I'm trying to understand, this nigger is on par with blue

I'm trying to understand, this nigger is on par with blue.
This means he is stronger then both buu and gold frieza, yet he did nothing to try to stop them.

are dragon ball characters really this apathetic?

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1289806#p1289806
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop trying to make sense of it.

Well simply he didn't know. Can't sense energy

unlimited energy+years training

Its make believe you fucking retard.

Super isn't canon

I mean Goku said he wasn't trying his best. Regardless Toriyama just makes up shit as he goes along, did it really take you this long to realise?

"Shut up you fucking autists! Power levels are bullshit!"
-Akira Toriyama

super isn't canon, nigga

t. GTspics

Or maybe the writers didn't put much thought into it.

He doesn't care if the universe gets destroyed, why would he care about the Earth?
If it's time, it's time, that's it.

gt and super are both not canon

fuck, even in gt he was overpowered

He fused with another 17 from hell.

It's a silly reason, but at least there was a reason.

we don't know how strong he was during the Buu saga, and he had no way of knowing Frieza was in town (androids can't sense energy)

Plus years of training + unlimited potential energy = strong

And finally, its fucking Dragon Ball Z, try not to think about it so much, we all know Toriyama doesn't

Did he give his energy to the kid buu genkidama? Because if he did his power alone should have been enough.

we did but we don't know how strong he was, maybe he just wasn't able to cut it with Buu?

That's the problem with you shounenfags. You always assume shit. Why does that guy (don't know, don't care) have an obligation to help? Maybe he didn't know of give a fuck just as it is about people of power in life.

1. the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good man to do nothing
2. even if he truly doesn't give a fuck, both of those villains have the ability to destroy the earth (this would mean his own death)

Why didn't Goku just go SS3 instead of Blue? At least that would have been a bit more acceptable. Fucking Toriyama.

Proving my point. You're projecting your own values instead of the character's values. Actions speak louder than words. He apparently cares fuck all about evil and life like you do. Everyone is different, shounenfag.

It's fun my dude. And yeah, he's pretty apathetic, he literally didn't care about the Universe blowing up.

You'd think he'd notice his family getting killed by buu. Does he ever fucking go home?

good, im glad the DBZ setting has a human powerful enough to relevant, at least for a little while.

Meant for

Every time someone complains about Super these days its always about power levels and never about actually important stuff like writing or characterization. People like OP take out their calculators and autistically crunch out numbers. It's like memorizing baseball statistics for them, rather than enjoying a story.

Soon? Surely hes gonna get a powerup next right? Maybe him and 17 can be actual rivals now?

> human

>are dragon ball characters really this apathetic?
Goku is a retarded manchild who lives to fight and wouldn't care if the universe was destroyed if the fight was good.

I think goku wasn't going all out but androids also have an unlimited power source so they could train nonstop forever if they really wanted to...I think?

I feel like the anime is making ssb look more and more useless every episode though

In a show where being the strongest is all that matters, I think anyone would be right to keep in mind just who exactly is the strongest. Stop talking about shit like "enjoying a story" with DBS; that's what Dragonball was for.

Beating up random mook poachers for years won't get him there. Plus, having a family cut his training time in half.

>GT
>17 is stupidly powerful for no reason
>Super
>17 is stupidly powerful for no reason
both super and gt suck

The SS3 hair is harder to draw.

SS3 Goku is twice as strong as super perfect Cell. It would be just as nonsensical.

Hell I'll take GT over Super at this point for nearly everything besides GT's Pan

>In a show where being the strongest is all that matters

With any other shonen, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, One Piece, critique and discussion's generally leveled at other shit, though. DBS is a show, not a fighting game.

DBZ retards are truly the lowest lifeforms on the planet.

they only write him into the story because 14 year old girls think he's sexy they aren't wrong by the way

we get it you like super samefag more autistic nigger

>trying to make sense of Super powerlevels

Why do people still do this?

Characters are exactly as strong as the plot demands at that particular moment, there is nothing more to it.

Do you need fucking Roshi fighting SSB Goku to understand that Toei doesn't care?

17 is stupidly powerful in GT because he fused with Hell Fighter 17.

17 is OP in Super just because.

