KyoAni

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Bl-T1QnWww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nichijou is literally the only good thing on the right.
What a fucking disaster.

>No more 30k from nichishit onwards

Truly the beginning of the debacle

I still can't believe Clannad went after Haruhi or LS, it looks older

I honestly can't believe this happened, but yeah, KyoAnus don goofed up.

Keyshit belongs in a place outside time and space, its shittiness eternal.

Having not watched any of these, I can only say that everything on the left looks better.

Nichijou is unironically the best of the bunch. Both fomr left and right

Nothing good on the left. Haruhi, FMP, Lucky Star and Key have aged horribly. You can't unironically think they're better than the works on the right without lying to yourself.

Haruhi is still the best.

And this is why Nu-Kyoanifags are cancer.

>Nu
You mean legitimate? Since no one who knows anything about animation would enjoy the garbage on the left more.

>left side: shit
>right side: sparkly shit that is somewhat pleasurable to the eye

Why is the left better?

I like most but not all shows on either side

Why Pre and Post K-on when K-on is obviously a rip-off of Lucky Star?

Not much. KyoAni has always been hit or miss for me after watching everything from them.
On the left, I like FMP, Haruhi, LS, and Clannad. On the right, I like Hyouka, Amagi, Hibike, and Maid Dragon.
The rest are dislikes while some are inbetween like Nichijou and Tamako's movie.

By "knowing anything about animation" you mean enjoying polished turds?

That's like saying Aria is a rip-off of Azumanga Daioh

>>oh look at me blabbering about better animation means better product!

no fuck you, i bet you lick shaft's dick and say monogatari series are artistic as well

Fuck off. Nobody shares your newfaggot tastes.

Because OP thinks so.
imho even if its quality can be arguable, there was no better time for anime than now, and I've been watching anime since '94.

The right looks so much better

People who use terms like "polished turd" are just impressionable internet children trying to discredit craftsmanship they dislike

This person in particular is just pointing out a fact though.

I don't understand, where is the problem exactly?

That nu-kyoani is barely watchable?

It's just your opinion.

More like alternative facts created by years and years of internet garbage culture and misinformation.

How so?

I don't see how it's any worse than Keyshit, Munto, or Haruhi TV.

Nah, it's objective reality.

>anime has a male protag
>clannadman rehash

They need to hire a new character designer.

>Haruhi TV
A masterpiece?

almost got me there OP good one bucko

>It's just your opinion.
vs your opinion, and your opinion, see pic related.

Nothing. They were always bad.

No, polished turd has a precise meaning. You should look it up.

Haruhi, Lucky Star and Full Metal Panic will be nigh unwatchable years from now whereas the superb production behind K-On, Hyouka and Nichijou is timeless like Eva and Bebop. Keyshit is like a mix of alien designs and amateur craft and no one cares about Munto.

What is a clannadman rehash

>pre K-on
>it's all shit
>post K-on
>some of it is good

If you think LS will ever become unwatchable you're a retard. I'd rather watch 24 hours of LS than rewatch K-On

Then you would know that post K-ON has one of the best shows in the world.

Unless you're one of them clowns who cares about numbers.

At least you're honest about being a shit taste pleb.

>some of it is good
More like it's all shit and some of it is horrendous. PW and TM alone are some of the worst series of the last 5 years.

Just like your taste

How many of "Nu-KyoAni" shows have you watched?

>implying
My favorite anime of all time is Clannad

Every single one. Phantom World was the first time I ever dropped a show though(Ep. 7)

>PW and TM alone are some of the worst series of the last 5 years.
Not even close, newfag.

Why is K-On! the "turning point"?

Not accounting for terrible taste like yours.

Comments by Toshiyuki Inoue:
>Their recent projects definitely reach the "limits of the medium"
>the animation is very rich and full, and has excellent control
>K-ON is the pinnacle of Japanese TV anime
>I'm praising them very much, but I can't help
but praise them right? (laughs)
>KyoAni has without a doubt advanced Japanese animation
>if K-ON were made 20 years ago, it'd have been a landmark achievement
>if I had to compare it to another series? Perhaps "Heidi, Girl of the Alps", even though the subject matter is very different
>The consistency of quality also reminds of "Heidi" or "Sanzen-ri"

What a stupid post. People still watch and enjoy the original Gundam, a truly timeless masterpiece despite the poor animation quality.
Meanwhile modern Kyoani's seasonal forgettable schlock is already forgotten the moment it finishes airing, production values or not.

Every single KyoAni male MC is plain and short haired. People shit on their girls most of the time but at least they have variety.

>newfag
You're projecting senpai.

