What an absolute masterpiece. Amazing seiyuu, a deep mature multi-layered story, engaging content...

What an absolute masterpiece. Amazing seiyuu, a deep mature multi-layered story, engaging content, host of characters and a strong satisfying finish.

Rakugo Shinjuu is up there with the likes of Hyouge Mono and Tatami Galaxy.

That aside, it's 25 episodes but feels like much longer. There is no Deen quality anywhere to be seen.

Truly a pleasure to watch.

When I saw Shinnosuke after the time-skip he was the spitting image of Yakumo Hachidaime. Yakumo... couldn't really have... with Konatsu. I mean, it would be a neat ending with Sukeroku and Yakumo lineages mixing together, but how... really?

Deeply boring, and uninteresting.
I'm still surprised at how a show couldn't come up with an even remotely interesting plot point in 20+ episodes.static animation, shallow characters, and usagi drops all over again.

Actually thinking back the only intersting thing to ever happen in this show was to how ww2 effected bon as a young man, and they completely ruined it. These worst then amatuers did a bunch of telling and not showing, narrating how the war effected bon instead of just showing us, and nothing comes of it, resolved in an episode. There one chance to create interesting drama and it's wasted with a boring mundane slide show and old man narration.

wow this was terrible, i kind of feel bad for the 30 anons on this board who pretended to like it.

The NTR was funny.

It's not bound by cliche. I think that's why it was a bit of a fresh air or something different. It wasn't my top but it gave me some idea of what anime can be with good source material. The show seems like it was made by a writer rather than a mangaka or a LN author.

Only fujos like this shit.

KIKU

I called all the melo-drama the second i saw the bitch in the op. "LOVE TRIANGLE BULLSHIT"

The show is an aggressive waste of time

There were some actions portraid by the characters that seemed like they were only there to artificially in a sloppy way give the main character a motivation.
Sukeroku suicide was pointless. The woman left him and his child behind, and was a negligent wife, making his double suicide look pointless. It feels like it was only there to emotionally scar Yakumo, since it was needed to advance the story.

FUCKED

SHIN

truly an overrated mediocrity

A masterpiece too good for Sup Forums

Yeah, probably one of my all time favorites, which is funny since I debated not picking it up because I didn't want to deal with the double episode back in S1.

Are people so starved of good anime that they call this a masterpiece? Like, watch Tatami Galaxy and then this back to back, the drop in quality is palpable.

The love triangle wasn't even that overly dramatic. If you thought romance was the main focus of the show you obviously weren't paying attention

I don't know why people ignore the yakuza boss.

>show wasn't what I wanted
>this means it's bad

no, it just means you don't like it. learn the difference.

it was honestly such a pleasure to watch week to week, i'm also glad the manga is getting an english release!

i mean, i don't know but... certainly even if it were true, i wouldn't go as far as some people and say that that possibility ruined the show for me- it was damn brilliant.

It's everything you said...

And boring as all hell...

KIKU CAME IN KONATSU

I actually watched Tatami Galaxy right before I watched all of season 1. Both were good but I thought Rakugo was significantly better

Obviously your values are completely alien to me, so I won't even try to understand.

Now watch a real masterpiece.

I wasn't expecting anything from it, it's just bad story telling

He simply love the slut. He just didn't want her to die alone.

I think it's a culture thing, couple suicides just don't seem to be western thing. It's hard to sympathise with

Kiku gave in to Konatsu's demand to satisfy her love for him. He wanted to please her selfish demands just like he did with her mother and father because Kiku is a push over when it comes to dealing with his loved ones even if it is extreme, fucking Konatsu is not as bad as being willing to get stabbed by Miyukichi's knife.

Fuck off Digi

Did you guys watched the same show? It was an accident. They didn't mean to die

>a deep mature multi-layered story

dropped and filtered

nasty Usagi Drop shit 0/10

What do you consider good story telling user?

They have really made a great adaptation of the manga.

Also, Ishida is GOAT. I miss hearing him every week as Kiku.

He didn't even raised her

Expository dialogue that frees me from the burden of having to interpret or figure anything out on my own
Sick fight scenes
Tits