One Piece

Ch. 863 Consummate Chivalry

3 and a half ours before invasion, Luffy proposed a
Present time
The wedding cake collapses due to the bunch of Luffy's erupting from it.
An enrage Big Mom demands that the cooks bring out a new cake.
When the cooks refuse asking her not to ask such impossible demands, she releases her powers.
She chants "Life or Wedding Cake" and takes their lifespan from their bodies.
Her power "Soul Vocals" is addressed to a person's attachments, and if they show even a little fear of death,

Luffy aims for the picture stand, but Katakuri reads the future,extends his leg, and sends Luffy flying with a kick. He is covered by Katakuri's foot and becomes immobilized.
Katakuri interrogates Luffy to where he heard about the importance of the picture.
Jinbe rushes in and "Black Tea Current One-armed Shoulder Throw" and soaks Katakuri's feet with tea. Katakuri's feet muddily dissolves and Luffy escapes his grasp.
According to Jinbe, Katakuri has the Logia "Mochi Mochi no Mi", and it's possible to escape if he becomes wet but it's better not to be careless.

Jinbe protects Bege by stating that he was the one who told Luffy about the picture. Luffy is ecstatic as Jinbe declares to BM that he wants to quit her crew and join the Strawhats.
BM demands that he take the punishment of leaving, but Jinbe accepts on the terms that she doesn't harm anyone else.

She uses her Soul Vocals and states to Jinbe "Stay or Life", who chooses Life. Normally, she should be able to take his lifespan, but nothing happens because Jinbe doesn't have any fear facing Big Mom.

"Why would a man who will be a crew member of the future Pirate King be afraid of someone like one of the four emperors!!! If you don't take my life, then I'm returning my pledge of loyalty! With that, I quit the Big Mom Pirates! Thank you for your previous assistance!"

An enraged Big Mom orders Zeus and Prometheus on Jinbe, but in the confusion Brook destroys the picture stand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XrVJK5gG5wg&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ichiji when?

fuck off jinbefags

no

I know I'm just a newfag but where does the ''leave X to me...'' meme come from?

It's posted all the time with ichiji

>rice cake logia
>dissolves when he becomes wet

How the fuck is this power supposed to be useful?

nth for Jinbei deathfags btfo yet again

It's a dragonball meme.

Are you guys ready for 10 chapters of [Rubber World] when Jinbei's inevitable death triggers Luffy's awakening?

Oda lost his touch.

Dofla already had a henchman with Sticky Trapping abilities.

Now Big Mom, too, except it sounds even more stupid?

Leave Katakuri to me.

This arc shows that Oda is slowly running out of ideas for devilfruits.

Not him but I always thought it was a Sup Forums meme

>3 and a half ours before invasion, Luffy proposed a
>Present time
What did he propose?!

Sounds fake

JINBE NEXT NAKAMA CONFIRMED
CAESARFAGS
CARROTFAGS
PUDDINGFAGS

BTFO
T
F
O

disguising animals as himself
then he goes ahead and identifies himself anyway

O MY RUBBER NEN

>but in the confusion Brook destroys the picture stand
Year of the Brook. What a based Skelly.

so Luffy next Yonkou confirmed?

>According to Jinbe, Katakuri has the Logia "Mochi Mochi no Mi", and it's possible to escape if he becomes wet but it's better not to be careless.
Confirmed to job against Sanji, I see.

pretty much, oda will make anyone who uses food to fight lose against sanji

I dunno guys

I looks to me like Jinbe has a HUUUUGE Death Flag on him right now.

*The Consummate Chivalry.

it's literally the same as cracker and we saw how strong he was.

Luffy lacks the manpower to control vast territories like the Yonkou do. Unless he assumes direct control of his allied crews and makes them guard former BM's territories.

He could just make Pudding the next head of the Big Mom family and his subordinate. Problem solved.

t. increasingly nervous man

Suddenly Pudding redeemed?
Next memeber of the Strawhats?
And Sanjis wife?

That doesnt solve shit.

He still doesnt have the army to protect his islands. His forces are weaker than Marco and the whitebeard pirates and they easily got ran out.

But you are missing the biggest point on how a yonkou keeps their territory. Pirates know if they mess with an island with the flag they have to deal with that yonkou. Whitebeard used to sail half way around the world just to take someone out who messed with his family. Big Mom was eradicating entire islands for sweets.

