I WANNA FUCK THAT ROBOT
YOU KNOW WHICH ONE

Tomatoes.

Something good

The Evangelion of anime.

The batman of anime

That's a big anime

this is a pretty overrated show.

Big-O it looks like unless your image isn't related.

posercore

A dead IP

Someone explain the ending to me

Konaka 3deep5u faggotry killing what was supposed to be a based comfy MotW show where Roger and Dorothy do cute shit.

I will never forgive that man for season 2.

Pretty much, except Albert is a cute robot.

I have her piano song as my alarm. Dorothy a best waifu
youtu.be/UfQ-dYgWEGk

roger is a garbage character my dude. konaka is the best part of this pretty bad show.

Comfiest mecha there is nigga. On a side note, I always wondered why when big o came out that one building get rekt every fucking time. I mean wtf, who keeps rebuilding it when there's a massive robot fucking it up every time it comes out.

God I loved the ending theme to Big O

I would wait for it every time on late nights on AS/Midnight toonami

youtube.com/watch?v=VAg3qLkLPLU

>dude muh 4th wall
>dude lol lain is a good show
>lol muh edgy digimon episodes
Neck yourself

Good show with a terrible ending

An anime about a tomato farmer.

Schwarzwald did nothing wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=5aJIby5NJ48

2deep4u season > boring Batman ripoff.

It was a hologram simulation stuck in a loop

Love the OST! Shit's going down. youtube.com/watch?v=52BcC9Qzl-Q

There was supposed to be a possible Season 3.

Said no one ever. Everyone liked season 1 over season 2.

How can one show simultaneously have the best op and the worst ed

What's the deal with the woman again and explain to me the ending
I forgot.

>everybody's a tomato
>you're a tomato
>you're a tomato
>and roger
>you're a tomoto

Kill yourself, that's supposed to be Dorothy signing.

Even if it sounds like corny 90s disney

This show went off the rails almost as bad as Samurai Flamenco. Except in Samurai Flamenco it's pretty clear it was intended from the start and it all sort of ties together under some general themes.

Season 1 and season 2 of Big O are like two completely different shows.

CAST IN THE NAME OF GOD

A year or two back someone hosted a marathon of the show in a thread that reached 500 replies. I wish someone can host it again. Comfy day

YE NOT GUILTY

>Konaka
Surely you mean Cartoon Network.

The whole OST is godsend.

That's because CN forced them to remove the original epilogue for a pasta of the opening sequence.

the fucking best

I can just imagine it.
>Stream Big O, if you're so great

>second season airing on adult swim
>time for series
>they fucked up and re-aired the second to last episode
>everyone freaking out for the first 5 minutes until we all realized it was a mistake

Who else was pissed

*time for series finale

That's a sad story.

what was the original epiloge?

it was all a giant hologram
the reason they have no memories is because they all were some simulation stuck on repeat or some shit like that.

A replay of the original Beck hostage exchange scene with Angel serving as Roger's assistant and ending with him meeting a Dorothy hinted to be human.

paradigm-city.com/scripts/article.php?a=bigoact26

Giant robots and gnostic theology

A complex and alluring story about the man-tomato interface.

just googled
The Event was a cataclysmic war utilizing Megadeii to effectively destroy all life on earth. Paradigm City is the only known surviving city, and was rebuilt by Gordon Rosewater for the purpose of restoring mankind and repopulating the earth.
Roger and likely every other character in the series are clones. Once created, they were implanted with memories of the world before The Event by Gordon Rosewater, whose technique was imperfect, thus forcing him to perform the procedure multiple times over the course of several years. This is what is meant by "tomatoes" and "the harvest:" the citizens of Paradigm are tomatoes. As Gordon Rosewater lamented to Roger, when they are implanted with memories, they are "synthetic." Only by repeating the growing process year after year can the original "taste" of tomatoes be restored; that is, Roger and the citizens of Paradigm will never be genuine, but Rosewater's goal is to create a group of humans to be as close to their pre-Event personalities as possible.
When Angel lamented that "the power would be released too soon," she was referring to the power of Big Venus, whose purpose is to erase all memories of Paradigm City and restore it to the state it was at the beginning of the growth process. Diagrams from the Big O art book portray Paradigm City as a gigantic stage which is constantly pushed upwards from underground. Essentially, copies of Paradigm City are manufactured underground and pushed upwards with each new generation of "tomatoes." Memories are also manufactured underground (the miniature "stage" where the Archetype was found was likely used to film re-enactments of The Event, just as the log cabin stage was used to film Angel's memories of her childhood. These memories were implanted in Angel and Roger by Gordon Rosewater, in hopes that they would result in perfect copies of the original Roger Smith and Angel Rosewater).
Cont.

