What should a government do and not do?

What should a government do and not do?

ban degeneracy but still make sure the country is safe for degenerates

A government should die. A government should not exist.

>a government should do
Nothing
>a government shouldn't do
Anything

"Somalia is the greatest country on earth guys"

Protect the border

I believe a government should provide to it's citizens something of equal or greater value for every tax dollar it takes in

Unironically this.
1.Protect me from outside forces wanting to change how I live my life.
2.STAY OUT OF MY LIFE

That's a good question desu, make this honeypot tomorrow and I'll give an answer

A government should do the things its citizens and private contractors should not want to, or can not do and represent the citizens on matters of world politics.

It is.
>as much khat, guns, and sex slaves as you can ask for

It should try to make its citizens live the longest lives possible

>he fell for the poor people coca leaves maymay

the bare minimum

Den you'n yo' boys den can use ona all rotten AK dem, against dem gov'ment troop, and den new weapons dem, ah?

They should ensure one language is spoken.
They should not tax peoples labor or investments. No income tax, no capital gains tax.
Institute a land tax.

pretend all of its citizens are autistic retards

Do: Maintain a good number of roads, as well as the fire, police, and hospital. Offer a basic, mandatory schooling until the 8th grade, at which point, it can be optional. Allow a few state-run universities. Have a CDC and a food standards commission as part of the whole hospital thing. Keep a registry of firearms for the sake of tracking firearms in case of theft/black market/burglaries/etc. Keep law of the land through the three branches of Executive/Legislative/Judicial. Enforce term limits to weed out the career politicians. Maintain a military for the protection of the people from outside sources, as well as natural disasters. Provide indisputable evidence to the people, as well as all three branches of government as a reason for foreign engagements.

Don't: Not allow people to do what they want on their own property as long as it affects no one else (smoking pot in the house, shooting off fireworks, etc). Not accept any gifts from people/lobbyists.

I kind of liked Sargon's thoughts on lobbyists, but I would take it a few steps further such as "officials found to be accepting gifts will turn it over to the government treasury, as well as an equal amount of their salary and an equal amount from the gift-giver", in hopes that it will dissuade both politicians and lobbyists from participating in quid pro quos and ensuring that the government serves the people.

There are others, but this post is already long enough.

Cathinones > cocaine

>They should ensure one language is spoken.
How in the actual fuck are they to accomplish that? Holy shit I thought the communists had lofty goals!

I disagree with the land tax. It should be more of a home ownership tax. Part of the reason why inner cities are shit is because people live in apartments where there may be 4 or so families with kids who go to public schools, but only the landlord pays the actual "property taxes", which can be siphoned off of the rent paid by the renters, but not necessarily.