What exactly is going on with the Yuuki Yuuna franchise?

What exactly is going on with the Yuuki Yuuna franchise?

I kind of stopped following threads over a year ago, and now we are getting 3 movies and a new TV series? Is it really still that popular in Japan?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/2wvjCyrV
youtube.com/watch?v=htMccuwui6w
blogs.unimelb.edu.au/sciencecommunication/2012/08/28/standing-death/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope we get meme subs again.

Those movies are the first 6 episodes of S2.

If we're talking popularity, then Gokumi's cinema exclusive KinMoza movie took 1500 ticket sales on day 1 whereas the 2 WaSuYu movies took 5700 and 6300 on their 1st days despite the plot already being known and them being aired free to watch on TV a few months later. The franchise has a lot of staying power.

quality lyrics right here

>Is it really still that popular in Japan?
Yes.

Also, if you had truly stopped a single year ago, you would know more than you imply.

walmart madoka is still as unpopular as it was back in the day, just because the studio pumps movies and seasons doesnt mean it is actually popular. See also: prism illya

Popularity doesn't matter for Prism Illya getting continuations because it's part of Fate.

It sold well though, not that a newfag like you would know.

And you one of those retards who think disc sales are the most important?

Illya gets anime because merchandise sells crazy good.

I really love the designs in this. Action is also great and story is interesting.

But for some reason it just isn't sucking me in like some other similar series. I guess it's because they are fighting CGI monsters.

They also got free money from that one town in Shikoku where the show supposedly took place.

I wonder if a bridge is going to collapse and kill a bunch of people because they spent their road budget on Dingo Pictures Madoka.

i like this attitude. keep it up, maybee you can have a new season before the 25th anniversary

The money was only sent to local tourism initiative, and that is because the fans were already spending a lot of money there. Hell, the fans even did community work there for free. Had you'd been at the local beach on that day they'd even give you a free pick-up ride, along with all the other trash.

I never kept up with the threads because it took fucking forever for anyone to realize they needed a pastebin to compile all the shit that needed to get translated and everything.

Do we have anything comprehensive yet so I can go through the rest of this series?

pastebin.com/2wvjCyrV

If you watch the anime already then just need to read Wasuyu, Sonoko After and Nowayu.

Kinda lame but the prequel Nowayu light novel is the best of the bunch in term of content and delivery.

What exactly is lame about it?

Doubtful; Shaftiplex only cares about monogarbage these days.

I love Wasshi's body.

Thank you very much. I loved the anime when it aired, but multimedia projects like this are always a pain to follow. I'll start reading through that.

Nowayu is over right? Did it end with full throttle suffering?

That the light novel which comes out last was the best of them all. Shame because I can't see many reading it unless they are really into the franchise.

Yes. I'd say the last two chapters and the extra chapter are kinda lame (not bad, but not as great as the rest of the novel is), but they are full of suffering.

Eh, the plot of kinmoza movie was also known for the manga readers.

They did. There's a lot of it for pic related.

Gin will now never be Sonoko's dependable right hand man.

So they all died or it's anime like ending?

I don't want to spoil you but the ending isn't like in anime. Once things go bad they stay bad.

>Shit something seems wrong
>EVERYTHING GOES WRONG
>Heroine punch everything to daijoubu again

Nowayu
>Shit something seems wrong.
>EVERYTHING IS FIRE.
>Everything stays as fire.

Would Wasuyu, Sonoko After, and then Nowayu be the correct order to go through after completing the anime?

Second Hero Diary after Sonoko After and before NoWaYu.

I would add Second Hero Diary before NoWaYu because it sorta leads into it, but yes.

You also have to read The Second Hero Diary before NoWaYu as it leads into that.

Wasuyu -> sonoko after - > 2nd hero diary -> nowayu ch 1-9/10 -> shiratori utano -> nowayu 11 - end + extra

Thanks, senpai

Let's just say that there is more suffering in NoWaYu alone than in YuYuYu and WaSuYu combined.

is there a ebook version of NoWaYu yet?

Who is her?

