Listen here, fuckers, people on this board are always talking about whats the best anime ever...

Listen here, fuckers, people on this board are always talking about whats the best anime ever, for every attack on titan, for every gundam, for every Naruto, there's that one diamond in the rough that gets completely overlooked:

Case and point

YUGIOH ZEXAL, the greatest anime in product to ever be produced by the japanese. On his deathbed Hiyao Mizayaki's last words are going to be: "I regret not working on Yugioh Zexal."

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Red-Eyes_Fang_with_Chain
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hi five the sky nigga

Finally, someone who isn't a massive fucking faggot who knows that Zexal is one of the greatest pieces of animated media ever made

I'm not sure if this is some kind of bizarre troll thread, but yeah, Zexal's definitely the best yugioh spinoff. It's childish, so someone can legitimately dislike its tone, but this show had its shit together like no other Yugioh anime. It had a vast cast of likable characters, the cards were cool, the duels were emotional, the score was great, and it had the best animation in anything YGO before DSOD. Good show.

Great thread.

No, I am dead fuckin serious, Zexal is one of my all-time favorite animes, and definitely my favorite yugioh show.

Jesus fucking Christ. How can someone's taste be this bad. Like seriously, it wasn't even the best series that season it aired. Especially considering Steins;Gate came out the same season. At least watch better YuGiOh season

I agree, my man.
>better Yugioh season
There is none. DM is only good when it's strictly sticking to the manga's script, the fillers are all shit. Even then, much of the animation is overly dated and the duels are extended for the worse by Hikokubo. GX is a mess, but its goofiness and edginess might appeal to some. 5Ds only appealed to edgefags and the majority of the show is so bad they pretend it doesn't exist. Arc-V is so bad Konami's spending a month trying to wipe it out of the public consciousness.

Sorry friend, it's impossible to watch a better season when Zexal is undeniably the best one

I honestly can never understand the hate this series gets. It's my favorite out of all the children's card game anime.

Also dark magican girl slut version gets me hard

Are you two insinuating that most people don't want to get their game on? GX is probably the best YuGiOh series.

You fucking people

I can give Zexal one thing, it's not Arc V

Hey man, i get my game on everyday, GX is definitely one of the top 3 best Yugioh series

The first series is a shitty adaptation, 5 fuckin Ds is just edgy autists on autismorticycles and Arc V is just "I activate the action spell "Miracle""

Who is best protag and why is it Yuma?

Oh fuck off mate. 5Ds wasn't that bad. I hate how people shit on it because "hurr durr card games on motorcycles." Like seriously, most of it was pretty good.

Someone do a manga storytime of ZEXAL

Shit like this is why I have a drinking problem

hmmm, its hard to decide because each one has their best arcs that makes the series like
>GX supreme king arczexal> GX
I like 5Ds more than zexal. I dont include DM cause it might be nostaliga and I didnt completely watch the series. and this is only the anime.

Like, 5Ds had a lot of good parts to it, mostly the final arc and most in some of the dark signers arc was pretty good but there was a lot of bad filler and wasted characters which isn't necessarily the show's fault, 5Ds was just riddled with behind the scenes shit that really hampered the entire product

all in all, 5Ds isn't terrible, it's just not as good as it could've been

Having shit taste is better than having no taste at all user.

>it's just not as good as it could've been
Just like Arc-V

[spoilers] Do you want more user? [/spoilers]

Are you really gonna sit there and say all of this, yet not even begin to acknowledge all of the bad things about Zexal, like the entire first half of the show?

Like, I get what you're saying and I agree. It definitely fell apart due to that behind the scenes shit. I can't deny that

That doesn't change the fact though that most people give it too much shit and don't give it the credit where credit is due.

You forgot sex cults made them change the whole story.

I think thats what meant by "behind the scenes shit"

>muh sherry muh revenge
what the hell was the point of her? they completely ruin her character after her first introduction. but bruno was great, one of the few times I wish I could actually full blown cry like acdc.

>like the entire first half of the show?
How long are people going to keep spouting this? The first season is fine. People get their panties in a bunch over there being filler, but it's a 140 episode show for kids. Of course there's going to be filler episodes.

nice spoiler dumbshit

you do it like this, you silly sandwich

>5Ds wasn't that bad.
>Like seriously, most of it was pretty good.
Objectively false. Most 5Dsfags pretend everything after Dark Signers doesn't exist, and that's 90 episodes of a 154 episode show. Even then, those first two arcs' quality is seriously exaggerated by the 5ds fandom.

yeah i admit the first half of zexal wasn't reaaallly anything mind blowing and it did have plenty of faults, but to be honest, I actually really really enjoyed it. it might be the first time i've actually enjoyed filler in a yugioh series. also the first half has some of the best duels in Zexal maybe even in the whole series.

