Oregairu / Yahari

when are we gonn' get an S3 Sup Forums?
it's been almost 3 years

we haven't included Irohas in the equation yet.

maybe even Saika too

Volume 12 when?

2 years. It's been 2 years and 17 days, or 748 days since the date the show started airing. That is not "almost 3 years". Holy shit why are so many people on this site dyscalculic?

Yui is a bad dog

How Likely is it that yukino wins the hachiman bowl?

100%

There was an ova a year ago, It's about Iroha even.

I want to bully Yui!

Ebina has way more chance than that asshat,
2 passives don't exactly do shit unless it's 8man himself that makes a move if his character "develops"
she's too passive.

imo right now running in 1st place is Yuigahama
2nd is Iroha
then everyone else
last place is this Yukinope.

the only thing that's keeping her on the top in the eyes of everyone else is the cookies,

take that off and she's at the same level as everyone else that is not Yui or Iroha.

Yui means well but is doing more damage than good

>when are we gonn' get an S3 Sup Forums?
When vol 12 comes out because that all there's left to adapt.

0%

There is a reason there has been such a delay and it isn't because there is a Yukino end.

>imo right now running in 1st place is Yuigahama
That is true. I can't a romance end with anyone but Yui.

Watari gave up on the novel, edition won't let him end on his ways
Now all we have is snarky voice actor dick sucking

>yuifags this delusional after getting their cake that was ANOTHER
i swear on me granny name you bellends are the worst

At least Yui got a romance end. No other girl will.

It is definite executive meddling. If WW wrote a simple Yukino end it would be out by now. Chances are he wrote something explosive and would be hated.

Chances of Yukino x Hayama end?

High. Nothing else would piss off people enough to not release the novel. Most people could accept a loner end, a friends end, a Yui end, an Iroha end, and especially a Yukino end. Nothing would be worse for the series' sales but a YukinoxHayama end. The editor knows this. WW knows it to so that is why he wants one of this other works to strike gold.

WW is probably writing the end WW wants, not what the suits and what the fans want. After this last delay Yukinofags are finally understanding that there won't be payoff for them so they don't post much anymore.

I can't see why Sup Forums praise this so high.
The only decent characters are the cake sensei and sexual identity crisis trap.
8man is egomaniac autistic.

I think it'd be easier for his other works to strike gold if he finished Yahari.

Yes but he wouldn't write the he wants. The fans would hate him so much that a new work would never get any support. that is why he wants a foothold before this series ends. If enough people like his other work they won't mind how Oregairu ended.

If he was just going to write a Yukino end it would have been released in early 2016 and he would have had all the goodwill in the world. But he didn't. The only end that could enrage an entire fanbase is a YukinoxHayama end.

What if the Yahari ending pisses them off so much they boycott his other works?

If he has a fanbase that already like his other works they will ignore Oregairu. Establishing a base before pissing anyone off is the best thing to do.

But wouldn't that make the fanbase of his new work worried about how he treats his fans?

Some of these Yuifags really need to consider what the fuck they're typing.

At first it was "Oh a Yukino end is expected the series is called wrong as expected so therefor Yui wins 100%" and now it's "Oh the series is delayed that means it's going to piss people off and be a Yui end".

It's embarrassing that that's all they have to say and that there's so rarely an argument that's actually based on the words inside the light novels.

His artistic integrity would encourage his new fans. His other stories don't have the same tone or set up. Like it or not YukinoxHayama is set up perfectly in this story.

>"Oh the series is delayed that means it's going to piss people off and be a Yui end".
Said no one. I just don't think a Yukinox8man end will happen.

You can't ignore that this novel has been delayed way too long for something not to be fishy. There are only three things that could be why:
1. Coincide with the anime, is there ever is another one.
2. WW hasn't written it
3. Editors/Executives hate the ending he has written and won't publish it

Option 1 is off the table since the novel was announced for the 18th only to be indefinitely delayed. The only thing that could cause option 3 is a YukinoxHayama end.

