Iberian heritage thread

So I recently found out that besides being British, I have a fair amount of Iberian blood in me. I'm asking my Iberian friends from around the world to educate me on your history, culture etc

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Heritage_Sites_in_Spain
portuguese-american-journal.com/book-first-templar-nation-freddy-silva-editors-note/
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/01/140126-blue-eye-spain-fossil-human-discovery-gene/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Caliphate, Brazil, Mexico... yeah that about sums it up

Fuck off retard

Doesn't that mean instead of George, I can call you Jorge?

Did you get this from some DNA test?
If so, it's probably Welsh.

No, they differentiate between Welsh and Iberian.

Iberian culture is basque region of France to all of Spain and Portugal

Megalithic culture originated from Iberia.

Welsh people have a disproportionate amount of Iberian DNA compared to the rest of the UK. "Welsh" is probably just wider Welsh ancestry, while "Iberian" MAY come from South Wales.
It's why a lot of Welsh people are swarthy curly haired manlets. Even the Romans said South Welsh looked like Iberians.
How much Iberian are we talking?

I don't doubt that, all I'm saying is that they made a dinstinction between the two. See here
I know they are, I have a couple Welsh friends from the south and they fit the description. 12%, it was the second highest percentage after British (45%)

That might be from Wales, since it's pretty low. Or it could be from recent Iberian. Or both. Don't just automatically assume you're some siesta wog.

Bump. I'll answer, give me some time.

I'm descendant from iberians, my ancestors were defeated by the superior race of the mapuches, that's why I'm unemployed and communist.

I honestly know nothing about DNA testing so I can't say anything but it was my first thought when I saw this that it could possibly indicate Welsh given that Wales was the last place those from the Megalithic culture in the UK ended up at and as already pointed out, Wales has a strange amount of Iberian DNA. Especially in comparison to their neighbours.

>Europe South
Okay, you're definitely a siesta wog.

Iberia is a big place. Anything more specific? Tracing back family names can be helpful as well.

>not worshiping inti
This is why we couped you

My dad looks like a Spanish fisherman in the summer so yeah

fucked by muslims before it was mainstream. that's about it.

No clue mate, need to do some digging around

I'll only focus on Spain since I don't know that much about Portugal. Historically, in our peninsula the native people were Iberians, and to this day we still have genetic influence from them (minimal genetic influence being 60% and max I've seen being 99.7%), we also have genetic influence from Romans, Greeks, a little bit from Visigoths, Carthaginians and another little bit of Celts (celtiberians).

Spain has several languages, Castilian (which is what you know as Spanish), Galician, Catalonian, Aragonese, Asturian, Extremadurian, Cantabrian, Valencian, Balearic, "Silbo Gomero" (search it) and dialects within Spanish such as Andalusian Spanish (don't confuse Andalusian with moors, moors were Andalusies not Andalusians)

I don't have any North African in me so my ancestors weren't blacked

Check churches since they go back. Plenty of online sites have church records that show birth/death/marriage that can help trace back location and a few other things.

Damn, that's impressive. I was under the impression it was just Spanish and Catalonian. It's a wonder they haven't fragmented.

Azoreans are the best people in the world.

We are one of the countries with the highest amount of World Heritage Sites as declared by the UNESCO, only surpassed by China and Italy.
You can check these sites out in: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Heritage_Sites_in_Spain

>conquered by romans
>conquered by moors
>BASED DON PELAYO, in the battle of Covadonga stopped the moor from invading the north
>the moors were divided into little mini counties instead of being a big nation, so the christian kingdoms slowly started to reconquer everything while the moor was declining
>we stopped at Granada
>civil war
>civil war
>Aragon and Castille joined, and started to slowly form "Spain"
>at some point Portugal joined but they chimped out
>Iberia basically owned half the world at some point
>one of the strongest empires in the history of the world
>at some point, during the industrial revolution, our society started to segregate into two groups, liberal and conservative
>the entire XX century was spent by throwing shit at each other, instead of going full industry like UK and France
>finished with Based Franco taking over Spain and paving the way to a monarchy
>when Franco died, we lost the majority of our colonial holdings in Africa
>the King that Franco protected, wanted to go to a more "democratic society"
>we become a constitutional monarchy, we entered the EU, and now we are a shithole because our politicians are absolutely useless and corrupt

enjoy being Iberian

I also forgot for some reason to mention Basque. Basque is a pre-Indo-European language without connections to other European languages. Spanish languages (Castilian, Catalonian...) have some influences from Basque and viceversa though, for example 'Izquierda' (left) comes from the Basque 'Eskerda' (hope I wrote it correctly)
Basque is suspected to be one of the original Iberian languages.

