Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/jciscp.mp3
a.pomf.cat/ftvneu.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=KVE1bQH1Ffc
youtube.com/watch?v=i2bORWF1s58
youtube.com/watch?v=E7RIpM6vCa0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZH_tMmaMGO8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Taki has good bros, but they should've had a lot more screentime...

She's a complete slut who takes it in all 3 holes at the same time

I watched the dub version today, and I feel like I would have probably enjoyed it better subbed. It wasn't bad per say, but some parts just came off as a bit cringy. Also, they actually replaced the ost with english songs, which I was not expecting at all. I'm planning on rewatching the subbed version to see if it's any better.

There doesn't need to be a general about a singular movie that hasn't gotten a proper BD release.

Watching it dubbed means your eyes aren't focused on the subtitles, so you get to look around and enjoy the art and scenery more.

That's why I enjoyed watching it dubbed more than subbed, although the movie is incredible either way.

The English versions of the songs turned out amazing too.

What are you watching it with, Binoculars?

I watch anime on a 1080p 23" monitor so I don't really know what it's like for other setups, but the subs in the theater were comparatively a lot smaller than those on PC, occupying like the bottom 5% of the screen. Combined with how big the screen is, it's really tiresome having to constantly flick your eyes down so far just to read the subs and consequently not be able to focus on the visuals as much.

Yeah, when I saw it, the subs were pretty bad. They were way too small and it made focusing on the whole scene hard.

Just got back from watching it a 2nd time, took my parents this time
it's still an amazing movie and they loved it
feels good mane

Mitsuha('s seiyuu) has a message for you: a.pomf.cat/jciscp.mp3

Also damn she can sing, here's her doing On My Own from Les Mis: a.pomf.cat/ftvneu.mp3

I don't know what keeps me drawn to this film. For some reason I cannot stop thinking about it. I'll watch it a third time on the final showing day, hopefully it won't have fucks who laugh at everything, even at the marker drop scene.

Maybe some people just want to talk about it more since they only recently saw it and missed out on the threads before.

Alright, I just came back from my fourth viewing and I noticed something.

Mitsuha has a thing for hedgehogs, and has many hedgehog related items, so I wanted to see if Taki has something too.

He does.

Half Moon.

Though I only noticed during the ramen scene, when he took off his jacket he wore a shirt with the picture of a half moon, and the words HALF MOON on the bottom. His jacket itself has that half moon logo on his left shoulder. His phone's logo on the back is also that of a half moon. Half moons seem to occur a lot in the movie, and during the scene after the Kataware-doki, when he screamed out Mitsuha's name over and over again, he was screaming it at the moon, which was, of course, a half moon.

Can Mitsuha be interpreted to have something to do with the moon? I know the name itself means "three leaves" but "mitsu" can mean also mean "light."

Any thoughts?

where did you guys watch this
local theater, rip or something?

found a way

>tfw no gf like mitsuha

>born 1998
I was not expecting this.

>Mitsuha

I noticed something similar. There were multiple shots of a moon being bisected by a power line. I think the first one happened soon after Taki found out about Mitsuha's death? Or maybe it happened during the scene where you see Mitsuha looking up at the meteor (foreshadowing her death). It usually came before or after a scene with Taki in it. Can't remember exactly, I'll have to wait until the BDs to confirm though.

Didn't notice the other moon related symbolisms though. It definitely appears often enough that I think it's supposed to mean something.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it might have something to do with how the characters felt a sense of incompleteness, searching for their other half? Perhaps the half moon and bisected moon represent that they are separated halves of a whole? Not sure, never been great at interpreting symbolism.

What's with all those hidden themes, how many times did you rewatch it to notice this

do we ever see a full moon? i would interpret the half moon to be taki without mitsuha since he's missing his other half, so to speak

Just got done seeing it, lads you have no idea how glad I am that it ended the way it did. I would've cried out of frustration if it had gone the way of 5cm.

I think this somehow ties in with musubi and how Taki drinks "Mitsuha's half" in order to save her. Everything is musubi.

Not sure about the hedgehog, I might have to watch it again to get it.

