Literal generals

Are mods ever putting a stop to this?

no rule against generals

I like them

Generals about airing series with lots of posters are a good thing, I don't want the catalogue flooded with threads.
Now fuck off.

The mods are probably participating. The issues is more with the people regularly posting in them anways, they're the cancer.

Daily reminder that no matter how many generals this board will have, it will never ever top Sup Forums just before /vg/ was created. You don't know how fucking good you have it.

I want to see Sup Forums die, so continue, no, make more.

If you're going to complain about generals you should complain about all of them not the only one that you dislike.

Pretty hard to enforce while their shitty show is airing.
Lets just hope that they will be kicked out at the end of the season and that the posters leave with the threads.

I think its fine, only as long as the anime is airing. A monthly chapter isn't sufficient to produce quality threads which lead to cancer festering in those threads.

But retarded waifu war clown fiestas in those threads are the most entertaining thing this board has to offer.

It's okay as long as they have many though posters and make new threads on page 10

They should be moved to /trash/

Just like they did after S1 Right?

I use the catalog all the time but I think the rise of generals on Sup Forums is related to the installation of the catalog etc (and higher post limit).

Kind of stinks. It would be nice if they were given a containment board.

That doesn't even make sense. If anything the catalog lets you see more.

???

Back before the catalog, Sup Forums moved so fast that generals were unsustainable. Nowadays people can go into the catalog and find the "general" thread about SnK.

I don't know what "see more" has to do with generals.

No. Since this is a meta thread and is likely to be deleted, I'd like to remind you all to remember to sage and report off-topic threads, as well as recommendation and saucefag threads. I've noticed an alarming amount of people who neither sage nor report shit threads (not to mention downright spoonfeeding, abetting, or encouraging these entitled pissbabies) and I'd like to remind you that self-moderation is important. At the very least, if you're not going to report, sage instead of bumping rule-breaking threads with nonsense replies.

This is not reddit and sage is not downvote for the record.

It's not the catalog, it's the type of users. There was a period of time where catalog is already a thing and Sup Forums wasn't filled with generals. The type of people that populate Sup Forums has changed, blaming it on catalog is stupid especially since there was a time when catalogs function even when Sup Forums was still moving pretty damn fast.

isn't it supposed to be allowed 1 (one) meta thread per board?

You sage so the shit thread don't go up and stay on the board longer. Don't bring reddit into this crap.

You are full of shit.

There is nothing with generals, as long as people want to talk about the anime it will be there. Do you want random shit to cover the board instead of being contained?

There was a period of time post-catalog/pre-general, but the catalog would inevitably lead to generals (and generals lead to a different type of userbase inclined to make more generals). It was just a matter of time.

Sup Forums needs to be taken back to 2008 tier format and moderation style, imho.

Saging just stops your post from bumping the thread. You can't sage a thread downward.

This isn't a forum

Mods are encouraging generals as well, I've been seeing them delete duplicate threads lately.

>this is how OP wants to see Sup Forums look like whenever something even mildly shitinfusing happens in a show

Sounds good to me. Remember Code Geass Sundays? (Or are you new?)

There are a billion generic vanilla anime forums with "general" threads. Its sad to see Sup Forums get turned into the same. Imageboards should be freer form discussion, with rapid turnover. General posters (and general supporting mods) should go to MAL if they want generals.

before "generals" you had threads about shows but they weren't up 24/7, so you had to remake them. Multiple threads for a single show existed, but it wasn't the end of the world unless it was geass sunday or gurren lagann thursday

>Do you want random shit to cover the board instead of being contained?
Yes. Sup Forums is a thing as a whole.

There was. Mods banned them in 2011. What the fuck happened?

>M-muh safe place
>Sup Forums needs to be taken back to 2008
Be honest OP, you hate SnK. And the rest of you are too little to change anything, either live with it or fuck off.

Thank god i didnt suffer through kemono tuesdays while that shit was airing

That's thanks to sameday subs thanks to simulcasts, back then you had to wait a few days to a week for things to get subs and with that there was no reason to have a thread up before then.