>that there's so rarely an argument that's actually based on the words inside the light novels.
Fucking read them. No way you can say that there isn't a real chance it could happen. Nothing has made me more confident that there will not be a Yukino after the latest delay.

How can Editors/Executives prevent him from writing his story? Can't he just go and publish with someone else? What is their leverage and why do they care that much if it's the last novel anyway? Wouldn't unconventional or bad end only encourage initial sales? It would sure as hell kill the sales of the next novel in the series but if this one is the last does it matter?

>How can Editors/Executives prevent him from writing his story?
They probably didn't, it has probably been written. They aren't releasing it. They may release it when no one cares anymore.

>Can't he just go and publish with someone else?
No, he is under contract. He does that and he won't work again in the industry and get sued.

>What is their leverage and why do they care that much if it's the last novel anyway?
Character goods (this makes more money than novels), company reputation, and good will.

>Wouldn't unconventional or bad end only encourage initial sales?
Not in Japan. Book burning the second something unpleasant is confirmed.

>It would sure as hell kill the sales of the next novel in the series but if this one is the last does it matter?
It still matters. The last volume of haganai was a complete shitshow due to writer executive fueds.

Hopefully WW will budge. I want my Yukino end.

Joint ownership. One cannot create new content without the other approving it.
Author can refuse to write new stuff and thus the series is effectively over or the editor deems the series unsuccessful and cancels it.
The editor can refuse to let a story be published and the author can refuse to write something they don't want to write.

They each have power over the other and in most circumstances they will work together.
The issue is that sometimes an author is terrible but has a good editor. As such a great story can be started but become terrible over time due to disagreements between the author and editor. If the author isn't dependent on the income and isn't concerned with their relationship with publishers then that could mean the end of a series people used to enjoy.

I want what the writer envisioned. The end I think will happen is supported by the material so it wouldn't be an asspull.

I think it is cheap just to want your ship to be true and ignore everything else.

"There were hints" as opposed to "the whole fucking story centered around this". Sure man, whatever you say.

Hey man, the story at no point revolved around romance between 8man and Yukino. Their relationship as humans was the focal point. They can end up with whoever romantically and that won't change. Yukino being with Hayama doesn't go against what this series or Yukino's character is all about.

>S3
>It's been 2 years since S2
>There's still no V12

Holy fuck what is Watari doing?

Lamenting on whatever happened to Girlish Number. Which, in my opinion is tons better than Yahari.

Perhaps it's a culture shock thing for you but generally speaking the relationship between husband and wife is much stronger than the relationship between 2 friends.

As such it wouldn't make sense for Yukino to become romantically involved with anyone except Hachiman assuming she cares about him the most and he's not in a romantic relationship with someone else.

I mean it's conceivable that 8man ends up alone or with Yui and Yukino is with Hayama in a timeskip but I find this outcome unlikely. Besides even if that were what Watari wanted to do it wouldn't contribute much to the story and no editor would let it happen. I'm not saying that authors shouldn't have full control of their series but that's how things work.

Hayama and Yukino obviously have a stronger, more emotional relationship with each other than 8man and Yukino. They still have a huge effect on eachother and their relationship is very personal. 8man and Yukino don't even know if they will be acquaintances for even another month. Yukino and 8man's relationship isn't that deep. 8man treads way far from anything personal about her and she doesn't care too much about personal things for him. They wouldn't need a timeskip, relationships could be executed now. Volume 10 really set it up well. Yukino hit an epiphany at the end of vol 11. She told Yui not to put feelings in her mouth since Yui was under the probably false assumption that Yukino loved 8man.

Those two are forces to change eachother, nothing more. Maybe they will be friends but is likely they will part and live the rest of their lives. They will have a positive effect on eachother. That is the core, not romance.

>assuming she cares about him the most
She may not care too much about his romance. I do think she does care about him, she wants him to be better, but not to the extent of destined lovers like some people to portray her and 8man.

>no editor would let it happen
Hence the delay and why I am so certain. Maybe you don't like this sort of end but as the days go on it seems more and more likely.

>Hayama and Yukino obviously have a stronger, more emotional relationship with each other than 8man and Yukino.