>memeflag
I'm guessing your country has been and is shit then.

How the fuck is Mexico ahead of us? At least 4 of those shitty "Indian" heritage sites have to be British to put us ahead of Mexico right?

WE

WUZ

I love my country and the peninsula but you are retarded if you don't see the actual situation, I'm also guessing you didn't read the post because that's what's literally happened

KANGZ

You're part moor now

We're also one of the countries with the lowest amount of crime rates, also one of the lowest homicide rates of the world, and it'd be even lower if Spain was 100% Spanish.
Pic related are the 2016 Crime Statistics by Nationality of the offender (Spain) in Spanish (don't have them in English)
No idea, plenty of these heritage sites were probably made by us (for example, first universities in the Americas were made by us as far as I can remember) and they also have many Native American sites.

I read the first two greentxts and assumed that you were a troll, it's even worse. You're a self loathing cuck.

You might be, but my ancestors weren't blacked, they must've been from the North.

That's what I was thinking. No way did they do that themselves.

>Andalusian
The word derives from Vandal.

Despite the meme, there's no significant Moorish or Black DNA in Spaniards, pic related (ask me for the source if you want to check out the study). The South of Spain is genetically closer to Basques (pure Iberians) than other regions of the North such as Catalonians (probably because of repopulations) and they're all equally distant to Africans (to the right, SMO/NMO = Morrocans, SAH = Saharuis)

is british education this bad? are you telling me that the peninsula wasn't invaded by Rome and then when the Visigoths were reigning they were conquered by the moors until they were stopped at Covadonga and in France?

>Despite the meme, there's no significant Moorish or Black DNA in Spaniards
That due to the fact that Iberians blacked North Africa. Iberians migrated into the Maghreb, not the other way around.

Portuguese here.
Its simple to be an Iberian.
>respect your ancestry from celts to mudsilms including germanic and goths.
>be proud of the achievements of your grandparents and aim to do even better then them.
>Do whatever you want with yourself and don't stop anyone from doing whatever they want (as long it doesnt hurt anyone else).
>destroy anyone who forces their point of view/belief/religion on you.

Regarding traditions, we have plenty, desu too many for me to list and I'd be missing some. So I'll just post a few.
Pic related, Els Enfarinats (Los Enharinados), a tradition done in Valencia, it's done for the day of the Holy Innocents (28th of December).
>In the day-long festival, participants known as the Els Enfarinats dress in mock military dress and stage a mock coup d'état. Meanwhile, the Casats i Fadrins, accompanied by a band of street musicians called the Rondalla, known by the name of Sonet, Xirimita and Tabal, tour the city. At 8am, the Els Enfarinats take the city under the slogan "New Justice", and at 9am the Race for Mayor will take place in which it will be decided who is to be Mayor of the Els Enfarinats. Then, the act of L'Aixavegó is carried out in the Plaça de l'Església (Church Square), where the Els Enfarinats reside. Here, it is decided that those who do not pay the fine will go to jail. At midday, a collection called the Arreplegada dels Enfarinats takes place through the streets of the old quarter and of the city centre of Ibi, terminating in the Sant Joaquim Sanctuary. They exercise their authority under a blaze of fireworks, flour bombs and eggs. At five o'clock in the afternoon the authority of Els Enfarinats comes to an end giving way to the celebration of the traditional Dansà.
The tradition is over 200 years old.

If you're mainly Celtic you're pretty much more true Iberian than modern day Spanish people are anymore except the Basque. Research the Basque people OP. Modern Spanish have a lot of Arab and Sephardic Jewish ancestry but also some Visigoth ancestry. As Celtic British we are related to the Basque people.

dude I found a way to get rid of unenployment

If you can't find job in 2 years you will be a forced volunteer in Africa or S America. Goodbye pandereta

Honorary Iberian here! Let's do this!