I vaguely remember one of my English teachers saying the moon symbolizes femininity.

Incomplete or missing something seems the most likely before you venture down over analyzing.

I feel that people who have seen Shinkai's previous works had an addition sense of anxiety during the last few minutes because we know he's capable of breaking our hearts.

How can you say you love her if you can't even drink her saliva-fermented sake?

True. I was muttering "no, no, no, no...." as soon as they lost sight of eachother. I was about to leap up and yell FUCKING TRAINS

It was discussed in previous threads. Mitsuha has hedgehog stickers on her notebook, hedgehog keychain, sewed a hedgehog picture on Okudera's skirt. You know who else looks like a hedgehog?

Taki.

>there are people born in 2000 who are now 17

Pic related isn't quite a half moon, but that's an interesting find.

I'm going to guess there aren't too many layers to this, as Shinkai mentioned in the guidebook interview that even the whole comet thing started out as a powerful visual icon (rather than a thematic symbol).

But there's enough talk about pairs and halves in the film that you may be onto something. Twilight itself is a halfway point between night and day, so I can see why he'd scatter in other types of "halves" wherever possible.

In my last viewing some guy slammed the railing in front of him (because it separates the lower level) when they almost met at the snowy bridge. Got a laugh out of the rest of the theater.

Hedgehogs bring people together

How can I get a gf like mitsuha?

I would love to. But that belongs to Taki only.

2deep4u

Be a handsome Japanese city boy

I would do it for her saké.

I seem to recall a scene with a full moon that has a power cable or something cutting it in half.

Mitsuha was born in 1996, Taki was born in 1999.

the VA is born in '98

Give me an unarguably objective ranking of Mitsuha's hairstyles right now.

mitsuha has jack shit to do with light. its just the miyamizu family has all the girls names with a number and "leaf". granny was "one leaf", mom was presumably "two leaf", and the sisters are 3 & 4

Mitsuha Cake > Mitsuha Taki > Mistuha > Mitsuha Cut

What the fuck. I was born in '94 and I feel so fucking old right now.

When do I get my epic love story that transcends time and space? ;_;

Maybe you just forgot about her.
I think that's Shinkai's point about love and the longing for the perfect somebody who you feel inexplicably connected to.

Long braided with bow (original) > Ponytail > Cake > Short > Short with bow

Bedhead Mitsuha > all

>really depressed I'll never find true love
>coping by binging on romance shows
Send h̶e̶l̶p̶ 愛

'94 wow standards sure are dropping here

okay I was born in '93 but still wow

I had one of those people on my second viewing too user. It ruined my feels. They even laughed when Mitsuha wiped out on the way back just before she checked her palm

Children get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
'91 here.

The love I feel for this movie just increased a by a lot.

And so did the pain in my heart.

>mfw there are voice actors and actresses that were born in '94 & up, starring in big budget anime series and films
How do they even get into those gigs?
Makes me feel like my life is stagnant.

youtube.com/watch?v=KVE1bQH1Ffc

I love this song so much. All of the insert songs are god tier, honestly.

Sparkle's probably my least favorite for general listening to, but the part that plays when pic related happens has the most emotional impact on me every time.

Be Japanese, female, take part in auditions and have a good singing voice.

The Zenzenzense montage is the most enjoyable montage I've ever seen.

I can't wait for the BD so I can replay that scene over and over again.

No I won't defile its value by watching the shitty torrents online.

A lot of them have parents who get them into training young.

'89
oblivion awaits.

Where'd you find these user?

they are pretty much trained from birth to do the idol thing or otherwise just extremely lucky to get a gig like this

>tfw 26 yo NEET virgin while people younger than you already have successful careers

it's from a cd she released, same one that has her version of the your name ed

youtube.com/watch?v=i2bORWF1s58

Cry with me, anons.

Just embrace it.

This one is my favorite from Mitsuha's VA
上白石萌音 アルバム”chouchou”より「366日」short ver.
youtube.com/watch?v=E7RIpM6vCa0

delet this

Oh holy shit, I just realized Kataware-doki is basically the piano version of Yumetourou.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZH_tMmaMGO8

omedetou