No point in continuing to read after that. It's pointless to continue this conversation. If you really believe that then I'll just agree to disagree with you.

Just think about the series. Hayama existence causes and emotional reaction in Yukino, 8man could barely get anything but a cold stare through most of the series. Hayama is always conscious of her and she makes him feel the most.

Even if you disagree with me on some things you have to admit that Hayama's and Yukino's relationship is more personal than 8man's and Yukino's.

idk overall I think he makes some fair points

i'm a yukinofag but i guess i wouldn't be THAT upset if she ended up with hayama in the end. then again at this point i'm willing to take basically anything as long as the fucking story is finished already.

It really isn't outside the realm of possibility and would explain the delay quite easily. I am not married to the idea but it is food for thought. If nothing else I am sure people won't be shocked.

8man and Yukino will be boring as fuck as far as i'm concerned.Good doujin tho.

This show was too deep for me

>be yukinofag
>don't want to see yui cry
What do? At this point I'm starting to think that the Sensei end should happen just so that Yui and Yukino at least still have each other

Yui cries all the time. She will be a bit hurt but it isn't as if she would leave Yukino as a friend. I bet within a month she'd be back to being friends with Yukino and 8man. No matter the end they will be together.

That's a really shallow way to look at her.

But it's true. How is it shallow? She will learn more and has learned the importance of the relationships she has built with both 8man and Yukino. Not being able to become 8man's girlfriend won't change that. Remember, she had every opportunity to shut Yukino down and take 8man for herself but she didn't.

WATARUUUUUUUU, FINISH THIS SHIT ALREADY.

I don't get it how anyone will want to follow his other works knowing that he might pull shit like this again. That's career suicide imo.

remember Yui will end with Hayama so all Yuifags can hang themself now

Seriously why would I or anyone else want to start reading new work from him if we now know that he can say his fuck you to everyone and just never end it?

I will waiting for your apologies for when Yukino and Hayama get together. Every single Yukinofag is worried about it and this delay only adds to it.

Yui may not get her Hikki but I can guarantee Yukinox8man won't happen.

you're just delusional, you know she will win 8bowl and Wataru is just hack who wrote himself into corner and doesn't know how to actually finish it

Yeah, keep believing that. You won't be able to erase the doubt so I hope you at least prepare yourself for the dread when it ends how I said it will.

The novel was even announced for release and pulled a month later. You are delusional if you hold on to a Yukinox8man end. A loner end, a Yui end, or a Iroha end is far more likely. In all three cases Yukino will either be involved with Hayama or out right dating him.

How can yukino even compete with this?

Everything that is/was happening with release suggest some struggle between author and editor/publisher, and not him being unable to finish it. Isn't this second time it's being delayed?
Nice digits btw.

>reading japanese sites
>they're bullying Yui and saying she won't have an end
>they call her selfish and self serving for her actions in vol 8 through 11
Nips barely understand their own novels.

why is yui so ugly

t. Yuipollfag

Can't speak for anyone else but that's why I like 8man.
He's less egomaniac and more social suicide for the sake of others though.

Because you have shit taste.
Yui is by far the best choice, physically she's 8/10, wide hips, reasonably sized breasts and fertile.
Mentally she's a bit shy, compromising, submissive, caring and natural maternity instinct.

I doubt he knows moon.

It is troubling what is going on. He hasn't been posting on twitter much. This is the first time a date has been announced only for them to back out of it.

I don't like the sound of a disagreement between the publisher/editor and WW because that will probably lead to a protest end or no end. I wonder why they even be having a disagreement.

This, Yui is a goddess.

>I wonder why they even be having a disagreement.
Ending probably. As much as I hate to, I have to agree with yuifags that if we would be getting safe Yukino ending or even loner ending it would be already released. Anyway I doubt it's money, but who the fuck knows when it's comes to nips politics.

Yui is ugly on the outside as well as the inside

>safe yukino ending
then why don't you come to the conclusion that it's not going to be a "safe" yukino ending

>implying those three won't be in ipputasai

I'll end with them being GENUINE friends

I think it will be a downer end. It would fit the series.