The writers basically realized that the saiyans have gotten unreasonably strong to the point where it makes no sense that any lifeform outside of GoD's would be able to compete with them, so they just threw out powerlevels altogether for the sake of plot.

I mean, there's not much else you can do if you want to continue writing plots.
It's not any different from what GT did where suddenly every random alien they encounter is stronger than Frieza... Who, littler reminder, was so fucking strong that the strongest fighter he could find in the entire galaxy to lead his secret super squad was like 1/4th as strong as his weakest form.

Besides, the inconsistent power levels in the Zamasu arc were far more annoying than this shit.

No, he's right. "Videl is cute, CUTE," would yield a better and less autistic discussion than bsessing abut numbers that the creators don't give a shit about.

Is someone gonna give him a paycheck to support his wife and adopted kids? Then he doesn't give a fuck.

Go away amigo.

Toriyama is a complete hack. He was only good because of his editors.

GT sucked because the authors and editors suck.

People assume GT sucked because there was no Toriyama.

They bring him back with little supervision with shitty new amateur staff, so super sucks balls.

DBS is retarded shit, just accept it and move on.

Is it so strange to be surprised that they suddenly throw powerlevels out the window when almost the entirety of the Dragon Ball Z series was established to be PURE powerlevel bullshit?

Just because something is Marginally less shit doesn't make it better

Only thing Toriyama had to do with was designing Super Saiyan 4 forms for Goku and Vegeta, Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, and some of the villains like Baby, and Baby Vegeta's forms. That's all he did in GT, nigga.

GT sucks because its a clusterfuck of nonsense.

>Baby arc
>Trunks becomes irrelevant at the end of it and is a side character
>Goten is literally a placeholder in the same story arc
>Vegeta does jackshit 90% of GT
>Piccolo irrelevant and gets killed off
>Botched golden egg with what they could've done with the Shadow Dragons
>Super 17 arc being down right fucking retarded even by DB's relatively low standards

GT is bad for many reasons.

g-GOKU WAS HOLDING Y-YOU STUPID POWERLEVELFAG
haha

Its marginally less shit, yes, but its also still canon.

So wait in the episode 17 has a shield. Isnt that the shield he had when he became super 17 and could absorb ki to become stronger? Or am I missing something

>canon

Doesn't mean I'll recognize it

Just like of Evangelion died with End of Evangelion for me

He used it when Picollo tried to hit him with Hellzone Grenade.

>Doesn't mean I'll recognize it.
You can do that. I don't "recognize" Nu-Star Wars/aka Disney Star Wars as being official or canon, but its still there all the same no matter how much I wish it weren't so.

So then does that mean he could only fight on par with Goku because he absorbed the Ki from the Kamehameha?

>#17
>"absorbing" ki

Dragon Ball has always been nonsensical.
Just get a grip guys. People have been blowing up Moons since DB and Planets since early Z.

It's not meant to be taken seriously, this isnt Fate Stay Asswipe, or Nagruto, or some series that seriously tries to explain power levels and skills.

This is just "He's strong because I said so." Like Bleach's writer, he cant be arsed.

Okay so I asked if the shield he used was the same he had when he became super 17 in gt. user told me "He used it when Picollo tried to hit him with Hellzone Grenade."

Now I dont know if he meant he had only the shield against piccolo which seems to be what he meant or if he meant he could absorb Ki at that stage. Im not sure and he could probably correct me easily enough.

But it would explain shit

>Or maybe the writers didn't put much thought into it.
which is a shame considering they did put a bit of thought into Goku and 17's interaction based on what they should/shouldn't know about each other.

Only 19 and 20 could absorb ki because of the nodes on their hands. 17 is a perpetual energy model that cant absorb.

20 cents has been deposited to your toei account

Ah okay then. Nevermind me then. Thanks for clearing that up for me user

He literally said in the episode the universe being erased from existence isn't his problem.

Did anyone tell #17 that nature stops existing when...reality stops existing?

That actually pissed me off. Fucking Japs think they can just tack "Shouganai" to every statement in existence, even if it is fiction. It speaks volumes about how shitty their society must be. Thank fuck I don't live there.

He trains piccolo-style out in the middle of the ocean around the island.

