ITT: Characters that ruined the show

ITT: Characters that ruined the show

Literally best boy

Wrong

I hate that little wimp. Isnt he like leddit's favorite character?

He's an attention whore but I don't think he ruined the show. If anything Saitama ruined the show, Genos should have been the MC

Talking shit about Mumen Rider should be a bannable offense.

Fucking what?

Risa from Amagami.

Delete this

Masayoshi was the only good thing about that show you pleb.

God's gift to OPM.

He's like everyone's favourite character. That's why Sup Forums, aka hipsterland, doesn't like him.

Why do people like him though? He's just an annoying teen on a bike playing hero.

>Teen
>Playing hero
I don't think you've read the manga. Or even watched the anime.

> He's just an annoying teen on a bike playing hero.

Isn't he like 25?
Dude has been a hero since middle school days though.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Who cares how long he plays hero? He hasn't saved anyone at all. Just like the police said it's better to just join the police if you really wanted to be a hero and not be an attention whore.

>He hasn't saved anyone at all.

He saved Genos by delaying Sea King long enough for Saitama to arrive.

Many more offscreen.

>taking this thread seriously

He has saved countless numbers of cats and old ladies you ungrateful fuck.

it's weird. you always hear about people with really shitty taste, and then op comes along and is a total faggot

>implying Genos wouldn't survive anyway.
>implying Saitama would be late eventhough he can move at the speed of light and just watching the situation.

>playing hero
>Not grasping the significance of the Justice Tackle against Sea King when he has literally no actual combat power

Why bother watching anything when you know the protaganists are just going to live because of the plot user

Any true Sup Forums oldfag like myself will agree with you. I rated OPM one point lower on MAL solely because of this annoying character. Everyone in OPM general threads fucking hated him, nu Sup Forums would know if they were actually there and not browsing r/anime.

>implying Genos wouldn't survive anyway.

He would've survived due to another plot written reason, but at the moment Rider was that plot related reason.

He was an annoyance to Sea King and his long heroic speech delayed shit long enough for Saitama to show up. Whether you like it or not, Rider saved Geno's life.

>rating on MAL
>general threads
>nu Sup Forums
>Zero mention of the manga, specifically ONEs version
This is masterful and multi-layered bait.

You must be one of those who thinks they are entitled just for doing their best.
result is the only thing that matter.

He would have survived even if no one comes to help. Have you forgotten about Stinger? He survived even though the Sea King said he'll kill all humans and no one stopped Sea King then but he still survived.

Jesus Christ OP. I mean I know he can be one of those characters that gets a little overrated by an obnoxious fanbase, but you don't have to be such a massive fag about it.

>result is the only thing that matter.

>hu hu I did my best I want my consolation prize
Cry more faggot.

I'm glad that people agree with me on him being an overrated piece of shit, but I agree saying he ruined the show is taking it a bit too far.

This is such a fucking retarded argument. No fucking shit they would have survived, the plot demanded it and they are major characters. Why the fuck even bother consuming fiction if this is how you honestly think?

>You must be one of those who thinks they are entitled just for doing their best.
>result is the only thing that matter.
That doesn't apply for heroism. Heroes are heroes not because they save anyone, but because they suffer while saving people. If saving lives is easy, then it stops being heroic and starts being an entitlement. If you can save people with a snap of a finger, then you are expected to snap your finger all the time. And that if you ever stop then you are considered an asshole.

Heroisim has nothing to do with results, it has everything to do with going beyond what is expected of you. Thus reality-benders are not heroes.

>Hating based Justice
>Ignoring all the people he saved by just doing good
>Ignoring he doesn't take any breaks, not even on the holidays
Please remove yourself from this Earth

>yells his name everytime he enters the scene like a sperglord
>say speeches about how he's so weak like a retard while real heroes like Saitama just stay silent and do their job.

Somehow he's liked by autist. How does he do it Sup Forums?

His character arc was literally about how the number of people he saved or his villain kill count has nothing to do with how heroic he is. Did you even watch/read any OPM at all?

You and anyone that can't grasp why Mumen Rider is great shouldn't be considered human.
Anyone who can't appreciate his fight against the odds, his speech and his despair at his own powerlessness against true evil must be broken on some fundamental level.
It's not about success, it's not about having enough power to actually triumph against evil, it's about taking a stand against it right here right now, no matter what may happen, this by itself is its own reward, to take a stand and be the light at the end of the tunnel to others, regardless of being qualified or not, no one like Mumen Rider would ask for or feel entitled to a prize for doing his best and leeching off the strength of others because good triumphing against evil and the day being saved is all he ever wants, what any hero should want.
This is why Mumen Rider shines in OPM's world, because many are in it for fame, glory and money, it's a job like wrestling, or being a movie star, but among these would be heroes stands Rider, at the bottom of the barrel, wanting nothing more than to be a hero to people in need and to protect their smiles.
Mumen Rider might be a C-class hero, but that nigga has an S-class heart.

If he didn't want fame he wouldn't yell his name every damn time and also wouldn't join the Hero Association. He could still be a hero by himself or join the police force.

Nice pasta.

>If he didn't want fame he wouldn't yell his name every damn time

That's just typical shonen level antics, which again refers to his name as a Rider aka like Kamen Rider. He is basically an embodiment of a kiddy hero.

Hell Saitama is so much of an asshole he calls out his "normal" and "serious" attacks.

OP being a total faggot as per usual. In other news, water is wet.