>also the first half has some of the best duels in Zexal maybe even in the whole series.
are you daft? did you not watch the final fight?

by final, do you mean the duel with Tron, Dr. Faker or Yuma's final duel with Kite?

I mean, that technically doesn't argue against what was being said. 90 out of 154 is still a majority, and that doesn't disprove that it wasn't that bad.

And while the first two arcs' definitely weren't of the best quality they still weren't bad per se.

the duel with shark. im not saying its the best duel but that s2 had some pretty incredible duels too. cause honestly in terms of last boss fights I dont know whther to pick vs shark or vs dr.faker. but I would probably lean more to shark since I dont like 4-person duels and any more than 2. seems annoying. but thats me being biased.

Dr. Faker was a very lackluster duel, especially on the heels of, really, every other duel in the finals. Dr. Faker was a lackluster villain, every other Zexal villain was better than him. But despite that, Heart-eartH Dragon is my favorite card.

>Implying tomato subs was bad
Zexal I wasn't perfect but it was pretty entertaining.

DM has aged horribly, nostalgia filter aside, GX is either or, despite being top three best. 5D's and Arc-V are heavily weighed down by it's failures even more so on Arc-V part.

Zexal I and II while dragging on at some parts, and can be extremely boring to some people. Is pretty good, however it came after 5D's and 5D's fags like Arc-V fans are delusional and thus the Zexal is bad meme began. Simply because Zexal I is a sugarbowl compared to it's predecessor.

Honestly, I disliked 5D's from the get go. While it's first 64 eps were amazing, I just couldn't get into it. The over the top edginess was beginning to lose it's charm. Zexal I's sugarbowl feeling led me in and how it executed it's plot kept me as a Zexalfag for good.

I know. It's 3 AM, forgive me.

you are forgiven

Sherry was doomed as a character from the start because she's a sexy woman. All she needed was a good dicking. And that isn't a sexist joke she actually just wanted Yusei to fuck her and knock her up.

wow, somebody who actually has the exact same opinion as me

>Sherry was doomed as a character from the start because she's a sexy woman
>she was doomed because she is a woman
sad but true. this is equal sports but somehow women are still sidelined most of the time. either they don't play at all , can't git gud, or because of some other third thing.
another thing I see is they would have cards that would make you think" huh seems like a girls kind of deck". mai had it alexis had it. shit was kind of annoying.

bump

Yuma a shit

>Elder God Tier
5Ds Fortune Cup Arc
5Ds Dark Signer Arc
DM Season 2 (Including Battle city segments from 3)

>Great Tier
Zexal II
Arc-v Pre Synchro
DSOD
GX Season 3
DM Season 1

>Good Tier
Season 0
GX Season 1
DM Season 5

>Okay Tier
Arc-v Synchro arc
GX Season 4
Remainder of 5Ds
DM Season 4
GX Season 2

>Bad Tier
DM Season 3 (excluding Battle city finals)
Zexal
BBT
Legendary Red Eyes Black Dragon

>WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TIER
Arc-V XYZ arc
Pyramid of Light
Arc-V Fusion Arc

At least I see the light and can see that Zexal truly is the peak of japanese animation, or possibly animation of any kind. There really is nowhere to go from here.

hey, solid list my dude

legit, i'm being serious

This is why I fear that Vrains is going to be the new Zexal. An underrated series that's only underrated because fans of the previous series are delusional to the fact their series was absolute crap after a certain point and keep shilling their series or their series to a certain point just to make their delusion go on a little longer.

But the manga version is poorly cobbled garbage.
>According to author Shin Yoshida E'Rah was initially never meant to appear and Kyoji Yagumo was to be the final antagonist; however he developed E'Rah's role after artist Naohito Miyoshi "started grumbling" that he was "sort of tired of drawing Yagumo" and Yoshida hastily came up with E'Rah as a result.

This is legitimately as bad as Z-ONE not being future Yusei.

Can't really argue with this

Breaking this shit up by seasons is needless and just trying to put the best of your favorite show as high as you can.