Nowhere in my post did I mention using sage as a downvote, nor did I mention Reddit. You're inventing an argument that doesn't exist. The point is to not bump off-topic threads with nonsense replies that only give the thread more exposure. Seeing someone tell the OP to "lurk more" while simultaneously bumping the thread is nonsense.

I remember. And Geass Sunday was a ton of fun. It was a community event. Sup Forums was a lot more charming and had a lot of character back in the 00s and early 10s when discussion was more freeform and natural. That was the era that made Sup Forums great.

>back then you had to wait a few days to a week for things to get subs and with that there was no reason to have a thread up before then.

so the shit storm was split into two parts, once with the live stream and then again when the subs came out. I don't know what your point is though.

General lovers are the ones who need to lurk more. Lurk more 10 years ago that is.

At least they have different posters, DBS is always up and reaching post limit with sub-100 IPs

Do you have an agenda OP? Post every general .

Came here during the second season and always steered away during the gayass spamdays. Wanting a billion threads of one episode because muh tradishun and 'board culture' is just nonsensical nostalgia. There's no place to actually discuss the show properly because each thread gets like five replies long on average before 404'ing and retard OP's actually fight over whose thread gets the most replies.

I don't really mind generals but some of them are just filled with shipping and garbage fan art like boku no hero academia and shingeki no kyojin.

All the discussion has turned to complete shit.

>last paragraph

You're a fucking assuming idiot.

Filters exist thank god

Have you seen madoka threads lately?

I would rather have that than the current garbage that happens now whenever there's a madoka thread.

All I see on this board is meme threads and generals. 60 threads filtered at any time and still all I see is shit.

And I wish they stayed in those fucking generals but no. They have to make 10 fucking dragonball/fate/jojo/nge/etc that can't be even filtered.

This is what made me stay here.

>Do you want random shit to cover the board instead of being contained?
Yes, generals encourage shitty circlejerks and tripfagging.

If you want stupid "general style" discussion why not go to one of the many other types of forums that offer that type of discussion? Why ruin Sup Forums?

Better to have generals, and people concentrating on a single thread, than several threads with a topic each, all about the sam show.

All in all, it might not seem like the General is a sure fire stop of the aforementioned behaviour, yet it's still better than literally putting a stop to any form of sinkhole thread, which can be ignored easily enough by people.

>Do you have an agenda OP?
Everyone has an agenda, even you.

Actual generals there:
>drawthread
>bnh
>dbs
>one piece
>muv luv
>yuyuyu
>precure
>aikatsu
>kemono
>/ak/
>naruto/boruto
>re:zero
Considering that the other threads are occasional/weekly/don't stay up 24/7 and that some of them are justified by being aired on this season.

You are still missing like half of them. Like those behind filters.

>Better to have generals, and people concentrating on a single thread, than several threads with a topic each, all about the sam show.
No, you can have multiple threads about the same show talking about different things. That's how it's supposed to fucking work, it isn't supposed to be subdivided into all the "fanbases" of different series.

OP do you come to this board to talk about anime, or do you come to get angry about other people talking about anime?

Filters exist for a reason, dont be lazy

>no fun allowed

>They have to make 10 fucking dragonball/fate/jojo/nge/etc that can't be even filtered.

Then imagine if they just made ONE thread for each show at the time so you could filter them easily. LIKE FUCKING GENERALS.

Generalfags and everyone who defends them should be rounded up and banned.

This, increased post limits on every board literally ruined Sup Forums.

No one wants to enter the conversation at 300 posts yet the same fucking threads linger on the first page for days before dying off because few retarded circlejerking autists keep bumping it every 10 minutes till they hit 500 posts and repeat ad inf.

While on Sup Forums and other faster boards this is still somewhat barely tolerable, it's a fucking disaster on slower boards.

It's these "holier than thou" shittalkers on Sup Forums who speak down to everyone else's favorite currently-airing shows that gives this board an elitist asshole feel.

If OP hates generals they were probably around longer than you. Generals used to be anathema to Sup Forums. Nowadays newfags shit up the whole board and say dissenters are driven by "nostalgia"

No one is stopping you to make your own threads, good luck getting replies though

Just make /ag/ geez

Imagine if they just fucked off.

