The other open spots, in production and 3DCG, pay a tiny bit more: 180,000 yen (about $1,650) per month

>The other open spots, in production and 3DCG, pay a tiny bit more: 180,000 yen (about $1,650) per month.
Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

khara.co.jp/recruiting/
buzzfeed.com/danmeth/this-american-is-one-of-the-only-non-japanese-working-in-ani?utm_term=.xqAapmxDX#.qv0w03r9n
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because...

>It doesnt require a degree
>It doesnt require job experience
>anyone can do it
>ergo its in high supply and low demand
>people do it for shit wage

>400 per month

I will never understand this. This is japan we're talking about, not a third world country. Living in japan is expensive, at least in the big cities where most anime studios are.

>40,000 yen per month
What the fuck? I made 3 times when I worked on a very light labor job for a month. Animators are so fucking underpaid. 40-50k yen is just worth a single week of work.

>$400 a month
Jeez, that's awful. I suppose that's industry average for beginners.

Anno is a fucking jew. Who would have thought?

NGE is a guaranteed profit and here he is, being a fucking turbojew. Even though he complains about low wages in the industry.

Anno is basically hitler.

>what is production committee
Even Ghilbi has problem with money

Because beginner animators produce little to no usable work and can't be trusted to handle entire cuts themselves. They are being paid to recieve training.

I've seen interns getting paid more

Yeah, but this is the anime industry we're talking about. They pay peanuts, especially to rookies.

NGE makes billions, and is privately owned by Anno. He's a fucking jew earning millions off the backs of japanese youth.

>b-but g-ghibli has money problems!

Ghibli does not have the massive merchandising backbone Khara or Gainax has. People don't stand in line for fucking Nausicaa fuckdolls, but every loser in Japan has one of Asuka.

Ghibli also is extremely productive compared to Gainax who doesn't do jack shit but rehashing Evangelion.

Odds are they'll be doing second key animation then?

40000 en a month?

Jesus.

^THIS

What the fuck

15y earn four times that much

Bullshit. They do the hard laborious work that is necessary to make everything work.

It's just excuse to fuck artists. Pretty common thing.

Fuck off Anno shills. The 400USD job is for artists, the ones which require training is a measly 1650 USD a month.

Which is fucking nothing. Anno is a greedy son of a bitch and always will be.

Would CG be less terrible if the animators got paid more?

It's true that newbie animators tend to lack the balance of speed and skill that's up to par for the professional environment. Still, that shouldn't be an excuse for the awful wages. It's pretty much unsustainable which is why many youngsters drop out of the industry after a while.

This

I dont think they even have unions or history of such. Thats the biggest problem, art has never been perceived as real labour by people or artists themselves.

Lack of history with unions or unions themselves results in this

inb4 Americans

$400 a month = $100 a week =$14~ a day = $2~ an hour (8 hour shift)

How generous, slaves usually get paid less than dollar a day, based japan.

>8 hour shift
Hahahahahahahahaahahhahahaha

Hideaki Anno is killing the industry. This is the biggest, most profitable anime project there is, where there is NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER to have wages this low.

This isn't a soulless corporation where everything is owned by stockholders who only care for profit, this is a privately owned company by Hideaki Anno, the very same manchild who is also the director of the films and de facto king of the hill.

This isn't corporate greed, this is the ugly soul of Hideaki Anno showing itself yet again. There were rumours and lots of comments about the original Evangelion, where animators and other workers claimed they had actually WORKED FOR FREE, and even after it's success, didn't get a single dime. It turns out these rumours are true after all.

Not really Japan, just Anno being a jew. He's using the popularity of Eva to bait new animators into working for him.

>8 hour shift
Try 12. And work on Saturdays and possibly Sundays.

I remember reading some article about how even Disney and Pixar trying to control artists wages so they can go to different studio because everything is same

>Ghibli does not have the massive merchandising backbone Khara or Gainax has
You must be joking.
There's a Ghibli store in every major train station.

Yes

Any person thats smart and capable does something else. Its like the army but the problem is multiplied, only dumbest suckers enlist

They pay that little because people are willing to work for that little.

Doesn't mean they worth the penny m8. Plus 400 per month is okay for exchange in actual experience with industry veterans if you can cover your own board,ticket and visa over there.

This reminds me of that sad cunt who cried wolf about shit pay over 9 month period for producing absolute shit animation for MistyChronxia's anime via Studio Izune.

