Can anyone tell me why this series works and dragon ball super doesnt?

can anyone tell me why this series works and dragon ball super doesnt?

What do you mean work, both are shit.

Because one is pretty much an exact copy of the original and the other is failing at new shit.

They're both shit.

Boruto works off the canon and has a rich lore-filled universe set up for it. Like Zaku saying his air expulsion was the jutsu of the future, and basically the entire ending of Naruto, and Neji's death, and Kaguya's lineage. It wasn't thought up out of the blue 20 years after the fact.

Dragon Ball Super is a continuation of a generic high fantasy romp with dinosaurs, ripped off a popular Chinese fable. The source was never that good, so how much less would a sequel be?

tl;dr Toriyama finally got off his high horse and decided to watch YuYu Hakusho. Then got inspired to make an anime based on its third and fourth season.

Black Goku = Sensui, as in, from Chapter Black
This Universal "only one world survives" tourney = the Demon World for earth's fate tourney

Dragon ball suffers from power inflation. The fighting never really changes, they just throw around bigger and bigger explosions.

One's a soft reboot that basically lets it play as safe as possible, while the other is a controversial sequel that has to somehow resolve itself by End Of Z with all these crazy transformations and Gods turning up.

Boruto scales shit down. For now at least.

Super just keeps going higher.

Naruto shitters thinking they are better then DBfags

Hilarious.

kishimoto still cares a little
toriyama just wants the money.

super tournament arc rules though

I'd like to see a DB tournament arc... from what point could I start watching it?

You'd want to watch some stuff with character development, but if you don't care skip past the Zamasu Arc and you can start watching there. I mean technically if you watched Battle of the Gods and ressurection F, and if you choose to watch Zamasu arc, then you're already caught up.

Otherwise yeah pretty much start after Zamasu/Future Trunks stuff.

boruto has shikamaru's kid and salad who are god tier

mitsuki is good too but he's not in the show yet

The Tournament of Power Saga starts at Episode 77

Tournament starts at Episode 77

But you should first try the Zamasu/Black Saga, which starts Episode 47

Yeah I somewhat agree with this. I didn't like Zamasu/Black Saga but it introduced many important character we will be seeing a lot of in the tournament of power arc.

So yeah start at 47, and feel free to fast forward or skip boring shit.

Hopefully Boruto keeps the Chunin Exams Tournament

Himawari is so cute, wonder what she'll dress like in 3-4 more years :)

Dragon Ball Super's not good, but it's not shit either. It's a weekly show that churns out mediocre but passable content.
No need to hate it and no reason to put it on a pedestal.

the way i see it, 1-46 was filler while they wrote and outlined the real story. I didn't like Black Arc but it was passable. Tournament of Power I actually enjoy and look forward to every week.

Between Boruto, DBS, and Boku NHA, I'm enjoying watching shounen again.

EoZ is already retconned as fuck

>this series works
It's been three episodes, dumbass.

It's funny how Super is 10 times worse than Naruto was at its worst but still it isn't treated half as badly as Naruto.