I like megumin and she's easily the most popular girl but that shit has ruined konosuba...

I like megumin and she's easily the most popular girl but that shit has ruined konosuba. It's fine in thr anime but in volumes 9-11 she takes center stage all the fucking time. The romance was always comedic but in the newer volumes it's taken seriously and it really bogs down the story.

I dunno what the author is thinking completely changing the dynamic and tone of the story in favor of a generic harem type series when that wasn't the reason we fell in love with the series.

Normalfags like megumeme. So he's pandering to them now.

She was always popular since the first volume and that didn't affect the susbequent voluems that much. The latest batch of volumes have suffered for some reason

>volumes 9-11
>megumin takes center stage all the fucking time

E X P L O S I O N

>Not liking Megumeme
Let me guess. You don't like Michael Bay.

Isn't Aqua the ultimate normalfag bait?
I think all three of the main girls would be really popular with normies, actually. Megumin is comic relief, Darkness has tits, Aqua is the brainless beauty.

Her presence with Kazuma really does make it a chore in the recent volumes. Too much of a good thing and poor writing. Maybe the author just ran out of steam and just went with the most popular girl to do generic romance.

I like yunyun more...

It honestly reeks of editorial input.
The novels along with the anime took off massively, and so her editor starts believing he knows best, and insists on more romance to appeal to the shipping audience.

I like Aqua because she's easily the funniest. Watching her get shat on doesn't get old.

Darkness gets old

Does it really get that bad?
Are the megu spinoff novels better?

Since Kazuma doesn't exist for her to pine for it keeps its comedy intact. Lots of yunyun bullying and chuunis.

The author is a sellout.
-news at 11

>Isn't Aqua the ultimate normalfag bait?
She is a troll bait at least

see Like most other succesful titles, multiple executive and editors start fucking around with it, because they assume they automatically know what people want.

Yeah man, fuck editors, they are probably the reason why majority of the works with an interesting premise turn into generic shit after few volumes

>complaining about volume 11 when it's not out yet
Just kill yourself my anime only man. I'm not even going to scroll down to respond to the ``sellout'' comment either.

There is any proof of that?

>People is talking about the LN
>hurr anime only fags, I don't want to reply you because I can't stand facts.
Every fucking time

It's a stereotypical thing that tends to be disgustingly true. I believe a popular one was an editor trying to force Toriyama to ship Bulma with Goku, so to spite him, he had Chichi come back out of nowhere and suddenly marry Goku to sink the editor's ship completely. If you read manga or LNs about writers, it tends to show up a lot.

>editor starts believing he knows best, and insists on more romance to appeal to the shipping audience.
They aren't wrong though.
If people were a little smarter, they'd stop buying a story when it turns into shit, so editors could realise how wrong they are. Instead, we have a Japan full of betas and people witout taste who keep buying garbage as their waifus appears on them.
Capitalism ho!

>If people were a little smarter, they'd stop buying a story when it turns into shit, so editors could realise how wrong they are.
This does happen. When this occurs, the writer gets axed, you idiot.

Post vol 11 predictions

>Komekko becomes the master of Vanir

>Komekko becomes the master of Hoost

Doesn't this have like 7+ girls? Has the author really ignored everyone else? I thought she has a spinoff or something for that.
Isn't there some characters not in the anime yet who were close to her in a popularity poll?

>Komekko becomes the master of dicks

Yes, no, not even close.

Please don't project your lewd desires for penises onto Komekko.

Megumin's really popular. The author had to get tips on romance from her editor and the artist to write some of it, lacking in romance herself.

Everyone knows Yunyun a best.

I wanna fuck Yunyun until I bakiretsu inside her fire cunny

>Isn't Aqua the ultimate normalfag bait
Normalfags hate her because she's the most obviously "flawed" character and has an abrasive relationship with the MC

You're a man of good taste I see.

>Toriyama btfo a shipfag
Whoa I love Toriyama now

I'm not sure if you're genuine or memeing me, but if I remember correctly, he wrote in an Author's Notes page that he hated shipping and felt romance didn't really have a place in Dragonball.

>project
>implying komekko won't be a true semen demon lord.

If there is one thing I've learned about this series, read the novels and find out for yourself how things are. The doom and gloom vibe is usually exasperated.

Did you forget how Darkness got top billing from volumes 6 to 8? Ever since the series finished introducing all the characters in the typical one-volume-per-girl, it's been focusing on developing them in multi-volume arcs: Darkness in particular grew an actual character through her arc, and from the looks of things Megumin's arc intends to focus on how utterly awful she is at relationships.

Like, I would definitely agree that Megumin has has a lot of focus, but that's mostly because of her spinoffs. And yeah, her first spinoff sucked (it was literally about how awful things were without the rest of the cast), but the second one has been much better because it's basically been an excuse to give the side characters some love.

Meanwhile, in what world would you consider Kazuma and Megumin's "relationship" serious? She has been constantly baiting him, and it blew up in her face when even after she finally worked up the guts to take a step forwards the relationship went nowhere because /Kazuma refused to believe she wasn't just screwing with him again/.

For the relationship to work out at all she's going to have to fucking growing up, and that's pretty unlikely to happen. I honestly see Yunyun as more likely to win, especially since it would be the ultimate fulfillment of that character.

If the author is stupid enough to leave his/her work sink like that, he deserved to be axed.

>I honestly see Yunyun as more likely to win
Good joke there

>The romance was always comedic but in the newer volumes it's taken seriously and it really bogs down the story.

