Is he still the strongest in the game? I've been out of the mix since 2005

Is he still the strongest in the game? I've been out of the mix since 2005.

If not what's stronger?

Konami recently went full madman and altered to rules of the game in such a way that it ruined most current decks.

that's a good thing

How so?

nekroz was really strong but konami had shit taste and got rid of them

stopped playing around when nekroz got banned which was like in 2015 or so, don't know what the current meta is

I was a Shaddoll player and quitted right after I sold the deck back when Construct was still at 3. I just got sick of the game's attitude to release new metas and banning them right away, and over time I realized I was more sickened by the community that supports this habit.

They changed how extra deck summoning works. There's now a 6th zone for extra deck monsters (above monster zone 2 and 4) but their new summon type, Links, allows zones outside of that space to have extra deck monsters

He wasn't even the strongest in his own series

>only winning the duel

Bow down to your master

yeah shaddoll's were really cool, and I agree about what you said, they release all these cool new decks then like 6 months later they ban them and release the new flavor of the month

i haven't played this game in ages too, how the hell do you summon this without the parts being destroyed?

You win by having the parts on your hands, not by summoning them

Its even on the head description

It only ruined the "centers on getting out xyz" part. The "base" of many other archetypes still work. Links is just scaling the things back. For example, a Darklord deck now would actually be about the Darklords rather than using Darklord to xyz summons.

Yamero

wait does that mean all three cards on the field or can I toss them from my hand.

Is that real?

So, most decks up till now were strongly based in special summoning a shitload of powerful monsters from your extra deck (if you dont know, they monsters akin to fusions, but easier to summon) as soon as possible. Most good decks would have a full board turn one, and would win turn 2/3.

They changed it so you can only summon one monster from the extra deck unless you have a very specific setup already.

Wouldn't you win just by reducing your opponents life points to zero anyways? Whats the purpose of the cards special effect?

The conditions to pull it off is much harder, though.

duel is like 1 game

match is like 3 whole games, so if you play this in a tournament you just automatically go to the next round, I htink

They must be on the field, then you tribute all three for her and win the duel

But what if mirror force?

You win the entire match set, not just the game

Because a Match and a Duel are different things.

Say goodbye to Exodiaaaaa

Isn't that how it usually works?

Yes, its real. I think it got banned, but everyone would just concede the duel when they realized the victory dragon would kill them. Given that the duel ended before the dragon effect activated, you just lost a duel, not the whole match.

Seriously? Shouldn't god cards be harder to summon?

>A Match (マッチ Matchi) is a best-of-three set of Duels.

still having 4 cards on your hand for jackshit is highly unnpractical

Except when the strategy of your deck is not drawing normally but drawing all your deck in one turn , like any decent exodia deck did.

You only need to summon God of Light and there are plenty of cards to help you search out the other gods.. Victory Dragon requires you to 1. attack 2. directly and be dealing 3. the finishing blows.
Much easier to block attacks than to block a summoning.

Too bad that on his own he still gets shat on by Infinity.

I always thought this game was retarded but this is a whole new level.

They do that so that the new cards can rape 99% of decks without the new cards so that they can force you to buy the new cards, thereby jewing you with their power creep.

>on his own
No shit. The whole point of the game revolves around building combos etc. Of course a card is useless on its own. Switch it around and you can have a standalone powerful card but a crappy deck and it means nothing. The whole point of Toad is that it is a fantastic support and easy to fit into a deck. A card that becomes more than the sum of its parts is what makes it powerful.

Your argument is pointless and meaningless and misses the point of how the game works.

Of all things you choose to complain, it's the one thing that isn't even unique to YGO. Plenty of other games have a multi games for 1 match thing.

I think it helps mitigate upsets on pure dumb luck.

I don't know a word you just said or what I just watched.

What person has all three on the field and doesn't win right there?

Yeah! That's why True King Dinosaurs and True Draco and decks running Dragonic Diagram are winning all the OCG tournaments.

Rule changes and link summoning were made in an attempt to stop shit like in the webm. Didn't really work without banning out Zoodiacs, which were probably the most degenerate archetype made in a long time.

Post the best cards.

Victory in yugioh these days is literally a crapshoot depending on who is picked to go first.

My "argument" wasn't an argument, just leftover resentment from the fact I like Infinity a lot more but it's faded to obscurity because of Ptolemaios getting banned. If I really wanted to give a proper response I would have just replied with a picture of a Kaiju.

I gave up with this shit after Yami got sealed back up. Back then this shit actually made sense and was fun to play. Fuck XYZ and whatever else they made.

yeah on a deck with no restrictions, it's a guaranteed ftk win on the first turn.

but a lot of cucks still use konami's banlist so they won't use him.

>Back then this shit actually made sense and was fun to play
Man, Yata lockdown and Chaos banishing everything with nothing to keep it in its check sure is fun.

Sorry mate, YGO has been a mess since the beginning.

>Kaiju
See, that would indeed be a proper argument.

Still made more sense than this imo. And you literally still win with one of the original decks, if you were lucky. Now, they XYZ some shit the second turn and you lose.

this card is useless because the opponent can forfeit the duel after it attacks but before damage is calculated

Maybe you stop being shit at the game.

I haven't played since the original series ended. I could get back into oldschool YGO, though.

This is all so confusing. Now I know how my dad felt when I played YGO.

>some shit the second turn
Yeah, because standing around doing nothing for several turns to watch helplessly as Yata pecks away is any better. Sorry, your nostalgia goggle is getting in you way. YGO as a card game has always been bullshit, especially since its based on a manga that is about bullshit card battles. You're pretty much just complaining because you're new to the later mechanics. One you get how it works, you'll find that it's jsut as bullshit as some of the oldschool YGO aka put out your combos before your opponent and gloat as your opponent has zero chance to fight back.