I don't want to filter them, I want them to leave.

this

Sup Forums still had (has) issues, but /vg/ helped a lot

They already have generals and it doesnt contain them at all retard, instead it validates their reddit and tumblr behaviours

No, if they wanted to did something they would have done so when they purged DJT out of Sup Forums.

In fact, generals were encouraged by several mods/janitors when they started to surge dramatically some years ago.

Also this thread made me visit /qa/ but it seems to be axed? What happened?

Might as well just go to r/anime at that point.

Yeah, seeing the same thread on Sup Forums for days on end is obscene. At that point why even have an imageboard at all? Just give us all avatars, signatures and usernames and make us "generic internet anime forum #545".

i don't want to go to /ag/. i want JoJo General #972 to go there and stop taking up space

You don't?

Why not just ban them entirely instead?

Not like current Sup Forums is much better

There should be also /am/ for all those >what went wrong and other shit threads that use current memes in opening posts.

because that doesn't work. they'll just make crypto-general threads instead, which are even worse

Just merge every board and call it Sup Forums - anime/random and be done with it.

Why the fuck was /ai/ allowed to come back? Its even worse than generals

All new mods should be required to have been on Sup Forums for at least 8 years before applying, with a strong appreciation for the board. Otherwise they have no appreciation of what makes (or made) Sup Forums great, and how cancerous generals are.

I remember there being a lot of Valvrave and KLK threads even after generals were starting. If this was pre 2014 Sup Forums there probably would've been a lot of Kemono threads, but I liked it better that way. It sort of happened once with Re Zero. I don't like how nothing happens board wide anymore.

This board has actual Naruto threads. There are no fucking mods.

There is a difference between a general and making concentrated threads for shows.

For most seasonal shows you'll have concentrated threads that last about one or two days at most and usually begin by announcing that there's a new episode. There's nothing wrong with this, since it's useful for shows that have a small audience on Sup Forums since without a concentrated thread the discussion would probably die out really quickly (something like Natsume Yuujinchou).

Then you have concentrated threads that turn into generals and this is where things start to get cancerous. A prime example would be Maid Dragon threads or Little Witch Academia threads. I would say that if there's nothing in the OP that actually brings forth a topic for discussion then it can be coded as a general. These are the types of threads that should be deleted because they're doing nothing to encourage any form of discussion, it's just people posting tumblr and pixiv fanart. At least the jojo and yuri on ice faggots pretend that they have a topic up for discussion with the way they write their OPs.

There are no board specific mods

not sure muv luv, re zero, and yuyuyu are generals. At the very least I'm pretty sure they don't have a thread up all the time.

Do YOU want Kemono to flood the board when a new episode aired? It was the most polarizing anime and was hated outside of its little threads.

Muv luv and re zero certainly do

Seasonal anime can't be generals, why you didn't complained about the other 513895173 seosnal shows that have permanent threads while they air?

This site in general has been ass after the 2011 Sup ForumsGAs, which fucked over the site completely. Now that goot only cares about ad revenue, and not his childhood project (as moot did), there is no reason to put love and care into any of it.

>probably around longer than you
I don't usually like participating in penis wagging games, but I highly doubt that.
I just don't care what other people are doing on this board. They're not going out of their way to be a bother to me, or more likely than not, to you or the OP, either.

yes.

>It was the most polarizing anime and was hated outside of its little threads.
that is precisely why i want it.

I stand by my statement even moreso knowing this.

This, we need to end that fujo/normie hole desu.

Alot of them are just shitposting but its mostly underages who think an anonymous board has to be aggresive at all times or repressed adults who cant take it out on anyone else. Just ignore them.

Why do you make it sound like KF threads are refugee camps?

I don't care. It's not like most of Sup Forums HAD to like any of the shows that flooded the board in the past. Also it probably wouldn't have been more than a couple of threads anyways because it didn't have much attention here until the very end.

Because 90% of the people there are unironic ponyfags

And there goes the board quality!

Why haven't Sup Forums mods adopted the stricter rules of Sup Forums mods?

If it isn't airing or is on hiatus the general is canned and its moved to /trash/