Even if family time cut those 12 years into a rough half, that's still 6 years to hone your skills to better do your job and be ready for any and all threats that show up at your doorstep.

Remember Goku jumped from the 300s to 3,000,000 (150,000,000 if you wanna count him at his best with ssj) in little over a year. Yeah, all of DBZ up to the end of Namek was age 761 to 762.

Power gain ultimately works depending on however the plot demands. Obviously we need a strong guy for the tournament, so there: all the reason you need to accept 17 grew like a motherfucker in the interim.

Yeah it's a shame they don't go into it more, my argument only has any meat because it's "believable" given what we have. Doesn't matter since DBZ set the playing field and mexicans don't want the established status quo of character development to change. Krillin must always be weak, androids must always be between SSJ and SSJ2 in power, etc.

>Kid Goku has a fuck shit power level despite being the adopted grandson and from a race of warriors trained by a martial artist prodigy whose the prized student of the strongest martial artist in the world (Roshi) at age 12
>Barely 4 year old Gohan with no training has a power level like 800 times higher

Toriyama has always been retarded.

He helped with the Genkidama against Buu. Who knows if he was strong enough to face him back then?
Regarding GF, how would he even know that he was attacking the planet? Does he even detect ki?
Still, he made it pretty clear that all he cares about is the Island. So even if he knew about GF he might've not care enough to show up.

GT > Super.

Better everything.

Getting laid unlocked his power limiters. That's how it works, right?

Gohan was always pointed out as being a freak with hidden monstrous power.
I mean its mentioned that Freeza and the Ginyu force are mutants of their species and that's why their so strong.
Goku's power level after zenkai boosts was never mentioned either, people like to forget that the last canon power level number was Freeza's one million, so there really is no way of knowing what Goku's boost power level was.

I miss smug 17. New 17 is too serious/nihilistic.

He was a bottom of the barrel low class Saiyan that grew up on low gravity Earth. It's made pretty clear in DBZ that the higher the gravity of a planet the higher the natives power level.

lol power level fags sure got triggered.

Why do people complain about Toriyama? Isn't Toyotaro the one in charge now?

i thought it was obvious to everyone that nothing makes sense in terms of power or power levels in dragon ball super.

>We are now at a point where GT has better writing than Super

Toriyama is fucking senile. Dont put much thought on the series, just enjoy it when you can.

This right here. Solid advice. It's not like you'd be wrong to sit and question why Android 17 was able to rival SSB since there's no way to justify it but ultimately you shouldn't be trying to make sense of it anyways.

how are there still people who unironically expect consistent power levels in DB at this point?

>x isnt canon because i didnt like it

I dont think the animators know what to do desu.
They see it like
"SSJ is too weak to show how strong this guy is, we dont like SSJ3, so the only other mode we know of is SSB"
Its more they dont have any options and if A17-18/Krillin etc are going to fight people and it be interesting and not "Wait for muh Goku" its all they got

Reminder that Powerlevelfags got BTFO by Toriyama

Full translation at kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1289806#p1289806

>As a fan, I'm looking forward to Goku and #17's first battle.
#17 didn't have many fights in the original story nor in the anime up until now. Apparently, Akira Toriyama didn't have the opportunity to display his strength but he is also giving his approval, saying #17 has great potential.

>Akira Toriyama didn't have the opportunity to display his strength but he is also giving his approval, saying #17 has great potential.

Are we going to just ignore the part where 17 was evenly matched with piccolo after fusing with kami?

>proceeds to create a new form that has higher power level because the enemy got too strong
>no training needed, just instant power up

>be 17
>sees wife and kids getting shot by random energy blasts
>don't check where it came from
>earth explodes
>still don't do anything
>earth is restored and Goku, Vegeta and then Mr. Satan start talking to his mind
>at least in the filler the little fucker raised his hands
17 didn't get any god powers, so he should be way stronger than Goku back in Buu saga. Why did he let Buu attack his family and destroy his planet?

Maybe power levels aren't linear

see
please, try to understand something for once.

How am I suppose to enjoy a story this fucking retarded?

Super faggots will ignore this post

What if Cell absorbed them both now?

How fucked would everyone be?

Gohan could still beat him

maybe your head isn't linear