The best hero,

Koori Chikage, AKA C-Shadow, sometimes called Gun-chan
She is a hero

A sweet girl who is a real hero.

hehehehehhehe

There is a chart, but it isn't very easy to follow because it starts at the bottom. I tried making one myself, but I suck at this.

This is much nicer than the other chart, good job user.

Looks good and simple enough, just get rid of transparent background.

Mega for Sonoko After is dead.

>Fuu x Karin x another Karin
That's some next level shipping machine

So I only watched the first Anime Season. Can I just watch the Movies or do I have to read up on something. I heard that it's not about the old cast anymore.

Movies.

The movies are an adaptation of the LN that you would read after the first anime season anyway, so yes you can just watch it and then decide if you want to read the rest.

If everything is fine the second movie should get subs tomorrow, get ready for a wild ride.

Ok ignore that stupid post

Literally explains everything.

>Don't read if depressed
You are scaring me user.
It can't possibly be that bad, right?

Not him, but it's right. If you're depressed or bad stuff is happening in your life you should leave it for a while.

There will be a point in which you will be like "I guess Gin's fight wasn't so bad." And that is merely the beginning of the ride.

Nah user, it is very fun, lots of action and cute girls. It even has a Yuuna!

And she gets to have an awesome fight just like Gin's!

Takashima punched things and it was all good again

Not really though. It was a few magnitudes worse than the other stories. one of the uncensored hero diaries had me feeling like shit for days. if you read them you know the one

What episode is that from?

>pic related
Source? I've tried searching, but it's no use.

It's just cute SOL. You have no idea, user.

I don't think I would have made it through without the cute C-Shadow jokes.

Short Movie 2

Vividred

It's fun SoL, don't worry about it.

Why would you think that?

>C-Shadow
Deja vu. I have seen that name before somewhere.

NO BULLYING

Where are the uncensored ones again? I somehow completely forgot about it and can't find them in the pastebin.

Dropped the franchise entirely when the cripple girls stopped appearing.

Ch1
>I can see an unstable side to Chikage, but... (Wakaba)
Ch2
>...and being at the school with just the six of us was kinda boring...
>With things as they are, I'm kinda worried about Chikage. (Tama)
Ch3
>But this technique sacrificed our very own bodies. (Anzu)
Ch4
>I want to try Shuten-Douji sometime (Yuuna)
Ch5, this will require a full rewrite.
>Tama likes Anzu.
>Anzu likes Tama back.
>Why don't we go out?
>That joke aside, why didn't these guys take the udon? Their silhouettes looked human, after all!
>Judging by how unyielding they were and how they were unwilling to accept udon, there's only one answer... that Tama can think of.
>They cannot have been human in the first place!
>That's impossible! (Tama)
Ch6
>The fact that from now on, there was a possibility for specific books to be disposed of. (Anzu)
Ch7
>Did all those continuous victories lead me to being conceited?
>...that in the first place, the reason the world has fallen into this state was humanity's impudence... (Wakaba)
Ch8
>For example, there seem to be high hopes for Hokkaido... (talking about survivors) (Yuuna)
Ch9
>But wasn't the reason the small fries came out in the first place because of some god other than Shinju-sama? (Tama)

Ch10
>It has been decided that our route will avoid the Kii Peninsula (Anzu)
Ch11
>All of them died miserably.
>I...We don't want to turn to this.
>As if I'd ever. I will live. (Chikage)
Ch12
>...but every day, when I see the stream of false information... (Anzu)
Ch13
>...trump cards could possibly cause the build-up of miasma in heroes' bodies... (Anzu)
Ch14
>Why must we be blamed by the people we're supposed to protect while we're already doing the best we possibly can?
>If the intention for the Vertex invasion was to pass judgement on humanity, I think I'm starting to understand the reason a little. (Chikage)
Ch15
The last Chikage diary
I am hero, Koori Chikage.[/spoiiler]
In kanji that is 郡, not 群.
People always mixed it up.
My blood Type is A.
Favorite food is Udon.[/spoielr]
I like skipjack tuna too.
Good at gaming, for example gun shooting.
Hope I can be remembered by someone, anyone would do.
I am hero, Koori Chikage.[/spoiiler]
Heroes Diary 2019.05[/spoielr]
written by Koori Chikage
Ch16
>The power I received that day at the shrine was a curse to the ones that loomed upon us. (Yuuna)
Ch17
>There was a hero named Koori Chikage, and I will never forget that (Wakaba)
Ch18
>But some gods who were exiled from Heaven are also amongst them as well. (Yuuna)
Ch19
>We have not yielded our country.
>This is nothing more but a ceasefire.
>We will take back our land.
>And then we'll revive it.

