One Piece 863

Ch. 863 Consummate Chivalry

3 and a half ours before invasion, Luffy proposed a plan to capture a bunch of animals from the forest into his appearance and erupt from the cake.

Present time
The wedding cake collapses due to the bunch of Luffy's erupting from it.
An enrage Big Mom demands that the cooks bring out a new cake.
When the cooks refuse asking her not to ask such impossible demands, she releases her powers.
She chants "Life or Wedding Cake" and takes their lifespan from their bodies.
Her power "Soul Vocals" is addressed to a person's attachments, and if they show even a little fear of death, then she takes their lifespan.
Everyone follows Luffy and enters the venue.
BM yells about which is the real one, and Bege snickers in reply according to the disturbance plan. However, Bege is shocked when the real Luffy simply identifies himself.

Luffy aims for the picture stand, but Katakuri reads the future,extends his leg, and sends Luffy flying with a kick. He is covered by Katakuri's foot and becomes immobilized.
Katakuri interrogates Luffy to where he heard about the importance of the picture.
Jinbe rushes in and "Black Tea Current One-armed Shoulder Throw" and soaks Katakuri's feet with tea. Katakuri's feet muddily dissolves and Luffy escapes his grasp.
According to Jinbe, Katakuri has the Logia "Mochi Mochi no Mi", and it's possible to escape if he becomes wet but it's better not to be careless.

Jinbe protects Bege by stating that he was the one who told Luffy about the picture. Luffy is ecstatic as Jinbe declares to BM that he wants to quit her crew and join the Strawhats.
BM demands that he take the punishment of leaving, but Jinbe accepts on the terms that she doesn't harm anyone else.

She uses her Soul Vocals and states to Jinbe "Stay or Life", who chooses Life. Normally, she should be able to take his lifespan, but nothing happens because Jinbe doesn't have any fear facing Big Mom.

"Why would a man who will be a crew member of the future Pirate King be afraid of someone like one of the four emperors!!! If you don't take my life, then I'm returning my pledge of loyalty! With that, I quit the Big Mom Pirates! Thank you for your previous assistance!"

An enraged Big Mom orders Zeus and Prometheus on Jinbe, but in the confusion Brook destroys the picture stand.

End.

Also from sandman

- About the color spread/ special poster, more than 600 characters are crammed into the drawing. All of the characters except Luffy are cropped from older chapters.

- Sanji is protecting Pudding when the wedding cake collapses.

First for Caesar for Nakama!!

Nami is a gold digging whore.
Pudding is the only girl for Sanji.

BEHOLD THE INVINCIBLE FORCE OF NATURE

>Sanji is protecting Pudding when the wedding cake collapses.
Cute!

Will Katakuri redeem himself this chapter?

Oda died in the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
His death was covered up and Hack was brought in to replace him.
Think about it. That's EXACTLY when the quality of the series declined.

They showed how easy it is to nullify his ability and he couldn't even predict Brook wrecking the picture.

Jobber to the very end.

Year of Jinbe's death
>Year of Jinbe's death
Year of Jinbe's death
>Year of Jinbe's death

Only Ichiji can save this arc now.

So you're trying to tell me not a single person saw him since 2011?

Let me explain it to you then. Before the timeskip almost every major arc was about Strawhats and Luffy personally overcoming some big challenge: first personal arcs, then nearly defeating their first shichibukai, then nearly escaping a Marine Admiral and confronting the World Government, then being utterly defeated by Kizaru and so on. But after the timeskip it's like they have overcome some threshold and since then it seems like nothing is challenging enough for the crew to use their full power and still struggle. Even Dressrosa was only half the crew fighting and only Luffy had any real problem defeating his opponent (while it still not looking as challenging as defeating Crocodile whos arc Dressrosa copies). All in all, Strawhats need a big challenging problem they won't be able to overcome easily that will make them grow again

>carrotfags on suicide watch

>All in all, Strawhats need a big challenging problem they won't be able to overcome easily that will make them grow again

enter Kaido

>All in all, Strawhats need a big challenging problem they won't be able to overcome easily that will make them grow again

enter Big Mom

Who cares about him. I want to see Big Mom as a challenge. Not some Japanese Oni guy

Luffy already nearly died to Big Moms forces earlier this arc.

enter Shanks

And that's great but not enough

Reposting because last thread is dead.

New crew structure:

>Captain
Luffy
>Monster Trio
Zoro, Jinbe, Brook
>Combatant Quartet
Sanji, Carrot, Robin, Franky
>Support Quartet
Chopper, Nami, Usopp, Gastino

enter Buggy

do you actually think the plan will go off without a hitch, big mom will get attacked by the gas, and die?

its not going to go that smoothly and luffy will exchange blows with her. he wont be able to win single handedly though, he couldnt even beat Cracker without help.

Leave the One Piece to me!

It's so boring when Carrotfags get BTFO because they never say anything. At least Puddingfags and Jinbefags are amusing.

Predicted matchups?

Amande vs Nami
Sanji vs Katakuri

YEAR OF BROOK

How did you even come to that conclusion? I want to see Big Mom as a new proper challenge for the crew but so far Oda haven't provided us with one arc after the time skip where something like that would happen. I still have high hopes for this one.

Big mom vs Luffy
Carrot vs Smoothie
Zorro vs Bobbins

>zorro

this arc is different than others because the enemys are stronger than Luffy and co.

even in Dressrosa Luffy was the strongest person there (besides Fujitora who wasnt gunning for him)

wat if big mom btfos everyone then shanks show up to stop the fighting like marineford then the ex whitebeards show up to carry the strawhats to a safe place? this way the yonkous wont b humiliated neat idea no?