>Hey Kazuma, wanna go to the festival together?
>Oh, I'm bringing Yunyun too btw.

>Hey Kazuma, I've got something important to tell you tonight.
>But not TONIGHT tonight.
>Not tomorrow night either.
>Or the day after that.
>Gimme a couple weeks to get back to you, okay?

>SHIT IRIS IS STEALING MY ARCHETYPE WHAT DO I DO

>seriously

okay

Not, I am serious. I also think a manga, anime or LN doesn't need shipshit or love crap to be good. Konosuba might have been great, it had the story, the characters, the world, everything but sadly we got a bunch of generic bullshit since Vol 8. so is finished for me.

Truly there is no accounting for taste.

I'm sure Kadokawa is appalled you won't be buying the novels anymore

Is always a shame when a nice story turns to shit.

If you find generic romantic stories somehow appealing, you're the last of us to talk about taste, my friend.

EXPLOSION!

You forgot the part were the green text is like the 50% of the novel and the rest is filled with bad "comedy" and reused jokes.

How to fix Konosuba:
Step 1. Make Aqua great again.

>ip counter staysat 23
Not even quads can redeem you, dude. No more anime for you, move on.

>you're only allowed to post once!

>quads
You have to go back.

Good work whipping out your phone. You can say whatever you want, it won't make it less pathetic. Man up and accept your impopular waifu is going to remain that way, and fuck off already.

goddess of plumbing,
a portable water fountain,
is she safe to drink from?

How do you make her any greater than she already is?

You really need to seek for help, user.

Every body knows that Megumin will win the Kazumabowl, and with that the autor can play with "fuck up everything" and still following the dynamic comedy style whith a Megumin being jealously about every girl near Kazuma and attempt to cast them her EXPLOOOOOSHION!

Just, dont follow the romance path in the generic way slowly. Make the Trashuma and the loli crisom demon a couple, the serious/comedic issues will happen eventually from that point.

So...

>11
Is it out already?

Of course not

This tbqh. The LNs are fine.

Aqua is already great you heathen.

>great
>She is literally a background character now.

Red the novels.

It's actually fine as long as Kazuma realized Aqua is better in the end.

So does Aqua get shafted in the later volumes due to the high focus on the other girls' relationships with Kazuma, or does she still get good screentime?

>Good work whipping out your phone.

Ha, I actually whipped out my dick and am posting with that, not my phone.

It'd be fully within the set up of the series for Aqua to deliberately break up and ruin kazuma and megumin's relationship just because he's supposed to be her no. 1 follower.

She doesn't even want excalibur, she's just too much of a bitch to let Kazuma ever get too close to anyone other than her, and instead of getting close to him herself, she'd much prefer to just fuck up his relatinoships with other people.

>takes all day to purify a lake
>dips her foot in springs
>they get perma-cleansed

This is bullshit

Still getting decent screentime, her banter can't be topped

Praise Aqua! Only she can provide Final Solution of the Crimson Demon Question.

You're memeing too much user. Aqua doesn't give a shit about Kazuma or the other girls. The only thing she wants is boze and go back to the heaven.

explosion

Wait, what? Megumin was inexistant in volume 10, and volume 11 isn't even out yet. Why do you insist on spreading these lies when you haven't even read the novels?

So I'm reading Volume 6, nothing seems to be going right for Kazuma.

Shilling. I don't know what these guys get out of it, but that's exactly what they're doing.

It's fine. He'll be /ourguy/ for the last time so enjoy it.

Yeah, the later chapters treated him better. I guess that was the point, to ensure we knew he was still competent after he kept getting mocked.

He was far more than competent. I really want to see Vol 6. Animated.

>complaining about isekai

The more popular a show is, the more it will pander towards the largest audience watching it, which unless you are braindead, almost never includes you.

and to be praised for her divinity

I want to protect that smile!

Vol 6 is his low point, at least in the eyes of the general public. The whole part with making Kazuma leave the victory party in tears was really sad.

Are you me?

Yeah, but It makes the come back even better
also
Is really needed to add spoilers? I am pretty sure 90% of Konosubafags have reading the LN

Yes. Just like you, he's read a volume that hasn't been released yet, and a secret version of volume 10 that heavily featured Megumin. He is now convinced that Megumin is ruining the novels by having too much screentime thanks to these two books that don't exist.

>90%
I wouldn't bet on that, reading is hard after all.

Well, you can never be too sure. OP clearly hasn't, for example.

>OP is me from the future
Suddenly it all makes sense.

His dad works at Kadokawa. No one can argue his words.

>vol 10
>megumin in center stage
Yeah, she gets center stage in being BTFO, enjoy the crackers.

Maybe he means Vol 8 and 9. who are strongly focused on Megumin

Well, since every thread is filled with spoiler I think keep this is pointless.

The OP clearly says volumes 9-11. I'm 100% sure he hasn't read the novels, or at least those volumes.

well, he can't have read volume 11 since it's not out yet and volume 10 is completely focused on Iris, so you're probably right.

Troll or not he still have a point there.
My goddess isn't the main focus and this hurt my soul

well, to be honest, he is complaining about too much megumin and chapter 11 will most likely take place in the crimson demon village.

And this is why Aqua > Megumin

>volume 10 is completely focused on Iris
Now who is exaggerating?

Not outside of your circlejerk.

are you trying to say that Megumin got a lot of screentime in vol 10?

>something that has been proven wrong is the reason why Aqua > Megumin
Really makes you think...

Every fucking time