According to the Egyptians, North Africans were tall with Blonde hair and Blue eyes. Then the Iberians migrated into the region and we're left with a people that more resembles inbred kebabs.

Bullfighting. It's a millenary tradition and we all know what it's about so no need to explain it. Another variant is bull-leaping, where people leap and do acrobatics around the bull without getting hit.

Spain are our good friends down there.

Also the chariot Yamnaya people completely destroyed the agrerian Iberian folks and Iberian folks don't have any significantly higher amount of neolithic farmer DNA (founders who built Stonehenge, all the great European neolithic monuments and probably the pyramids a thousand years later) than a British person for example.

It is better to have high Yamnaya ancestry (Scottish and Norwegians) and high neolithic farmer ancestry than simple Iberian ancestry.

Holy Week (Semana Santa), pic related.
>Holy Week in Spain is the annual tribute of the Passion of Jesus Christ celebrated by Catholic religious brotherhoods and fraternities that perform penance processions on the streets of almost every Spanish city and town during the last week of Lent, the week immediately before Easter.
Some major differences between Spanish regions are noticeable in this event: Holy Week sees its most glamorous celebrations in the region of Andalusia, particularly in Málaga and Seville, while those of Castile and Leon see the more sombre and solemn processions, typified by Semana Santa at Zamora and Valladolid. This is a religious holiday.

>A common feature in Spain is the almost general usage of the nazareno or penitential robe for some of the participants in the processions. This garment consists of a tunic, a hood with conical tip (capirote) used to conceal the face of the wearer, and sometimes a cloak. The exact colors and forms of these robes depend on the particular procession. The robes were widely used in the medieval period for penitents, who could demonstrate their penance while still masking their identity. These nazarenos carry processional candles or rough-hewn wooden crosses, may walk the city streets barefoot, and, in some places may carry shackles and chains on their feet as penance. In some areas, sections of the participants wear dress freely inspired by the uniforms of the Roman Legion.

>Iberian
Means you're a pleb. Visigoths are the leaders of that peninsula.

>The other common feature is that every brotherhood carries magnificent "Pasos" or floats with sculptures that depict different scenes from the gospels related to the Passion of Christ or the Sorrows of Virgin Mary. Many of these floats are art pieces created by Spanish artists such as Gregorio Fernandez, Juan de Mesa, Martínez Montañés or Mariano Benlliure. Brotherhoods have owned and preserved these "pasos" for centuries in some cases. Usually, the "pasos" are accompanied by Marching bands performing "Marchas procesionales" a specific type of compositions, devoted to the images and fraternities.

They don't show DNA for visigoths.

pic related is the face of an Iberian

150% Aryan master race

> 5ft 3"

Tomatina, done in Valencia.
>Participants throw tomatoes and get involved in this tomato fight purely for entertainment purposes. Since 1945 it has been held on the last Wednesday of August, during the week of festivities of Buñol.
>Usually the fight lasts for an hour, after which the town square is literally covered with tomato debris. Fire trucks then hose down the streets and participants often use hoses that locals provide to remove the tomatoes from their bodies. Some participants go to the “Los Peñones” pool to wash. The citric acid in the tomatoes leads to the washed surfaces in the town becoming very clean

here you have a pic o a 7,000BP Iberian hunter gatherer

Twelve grapes of luck, done all around Spain for New Years.
>The Twelve Grapes (Sp. Las doce uvas de la suerte, "The twelve grapes of luck") is a Spanish tradition that dates back from at least 1895 but became established in 1909. In December of that year, some alicantese vine growers popularized this custom to better sell huge amounts of grapes from an excellent harvest.
>The tradition consists of eating a grape with each bell strike at midnight of December 31. According to the tradition, that leads to a year of prosperity. In some areas, it is believed that the tradition wards away witches and general evil, although this "magic" is treated like an old heritage, and in modern days it's viewed as a cultural tradition to welcome the new year.

read "The First Global Village: How Portugal Changed the World," its a good book to start learning about us and its by an englishman i think.
also this one:
portuguese-american-journal.com/book-first-templar-nation-freddy-silva-editors-note/
we are the most Templarian of nations, use your Deus Vulter blood well

I realise that my ancestry was pre blacking

trad values, low crime, good food, hairy women, great weather.