I know that, that's why my hopes are still high

That's a great idea, user. You should be writing this manga.

No. That's pretty fucking boring to be honest famalam

Who wins in a fight between all the kids?
Assume they're all 7 years old.

I'd say there's more chance that the SH will escape and a couple hours later when BM plots her revenge Blackbeard shows up, resist her fruits because he knows how it works already and one-shot her with a dozen differents DF powers at once. Then he steals her fruit and walks away going ZEHAHAHAHAHAH

Obviously the plan to kill BM will fail but BM still need to be taken care of somehow, so either Pudding will use her ability or she somehow loses her area of influence.

>Oda: there will be multiple new crewmembers soon
>multiple SOON
>Jinbei survived

How exactly are carrotfags on suicidewatch? Jinbei surviving made Carrot joining at the same time even MORE likely. Next time you say a group is on suicidewatch, you should probably explain yourself first so you don't look like a retard.

robin

I'd love to see a fight between the Yonkou before Luffy beats one. Gauging enemies based on Luffy's progress is iffy, and seeing what they could do against an established enemy would put everything in perspective.

But I doubt Shanks would save Luffy yet again, they won't meet till the end.

Zorro or Franky

Robin if she had her DF already.
Or else Zoro.

Is that before or after she has her fruit though?

I just want Luffy to pick up Sanji and his new wife PUDDING-CHWANN and just gtfo like a hit-and-run. I don't want Luffy to be able to beat a Yonko when he couldn't even solo Cracker.

>perfectly white skin
>blonde hair

my little aryan can't be this cute!

no then the manga would never end

i would prefer to the see SHs escape with jinbei, sanji, and the poneglyph, and big mom can be fought at a later climactic event where more people are gathered

>Gastino

What? Don't get me wrong, I love the guy's style, but he's barely met the strawhats for like two chapters. At least Carrot has travelled with the crew and Jinbe has teamed up with them multiple times in the past.

>aryan
>not even human
How low can you fall, Sup Forums?

Luffy easy

Trick question, it's Chopper. A 7 years old reindeer will fuck them up.

it's a joke my dude

When did he say that

>shanks ever meeting luffy again
When they are bound to meet each other Black beard will show up and kill shanks.

same

>being in denial this hard

its ok man, you didn't win, its fine.

We all know Hitler was really talking about rabbits.

That won't happen. Oda doesn't do shit like that, otherwise he'd have had Ace executed before Luffy could save him. There was a point to have them reunite before his death, and if he wants to kill Shanks he'd do the same.

DON'T YOU FUCKING TELL THEM, MOTHERFUCKER. YOU GAVE THE OATH

> Fire
> snow
> swamp
> smoke
> magma

Now we have Mochi, did Oda run out of ideas

>will a jobber redeem himself
Something something animegirlsmugface

Am I the only one that would be fine with this plan actually working and there not being a generic fight where everyone is paired up with one of the arcs' lower tier bad guys?

jizz logia when?

He isn't wrong though. There will be multiple crewmembers joining: Pudding and Jinbe.
Isn't that great?

I've got a good feeling about Gastino though.

If Jinbei joins the crew, I'll quit reading One Piece and never come back these threads again.

A brief thing I noticed looking back;
in Sabody pre timeskip, when Rayleigh used his Haki to make the guards and Saint Sharla faint, Usopp was unaffected by it. That must have meant his willpower and resolve was real the entire time, even before the timeskip

Who will jabba dabba doo it?

I hope Big mum survives.

Have to say Nami looked really pretty time back then. She's nice now as well but there was something that pre-timeskip Nami had.

mochi is hammered in the moon by rabbits this only mean 1 thing !
YEAR OF CARROT

A syrup logia would have actually made more sense.

Honey Logia
Tar Logia
Glass Logia

Oda should hire me.

Same, but I hope he joins so I can be finally free.

By that logic Buggy is also unaffected by Haki.

Imagine going around a town and just using your powers on a girl.

no one will miss you, stupid edposter

>metal
>earth
>wind
>wood
>stone
>acid
>flesh
>insects
>atomic nuclei
>polymer substance
>oda running out ideas
oh i dont know

enter crocodile
got it?

Lol so it's basically present time chopper vs some kids

how will the optard defend this

glass is tempered sand, a manmade substance that doesn't exist in nature.

>Wind
>Not 100% Dragons fruit.

What if gol d roger was a fruit user and his devil fruit is rubber logia?

It occurs when lightning strikes sand. Look it up.

You seem knowledgeable

Chopper's 14 isnt he?

remind me, what scene are we referring to?
Don't forget King's Distinction Haki affects those with significantly less inner strength than the user, and my point is that the first mate to the pirate king would have an extraordinary Haki, making surviving it a feat.

this is definition of shitposting. please leave these threads

Sounds like a win-win for me.

Most valuable pirate of this arc

Mochi doesn't occur in nature either.

Honey already happened in the anime I think, Syrup/Candy was the power of the fourth movie's antagonist.

Oh, you guys right. My bad.

>Stone isn't a logia
>Mochi is

Buggy and Shanks were fighting on White beards ship when they were young.

Didn't get knocked out either by Luffys or Shanks CoC haki.

Its made by fucking moon rabbits, how is it not nature-made?

so now that literal fucking food can be logia what other bullshit logias do you want to see next

The four fundamental elements: Fire, Ice, Sand, Light and Mochi

Lasagne Logia
Hotdog Logia
Spaghetti Logia

Wasn't it filler?

Did any of you stop to consider that maybe Oda made a mochi logia SPECIFICALLY because he realized people were getting the wrong idea about devil fruits, and wanted to correct those perceptions?