Also it's capitalism, and if they dont want to work there. They can start up their own studio animating whatever.

>animating anime animation in your country which has a shitty ecosystem in 2017 lul.

You work there yourself?

You must be joking if you think a few shops on some train stations can even begin to compare to the extreme merchandising of Evangelion. That is what light looks like. It doesn't come close to the figurine market or anything like what Evangelion has.

>all the people bitching
those are standard fares for animators you fucks.
also this is entry level animators position

Do you really think you can live with 40k yen in Japan? You probably can, If you're living on 200 yen karaage.

khara.co.jp/recruiting/

The webpage says it's a $400 base pay, so they get paid extra per cut then.

Who cares? It's not like they're being forced into it.
It's their choice whether to apply for the job or not.

People tend to do these positions for the experience rather than the money, anyway.

>those are standard fares for animators you fucks.
200$ is standard

400 per month is not okay for what is a full job and time of your life, in a country that's extremely expensive to live in. This is literally gouging the job-market for all it's worth.

>b-but it's capitalism
Not a fucking excuse.

i dont see a problem with this if it is within japanese law

if you want more money, get a real skill, like building robots or something

Only if you're homeless and sleeping in McDonalds or whatever.

A sharehouse or dormitory will charge you 30k plus a share of the bills, every month.

There's a limited allowance paid for transport and during the three-month training period.

Ghibli makes more money than Eva/Gainax/Khara ever did.
It has more merch being sold and produced than Anno ever did. Period.

There are more people with Totoro plushies than there are of Asuka figurines.

Just look up what animators earn. I bet they do side jobs like prostitution.

>400 per month is not okay for what is a full job and time of your life
look fucker
buzzfeed.com/danmeth/this-american-is-one-of-the-only-non-japanese-working-in-ani?utm_term=.xqAapmxDX#.qv0w03r9n

>Its the job experience meme for a oversaturated field

Thats a viable thing to say if it was a field where there was lots of higher up positions but it isnt. Those guys will be stuck with shit pay for years and years

Stop sucking Anno's dick. Evangelion makes them shittons of money and there is no excuse.

>buzzfeed
Fuck off. Seriously, fuck off and never come back.

most animators do it sheer and pure out of passion tho. you wont do a heavy job for shitty pay unless you loved the shit out of it

read the fucking article you uncultured sub human cry baby

Maybe with these new animators they can finally redraw Rei so she doesn't look like an ugly man

No one forced them to major in animation and choose that line of work.
They knew the risks going into it.

>Henry Thurlow
Meh, he's not a very good animator to begin with. Dude was doing inbetweens for a long while for a reason.

That doesn't mean animators should keep quiet and getting screwed over.

Don't they have unions in Japan?

>1650 a month
$10/hr isn't phenomenal
>400 a month
That's not even minimum wage in the States. Does Japan not have a minimum wage, or is this contracting work?

>why is this allowed
Seems to me like animators trying to break into the industry are eager to please and screw themselves over as a result. $400/month is the kind of money I expect a shitty local band to make in gas money, not someone helping to produce a show that will air on a country's cable TV.

and Khara is asking for low tier animators for teh same job.

point is. this is beyond Anno being a Jew but industry overall underpay animators (while I think over pay directors)

3650$ is salary for animator in some small studio in my small town. In fuckin Russia.
>Japan

Thats not relevant to my post in anyway.

Those anons are just spewing shit

365$ I mean

of course not, you can't live with that pay solely, but if have enough. You can go there get trained by working with them and consider the experience as a working holiday.

>sakura house
35,000 yen per month x3 =1.2-1.4k aud
working visa is free for ausfag iirc
my passprt would cost 140 aud

whatever the pay is pocket change to help pay for food.

rolleyes.gif

contract work.

Hey,thats good for russian

Top kek.

40000 yen a month, you wot, I make 50% more than that without a actual job. Taking that job would make me so much poorer.

>I make 50% more than that without a actual job
How?

stocks

>mfw jobless student
>get three times that

Isn't that basically gambling?

Roughly 25000 yen for having no job and 35000 for another benefit.

The website says it's for inbetween animators, not key animators. It's still sucks for them though.

