Why do people like this show?

The plot seems lazy, everything that happens is quite meaningless, character development is a joke.

Please enlighten me why would this be worth more than 4 episodes of my time.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ItsAllAboutMe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wait...
People like this?

Akko's autism is cute! CUTE!

Nice job, saving this OP to post with a random anime pic whenever I get bored

I have been watching it but I hear it gets better after a few abysmal "world building" episodes

damn...

*havent

Animation is Trigger's liveliness though so that's always a plus

>Please enlighten me why would this be worth more than 4 episodes of my time.
I don't think you deserve it.

Your time isn't worth very much.

It's not, it's terrible user, you can now leave and never come back.

I'm thinking about dropping it. While shows like Kill la Kill and Inferno cop had plenty o new ideas and such, LWA doesn't really have any. A stupid MC who is determined to follow a dream and won't let anything keep them down? Luffy has been around for years, and he's much more interesting. A school in the UK that teaches things like potions, spells, and flying? Harry potter of course. It just feels dry to me, with none of the personality Trigger's other works had.

Your time is worthless and you need to watch it yourself to decide.

This show must be below worthless then. Holy shit it's bad

This show is comfy and hilarious.

The character development's slow but it's fine because in between those moments, I'm laughing my ass off. Look at that sweet, innocent witch try hard launch herself out of a cannon to intercept a renegade broom. HAHA. Or how about when she's pretty sure she's going to fail class without some under the counter deals so she pours some trendy soda water into the fish professor's bowl. Then it fucking blacks out and in her panic she drops the mother fucker in the sink. GUTS BUSTED.

Akko has contagious levels of YAY that you could never possibly have dreamt of because your life revolves around hating your job, the people you work with, and blaming everything on society because they do not acknowledge your elitist taste in anime. Well motherfuckers, good taste never saved anyone's life. And it hardly makes the world a better place. It's a selfish mindset to hold onto.

Akko likes Shiny Chariot. A shallow, visuals focused cuck of a woman who spouts getMotivated lines to try and inspire fellow losers. But you know what, that's okay. Because good taste doesn't help the people around you. It's just something to make you feel good about yourself. You want to see how you should live your life? Look at this cute girl being inspired by someone no one respects. Akko's indomitable persistence was kindled by a nobody and her cheap tricks that take no effort. You're all nobodies to me. But we all have eyes and ears. We all feel something when we say shit to each other. Can you imagine that maybe one of those times, your words had a lasting impact on another user whose life became better as a result of reading your words? That's what Little Witch Academia is about. It doesn't matter if you're someone with quality skills and substance. It's about how you make other people feel and what they do as a result of those feelings. So stop watching anime just for waifus and become inspired to do something for the world. Bitches.

a possible AOTS is turning into a drag to finish now. I don't know what happened but Akko just being a retarded hardcore legend isn't enough

nice blogpost

It's annoyingly "kids' show" in terms of plot. Akko just happens upon this amazingly important object, it happens that Shiny Chariot is a teacher at the school and acted like her as a student, it happens that Akko says the words that need to activate the rod. The coincedences are so convenient in almost every episode, its just dumb.
It's a shame, really. The best episode is the one where Akko goes into Sucy's head. Nothing since or before that episode has been anywhere near as engaging or interesting for me. I'm just watching to see how it concludes at this point, but I have a feeling I know exactly what's going to happen

The dynamics between the characters are fun to watch and I enjoy episodic antics. I've not seen the OVAs or the movies or whatever, so I don't really care about the major story. I just assumed it was a Bebop / Champloo sort of deal.

>hey guys I'm 12 and I just started watching anime and I haven't been waiting 4 years for this fantastic show to be released btw I'm a complete retard who has only watched Naruto and Dragonball-Z so don't mind me ecks dee ell oh ell

So it's okay to be an idiot chasing something they can never reach?

Why are you so upset?

The OVA's worked well because they were short and had an idea

Specifically the second one changed things up with new characters (who have been ignored to hell) and the human vs witch conflict

Some people just take anime way too seriously

Because it's fun.
How can you have fun when all you think about is "when does it become fun" and forget about having fun?

Because the characters are charming as hell, the animation is great, the music is soothing, and the world building is interesting.
But most importantly it's a fun show about cute witches doing cute things, now with added plot for cour 2.

Probably the most fun I have from a show this season.

There's worldbuilding?

Says the Sup Forums faggot with the Watamote reaction image. You need to watch at least 300 anime before posting here.

casual faggot

Diana !!

If you've seen Nippon Animation's My Daddy Long Legs adaptation from almost 30 years ago, LWA's like that in ways. It just has good enjoyable qualities without the hamfisting of the second OVA and the worst thing that could happen is Trigger going full Trigger on it. Newfags have a selective problem with episodic anime.

Its better to try than to do nothing at all

It's not, there are far better 2 cour anime out there.

I looked at its threads and it was just /u/shit posting

So yeah there you go

No it's not, it's much worse.

Because I watch anime just to entertain myself for a short time, I'm not a hardcore anime fan or anything, this show is light hearted and Akko is cute

>Akko has contagious levels of YAY that you could never possibly have dreamt of because your life revolves around hating your job,

No, I have a goal in life which I works hard to accomplish and have good results for it. Diana's situation is much more understandable, she's at her level because she works hard and properly on it.
Meanwhile Akko is an absolute retard like those normalfags that read two manga and wants to be the best manga artist in the world and of course barely try to get into it because they limit themselves to what little they know. Someone like Akko shouldn't deserve anything.

because it's cute, CUTE

Akko is cute and makes it worth watching alone.
I could watch Akko doing dumb shit all day because her character has so much energy about her.

so hating LWA is cool now huh

She's too retarded. I couldn't finish two episodes because I couldn't handle the embarrassment that she is. And that pretty much never happens otherwise.