I don't buy the Hayama and Yukino ship since it really wouldn't make sense. The thing is I can't think of what could trigger a two year editor block that would fit the series. I know they wouldn't delay it over blowing Yui/Iroha out since many series have heroine getting crushed, like oreimo. The club being ruined is almost a given so that wouldn't do it. An unsuccessful romance between Yukino and 8man may do it but unlikely, even a wait for me end wouldn't do this. I think it might be a full blown bad end with a silver lining.

Not him but I am not seeing a safe Yukino ending. I am not seeing any heroine end. Yui got ANOTHER but the main take away from that is the lack of genuine, not that there was "romance" that will probably fall apart.

>not that there was "romance" that will probably fall apart.
That's wrong.

What if it's not just about Yui and Iroha, but an even bigger thing.

>That's wrong.
I am pretty sure Yui and 8man's relationship in ANOTHER won't last. The foundation isn't there. Feel free to disagree with me.

>What if it's not just about Yui and Iroha, but an even bigger thing.
NTR? Suicide? I am not seeing what would be so bad to be released that would make sense in the story. I am thinking Komachi will fail her entrance exam. That might be it.

>I am pretty sure Yui and 8man's relationship in ANOTHER won't last. The foundation isn't there. Feel free to disagree with me.
I was disagreeing that there was romance to begin with. Another has to be the most emotionally drained and uneventful ending anyone could have gotten.

>promise me you'll go on another date with me
>yeah okay I guess

Wow, amazing. I'm glad Watari wasted everyone's time for a year so he could write that.

What about every single relationship Hachiman has built up with other people ever since he set foot in the service club except for one falling apart. An ending like that would be pretty controversial.

To Yui it was romance.

>What about every single relationship Hachiman has built up with other people ever since he set foot in the service club except for one falling apart. An ending like that would be pretty controversial.
That would be a terrible end, it would send a poor message and wouldn't show us what 8man even learned. I doubt Yui would fuck off unless she was told to. I can't imagine Saika, Saki, Zaimokuza etc. even having a bridge to even burn. Burning Sensei somehow would be interesting. Hayama, Sagami, Miura, Ebina, and Tobe could barely give a shit about him if he got a harem end or a loner end. Haruno only cares about her little sister, her little sister happens to be close to 8man. The only people who could get deeply hurt by him is Yui, Yukino, and maybe maybe Iroha.

I don't think it would be THAT controversial, but besides that I am not sure it makes sense..

>Chances are he wrote something explosive and would be hated.

Sensei end confirmed.

>Hayama and Yukino
It's only shipped by trolls to make everyone mad.
>two year editor block
I believe it was more of a break to work on girlish number or whatever it's called than a block. But still 2 years with no explanation, announcing release only to delay it indefinitely 2 weeks before release seem shady as fuck.
If it was his fault and he didn't make the deadline, shouldn't he apologize for it? "Sorry, my fault didn't make the deadline", nobody would be mad for this, shit I would celebrate fact that he at least confirmed that he was working on it.

>It's only shipped by trolls to make everyone mad.
I am pretty sure a certain individual who posts in these threads often believes it.

>If it was his fault and he didn't make the deadline, shouldn't he apologize for it?
I am thinking it isn't his fault. He did tell people a while ago that he was writing and working hard without any context so people might actually be bad. There seems to be bad blood and I wouldn't like that. I would prefer he was lazy and not at war with his editor. On the other hand it could be that he actually didn't work on it, the publisher set a date to pressure him, and then this happens.

HayamaxYukino shipping it's not only here, once in a while someone tries it on 2ch, but no one bites.
>I would prefer he was lazy and not at war with his editor.
Me too user. This way we will have his original vision with no compromises only to release it.
>publisher set a date to pressure him
Well this fits version about his laziness. Not sure how his work ethic is now with other novels, but when he was actively working on oregairu he was releasing volume every ~half year. So what happend to him.

>once in a while someone tries it on 2ch, but no one bites.
Those are usually troll posts. They usually involve pregnant Yukino and Hayama getting Yui too. It isn't taken seriously. Though they are more than willing to troll later on.