Tamako Market was better than Haruhi (TV) and Love Story > Disappearance

It's hilarious how forgettable KyoAnus shows are

How do they do it?

>My favorite anime of all time is Clannad
Opinion discarded

>some faget disagrees with me
Oh no.

Tamako Market was shittier than SAO

What's yours?

Why isn't it a masterpiece?

Munto

>PW and TM alone are some of the worst series of the last 5 years.
Don't be silly. The craft involved alone puts them above dozens of other anime in the last 5 years.

Amagi and Hibike were more watchable than Hyouka and KnK.

Toshiyuki Inoue is one of the most important animators to ever live but an idiot who doesn't recognize him, is exactly the kind of idiot to hate on Kyoani. No understanding of the medium.

Hilarious.

Who gives a shit. A polished turd is still a turd, craft means fuck all for its value. All it means is that animation money got wasted on unwatchable trash.

>>if I had to compare it to another series? Perhaps "Heidi, Girl of the Alps", even though the subject matter is very different
What a fucking retard.

That's just an appeal to authority.
>quoting some fag makes my opinion more valid
Grasp at some more straws retard.

I really need to give Nichijou a rewatch. I don't understand why it's liked so much when its flaws outweigh the positives.

A polished turd is still better than an unpolished turd and there are innumerous unpolished turds in anime.

I have to admit that none of the shows on the left has writing as good as Hyouka.

Now even shit tier studios like deen can outsell kyoani with minimal effort, what went so wrong bros?

A lot of them made by KyoAnus.

Unironically true.

No it demonstrates the disconnect between those in the anime industry who as a whole idolize Kyoani works whether it be Trigger, P.A Works, Inoue, the creator of Votoms and Dougram, Makoto Shinkai or the Vinland Saga author and anime fans who have no understanding of what makes the medium worthwhile and get all their knowledge from internet memes, Sup Forumsmentality and misinformation perpetuated time and time again.
Like this posters and yourself

They decided to not pander to otaku. Guess how that went lmao

Both me kek. Also your point is retarded.

After K-On success went to their heads and they thought that they could sell 30k of copies of any generic shitty LN just by slapping their sameface and their trademark forced moe and overanimation on it.

Why is GodAni so perfect?

>minimal effort

I thought KyoAnu made polished turds. Make up your mind.

BTFO every other studio

No, he's right. It's an appeal to authority and nothing else. You're adding nothing to the discussion and just parroting the opinion of someone else that should be taken in consideration solely because of his position.
You're the cancer killing any constructive debate.

Kyoani have a eternal legacy so you can keep bringing your sales shit everywhere.

I know right?

>KyoAnu too poor to hire enough animators for their shows
Absolutely disgusting.

There's never any constructive debate in these threads.

Not an argument to defend your shitpost. If you don't like the thread don't post in it.

Eternal legacy of shit perhaps, just look at OP pic

>moe
>moe
>harem
>moe
>moe
>gay shit
>moe
>harem

>pre-K-on
>moeshit

>post-k-on
>moeshit

wtf kyoani

I'm not even the guy you were replying to. There's no discussion or debate.

GodAni is a studio that will exist 100 years from now

>That many animators for Hand Shakers
>The animation was absolute shit

This has to be bait.

No the cancer killing constructive debate are the people who lack the research and the knowledge required to understand animation. The cancer are the people who show no care towards craft and value a superficial semblance of competent longform storytelling while deciding that directors, animators, color designers, background artists, storyboarders, sound editors may as well not exist. The cancer are the creators of threads like these, studio warmongers. sales shitposters who just throw numbers left and right without context to justify their taste, ignorant psuedocritics who constantly take critical shortcuts and justify their stance by the idea that negativity = legitimacy of argument, internet memers who remain stubborn to the core and repeat passe arguments from years ago that are decidedly disconnected from the realities of anime production and those who spread the lies across the community as we remain in this cycle of ignorance and misinformation.

Shut up faggot

>Median: 10 animators made this
youtube.com/watch?v=_Bl-T1QnWww

>No the cancer killing constructive debate are the people who lack the research and the knowledge required to understand animation.
You have shown no proof of "understanding animation" whatsoever in this thread, just waved around the notion and posted someone else's opinion.
>The cancer are the people who show no care towards craft and value a superficial semblance of competent longform storytelling while deciding that directors, animators, color designers, background artists, storyboarders, sound editors may as well not exist.
Nice strawman. Let me break this to you, since you may have forgotten after years of vapid Kyoani shit: competent visual direction and original, meaningful, ambitious, thought provoking even storytelling aren't mutually exclusive.

I really liked the sounds for that scene.

KyoAni hasn't made anything good since The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.