Would you drink her spit sake user?

Would you drink her spit sake user?

Other urls found in this thread:

funimation.com/blog/2016/07/03/funimation-licences-makoto-shinkais-newest-film-your-name-kimi-no-na-wa/).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchikamizake
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's for Taki, not I...

2lood

you wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
you wanna be where everybody knows
your name.

>normie anime of the century
>>>/reddit/

nah it was a good movie

Overrated shit thread?

you're doing it wrong

Sure, nothing takes the edge off a hard day like a tall cool glass of virgin spit and rice.

No, it was a mediocre teenage love story. The visuals and were its only saving grace

>Mitsuha

You bet.

Kanpai!

Me?

I would do it for her saké.

I thought she was Miuna from the thumbnail.

Looks like reddit is here and trying to hard to fit in.

Protip: Normalfags, surfing Know your meme for 20 minutes does not make you an aficionado on Sup Forums culture.

just ignore the them

You know, I just took a quick peek at the MAL forums a couple hours ago, and my god, I mean, it's fine to criticize, but some of those people really come across like they're out on their way to hate on this movie. It's like the IMDB boards (RIP) in there, where people take personal offense at a movie they don't love getting rated high.

Meanwhile, for the past 10 days, discussions of this movie here have actually been pretty chill. Considering how popular and high-rated this has been, I expected more of a backlash here, but it's never been much more than random drive-by posts like the few ITT.

You guys are alright.

If Taki likes older women, do you think he had a crush on Yukino-sensei?

Isn't it ranked #1 on there though?

>I just took a quick peek at the MAL forums a couple hours ago

There's your problem user, MAL forums are a cesspool

Mitsuha stayed a virgin for Taki? That's waifu material just there.

she really is.

>coming here because MAL isn't your personal hugbox
Just fuck off back there, please.

I was just talking about the forums specifically. That ranking is probably part of what attracts the shitposters like flies.

True.

>crushing on another MCs waifu

Reminder that Sayaka is by far the best girl.

You mean Yotsuha.

You mean Futsuha.

nah it was a good movie

>actively helping yourself get NTRd
Sasuga Mistuha

Mitsuha cutting her hair dropped this move from a 10/10 to a 3/10

Your shit taste is showing, user.

You mean the unborn Itsuha.

Should've ended with an implication that Taki got together with the waitress, and an implication that most of the people in the village survived the meteor strike, although it's left up to the imagination whether or not the girl survived.

It was still pretty good, but nothing like I'd seen it talked up to me. I was expecting the point to be that Tenma had to turn towards becoming a monster himself in order to stop a monster, but in the end he never really did anything that was even remotely questionable. Lunge was the best character aside from Johan himself.

Everyone loves Mitsuha!

So when exactly is it going to stop showing in theaters?

>Should've ended with an implication that Taki got together with the waitress,

But they already made the point that Taki and the waitress didn't love one another after Taki met Mitsuha. Him getting together with her wouldn't feel right

Probably this Thursday, unless something happens

AMC stops tomorrow....

Naturally they should've removed or eased up on that point for this ending to work. But I think it would've been a nice scene, a 20-ish something Taki walking through the streets, thinking about how he's always searching for something etc, then meeting up with the waitress, they embrace and a wedding ring is shown on her hand. It would be very non-pretentious for an anime, and show that even though your "destiny" didn't come through you still need to do the best with your life, and that you can still find love even if it's not with the person you thought was the chosen one in your teens.

>Okudera mentions being happy
>Taki instinctively looks at his hand where Mitsuha tried to write her name

Taki deserved his happy ending damnit

What if Itsuha is a boy?

I think that would ruin Musubi from the Japanese point of view. Probably wouldn't have done as well.

And they wouldn't have been able to use Nandemonaiya at the ending because it mirrors his thoughts in the LN during the waiting period もうすこしだけ.

Has any character deserved a happy ending as hard as Taki?

>Spends days redrawing town from memory
>trys to go on a ride by himself into the boonies just asking people if the place looks similar
>finds out town was destroyed 3 years ago and they're all dead
>climbs up a mountain by himself to drink sake for the smallest chance it might do something
>convinces mitsuha friends to blow up power stations and broadcast false alarm to save towns people without any evidence
>goes back up mountain for slimmest chance to see mitsuha
>writes I love you instead of his name
>forgets everything but still feels like hes missing something even 5 years later

He's the unsung hero of the story's journey. He does things that he would have normally never done as a city boy if it wasn't for the love and care that he received from Mitsuha. He'll never remember those actions but he will know that he wanted someone precious to him to be safe, and he went on living his life for 5 years without knowing the answer.

Alpha as fuck. I love it.