Luffy wouldn't sail back to protect or defend a single person not currently on his ship. Pirates have no fear in taking his "territory".

Considering Pudding had one job - to shoot Sanji - and was defeated by a simple compliment, does that make her a jobber?

>Jobber for a mother and father
Their children have no chance.

youtube.com/watch?v=XrVJK5gG5wg&feature=youtu.be

From what we know so far Pudding doesn't seem to be a likely candidate for succession, considering even her own family despised her. If BM were to go down a power struggle within the family would be unavoidable.

>Luffy wouldn't sail back to protect or defend a single person not currently on his ship.
He wouldn't have to. He has an entire fleet.

>been trying to force myself to like Jinbe since FI to no avail
>tfw he'll be the first SH I don't give a shit about if Oda doesn't have the balls to kill him this arc

Hope Akainu shows up.

Marines already knew about Shanks meeting Ace.

They should know about this wedding, too.

Whitebeard was taken down under Sengoku's administration so Akainu needs to take down a Yonkou too so he doesn't lose face.

I hope CP0 actually does something at some point.

Jimbe and Brook are the best strawhats. This is not debatable.

Aren't they still on Dressrosa?

Jimbei should be disqualified as a Strawhat.

He is a New World veteran that has been hanging out white Whitebeard for decades.

Strawhats are all New World newbies.

Jimbei joining, would just kill the suprise factor of the New World for the Strawhats since Jimbei would already know most of the secrets and tricks of the New World since he already experienced them with Whitebeard.

This. Robin was sweating like crazy and was about to piss her pants just because CP0 was walking nearby her.

Robin has never showed such a reaction to any other enemy before except for CP0.

>Sanji is protecting Pudding when the wedding cake collapses
Cute!

Furfag and newfags tears are delicious

Jinbei was a friend of the WB pirates, not a member. He didn't sail with them.

Robin has never showed such a reaction to any other enemy before except for CP0

>Aokiji and Kuzan
But yeah.

I'm happy for Morgan, this wedding is going to make it to the cuckoo news.

It was on marine turf.

pretty sure oda has given up on the adventure part and wants to finish the series fast hence the multiple asspulling and big names jobbing

Be careful, mods don't like it when you hurt the feelings of furfag degenerates.

I don't remember Robin looking like she needed to pee when she encountered Aokiji.

CP0 made Robin react very strongly.

I think they left after making an announcement, before the birbcage went up.

>Aokiji AND Kuzan

Shit when did both of them attack her. Taking on Aokiji is hard enough but imagine taking on KUZAN

Yeah, feel like Oda is rushing it.

I doubt Oda can top Marineford since Oda's writing after the timeskip is just so bad and cheesy.

Shitty sob stories left and right.

Feels like every fucking female in One Piece has some contrived sob story that justifies them being cunts and excuses all the bad shit they did just because of a few tears coming out of their eyes.

Fuck, we already had Baby 5's shitty sob story, Pudding's sob story is also equally shitty.

Nah.
Pudding gonna be yandere for Sanji and try to steal him from the Strawhats.
Arc will probably end with Big Mom getting rekt and her family forming splintered groups, one will probably be based around Pudding and her ability to (maybe eventually) read poneglyphs.

Shit I keep getting code names mix up.

>mochi is now a force of nature
oda the hack

>Underestimating the destructive power of the mochi

YEAR OF JINBE

YEAR OF BROOK

YEAR OF FISHBONE

>marineford babby
Hey buddy, Reddit is two blocks down.

>there are people who still don't like Jinbe after that sick ass line

what's your problem with fishmen?

Oda is definitely rushing this arc.

it originated on Sup Forums when someone posted a pic of putin with an eyepatch saying "leave bond to me"

then people started shopping eyepatches and doing "leave X to me"

How come sanji doesn't get the same treatment as well? Does oda really hate him?

Kind of make big mom looks bad since she got btfo by a fishman.

High def vs Projectiles and Blunt attacks. Probably can even reattach cut parts.

What sick ass line?

It is cheesy as fuck.

Brook is having a pretty good arc, which was very necessary for him considering how "little" he's been and done in the manga so far.

Now, if only Sanji could show himself as being worthy of being part of the Monster Trio, that would be great.