$1650/mo

That...is astronomically HIGH for animators in Japan. In fact what's raising my eyebrow is that this is TOO HIGH for them. They literally make dirt. Are you honestly telling me you think Japanese animators would make MORE? Japanese animators are basically considered the bottom rung of society and their pay reflects that. It's common knowledge they only get paid a few dollars for a full day's work.

newfags

The only people who agree with this idea wholesale are jews trying to screw people out of money, and industry rape victims insisting that, since they let themselves get screwed over, everyone else should get screwed over, too.

It's not that I don't totally agree with it to an extent--if you're a total novice and you've never taken any kind of training on your own, you probably suck. If you don't suck, people will notice your talent and probably want to hire you on for non-slave wages. So, at least the complete novices who have next to no talent are getting something for an opportunity to learn.

That being said, it's still an incredibly scummy practice, even if people happen to feel it's necessary. In the end, I suppose it's better than unpaid internships.

It's only gambling if you go in blind, any trader worth their salt takes calculated risks.

That's some medium quality bait.

Please teach me senpai.

Buy high, sell low.

animators, in a way, are not restricted to one company. unless stated by the company, a key animator can take a lot of work from different anime studios.

so the pay for now i guess is the monthly salary only working for Khara. so, animating fast or not, its a stable salary

This

Can someone post screencap of old Trigger recruit page?

You seem very dumb. I can guarantee your IQ is less than 100.

>isnt stock trading gambling?

Only until you've learned enough about it to figure out that you literally can't lose money on the stock market. The only way you can lose money is if you poorly invest in something with no future, or if some of your investments take a hit and you cut-n-run like an idiot instead of riding it out.

The only hard part about running stocks is doing your homework so you know what can get you a quick return, knowing when to sell before the inevitable drop, taking your 10 or 12 percent earning and reinvesting in the next quick return with more expensive commodities so you can get that artificial compound interest going.

Any books or course material you or others can recommend?

>inb4 /lit/ or /biz/
those guys are insufferable at times

>+ animator
But $400 is waiting for you!

>biz
Surprisingly, Iv yet to be burned by them by myself(not that user)

I'll make this short, since I've already wasted a post on non-Sup Forums related shit.

That's not really a thing outside of higher education. I learned from a guy who learned from a guy who learned from, I shit you not, r/finance. Use a service like Etrade. The most important thing is research--you have to learn the business economy. Start watching the stock market, start reading business and investment magizines (Forbes, Money, IBD, Barron's, etc.), start reading the business section of big newspapers. /biz/ isn't terrible actually, but it's like every other board--you've got to sift through the garbage to find the gold. Their advice on cryptocurrencies should be avoided like the plague for the most part, and anything that looks like a pyramid scheme is absolutely a pyramid scheme.

Hmm I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Whos this qt

Qt of the season. That's all the hint you get.

I honestly wouldn't mind being an animator, working 12h+ per day and weekends. I have no life or friends. But how on earth can anyone live off of 400 per month, when you probably won't have the time to take a second job either? If you're going to be a slave, it'd be nice to at least get fed.

Unions exist, but animators are omegabeta-tier otaku, and otaku are already nothing more but a bunch of weak-willed sniveling autistic slave-workers who can only show their bite anonymously on the internet, while taking it in the ass in real life.

So its like a field with woman majority

They can probably pay lower since the Japanese have lost the backbone needed to actually fight for better wages

Kinda, yeah. Many animators are women just happy to be forever animators.

Yeah, we don't need those chinese cartoons anyway

Work harder, not smarter.

Could just be a way for a rich kid who likes animating to get an easy visa as well.

where is the money supposed to come from?
raise bd prices even more?
i doubt most anime generate a huge profit.
Thats why Yuasa is playing it smart, doing contract stuff for Disney.

>have 1000$ per month with master degree and some years of work and research experience.

And i thought that i'm poor.

Sell more anime streaming licenses to China and America. That's how late-night otaku anime shit has managed to become profitable enough to compete with mainstream primetime-anime according to the Anime Business Report 2016.
Then again, there's talk the the Chinks aren't really willing to pay any price for most of that shit anymore, and the Crunchymation/Funiroll fusion has also put a heavy dent to the plans of the nip producers to profit from the silly competing Ameri-gaijins paying silly prices for silly cartoon shows from the land of the rising sun.

BD prices aren't high because they don't sell. They're high because nobody would buy them anyway even if they were cheaper.
BDs are for hardcore fans.

Hitler was sued once because he called himself a Painter.

Academic Painter was a protected profession once.