But old school Yugioh was probably more even more degenerate than it is currently.

That's only because you aren't even bothering to learn about the new mechanics. XYZ isn't even difficult, it's just a faster summon method.

This. The games move faster now but even back then, OTKs are already a thing.

> Chaos banishing everything with nothing to keep it in its check sure is fun
Yeah, there's a reason why old Chaos deck still pisses people off these days, there really weren't much options to counter it.

>one of the original decks
What does that even mean?

Being a kid back then pretty much limits you to vanilla beat because you don't have the money to access the dumb broken stuff.

Why can't nostalgiafags understand this.

Like Yugi's and Kiba starter decks back in the 2000's.

>Yata lock
Fuck that deck. I almost wish Konami would temporarily reset the banlist so all those fucks eager to play it again get absolutely destroyed by other dumb shit like Rulers and Infernoids.

Isn't Yugioh a big bloated mess?

Isn't Magic a much better card game overall?

Starter decks were awful even in it's day. If you were losing to one you were either using a starter deck or just sucked

There's a card that allows you to offer your opponent a handshake. IIRC, if they accept then you split the remaining life points evenly between the two players.

Nailed it. People complaining about how XYZ made no sense are like old people shitting on new things they aren't familiar with.

If you win with those then obviously you were only playing with other casuals. Nobody use those in meta/ competitions. You know, like the current scene.

You can only summon one of the purple, black, or white cards unless you summon the new blue card first to open spots to summon the said cards.

>Isn't Yugioh a big bloated mess?
>Isn't Magic a much better card game overall?
Yes to both

Why win the game when you can make them suffer?

>Wanting to play a "wait and see" game
>Instead of playing the most animu decks with your pals

You are either full of shit or you only played against shitty players. Even back then, people had to grind booster packs to pull off some semblance of a proper combo or strategy.

There's also a new card where you play Rock Paper Scissor and the loser's monsters gets banished face down.

>People complaining about how XYZ made no sense are like old people shitting on new things they aren't familiar with.
I remember getting back into the game and thinking syncros were the most retarded shit ever, but then loving them. I stopped playing shortly after the xyz were introduced, but I have to admit that it seems like they've gotten pretty ridiculous.

Normally I would agree, but xyz, actually just the r4 toolkit, is a problem

That's why I say if you were lucky.

Note, I'm not saying XYZ is a flawless system. I'm mainly calling out on the guy for claiming it made no sense and muh old school YGO wasn't like that. I agree about the r4 toolkit issue but as said, old school YGO was rampant with that shit too. Obviously he didn't know since he's even latching on to starter decks.

So just like the current environment then.

>Magic
That game is literally degeneracy incarnate. The sheer number of retarded effects make some of the dumbest cards in Yugioh seem insignificant, and the only saving grace is the fact that the average deck can't turbo you to death. Still fun as fuck to play though.

You can still win duels with shit decks now if you were lucky though, so I don't see your point.

I can agree with that. There's nothing inherently wrong with extra deck summoning but Konami's poor use of design space has turned rank 4 xyz into cancer

Synchro was a mistake

That must be why all the meta decks are synchro right?

Is there any way to buy the OG cards in packs these days that isn't ebay?

More like using Maxx C on a deck that obviously runs Level Eater is the card equivalent of suicide.

>dropped the series early into GX
I honestly have no idea of what the fuck is going on there.

>make sweet water themed deck with tons of boosts and a couple traps
>name it FURY OF RAIN
>be playing it on the ps2 yu-gi-oh game, stomp through literally everyone without effort, not even using high level cards

I would have loved to try such a deck IRL, or even online, but sadly I don't think I'd ever be able to recreate it. Being all chuuni while I was drawing cards and announcing my moves like I was in the show was actually.....kinda fun.

Bad player trying to impress other bad players with an ideal opening hand, going first and not in a best of 3 match.

Ummmmm

The opponent used a card that would allow him to draw a card for every monster that the player special summoned. The player then kept special summoning until his opponent decked out and won due to that condition.

Matches are a set of duels. If Victory Dragon swings for game you win the entire match set, be it bo3 or bo99.

I think you replied to the wrong person.

That I did
meant for

Some local stores might have some if you're lucky. Best bet is still the internet but you can expect bloated prices.

I don't understand what this does, because I only played this as a kid. Could somebody explain?

To summon it you need to have 2 Lv4 Aqua monsters on the field then you overlay the two monsters and summon it from your extra deck. The cards used to summon it become effect ammo called Xyz Materials. It can also do everything else it says on the card.

Rank 4 Xyz Monsters are notorious for having extremely simple summoning conditions and a wide variety of effects that allow them to easily get over many fields and also can create a massive pain in the ass of a field for their opponent to deal with.

What the fuck is an xyz?

the new fusion

Before i stopped playing (right before rank 4 became ultra cancer) you could scoop at any time. Unless that has changed VD is worthless

Lore wise, this fucker became the boss card of the main villain who wiped out all Fusion/Synchro monsters and created Dark Fusions, Xyz Monsters for short.
Xyz Monsters can be summoned without a Polymerization card and are extremely powerful. Strong enough to take over the entire YuGiOh multiverse.

>Xyz Monsters can be summoned without a Polymerization card
So can a lot of Fusions.

Wait this thing is a trap now?

Yeah, but these cards are black and evil because they take monsters hostage and consume them for power. Don't trust black cards.

I think I had this way before 5D was made.