>No matter how many generations it takes. (Wakaba, first year of Divine Era)

Why is Yuna so killable?
youtube.com/watch?v=htMccuwui6w

>when the cripple girls stopped appearing
I think a lot of anons would prefer that now.

>lets turn the mentally unstable, bullied girl with a dysfunctional family into a hero
What did Shinju mean by this?

Nothing. It seems that the Nowayus were chosen by the gods linked to their weapons, not by anyone of the Shinju collective.

Thanks, user. If they ever get to adapting NoWaYu into an anime with the quality of the current movies then i'm sure i'll just be a complete wreck at the end of it.

Although how did you fuck up the spoilers that badly

Well nobody's gonna find this thread.

In any case, subs when?

Tomorrow

do not read if you haven't seen the movies
Talk about a violent whiplash after the first 30 min if SOL confiness. Kinda wished i stayed away from spoiler ridden WaSuYu threads for "maximum" feel effect. Also, why is Gin standing ded...? Is it even physically possible? And looks like the right arm was blown off (yeeesh). Not sure if she was being riddled with projectiles or lasers but the thickness of those objects should have already split her apart when hit in abdomen.

>blogs.unimelb.edu.au/sciencecommunication/2012/08/28/standing-death/

>Refering to Benkei's death

>Of course, it is just a legend. However according to scientists, it can be possible. When a human dies, rigor mortis occurs, in which chemical changes in the muscles cause the body of the corpse to become stiff and difficult to move. In humans, it usually takes about 3 to 4 hours to start, reaches maximum stiffness after 7 to 12 hours, and gradually dissipates until approximately 48 to 60 hours after death. However when a person died during or right after intense exercise, it is not the case. Rigor mortis is caused by depletion of oxygen used in the making of ATP. During intense exercise, for example fighting with hundreds of samurais, a body is already in depletion of oxygen and ATP; therefore rigor mortis commences after much shorter time. In addition, deep wound and/or arrows stuck in a body can also make muscle stiff hence preventing a dead body to bend.

Search about Benkei

we've finished the script, it's being typeset now- should be ready soon

and by soon I mean, within the next day or so probably

>prequel set 300 yrs before YYY

Was earth still round?

Didn't even the Kinmoza movie outsell Kizu?

The year 300 of the Divine Era (YuYuYu) is year 2318 AD.

>WaSuYu
>recently adapted into an anime
You meant an anime movie, right?

user i know it's sad but good god i've never seen someone mess up spoiler tags that bad before in my life

It will be both in fall season.

No. This "movies" are just a special early screening of the first 6 episode of S2. S2 will properly air on Fall of this year and episode 7-12 will be the proper sequel.

Oh, shit, son, alright.

I don't get it so YuYuYu is just the end of the timeline or are they going to continue with them at some point? All I see is prequel after prequel.

Don't you have some meduca DVDs and Shinobu figurines to sell on 2ch?

Right from the very first chapter, the vertex invasion happened on july 30th 2015, NoWaYu takes place 3 years after that

>Washio got a happy ending
>Sonoko got healed

but nothing will bring Gin back ;_;

The next LN and S2 of YuYuYu will be sequels.

See . Episodes 7-12 of S2 are a proper sequel. They also already anounced a new LN series named "Kusunoki Mebuki wa Yuusha de aru" that will probably take place at some point after S1 and probably before S2.

Don't worry. She's not alone.