>watching japanese cartoons seriously

>Akko
>barely try

A large part of the hype is because of the studio/animation. From the beginning, I felt that this show was aimed at a younger audience than what I usually watch so I did not have unreasonable expectations. Also it's cute.

I usually have never any problem no matter how ridiculous it is. But Akko is just way too much.

Yes, she barely tries. Tries to UNDERSTAND and actually get into it that is. She tries "hard" but she does it incredibly badly and that just represents her as a retarded character.

Take out those gay quotation marks.
You aren't studying magic in a magic school whatever your dream is, hopefully not purchasing a shitbox or something else some people aren't said to be "just born with."

I never knew you could tell someone's entire anime background by a reaction image. Teach me your ways, faggot.

It's literally "xD" The Anime. Also a bunch of trigger niggers shilled the kickstarter for the OVA here.

>Luffy has been around for years, and he's much more interesting
really now

>You aren't studying magic in a magic schoo

No shit. Doesn't change a thing, it's not hard to understand Akko's character. She wanted to get the same title as Chariot of best witch of the school and she's literally the opposite of that. She just mindlessly tries to copy Chariot like a retarded kid.

He is.

Diana!

The whole thing with Akko's extreme conditions are to make the hard work theme extremely obvious that you need to work hard, which most people won't be applying to absolutely fantastical shit (because Akko isn't a realistic character and it's fantasy and a pseudo-kids show), so I don't see how you have such a strong reaction towards it preaching the same shit. It's also lately been about young Chariot's character that shat on the festival witch award and Akko working little by little for something (one of the whatever revived words). It's OK/10.

I dropped it after forcing myself through 6 episodes.

Every episode goes like this.
>"muh dreem"
>Akko fucks as always up and get everyone in trouble
>"muh dreem"
>Get's saved by plot armor always
>Gets berated for doing retarded stuff
>"b-but muh dreem"
>EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE.

Akko never did anything relevent. All she does is get herself and other people in major trouble because she's too retarded and selfishly thinks about "her dreams".

I stopped after 7 eps it wasnt that good, the short is fine though. Kiznaivers is under appreciated i actually cried at that one which is pretty pathetic

I wanted the show to be more about Sucy and Amanda and I'm getting none of that, it's frustrating as fuck. Akko would be way more bearable if she didn't get so much focus. She's not even that bad in some episodes like the race.

Why doesn't she find something she's good at rather then forcing herself into a square hole?

Passion.
Akko = insane passion
You = might like the idea of some passion, achieve something normally challenging

So instead of finding something you're good at, you should just inconvenience yourself and everyone around you?

She uses that passion terribly. Like someone trying for hours to do ton of maths exercices without even trying to really understand the lessons behind those exercices.

Wow, people ACTUALLY like anime?
What a bunch of LOSERS.

Mostly she ultimately helps due to shenanigans and thanks to the will being there, not when someone else could do it better but when others don't even try. It really isn't very serious.

>lel you should find something you good at instead of working to be good at that specific task xd I'm autistic btw

> Oh god Chariot Chariot muh dream Charior Chariooooooot

She only seems to care about herself. She annoyingly extremely self centered and everyone in the series is clearly tired of her shit.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ItsAllAboutMe

She's pretty much the personification of this trope.

JEJ

Why waste your natural talents and instead force yourself into something in which you're way behind everyone else without putting in much more effort?

You think Akko isn't a retard at everything? She's bad at the book subjects, practical work, sports. Kids still need to do all of them.

>This show is comfy and hilarious.
Pretty much this
Also LWA is a really good change of pace to the typical shounen bs and boring highschool girl SoL that make up 99% of anime.
What this show does that no other anime has been able to do in the 15 years I've been watching anime is make me smile from the moment the episode begins to the moment it ends.
Every single character is likable if not deep an interesting. Akko is especially engaging since her personality just makes you constantly want her to succeed, and unlike most other shitty anime you know that more than likely she won't actually accomplish her immediate goal because she is surrounded by people who are objectively better witches than her.
And again unlike other anime when other people accomplish what she couldn't she doesn't start looking at them as rivals to beat because at the end of the day she's not trying to be "the best witch" or anything, she just wants to follow in the footsteps of Chariot and make people happy. He primary driving motivation is to make people believe in themselves like someone else did for her.
It's honestly a breath of fresh air and I seriously think anyone who doesn't like this show is just and edgy faggot.

True. I've watched hundreds of anime, and LWA is the single greatest. Absolutely nothing it does has been done before, ever.

Fuck off normie

>Question is asked
>Question is answered
How the fuck is it a blogpost?

Why should we convince you to watch something you don't want? We are not a fucking cult.

I've just watched episode 13 and I totally agree that this one was comfy as hell and Akko showed her good side here. Can't say that for a lot of other episodes sadly. And it still focuses too much on her.

>not dropping kiznaiver like hot burning garbage
Opinion discarded

It isn't worth your time if you don't like that stuff. Watch the OVAs instead, they are great.

I do think you're overexaggerating, but in general I agree. It's a an anime that's cute and comfy without ever being too slow and boring. Every episode is a cute and fun adventure

why would someone bother writing on an anonymous post on an imageboard where everyone are far more concerned with making their own comments and posting their own opinions than they are of actually reading the content of others?

Is this show even popular? Seems to be bombing in Japan.

This seems like a sort of meaningless "fun" anime, a la K-On!, and I'm not a fan of that sort of stuff. But it doesn't look that bad other than it not being my personal preference.

Kiznaiver was trash, watching it with Sup Forums made it slightly bearable for me thanks to the power of memes but I still regret watching it

> Why do people like this show?

-The artstyle is different of "generic anime " of every anime show. This appeal to more people outside of his japanese niche.

It's fun you dummy