On the scale of 0 to second coming, how much you hyped about Violet Evergarden, the best anime of our generation?

On the scale of 0 to second coming, how much you hyped about Violet Evergarden, the best anime of our generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

mimidoshima.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/nier-automata-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

could she be any more of a saber clone?

She could be saber herself.

She could be an actual saber clone, like saber red, purple or lion

I like KyoAni but their weakest shows have generally been LN adaptions. Hibike was good but a bit melodramatic and plodding in parts, Chuunibyou and Amaburi were decent comedies if not too special, but Kyoukai no Kanata and Musaigen no Phantom World sucked. Maidragon felt much more in the vein of their past manga adaptions and I loved it, but I'm somewhat skeptical of how VEG will end up.

Did they hire Takeuchi for the charcter design?
Hype 5/10, I don't believe in Kyoani anymore.

Hibike was a novel.

Of course it was. Real novels >>>> LNcrap.

I'm putting it on potential Hyouka tier.

It looks awesome sounds okay but that PV was fucking oooooooooooo.

>KyoAnusfags constantly shitposting

Zero hype, I won't make any judgement till I've seen the first couple of episodes.

Uh, she doesn't fucking fight anyone?

She's an ex-soldier actually.

oh my god I can't wait for this!! Kyoto ani hasnt failed me yet and them latest releases are so interesting and so good hi quality!!!

I don't think I've seen a single VEG thread in months that wasn't blatantly reverse-trolling.

Animation wise and regarding the setting?
2nd coming. In general? So so.
I really hope it's great, but Kyoani tends to be naive or cheesy as fuck or kinda silly for much of the time so I'll just wait and see. Did anyone read the LNs? How good are they?

mimidoshima.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/nier-automata-review/

She's swinging around a big 'ol battleaxe in the trailer.

Little Witch Academia thread
>>Fucking Trigger shills get off Sup Forums REEEEEEE

Monogatari/3gatsu thread
>>Fucking Aniplex shills get off Sup Forums REEEEEEEE

3rd Kinoani circlejerk/Evergarden "arthouse" post of the day
>>I-it's not shilling when we do it gaiz!

I think it'll be the usual modern Kyoani, which looks really good but has tacky story and characters. This one seems to be going for the Hyouka / Hibike style of realism though, which isn't my favourite - I miss the cartoonier K-On! character designs.

I like how androids got more popular recently.

Not hyped but I'll probably like it since sexdoll is my fetish.

I miss the Haruhi style.

Is the 2nd coming hyped?

ok, Saber clone checked
Emiya??? clone checked?
Old men for money? fcking checked!
Wormslut checked (She even wears a robe similar to HF for cucks sake!!)

So, Kyonani finally hop on the shills train?

9001/10

Did Fate won any serious literature award? Because VEG did. So please don't mess it with your nukige even if some designs can look similar.

>serious literature
>it's a fucking light novel

I actually look forward to this show but holy shit shut the fuck up.

KyoAni threads are fucking cursed

It's a novel, like Hibike. Something this good can't be a LN.

LN doesn't imply quality, it's about the size of the book in wordcount and the pricing

Baccamon and Katanagatari were LNs too

If this doesn't sell more than Kemono Friends i'm going to livestream my suicide. Screencap this.

I mean it has got to sell well right

It probably has too much plot for otaku

When is this airing anyway?

Who cares. It will be smart anime for thinking people, like Hyouka, and will be loved by Sup Forums.

Probably Fall.

LN are made for a younger demographic as well.

I expect it to be at least as good as Hibike because KyoAni must have had some decently high standards if they didn't give out a grand prize at all for years, before they finally decided VEG is worthy of it. And since KyoAni staff also handpicked the Hibike novels themselves, we can kinda imagine what kind of material they consider appropriate.