I have no doubt it wouldn't have done as well. It would be pretty bleak and bittersweet at best. Still I'm a bit tired of all the movies where love is something you can only feel towards one specific person, and if you don't end up with them you might as well kill yourself. It's fatalism. In life your often stuck with the second choice, and in the end that may turn out for the best.

You should watch Shinkai's other films if you want bleak and bittersweet.

>only made $3,000,000 in the US

Fucking sad. Funimation is pure cancer and should be hanged for shitting on the potential this film had. The jews at Disney would at least have tried to push $50,000,000 mil out of this movie in america.

Meanwhile, Jew in the Shell is still going.

>and show that even though your "destiny" didn't come through you still need to do the best with your life
I don't think Shinkai wanted to rehash 5 Wallpapers Per Second so completely.

in 310 theaters
They made their money

Impossible, the Miyamizu numerical line of women must continue.

Journey to Agartha was underwhelming but I've heard good things about his more "real" movies. Will check them out. I feel like Your name had a lot of potential, but went on for like 10 minutes too much. I'm also no big fan of timeline fuckery.

I think you might really enjoy 5cm/s from what you've said in this thread.

At least they tried to market Ghost in the Shell... I think.

Plus, it cost about a hundred times what Kimi no Na wa did, and I wouldn't be surprised if in the end it made barely more than half its gross.

It's finally out in HD with English translation?

No, blurays aren't out yet.

So is part of some PV or was this shit finally leaked?

It leaked, but the quality is only just above DVD level

The thing is Shinkai's other films are all that already so why keep repeating the same theme?

I'm sure Disney's suits would have loved to get their grubby hands on this (and me too), but Funimation acquired the license about a month before the movie came out in Japan (source: funimation.com/blog/2016/07/03/funimation-licences-makoto-shinkais-newest-film-your-name-kimi-no-na-wa/). At that point, nobody thought it would end up as big as it did. If they did, bigger players like Disney definitely would have come into the picture.

Would Disney attempt to sanitize the fondling though? Remember, violence is alright, anything remotely sexual gets scorched.

Either way, Funimation is shit, it's a shame they're the only major distributed besides that shit version of ADV to survive the crash.

That's for alien gods, not faggots.

Chances are they would've shoved it under one of their subsidiaries. The movie still gets the marketing power, and Disney doesn't get directly associated with the film.

That's garbage only the west loves because they're a bunch of cucks.

What else do you want? That Mitsuha became a cumdump and Taki a tranny?

>feminine powers can charm girls into liking you
>but being masculine (in the courageous sense) when the time calls for it is important too

Such a dilemma.

>you could be a lesbian harem lord if only you had boobs

That girl giving a love letter to Mitsuha because of Taki made me smile.

Did Taki know the sake was made of spit when he was placing it/drinking it.

How much would you spend on spit sake?

no

Depends.
Does it come with a picture of the qt that made it?

I think you're having a seizure

She hand delivers it to your door.

Do we get to go on a date too? Like enkou, but with a souvenir?

He didn't seem to know what it was when Grandma mentioned it, so maybe not?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchikamizake
Apparently the practise of making sake out of virgin spit more or less ended in the 30s, so I'm guessing he had no idea. Probably wasn't even something that would ever occur to him.

Pretty amazing that Shinkai decided to bring this one particular tradition back to relevance while tying it extremely well to the plot.

nigga its probably just his fetish

It is, but at least it actually fits into the resolution of the plot with help from the underworld part.

You'd have to force me not to.

I like how Shinkai's cake fetish shows up in this and in Garden of Words

I want to see more Mitsuha (Taki)!

Anyone know of shows or manga that referenced Kimi no Na wa yet?

She didn't realize she was NTRing herself at the time. She helped set up her friend with a crush on a date she wanted to go on herself as well and only realized after it was set up that she was jealous.

Holy shit when you list it like that it sounds badass.

But yeah Taki straight up dove into the underworld for her. That's some Orpheus shit

just noticed that Taki doesn't know how to wear a kimono (hence why hes wearing his school uniform in that scene)

there's so many tiny details in this film i keep on noticing.

i was going to watch the movie again tonight but it seems like i won't make it

should I buy a ticket anyway to show support for glorious nippon animation so we can get more movies?

You could have buy the official visual guide as a way to support while having something to keep. Costs roughly a little more than a single ticket.

could always buy*

whats in the guide.

Are there any anime similar to this? I need to fill the gaping void it left in my heart

I've already seen 5cm per second

>$20
that's actually more than double what I paid for a ticket but i'll get it anyway

ohh shiiieettt i also see a lot more shit on cdjapan. thanks user

Body swapping and death? Kokoro Connect

Character sheets, landscape shots, interviews with Shinkai and RADWIMPS, etc...

nothing,

I just watch the movie again...

but after Friday I won't know what to do....