

I'll keep pushing. I genuinely want to like it. Just disappointed, and these butthurt fans aren't really helping their case

When did Overlord become synonymous with a shitposting community?
The threads were pretty comfy.

>he believes liking Mob Psycho is being contrarian

>these butthurt fans aren't really helping
>only respond to idiots
>only get idiots posting
Who could've predicted this?

The shitposting factor of a community is directly proportional to the amount of faggots in it.

I enjoyed it more than One Punch Man

You're right I guess.

It's clearly awful now, but I was asking about a timeline of events. Because it wasn't too bad back when I was in the threads leading up to the anime's release. There was some /tg/ autism, but it was the amusing kind, not the cancerous kind.

It isn't it's just one shitposter. Said the same shit in the last bait OPM thread. Just let the thread die

Aside from the amazing animation the series is pretty average in my oppinion

Mob has better animation, more interesting art direction, better music, better story, better humor, better characters, better progression, more interesting themes.
OPM has memes and powerlevels.

I hope your screencap of that stupid crossdressing scene isn't supposed to be an example of "better humor" because that shit is so goddamn old and beaten into the ground.

samefag

Yeah dude I just want some deconstructions and trope-subverting intellectual anime like Death Note or Elfen Lied.

Mob is all about subversion. Literally all of the villians have god complexes and think that, since they have psychic power/talent/charisma, anything they want should be handed to them. It's supposed to be a parody of more shallow forms of anime writing, except it's less completely fucking obvious about it than OPM is. Not to mention, the whole theme of coming-of-age and striving toward your goals are explored in even more depth in the manga.
tl;dr finish the fucking show jesus christ

I blame AnimeJapan2017 having a lack of awesome announcements leading to these kinds of boring bait-threads.

>tropes tropes tropes
tvtropes really unleashed the pandora's box, huh

Why does Mob Psycho 100 and OPM trigger Sup Forums so much?

Pic related

It attracts all of the dumb shippers, though

How is Overlord related?

Something something overpowered MC shit fanbase

It looks very good but I'm afraid it is a generic battle shounen so I avoid it. Convince me?

>Uh,
>...
>...
Stop this.

They will give you an ideal to strive towards

>Group of tough jocks
>first time mentioned their club is kicking out another club from their room
>actually a decent group of guys who just want to exercise and improve their life
>lets the first club stay in the room as they just use it for storage
>doesn't want to fight at all
>Life Improvement Club down a core.

It is a generic battle shonen, but at least it isn't a harem, so it definitely could be worse. It's 5/10, something to watch if you have a lot of free time and don't feel like watching anything serious or deep.

Body Improvement Club are objectively best boys

Why

>not enjoying analysis of anime
I guess you just watch for the waifus, huh

>I guess you just watch for the waifus, huh
This doesn't have any waifus, which is why I dropped it around episode five. Making it fujobait was the biggest mistake. Every other problem could have been forgiven if there were even two or three good waifus.

>trying to analyze low art
If I want to analyze something I'd pick a fucking book.

>because there are no cartoon girls for me to jerk off to, this anime is fujobait

yep
get better taste pleb

It isn't extreme fujobait, but it is shonen level fujobait. I would say it is approximately on the fujo level of the more extreme scenes in BNHA.

>This doesn't have any waifus
>Implying

If I want to analyze something I'd pick a fucking book.

If you wanted to say you're incapable of intelligent thought, you could've just said so.

I'm just being mean, I'm sorry. Seriously, anything can be analyzed, and low effort works should be punished and scrutinized for being low effort. OPM is the opposite of low effort: it is clever in how it presents itself, its characters, and its storylines. It's taking a Mary Sue superhero story and completely fucking with the concept and expectations, and that's what makes it great. So far, MB100 isn't doing this, but I'm going to keep pushing through and seeing if it gets better. I know there's a lot of anime that requires a good amount of episodes before it gets good, that's why I made this thread.

>Mary Sue superhero
Saitama isn't a Mary Sue in any use of the term, though.

Literally fuck off back to r*ddit with your shit bait and tvtropes-tier "analysis".

It's a typed message not a transcript, even if you wanted to look like a roleplaying faggot surely you'd want to avoid repeating sentence structures so it reads better. Most importantly, lurk more.

If you want to analyse Mob Psycho then read the manga like the rest of us. There's an entire archive of all the discussion and analysis you could hope for, and it takes bugger all to search it.

mob is just OPM for hipster autists

Fuck off retard

He's built up to be that, which is the point. He's a guy that kills things in one hit and doesn't get hurt. That's easily 975% of deviantART OCs. Then all the side characters are making fun of stereotypical anime characters, only they keep getting their ass kicked.