Are you offering?

For more traditions, here are around 26 (twenty-six) traditions I can think of off the top of my head, you can search them if you want more info:
Tauromaquia
Tomatina
Sardana
Garrote Vil
Escanciar
Siesta
Guerra de Vino
Matanza del Cerdo
Hogueras San Juan
Procesiones
Feria de Abril
Marzas (Cantabria)
Ferias Gastronómicas
La jota
La encamisá del Torrejoncillo
La Vendimia
Jamón Serrano
Els Enfarinats (Los Enharinados)
Galets
Moros y cristianos
Rapa das Bestias
Tió nadal
Fallas de Valencia
Caganers
Castellers
Entierro de la Sardina

Original Chad

Thank you for your contribution m8, much appreciated

Oh? Even when they were allowing (by being indifferent or unable to solve) the establishment of radical Islamic terrorist training camps off Spain's closest coast to you?

>"Catalonia has been the main hub of jihadist recruitment in Spain for more than a decade and radical Islamists consider it to be occupied land that should be part of a future Islamic caliphate. The region is home to approximately 510,000 Muslims, more than a quarter of the total number in Spain, according to a demographic study by the Union of Islamic Communities of Spain."

politico.eu/article/barcelonas-strong-ties-to-radical-islam/

And with that I think I'm done, here are all my posts for quick access:
(Quick summary: influence, languages of the peninsula)
(World heritage sites)
(Basque)
(Crime rates)
(Genetic distances)
>START OF TRADITIONS BLOCK
(Els Enfarinats)
(Bullfighting and bull-leaping)
and (Holy week)
(Tomatima)
(Twelve grapes of luck)
(List with more traditions)

I'll post some pics from Spain.
>The Roman amphitheatre at Italica (aka Seville)

Then you should research more the Basque people's history rather than Iberian general history. I am British but apparently also have a lot of Iberian ancestry and we're nothing like typical Spaniards but similar to the Basque people instead.

>Castle of Montjuic

>Guadix, Granada (Andalusia)

>Not praising newen.

That's how you lose race wars.

He was from the northern region of Leon
You can read this article if you are interested
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/01/140126-blue-eye-spain-fossil-human-discovery-gene/

The language of future presidents at least it's not Arabic

>Park of Maria Luisa (Seville), 1

>Park of Maria Luisa (Seville), 2

Not convinced desu. Even if it was, why aren't the basques given a separate DNA section?

>Park of Maria Luisa (Seville), 3

Do you work for the Spanish Tourist Board?

Fairly good chance it couldve come from here given our history, but either way, if youre interested in the heritage of this part of the world look up the lusitanians, read the lusiads from camões, and look for roman documents the story of viriatus. For spain i do not know much, except for the asturias and galicians, wich i still know very little of

>Yard of the maiden, Alcazar of Seville
No, just someone who likes his country's history and culture a lot and wants to preserve it (despite its current political and demographic state)

>Peaks of Europe, Cantabria, 1

I am exactly the same at 12% eternal Iberian. Odd.

>Peaks of Europe, Cantabria, 2

>Castle of Peñafiel (Castile and Leon) 1/2

I would love to live there, looks amazing.

And that's it due to the 4MB image limit.
Basques are not a genetic isolate from the rest of Spaniards, Basques are just practically pure Iberians. The rest of regions are also Iberian, with the min. of Iberian genetic admixture being 60%, since the other regions also have Italian, Greek and a bit of Visigoth, Celtic and Carthaginian admixture. Check out for genetic distances. Anyone who says a region is genetically different in a significal way from another region is an idiot.

2/2

Ok that makes more sense

>Alcazar of Segovia (Castile)

Read the Spanish guy who responded to you. He says "basques are genetically pure Iberian". Those are the folks we derive from.

You are a hero for doing this. I just arrived at the thread and feel like the only thing people know about our country is the siesta meme and bullfighing.

I like this pic the best.

>No, just someone who likes his country's history and culture a lot and wants to preserve it (despite its current political and demographic state)
Thanks for this bro

Ok, but the rest of Spain was "pure" at the time when the Basques made their way up to ancient Britain anyway though right?

Because it's by country and not by government.

If they're in Mexico, they're in Mexico.