Why don't they start over with a new protagonist for each version of the pokemon anime?

Why don't they start over with a new protagonist for each version of the pokemon anime?
For ruby and sapphire a new protag
For sun and moon a new protag
etc. instead of using ash over and over.

Don't they have to pay the voice actors more and more money the longer the series goes on for new episodes? Or is that mostly a american thing and japs are free to pay their voice actors peanuts regardless of how long they've worked on the show.

Just read pokemon special then, it's better anyway.

Not wanting to take risks I guess
The series still fairs well in TV ratings. Why jeopardize that? Creative passion? Ha!

Instant label recognition.

Basically seeing Ash and Pikachu links to this franchise.

The company will lose a lot of money by changing the characters.

they're had their chance to do that
it's too late to do that now
they're too far invested into that character to drop him
also don't expect him to win any league ever

>Let's remove a 20 year recognizable mascot that's paired with THE Pokemon mascot so we can start all over again to build a completely new character that people will probably forget all about in a year or two
Great fucking idea, user. It should be like Yugioh and it's all so awesome and memorable characters that's different from every season.

to be fair
yugioh isn't the same game it was 10 years ago
it suffers from powercreep

Name me the main character for every season, user.

Are you asking us as if we were supposed to know or something?
Ask the pokemon company

So does Pokemon

Yugi
Jaden
Yusei
Yuma
DUDE EGAO LMAO

I just want to see Sabrina again.

yugi, yudai, yusei, the shitty one from xyz, yuya

Remember when DB was going to change its MC to Gohan? And then they had to go back to Goku?

Yeah, people associate a character with the entire series so you have to keep using the same one or you lose tons of viewers

>implying the Pokemon anime is memorable outside the first season that literally aired two decades ago
Oh, yeah, and Ash status as eternal 10yo loser and MC in one of the worst anime ever. We would lose so much by getting a new MC.

>changing mc's in the middle of a series
It barely works for yugioh and that's only because each new spinoff feels like a different universe

the changes aren't as radical
gen1mon are still viable unlike ygo

I think both your answers pretty much prove my case here. I mean, for Pokemon, for all 20 years, all you need to remember is Ash/Satoshi. That's it.

>in the middle of a series
The series will last until the Pokemon franchise goes bust, and that won't happen in another 60 years unless there's a civilizational collapse or the Earth cracks open like an egg.

So, your point is that is better to have a single shit protagonist instead of various protagonist of varying quality because it's easier to remember who is who?

Are all the faggots who still watch Pokemon this retarded?

>you will die in pokemon´s lifetime

No, the point is that you both couldn't name all of the different MC for every season while, for good or ill, Ash is Ash. You will remember him, where as most people will probably not care for anyone beyond Yugi for Yugioh. You do not want to squander 20 years of brand recognition for a maybe popular new main character.

do you have problems to remember eathan or brendan?
nobody forgets the main characters from the games

Because Ash is the face of the anime the same way Pikachu is the face of the company

Remember how mad /vp/ was when Ash lost to Allan and didnt get with the girl?
Holy shit it was all worth it for that alone.

The anime producers clearly see Ash and Team Rocket as the face of the anime side of the franchise.

The games already do that though. The anime doesn't do it out of tradition, but there's nothing indicating they really get anything out of it. It's just a stubborn tradition.

Yugioh had power creep even in the manga, before it was an actual card game.

Giving a definite personality to a marketing tool the player is supposed to self insert and explore the world has backfired a lot.

Pokespe dodges the bullet, but a widespread Anime can't afford to shit the upcoming game popularity with a gimmick.

This isn't a TCG, this isn't an story driven JRPG. This is a monster trainer game with you as the player.

Honestly Pokémon nailed this hard without ruining the silent protagonist trope with Ash.

A stubborn tradition that resulted in a 20 year long brand mascot. Your parents probably know who Ash is, you know who Ash is, and probably several years down the line, your wife's son will know who Ash is. Why would they want to remove a multi-generational recognizable character for something that is suppose to be an advertisement to their game?

HERE'S THE SOLUTION:
TIMESKIP
ASH HAS A SON
ALSO CALLED ASH (JR).
BAMN
BOOM
DONE

>implying people buy the games because of the ashnime
Ok, maybe Japanese children do.

yugi and school boy are the only ones i know because i stopped watching after that and the new summonig gimmicks are dumb

That bullshit, many people can name off the names of protagonists of the games so there's no reason why they couldn't remember it for the anime. If you're paranoid that fans can't remember their name then just do what the manga does and use the video game protagonists as the MC, and make them all have a Pikachu or some shit.