The thing is his work ethic is pretty good. If he isn't writing it is either because he actually is too busy (no evidence), he just doesn't care about it anymore, or he actually has no plans on how to end it.

The more I think about it the more I think it might be an editor block. WW has everything to lose from the novel being delayed like this. The publishers lose too but in the court of public opinion WW is the criminal.

>"Senpai, yesterday was my birthday you know. I"
>"I get angry you know"
>Iroha pout and 8man panicked
>she whisper "I am a bit lonely"
>8man sweat bullet
>"forget about it. How about giving your own body to me?"

I-ro-ha-su!

>the publisher set a date to pressure him
There is this prolematic show this season that have problem with their deadline. The ending is rushed because they need to make room for next season. They break nicodouga's all time record for top 10 lowest stream rating

How about she gets shot in the face by a redneck.

>the 2nd season will end up on a depressing note no matter what
Was this written before s2 aired?

The funny thing is the end of season 2 was a little uplifting and hopeful.

Chances she'll get a happy ending?

I already know it's zero

I don't think people actually want "the author's original vision" or anything like it. Stories are generally improved when working with other people. If books really sold more when authors got to do whatever they wanted then editors wouldn't be necessary.

If anything you should be thankful that the series is being delayed assuming of course it's an issue between Watari and his editor. It's still very possible that Watari was never a skilled writer and his editor was the backbone of the series. In that case the editor is the only one keeping hot garbage from being published.

That's bullshit because the LN is much better than the anime. The problem is that the anime and LN are so disconnected from each other that the ending Watari initially had in mind won't make sense to anyone.

Who cares about the anime? Vol 12 as of now has no anime counter part and none planned.

Focusing exclusively on the novel it will make sense for those who read it. Animefags will be confused by Yukino's actual motivation, Yui's character, and what 8man actually wants. They have always been confused so why bitch about it now?

The editor is probably
>Editor: We need to appease the waifufags. You can't give it a loner end, a depressing end, or a HayamaxYukino end. You will lose yourself money and us money. Please reconsider, as an adult.
>WW: In the name of artistic integrity and to follow my vision for this story it must have this ending, even if it seems unpleasant. The story will lack any merit if we throw out development in favor of cheap fanservice just to make sure a few retards don't burn a book or two. I am sorry but I have to remain firm on this for the sake of not cheapening my work's value.

The story has always been about Hachiman and Yukino growing closer together. Them ending up together would not cheapen anything. It's ANOTHER, the visual novel and the anime in general that have cheapened the series.

Good Irohasu, everyone!

Yes, if that is the end WW wants. The thing is the editor wouldn't cockblock a end where Yukino and 8man get together.

>the VN
He didn't write it and he isn't the legal rights owner of the IP. The story hasn't been cheapened by his hand.

>ANOTHER
He did write it but it was meant to serve as a lesson that getting a girl isn't what will make 8man happy, Yukino's nature to deffer for other people's happiness, and that Yui is not all rainbows and sunshine.

Yeah, that fucking VN is the worst piece of shit of all time. Sensei being a bad end? Get the fuck out of here.

That was actually hilarious.

>Ignore all other females
>end up with a goddess

I guess you are right

I mean, objectively speaking sensei is a bad end. The age difference alone would probably screw both of them over socially. Sensei is also a clingy and desperate person. It would probably be fun for a little while, but I understand why it's a bad ending. Sensei simply missed her chance to find a meaningful relationship in her life.

I can see now way how that relationship could work in the long run. He would probably dump her before finishing uni.

*no way

The winner of the 8bowl is not on here

Holy shit his little sister has bigger tits than Yuki? Poor girl.

This. Editor want the safe Yukino, WW said no.

I can't tell who's hooters are larger between Sensei and Gahama-san.

Sensei's appear bigger at first but then you realize that Gahama-san is in a position that makes hers look smaller than they are.

Are there official measurements? Is Gahama-san's bust larger than 95cm?

So main heroine (yukino) won't win 8man bowl I will be legitimately surprised