Who was right about Haruhi?

Who was right about Haruhi?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_episodes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

everyone who said season 3 never

/thread

Koizumi seemed pretty far off the mark, Nagato's interpretation is likely closest to the truth. Mikuru's interpretation also doesn't really conflict with Nagato's.

Also from both a knowledge and trustworthiness perspective Nagato has the most authority.

that's a trustable face

>ever doubting Nagato-sama
ISHYGDDT

Is the LN still dead?
What's the author doing right now? (other than swimming in Haruhi sales money)

>its an adult asahina episode

They're all wrong, Kyon is god

I don't even remember what the differences were

koizum thinks haruhi created the world

ms asahina thinks haruhi subconsciously noticed the abnormalities of the world

some1 correct me if im wrong

LN is dead.
Author is doing jack shit. Has 3 different series on hold, 2 others complete. No one gave a shit about any of them other than Haruhi. Probably isn't going to write any more until he runs out of Haruhi money, and cause of the new textbook deal he's just got a lot more now.

Koizumi doesn't believe Haruhi created the world, it was only a (half-joking) theory. He does believe Haruhi is the source of all the supernatural elements featured in the series, because of who she is.

Mikuru doesn't have anything as tangible as a theory, but the time travelers mostly seem to view Haruhi just as a catalyst for the phenomenon, and that under the right conditions anyone can become one.

Nagato's folks recognize she has the ability to spontaneously create information and that ability can be copied and transferred, but this doesn't necessarily conflict with either theory.

>LN is dead.

It ENDED, user. It had the perfect ending delivered in a double-volume and there was nothing suggesting there would ever be more.

Bullshit.
Tanigawa even said back then that he had another book or two to finish it up.

It is one of the strangest things that most of the anime only fanbase seemed to take the Haruhi is God approach. I don't remember now if he anime portrayed Koizumi as smarter or more reasonable, but his theory is definitely the most outlandish, and yet it seems to be the most accepted.

>Nothing suggesting there would be more
Tsuruya's Rod, the Anniversary present, College, Kuyoh might return, Fujiwara and Mikuru's relationship

There's a lot that hasn't been finished yet.

Haruhi is too much of a bitch to Kyon. Nothing but insults with no love for him.

Not in the afterword at least. He did say writing the book made him want to take a dive in the Tokyo bay.

Not everything needs an answer.

Will Mikuru ever kiss Kyon?

A story with loose ends is a shitty story. If a story goes nowhere it's not worth following.

It came a full circle. It was Kyon and Haruhi's story, the SOS Brigade's story. Nobody above twelve gives a shit about the chuuni red herrings.

Nah, ending on Surprise is like ending on Disappearance, it wraps up most of the themes but there's still a lot that can be done.

>no one cares about other series
Kyoani is a destroyer of authors' lives.

The community also takes Koizumi's quip about Mikuru being a spy or something and faking as fact too.

That's because Koizumi is fabulous and the only trustworthy guy in the SOS Brigade. A really nice guy overall and I'm thankful for all the hard work he puts!

sauce on this

He's talking out of his ass.

Haruhi is a shitty story then because none of that shit is ever getting resolved

Likely none of them

Kyon will likely come to a conclusion only he can somehow see, and he'll be right because anime

>Who was right about Haruhi?
Well Koizumui has powers because Haruhi made it so. He isn't wrong.

However, Mikuru didn't realise the same applies to her. Haruhi was the original inventor of time travel. Basically Haruhi crated time travellers the easy way, by making sure time machines get created. This is apparently such a great secret that few in her timeline know about it, perhaps she is the only person who does.

And Mikuru's situation is made more bizarre by the fact that her direct superior, the one giving her all the unreasonable orders, was her adult self. And that basically she is being treated badly for no other reason than because this was how Adult Mikuru remembered it, and the people of the future are terrified of changing the past.

>And that basically she is being treated badly for no other reason than because this was how Adult Mikuru remembered it
And because they work on a need-to-know basis. Give young Mikuru more intels and she might fuck up somewhere along the line.

>And because they work on a need-to-know basis. Give young Mikuru more intels and she might fuck up somewhere along the line.
Well yeah, but it is clear that Mikuru as a teenager basically knows nothing and is given outright incorrect information, for no other purpose than timeline consistency. The adult Mikuru is basically following a script.

It is very much a plotthread that the future people "think" that the past can't be changed. But that they are terrified of the possibility that they are wrong. And that they went so far as to create stable paradox loops just because of the gaps of their own knowledge of the past. For example, sending someone to hospital with a serious injury so he can meet his future wife, just so he would have a child. Or planting a computer chip that needed to exist, but they had no idea where it first came from.

In short, instead of guarding the past, they are now paranoid enough to try to create the past. They are no longer looking forward and basically had no future.

>It is very much a plotthread that the future people "think" that the past can't be changed
Only fixed events can't iirc. They create stable paradox loops for the others.

I think they're trying to keep their future from converging in another one. Like, had Fujiwara succeeded, maybe Mikuru's future would have changed.

Is there a "retard's guide for watching Haruhi" because i've put it off so many years because I just get into small moods of watching anime now (Just not a lot of free time. being an adult sucks) and now there's like way more shit out there than before. Please help I want to watch some of it before this current anime mood goes away.

Take your pick. Ignore the 9gag meme at the bottom. Movie is the best part so it doesn't really matter which one you chose.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_episodes

I'd recommend watching it according to column E because that way you get "season 2" episodes mixed in with the original episodes, and then the movie at the end.

Lmfao at the endless eight. Was that some troll or does it fit the tone of the series?

thank you. I can't really decide so I'll probably flip a coin.

Speculations are that they originally planned to do Disappearance in these slots before it got turned into a movie. It does fit the tone of the series and the timeloop trope, but they really overdid it with 8 episodes (it was a single chapter in the novel). And since these episodes were broadcasted during summer, this is even more ironic.