The problem with the sticking with the same character is that Ash makes it to the league every region but then have to start all over once he move onto a new region and all that character development and progress goes down the drain. This is why Ash can't grow (both literally and figurative) and that's terrible for some one who suppose to be your Main character.

>t then have to start all over once he move onto a new region and all that character development and progress goes down the drain
That literally happened once and the show pretty much publicly apologized for it and the guy who did it was literally fired

It's happened 3 times now, Best Wishes reset him and it was very unpopular so they reset him again for XY which was better received but for whatever reason they still reset him when Sun and Moon came out

Best wishes main fault was that the japanese audience hated team rocket and the plasma plot was destroyed by fucking real life events.

After that everything went to shit.

Or well it had all time low episodes like Elesa gym, seriously fuck that episode in particular.

For all effects and purposes, he starts all over again once he goes to a new region, leaving his friends and Pokemon; and character development for Ash is non-existent in Pokemon, they just reset his personality and vary his competence according to the setting and the tone they want to give to the new season. Continuity, of course, is non-existent as he's still ten and that, alone, is proof enough to negate it.

I just wish they hadn’t so fucked up Gohan since then.

>Or well it had all time low episodes like Elesa gym, seriously fuck that episode in particular.

So what happened? I stopped after Diamond and Pearl, and wasn't Iris a shit as well?

Ash has had character development? The dude literally reverts back to an idiot at the beginning of every season.

>Why would they want to remove a multi-generational recognizable character for something that is suppose to be an advertisement to their game?
Exactly due to that? It's an advertisement for the games, so it should be promoting the game content, not their dumb original stuff. The anime staff basically seems to get away with just advertising the Pokemon and character designs somehow, which is pretty odd for such a long running game adaptation. Just look at someone like Lilie in the current season, who's completely different from her in-game self, only reusing the design and name.

>start all over again to build a completely new character
>implying they've been building Ash all this time
He's basically the same character from Gen 1. They always reset him with every new season. He never wins leagues, still releases good pokemon and loses fights to trainers that are just starting.

Ashfags literally believe people watch the anime for Ash, that another MC would be unrecognizable and would ruin the series, and that he's the face of the franchise, so for them he's irreplaceable.

Iris started very fresh but ended up becoming a poorsman Misty, and Japanese people hate Misty, her character even failed at her goal of evolving Axew, wich BTW stole several episodes trying to be Piplup when we already had Oshawott.

Picture Piplup comic relief on Ash most used Pokémon, that's fucking Oshawott through the entire unova trip.

The rivals where many, but trip was just pure garbage and many rivalries outside of Stephan were unresolved, seriously Stephan 3v3 battle on the league was sadly the highest point of the Anime and that isn't saying much.

And finnally, Ash gym battles outside of Lenora, Burgh, Brycen and Roxie(YMMV since this showcased how bad Ash team was before the league) sucked or flanderized the gym leaders big time.

Clay got mad because of attract despite being actually good in the climax, Skyla was butchered, elesa got good development but Ash was terrible there.

Seriously Elesa fight was terrible. And don't make me start with Cameron.

Wait, so you do agree?

It is a confirmed fact that franchises lose money if they change a trademark or mascot.

Instant label recognition is not something a multi partnership comitee would discard when achieved.

As much as it hurts the faggots that want Ash to be canned it is simply not profitable for the company to ditch him.

>releases good pokemon
I don't get this one. When has he ever just said "hmm yeah you're too good for my team im releasung you for this".
He only releases pokemon because it wants to go be with it's family or some shit. Do you think he should go "No you're my slave, you're stuck with me whether you like it or not"?

Market trends suggest that a new protagonist would be more popular than Ash as long as it's a cute girl.

>It is a confirmed fact that franchises lose money if they change a trademark or mascot.
So, the original game developers are incompetent compared to the anime staff? No one is talking about removing Pikachu anyway.

I would watch the pokemon anime if the protag was a girl. Also if her main pokemon was a grass-type.

Where does Serena rank on the list of companions Ash has had?

just read the manga. its miles better anyway

Who should the next protagonist be?

I want M.D Geist up there.

Second to Dawn wich had co-star status instead of just companion.

You just can't replace that character at this point, picture the outrage of replacing Ash VA at this point.

There are several things the antiAsh faggots haven't considered at this stage, if anything the Pokémon comitee is doing the best thing to maximize profits with minimal risks.

They could always try a spin off where it's one of the female protagonists as lead. It's not gonna take away from Ash being the MC of all the major series, but it's a breath of fresh air and it'll let the company know how well received a new main character would be.

