Was Kill la Kill a masterpiece?

Was Kill la Kill a masterpiece?

No.

Yes. It's a canonical classic of anime along with Eva, Gundam, etc.

a masterpiece of shit.

It's an anime people will still talk about 10 years from now after all.

Kill la Kill wasn't a masterpiece. Kill la Kill was nothing. Not good and not even bad, just completely and utterly average.

Why?

Only after best girl was introduced.

I enjoyed it up until the part where the mother was introduced.

A masterpiece of shit.

Why?

Because too many people enjoyed it, so it must be bad.

a trigger masterpiece maybe
trigger is such shit

I'd call it a classic, but probably not a masterpiece.

No, it was merely good.

Which by anime standards is amazing since 90% of this medium is a flaming pile of shit erected by famished underpaid yellow monkeys dying from overwork.

More like Assterpiece

It was, but Gainax as always runs out of fucking budget in every fucking anime.

They love going all out.

It was if you think it was.

Seriously, I do think it was a great '70s throwback.

Ryuuko's tits were pretty great.

no but guurren lagann was

No but it's good. Masterpieces are rare.

They're literally the same show.

Equally good mate. Imaishi crushed it with GL and because he is such a fucking bad ass he did a victory lap in the form of KlK

The climax of TTGL was actually good though

Unlike Kill la Kill which dropped the ball pretty hard.

The climax being the final episode?
I don't see how it dropped the ball.

First half was promising but second half was terrible.
I don't get the enormous amounts of praise honestly. Most of it seems like praising because it ticks all boxes in the anime stereotype checklist so you have to like it ironically, and because it's random ecksdee and tickles internet meme culture.

>second half was terrible.
Why?

Stupid plot stuff like Ryuko going evil and aliens. Also the nudist beach stuff wasn't interesting.

Junketsu eventually overriding its wearer was foreshadowed heavily since the first part, and going evil was an important part of Ryuko's character arc.
The parasitic alien clothing were also foreshadowed and it simply was a brilliant idea, tying neatly with Ragyo's speeches about humanity seeking clothing as soon as they gained self awareness and so forth.

No. But its a very solid series and only assblasted autists think otherwise.

I sum the entire show up as wasted potential. It started with an amazing premise, setting and cast and blew it all with a meandering plot that never seemed to know where it was going. It was okay, but while I could watch the first episode on repeat for hours I've only seen most of the second half of the show 1 time.

Ryuuko had no character arc. She had a character sine wave.

>Ryuuko had no character arc
How can you even say something so silly?

The second half of the sentence. Keep reading, you were almost there.

If you really think that, you probably didn't understand the character. Try being more specific.

I wouldn't call it outright terrible, it just felt rushed and disapointing.

The mom being the final and only boss was kind of lame. Personally I kept hoping all the way until the finale for some epic planet-spanning showdown between all of humanity and the fibers. Imagine if we got a series of short scenes of various cultures around the world grappling with their clothing. Now THAT would have been a memorable scene. But in the end all we got was Ryuko going super sayan and beating up her mom.

Also Nudist beach and all the other good guys got completely sidelined, not even used as fodder. So much for their super anti-fiber weaponry. In TTLG everyone played a part in the final fight, especially in the movie version.

I also seem to remember being annoyed at several plotholes in the second half, but obviously I didn't find the show memorable enough to remember what they were.

The only plot hole I remember is that the red bullet they almost used on Ryuko disappears afterwords despite the fact that it'd have been useful.

>The mom being the final and only boss was kind of lame. Personally I kept hoping all the way until the finale for some epic planet-spanning showdown between all of humanity and the fibers. Imagine if we got a series of short scenes of various cultures around the world grappling with their clothing. Now THAT would have been a memorable scene. But in the end all we got was Ryuko going super sayan and beating up her mom.
Ryuko's and Senketsu's ability to stand up against Ragyo and what she represents after all their hardships is the point of the story and of their development as individuals. Maybe you misunderstood the kind of show you were watching, even dealing with world threatening events, it all always came down to the characters and their personal struggle. That's why the villain was a mother trying to control her daughters destinies. Under all the over the top action and silliness, it's a family drama.
>Also Nudist beach and all the other good guys got completely sidelined, not even used as fodder. So much for their super anti-fiber weaponry. In TTLG everyone played a part in the final fight, especially in the movie version.
NB were fundamental in the second part. Without their weaponry to extract humans out of COVERS and the Great Naked Blade the protagonist wouldn't have gone anywhere. And Aikuro was effectively the leader most of the time, and they gave the final blow to the antenna with their DTR.
If you expected them to actually being proficient in combat and not just support, you weren't paying attention. As soon as episode 12 Tsumugu said that the 3 "sisters" have transcended humanity and were beyond his powers, and only Life Fibers being effective against Life Fibers is an important thematic plot point.
>I also seem to remember being annoyed at several plotholes in the second half, but obviously I didn't find the show memorable enough to remember what they were.
Because there aren't plotholes.

Yes...but it's still not better than the True Kino Masterpiece

It LITERALLY saved anime.

absolute perfection

Sure is. Pure animation bliss.