Barakamon thread

Barakamon thread.
Let's talk about volume 13.

No one?

Oujo a cute.

Is it just me or has there been increasing Usagi Drop (you know what I'm referring to here) vibes going on in recent volumes?

I read it at my local bookstore thanks to your previous thread, didn't get the chance to talk.

I'm kinda sad to see Handa choosing to become a calligraphy teacher for an island with a small student population. I am pretty certain he'll be back into submitting entries sooner or later, but it might be back to island shenanigans before we get to that stage.

>Is it just me or has there been increasing Usagi Drop (you know what I'm referring to here) vibes going on in recent volumes?
Between Sei and Naru?
I don't think so.

The stuff he was saying + what his dad was saying about contacting some institute implied that there's going to be more to the school thing than that though, I think. Handa himself wants lots of students.

Some of these scenes just feel sorta odd to me, I dunno.

They sure grew big!
The only ''odd'' scene in my opinion was the one where Naru called her thighs very tasty.

Personally it feels weird to see Handa resort to the educator path since I always related to him in being a person trying to atone for his brash mistakes and seeking inspiration. Now he's heading into a life role outside of calligrapher that he is not very well-trained on, which comes off surprising to me as a beginner teacher. I can say that I look forward to more relatable stories with Handa's new direction in teaching, but I have this feeling it might not be the same as his freelancing journeys in the previous volumes.

I am glad that his mom and dad support his decisions though.

>volume 13
I didn't even know it was out. Thanks I guess.

Eh Usagi Drop is overrated. I never liked it when people comparing that to Barakamon. Literally the worst insult of all insult.

Really looking forward for her island visit.

Someone else is NOT looking forward to her visit.

I think you're missing why that user is comparing it to Usagi Drop, people only ever mention that series on here in reference to the manga's twist near the end.

Didn't know it was out, hopefully the thread is still up after I read it.

I would like to see why Kyrie started crossdressing.

This scene feels very suggestive. I hope Naru is endgame; I love age-gap pairings.

Exactly, the only main selling point of shit like usagi drop is the twist that literally anyone can predict and a shitty one at that.
which is why comparing it is the worst insult of the insults.

Most people didn't predict the twist in Usagi Drop, which is why they hated it so much since it didn't stay the wholesome father-daughter drama that it was up until then. At least in Barakamon it would be well foreshadowed.

>Most people didn't predict the twist in Usagi Drop, which is why they hated it so much
Keep forcing that, faggot.

Was this fuck always so incompetent? It's been a while since he's shown up

Yes, he was.
He're really terrible.

Oujo is great.

The gorilla scene at the zoo was fucking priceless.

You know I always felt like any romance would ruin Barakamon, but I'd really love to see Handa and Ojou playing parents for Naru.

>but I'd really love to see Handa and Ojou playing parents for Naru
That sounds nice.

just read a few chapters of barakamon and i feel like i got in love with Tama

Watch out, cause she's seriously dangerous and write grotesque manga.

too late user, i'm head over heels

why does everyone ship Miwa with sensei and not Tama anyway, they're both crazy weirdo artist types

Island girls old and busted we Ojou now

Would read it if I could find a decent torrent or download. But I usually just read on online readers since I am a massive pleb please spoonfeed me.

Call me when Naru grows up.

Madokami. There's your resource, but you can figure out how to work it yourself.

Thanks

The mom is still the cutest girl anyway

So her mom got pregnant at twelve or what?

?

his*

Except naru has a dad.

She's probably double his age, just young looking, unlike his father.

Just buy the manga. I've collected all 13 volumes so far and they're really worth the read when I want something to feel emotional about. Or if you're too cheap to pay, just read it off your local bookstore or library.

So what else is happening in this story?