Have I reminded you cunts to watch Gintama lately?

Have I reminded you cunts to watch Gintama lately?

now i know gintama is kinda underrated on Sup Forums but i think these threads are going to make Sup Forums hate gintama !

Making any thread about any show on Sup Forums makes half of Sup Forums hate said show

making the same thread everyday makes all of Sup Forums hate the show

I haven't been around in like a week. Was someone else carrying my torch?

Oh hey, a realist!

Really, I don't think threads can sway it one way or another anymore, half of Sup Forums already decided they're too cool for Gintama.

I watched ~130 episodes of this garbage and concluded that gintama and its fans all belong in reddit.

What's with the weird upscaled resolutions?

Where do I start watching it?

Have you considered episode 1?

But that's shit.

Why would you do something so terrible?

This was the funniest fucking scene. Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei Balmunk Fezarion Isaac Schneider San Bun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta San Bun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka... Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raa-yuu Yuuteimiyaouki Mukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe Bichiguso Maru.

Episode 3. Well, I've seen some sites list episodes 1 and 2 as prequels/pilot episodes

If you think episode 1 is shit, it's very unlikely that you'll enjoy Gintama. "It gets better in 20 episodes" is just a meme. Either you enjoy it or you don't.

The 3 episode guideline applies to be honest, but taking from episodes 3-6 rather than 1-3, as the writing in episodes 1-2 isn't as good as the rest of Gorilla's material.
If you want an insight as to a great episode, watch episode 25

But I watched 60 episodes and they were all hit-or-miss, while the one super-serious story arc was fucking terrible.

I honestly didn't enjoy Gintama at all until about 20 episodes or so in. The only thing that kept me watching at first was a thread I saw back when the Shogun Assassination arc was happening in the manga and people people were going nuts over it and I was determined to see what all the fuss was about out of curiosity.

I wasn't surprised when I heard people had similar experiences where it took a long time for the show to grow on them. It compounds in entertainment as it goes. When the characters start to feel familiar and the recurring gags and themes begin to settle in along with that slow trickle of character development along the way is when the show really starts to come into its own.

Just finished watching it. Last few seasons were so fucking good. I always enjoyed serious arcs more in Gintama than anything else and now we've got what? 3 consecutive serious arcs? And all of them had an actual impact on the world of Gintama and its characters. When I started watching Gintama few month ago I couldn't even dream about that. I know that it's impossible for a show like this but I wish they would continue doing it like that.
By the way it felt like they were trying to go onto a finish line with this arcs. I assume that's not actually it?

>as the writing in episodes 1-2 isn't as good as the rest of Gorilla's material.
1-2 isn't even written by Sorachi.

The next arc ready is the final one of the entire series. The end of Rakuyou was leading up to the final arc.
Gintama will never be replaced.

I've been catching up after not watching for ages, at the finale of the shogun assassination arc now. When's the love potion arc?

Before the Shogun Assassination arc. It's two OVAs.

Well shit. What am I supposed to search for?

Serious "alien" arcs were a mistake.

Well shit, the more you know I guess.

Some are good though.

I just finished the Night King arc. Not really a fan of the "serious" arcs, hope there only a few more to go through.

wtf I hate Gintama now

Wait when did he shitted his pants again?

stopped watching after season 3
am i missed something?