Saitama subverts all expectations expected of him by not being a badass, not enjoying killing things easily, being sort of a loser, and struggling for seemingly unattainable goals. It is defiance in the face of every single stereotypical shonen anime character.

If I don't enjoy the anime, why would I enjoy the manga?

Watch it for the top-notch animation. That's the only good thing about ONE adaptions.

> 975%

Fuck, I meant to write 75%. I don't think 975 is quite the number of OCs.

>watching Mob Psycho for the comedy

>He's built up to be that, which is the point.
But he isn't. You keep using the term trope repeatedly but you can't even read tvtropes, user.
Saitama is overwhelmingly overpowered, but he isn't a Mary Sue or Gary Stu.

You seem to be completely missing my point entirely, user.

He is a superhero that kills things in one hit, effortlessly, while being ripped and unable to take actual damage. That DESCRIBES a Mary Sue. It describes thousands of Mary Sues ranging from bad fanfiction.net writings to actual in production animes.

He defies this within minutes of the first pages of his manga/comic and first minutes of his episode, which is the point.

He isn't a Mary Sue. We are in agreement on that. What I'm trying to say is that, by all means, he SHOULD be a Mary Sue when you look at everything about him, but he isn't, and that's what makes him special.

I'm not watching it for the comedy, but it's trying to be funny, and that's painful. Not a single joke has landed in three episodes and it's just agonizing watching so many "funny moments" that just reek of steoretypical anime humor that I've seen in a few dozen other shows.

Is that unreasonable?

>That DESCRIBES a Mary Sue
No, it doesn't. You are completely missing my point. He isn't a Mary Sue and not a single part of his character is even somewhat similar to a Mary Sue.
You are misusing this term, which makes your entire point seem less coherent.

It's alright but massively overrated. The only really great part was Reigen BTFOing the chuunis near the end of the season.

As already said,a lot of people didn't like first 3 that much for different reasons,so just keep watching...And of course it's okay to not like something that other people like,so keep it in mind.

>the most likely to have all or most of the common Marty Stu Traits above
Which he doesn't have. Posting a picture of that part doesn't make you correct.

You were talking about analysis, not enjoyment. I'm telling you if you want analysis there is a lot in the manga discussion, and the adaptation wouldn't need that repeated for the story or characters. Knowing everything you needed was readily available with a search makes this thread redundant.

On enjoyment since you brought it up, manga is far faster to consume than anime because you're not at the mercy of runtimes, this is a commonly known fact. If you feel you'll enjoy the later parts more then it makes sense to reach them faster. Sampling the manga isn't difficult. You don't need to rely on others.

You don't know what a Mary Sue is, please stop making a fool of yourself in a public forum.

>Which he doesn't have.

In what fucking way

>You don't know what a Mary Sue is,

The fuck I don't

Describe Saitama's status as a hero and how the public treats him post-Sea King fight.

You clearly fucking aren't reading what I'm saying. Saitama being a Mary Sue is shattered within the first episode, the point I'm making is that he is presented as one on paper. Super strong--extremely strong. Cannot be defeated. Cannot be hurt. Cannot feel pain. Ripped. Funny. Everything.

But it's all gone within minutes. That's the point. He is a subversion.

>In what fucking way
Saitama is neither manly nor a source of wish fulfillment

At best you could mention how little his ideals are challenged and try to find a point there

>Super strong--extremely strong. Cannot be defeated. Cannot be hurt.
How many fucking times do we have to tell you that this doesn't mean he's a Mary Sue?
How fucking stupid are you?
>Cannot feel pain.
Patently false. He is shown several times to be in pain, it just doesn't leave any lasting damage.

Look at the fucking picture of an example of a Gary Stu and tell me what I said doesn't apply.

He has a ripped body and looks manly when he gets in his serious mode. He is not wish fulfillment for the author but he certainly is for many viewers.

You still don't understand what a Mary Sue is. If he were a Mary Sue in episode one, where is his fanclub? Where does the author tell us he is absolute righteousness embodied and can never do wrong? How many bad guys in episode one are portrayed as bad because they dislike or are jealous of Saitama? At what point is the audience told to sympathise with Saitama over the needs of other characters, and that Saitama is deserving of the world's affection and more?

I love Mobshitco bait threads.
Pisses of the Mobhipsters and OPMfags at the same time.

You're still around then? Holy shit you're on the level of barneyfag.

Que?
I'm not even the OP you fucking shitters. I just love reading retards argue.

Just fuck off retard.

wow you got me bro