YGO manga + DSOD >>>> Zexal > DM (anime) > GX > 5Ds > Arc-V

The Zexal manga is fine, about the same level as the GX manga.

5D was shit

But anime Millenniumon World was a shit adaption.

I have it. Quality is kind of iffy though

That entire anime was a shit adaption, Millennium World was just the worst handled of it.

You're shit.

Zexal was shit

Admittedly I haven't read the end of GX, but the Zexal manga end is the artist being a shit and the writer throwing in something awful as a bandaid. Unless the GX manga actually does a complete 180 in the last 2 tanks, it can't possibly be as bad.

>atem and kaiba clones
>not trash

True. I wish we would get a spin-off manga on what really happened in Egypt and not the "Shadows of events passed" to jog Atem's memory.

KINGU and Jesus Fudo were nothing like Kaiba and Atem and you know it.

>a soulless atem clone
>and a failure of a kaiba
yeah they were awful

I felt breaking up the shows was needed since every yugioh seems to either derail or suddenly get into a grove at some point. DM was pretty much the only one that was consistent in it's quality aside from filler arcs. When Arc-V had some of the most conistently great sections of YGO to some of the worst of yugioh, breaking it up helps me place where sections worth watchingshould go instead of Shoving all of Arc-V into shit tier.

You need to read the end of GX, pretty sure their was a storytime on Sup Forums. The final duel was amazing

It actually does, because the author clearly had big plans that he had to cut short due to being cancelled by Konami. He handles it gracefully enough to fit in a good final boss duel, but a lot of plotlines are clearly abandoned. The zexal manga's actual final duel, Yuma vs Astral, was pretty great too.

Yusei always presented himself as calm and collected but with pretty hot blooded. Jack had actual depth to him character and had conflicted morality.

You serious? They're really cheap copies of them.

I liked E'Rah. Though she always poses a question.
[spoilers] If she was Donny 1k's wife, did they do the lewd? [\spoilers]

>When Arc-V had some of the most conistently great sections of YGO
This is a meme. The Standard arc was only hyped because of high expectations the fanbase had for the future. Taken by itself, or taken knowing what's ahead, it's mediocre at best.

>he hasn't watched 5D's

How's the Arc V manga?

Also
>DM Magna + DSOD
I didn't put any non animated YGO in the list but If I did DM(Manga) would be at the top of Elder God tier, Arc-V's in Great so far, and GX in good. I never read 5ds or zexal.

Yes.

Butter than the anime but I heard it's getting canned soon because the anime flopped hard.

I read the first volume. It's ok, some of the character interactions are nice and it takes full advantage of the VR stuff. But I don't have high expectations for it.

yusei came off bland and jack had bad writing since they had to rewrite out the romance with carly

Yusei was the only thing that the manga handled better
At least the anime didn't have this fucker.

I'm talking about pre 64 Yusei and Jack not the ass rapage of their characters post 64 because some bitch had to get involved in a sex cult and ruined a good thing.

>the author clearly had big plans that he had to cut short due to being cancelled by Konami
But that's out of the author's control. Yagumo could have easily used the Strain Anti bullshit, but having to create a new final boss because the artist getting pissy is something hamhanded that I'm going to remain autistic about. I do plan on returning to the GX manga, so I'll probably come back to this in about a week or two.

I disagree. We had:
intrigue built up really well. When you exclude from the shitfest we got later Reiji and Leo held a lot of amorphous potential. Motives and loyalties with XYZ and Fusion Characters were built up really well. And Yugo was interesting when we had no info beyond "pawn of fusion"

A girl with plot development. The "She's the MC" was a meme but Yuzu was without a doubt the most important female character the series has ever had.

Good use of the Duel Gimmick. Before Cross Over, most of the Action Duels were done really well.

The shitshow that follows taints this but before we got fucked. The fanbase was electric and 34 onward.

Where did my attraction to E'Rah come from?
>Donny 1K likes big breasts confirmed.

She may only exist due to typical behind the scenes BS but you can't call her ugly that's for sure.

Zexal had the best girls, at least

>"Best girls"

Finally someone who gets it.

>Where did my attraction to E'Rah come from?
The breasts.

gaysnotwelcome.jpg

favorite card?

dark magician girl

Obviously it's gotta be Yuya's ace card Evasion.

Is Joey the one true best girl

I'm a sucker for Yosenjus, but this one happens to be my favorite out of them.

Someone who hasn't seen GX explain this.

Have you seen this? yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Red-Eyes_Fang_with_Chain