It's normally used to make fun of characters that lose against something.
For example, a picture of Hitler with the text "leave the Allies to me".
Though nowadays people are starting to use it unironically.

It's shonen dummy of course it's going to be cheesy, that doesn't change that jinbe completely BTFOd big mom with it.

If he's rushing the arc the straw hats will already split to Zou after getting a hold on Sanji. He's not rushing the arc, he's rushing the entire story.

Oda doesn't have the balls to kill off jinbei.

>Jinbefag already celebrating
Celebrate when the arc is over and he's on the ship, he's not yet a nakama and I'm not gonna apologize until he is.

Oda is saving the best for the end imo
Now that the threat are real (I.e not weakling like Hody) he doesn't have to use Sanji as an hype tool anymore.

I don't mind fishmen I just dislike Jimbe's design.
I like my pirates and overt weabshit seperate.

I mean Zoro is ok but Jinbe is treading into YOYOYOOOIIII, bambo taps a rock, drum beats intensify, sick flute solo, etc. territory.
This is also why I dislike Gear 4 and think the three Wano retainers are annoying garbage.

So when is Mr. Prince arc?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WHITEBEARD SWASTIKA?!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yes, I'm a newfag

dont ever apologize for shitty fishmen. They deserve to live on the bottom of the sea forever

Don't cry when Sanji breaks Katakuri's staff and eats the Pudding too

Like I need the apologies of autistic Carrottards and a faggot tripnigger.

based brook carrying luffy

The last serious fight in OP was the Luffy vs Doffy due to the 10 year build up of Doffy's character and he cant let Doffy bee defeated so easily. Anything after that will be nothing but asspulls and big names jobbing for less than 2 chapters like Luffy vs Cracker.

No no no, won't read spoilers.

>he's not yet a nakama

pretty sure he became one in Fishman Island, just had to do some stuff first.

>yo rubber nen nigga

Same weakness Crocodile had, and he was pretty fucking powerful.
Of course, he lived in a desert environment, but still.

Brook is the MVP in an arc about Sanji.

Katakuri's Starch powers would've been great if Oda just followed the real world example of non-newtonian fluids which is merely starch+water. These non-newtonian fluids offer a lot of resistance against sudden impulses so his defense against punches, kicks and stabs would've been great. It would've made for a great fight between Smoothie, Starchie and Sanji and Jimbei but unfortunately Oda passed on that opportunity and made wetness a weakness of Katakuri instead of strength.

You are not the guy I made a promise with. The time is drawing near for our final showdown though.

The only way to end this arc without making the Jobkous look stupid is by Linlin eat some of Sanji's cooking fell in love with him and decide to go to war with Kaidou and BB by allying with the straw hats.

Wetness is a weakness for starch + water. Dilute it and it becomes useless.

In fact, it sounds exactly like what Oda did.
>Beat Luffy's punch
>Became weak when additional liquid was added.

Jinbei
>wears japanese clothing
>uses martial arts like half of the manga

Zoro
>wears japanese clothing
>uses katanas

Maybe before the timeskip, but Zoro's been just as weeb since.

Your face when Kuma feels more like a Yonkou than Big Mom.

Oda even had Big Mom ask questions to enemies just like Kuma did except Kuma was scarier since Kuma did not leave any corpses behind. It looked like Kuma erased enemies out of existence.

This is way more terrifying than Big Mom's questions.

With Jimbei's shitty logic, Shank and his crew should have been able to defeat Big Mom ages ago since nobody in Shank's crew would be scared of Big Mom at all.

This means Big Mom's powers wouldn't work on any of the Admirals either which just begs the question of why didn't Akainu didn't already kill Big Mom during the timeskip.

>character voting starts this week
>Brook has another good chapter
WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT THIS TIME BOYS
WE'RE GONNA GET BROOK TO THE TOP 10

Jinbe has about as many Maori influences in his design as Japanese ones though

It's pretty obvious that taking your life time isn't Big Mom's only power. Soul Vocals seems to be her most used power, not the only one she got by eating the fruit.

Brook's getting his own arc when they get to the land of the undead or something

This arc has a food theme so not really.

>why didn't Akainu didn't already kill Big Mom during the timeskip.
Fucking with the power balance and leaving a vacuum open for some young upstart.