>replacing Ash
>outrage
Literally 90% of the fans of the franchise would either agree or simply not care about it.

Westernfag view is the only view that matters.

In Japan VAs on a children franchise are fucking sacred, remember the lupin situation? No company wants that to happen again.

Seriously, think of this with a japanese mentality and you will start to notice how retarded most antiAsh faggots actually sound like.

Replacing Ash is like replacing Goku

at least tori tried to replace him with gohan
but failed since gohan shit

Anyone would have been shit compared to Goku

Literally just read pokespec, it alrwady does that.

Wasn't there an interview where they said that the day Ash wins a league is the day the series ends?

because there's nothing after it

>picture the outrage of replacing Ash VA at this point.
What? No one is talking about keeping Ash and replacing the VA. That would be utterly pointless.

Because brand recognition motherfucker, do you speak it?

Brand recognition. It has to be done even if that means Ash will keep on losing leagues in a never-ending cycle.

Because Japan loves Satoshi and Pikachu. The whole "Ash is shit why don't they get rid of him" thing is unique to the west.

Why can't they just go the Aikatsu route where Ash is still in the show but the focus shifts to a new main character who wants to be better than Ash?

same reason why team rocket still exist
don't fix what's not broken

But it's broken.

it's still making them money apparently
so it isn't broken

What's making them money is the vidya.

There's nothing memorable about Pikachu and Ash. The both of them ironically peaked at the end of the Kanto arc, which ended ages ago.

Just because the anime isn't making as much money as the games doesn't mean the anime isn't making money. Ratings are still strong after 20 years despite memes claiming the opposite, and the Japanese target audience is more than satisfied with the current arrangement. So no, it's really not broken.

Of course they are. Ash is living the dream of traveling to exciting places and meeting new people, plus hooking up with girls. Too bad nips are too retarded to understand love.

For once, it was a great time to be alive.

It's just a vietnamese cartoon for children. Watching this for character development of all reasons is pretty autistic. Move on to better shows because the target audience is king. You're a minority with continuing to follow the series. Aside from marketing, the series resets are for new kids while the older ones will get their wallets emptied via nostalgia.

So basically, the only thing that prevents the existence of a decent Pokemon anime with a good MC is the Japanese children's shit taste and the executives being too stuck in their confort zone with their shitty animated commercial ad?

Can anyone explain what the fuck happened in Ash vs Alan to me? Greninja and Charizard had barely scratched each other and neither of them showed any signs of damage or fatigue by the time the fight ended, even after blasting each other with finisher-tier moves. It didn't feel like a final battle at all, it was literally nothing, like they had to cut the fight short at the last minute. I'm still baffled 8 months later.

No, the only thing saving us from a crappy edgefest garbage waste of 22 minutes a week with some fagot MC that won't come close to 20 years of character recognition and tradition is the fact that the pokemon anime doesn't care about westerners at all. Thankfully.

I wholeheartedly love Satoshi and I would not trade him for any other protagonist in the world.

They should take the JoJo route and have each anime a new generation.

Why are you singling out japan for this? The US does the same shit. Oldfags remember the whole Dallas fiasco when a beloved character died and they suddenly backpedaled the fuck out of that by making that episode all just a dream. Or better yet, remember Optimus's death in the Transformer movie and how fan outrage had made them backpedal on Duke's death in the upcoming GI Joe movie as well?

I can smell the butthurt from you XY-fags already.

he's nice

Dear god, I hope you're not serious. Anyway, fuck off with your shitty cartoon to your containment board, fag.

>some 3dpd image shit
I rest my case. Pokemon is an anime you should fuck off back to Sup Forums.

Dubs have different voices for different ashes actually.

Not sure about Jap VAs though

>Pokemon is an anime

Satoshi has never been anyone but Rica Matsumoto.

Avatar is more anime than Pokemon.

>ash

は?

It's a shame the original voice actor died but man, Matsumoto fucking killed that role.

I love how Ash gets blue-balled every time he tries out in a League...

>He's basically the same character from Gen 1.
There was gradual development right until Sinnoh. Isshu is where he got hard reset. Him training May in Hoenn was a great sign of his growth.

I remember Digimon being just as huge and popular as Pokemon when it came out.

But Digimon went multiverse when the 3rd series hit and began it's sharp decline afterwards.

Same might have happened to Pokemon if the franchise went that route.

Tamers best season btw

look at Ash's bottom right to find your answer

The end of DP was the right moment to switch characters. They explained how the League works, that you had to beat the E4 and the current Champion just like in the games. They could've explored all of that, had Ash win and stay as a secondary character, while the spotlight could have been given to someone else.

that's a nice shoe