>he wouldn't yell his name every damn time
Don't you feel a wave of relief when the police announces their presence? Yelling out your Hero name works the same way, everyone should fucking do it, not for themselves, but to the people around them, like a beacon of hope, sure his name doesn't carry the weight of an S-class, but it serves the same purpose.
>Also wouldn't join the Hero Association. He could still be a hero by himself
How else would you carry out sanctioned hero work? Anyone working outside the Hero Association is limiting their heroics as well as engaging in the criminal act of vigilantism.
>or join the police force.
What is a higher calling and romanticism? Sure he could join the police force, it might even suit him better, but the police aren't the ones on the frontline when villains and monsters show up.

So I am right to assume everyone who likes this guy is underage or a manchild? No self respecting adult would be impressed by this idealistic trash.

that gambling raccoon from that loli/doll anime

Saitama should train him ;_;

His display of complete ineptitude was amusing enough to stall the Sea King long enough for Saitama to arrive.

>No self respecting adult would be impressed by this idealistic trash.
Spoken like a true angsty teen.

One day you will wake up and realise you either start to believe in idealistic trash, or you can pick the noose already.

I actually like him, and the concept of fear they used to him explain. during that era in the chink lands where rulers and emperors where scared of everything and constantly looking for immortality and shit.

It was an interesting idea, i don't think he ruined the show.

He's actually a great character. He's there to show what Saitama would have been if he didn't get his powers. Just some guy who is trying his best to help people.

BIBAAAAAAAA

>fight against the odds, his speech and his despair at his own powerlessness against true evil
Reminds me of how I feel during an existential crisis. Humans are placed in a world of death and suffering. There's no hope, answers, or chance of victory.

He faces the same thing but personified in deep sea king, but he still fights on because he's a hero.

I suppose you believe in the afterlife and your 40 virgins as well?

This entire thread is bait

I don't agree with his opinion so it must be bait.

I hate Shinji.

isn't ure fault mio but its because of you that those yuri fanfics exist fuck!

If you think Licenseless Rider isn't the moral center of the series you know nothing about the series whatsoever.

Considering how shit works in OPM-Verse.

I'd say nothing can really be done for him.

I'm not an idealistic person in many ways, but when it comes to standing up to those who try to hammer you down like a nail that sticks up, if being an adult means letting them smack you down then I'll be a manchild for the rest of my life. Right or wrong may not exist, and you may go unrewarded and suffer for trying to do things, but that's no fucking reason not to stand up for what matters to you. It doesn't matter if my opponent is so much more capable than me that it makes me laughable, if it's to protect people that matter to me, it doesn't matter if they matter to nothing else, I wouldn't budge an inch. Is that childish and immature? Yes, probably, and that's how I'm going to live anyway. I'd rather do the stupid thing and suffer than give in. So what if the rest of the universe is a cruel and uncaring place, and there isn't anyone who will look out for us? Being a hero isn't about doing what matters to you when the whole universe is on your side, it's about doing it when there is no one and nothing to back you up. If you require your actions be backed up by objective morality or higher beings to carry through with them, you're a pathetic piece of shit. So if being an adult means giving up that kind of obstinate, stubborn behavior in the face of overwhelming odds, than it isn't worth shit to me.

that is a big assumption

edgy

You realise the guy could be doing martial arts to become a proper fighter, or become a policeman/firefighter/lawyer/surgeon if he realised he has no fightning talent. He can realistically be a hero within his powers without being a tryhard pussy. That's what being an adult is about.

>that scene where he and Saitama are just hanging out at a ramen stand eating lunch together

>a tryhard pussy.
Stop throwing around buzzwords you don't understand.

this fungushead

>streaming watermark
Mumen rider haters confirmed pleb newfags

>buzzword
nice buzzword

no u

The police and firefighters have to obey chains of command, you can't just save people whenever you see them in trouble. He wants to save people when no one else will, and guess what? He does. He could be a policeman/firefighter/lawyer/surgeon, but if he had, he wouldn't have been there to help people when he did, and people he has helped would have died. He's probably helped blind people cross the streets, and gotten medicine to sick people when no one else would.

MUMEN RAIDER SANJO

LMAO SO WACKY mascot characters

All of them
They are indefensible

but genny cant beat the boss

stfu kid. Suzuki is the best MC of all time.

>wimp
>fights a guy five times his size despite knowing he'll die just to try and possibly save lives

>missing the point of the character this hard

This.

Honestly, this thread is garbage and the concept of selflessness is foreign to OP. Pick up a psychology book and look up narcissism.

The result of him doing that was Saitama showing up and preventing anyone from dying.

He has powers, silly.

>Despite his injuries and the apparent pain he suffered, Mumen Rider still continued to fight the Deep Sea King, showing a decent amount of endurance. He also survived having his head smashed into the ground multiple times by Garou. He also took a hit from one of Hammerhead's crew, which caused severe blood loss of his head, but luckily survived. It should be noted that those battle suits can send a car flying with ease.

So where was he when Stinger was getting beaten up?

delet this

Delete yourselves.

So, it honestly kind of sickens me that there are people that consider Mumen garbage? I mean, there's no character there, people are purely shitting on the concept behind it. Is the idea of inspiring hope like, bad? Shit, this guy even understands his own limitations, refusing to move up to a class B. He's dedicated to the concept of being a hero every day, and never running from something, no matter how outclassed he is.

vai Brasil