Leviathan and Behemoth were designed for cleanup: Behemoth dug the underground chambers where memories are manufactured. When Big Venus is activated and memories are deleted, Leviathan dissolves all evidence into sand (this is why Paradigm is surrounded by deserts), allowing the new stage to rise upwards. The stagelights, which were mistaken for bombs, are also used for cleanup, and systematically timed to fall in accordance with the activation of the dock flares and, most likely, the activation of Big Fau.
Interestingly, each "version" of Paradigm City seems capable of taking multiple event paths, evidenced by Roger's memory flashes in Act 26 upon discovering the underwater machinery in the trench. In our observed version of Paradigm City, the chain of events leading to Big Venus's activation was started by the death of Timothy Wayneright: without his death, Dorothy does not serve under Roger and he dies when Big Fau throws him into the sea; further, without Dorothy there is no way for Roger to activate the Final Stage, the Archetype is not awakened, Big Fau is not restored due to the absence of Dorothy's core memory module, etc. etc. Wayneright is the key, and Dorothy is the most important character in The Big O. Notice that there are several copies of Dorothy (notable R.D. and the android encountered in Wayneright's laboratory in Act 15), one for each "version" of Paradigm City.
It seems, thus, that the purpose of Paradigm City is to ensure that

The Big Venus is not activated. When Big Venus is activated, all memories are deleted, Paradigm City is destroyed, and the entire city resets. Only when all threats to Paradigm City have been eliminated and the city is protected by The Big O does the desired scenario play itself out: Big Venus is not reactivated and the loop is broken, so Paradigm can continue in a natural state, populated by people who are nearly identical to the people who were alive right after The Event. This is the goal of Gordon Rosewater: to effectively eliminate the negative effects of The Event and allow Paradigm City to advance into the future with no threats to its existence.
With this in mind, several "rogue" elements can be identified. All of these elements are remnants of The Event, or glitches in Rosewater's plan, that should not exist in his desired city:
* Big Duo
* Big Fau
* The Archetype
* The Union
* Dagon, Behemoth, Osrail
The Red Balloon
The red balloon identifies glitches in Rosewater's scenario. These include:
* The Union. These are failed tomatoes who were likely cast into the wilderness in past versions of Paradigm City. If the Union exists, Vera will activate the flares that begin the destruction of Paradigm City via stagelights, thus awakening Big Fau, which eventually awakens Big Venus.
* The three foreign Megadeii. These carry the parts for Big Fau, whose appearance signals the eventual awakening of Big Venus. Also, Dorothy's existence in the scenario is likely a glitch, as her assistance of Roger Smith allows him to
* Young Dastun and Rowan. These copies of Dastun and Rowan likely appeared prematurely; their existence tips off Dastun to the "infinite loop" nature of Paradigm City.
Conclusion: Roger Smith is a clone and destined to die. It is very likely that Angel Rosewater cannot bear this, and thus, as the Director, keeps the infinite loop going despite her knowledge that she will lose her memory every time.
BBS Signature
>this is what happened
>I think

Yeah, I think I read that artbook a long time ago. It even states the date of the cataclysm or the time Big O takes place and stuff. I believe it was like 2040 something. Can't remember which one. That's why episode 14 is like our time because it's SUPPOSED to be.

I don't recall the last episode very well, but didn't the whole thing reset anyways?

Angel

Yeah, it reset. But it was supposed to be a new version that plays out differently. The Beck with Angel tagging along scenario and ends with a curtain dropping down I believe. Season 3 was supposed to resolve everything. But Cartoon Network didn't like the ratings of Season 2 and went on to fund the cheap crap they like now, instead.

But Roger isn't a tomato
He's part of the machine like Gordon

I thought that was Dorithy

>Season 3 was supposed to resolve everything
Unlikely, the director stated that he didn't want to reveal the mystery of Big O, when CN asked them to reveal it, their answer was to make the original mystery irrelevant by revealing an ever bigger one. If anything more Big O would have given us more mysteries and less answers, which is what they aimed to from the beginning.

I feel like you're almost there, but I believe Angel is also a "true memory" from the event thus why she is the director. She wasn't implanted with false memories but she willingly lives in the loop in order to inject herself in an "important part". But she's done it so many times she can't remember what was fake and what wasn't. When Roger rejected her, she became devestated and pushed the events towards Big Venus in order to try again. Roger's plea was to tell her to not base her self-value on others but to live for herself (escape the loop). Thus Roger negotiated with her for one last loop which he succeeded. Season 3 was supposed to be the final loop.

Dorothy is a wildcard

I hate that really, leaving things with unneeded questions shows they lack resolve in their execution in if they were to reveal it.

>Roger- why aren't we stopping?
>Dorothy- BECAUSE I CUT THE BREAKS
>Dorothy- WILD CARD YOU LOUSE!
>Dorothy leaps from the speeding car

Also, I don't think she was always the director. She became that role when Gordon gave it to her in this loop.

I thought he was, along with all those other kids

Big O was obviously told in a manner that would leave things open to the viewer interpretation. some things don't need answers.

Big one right?

By being having the reverse inuyasha effect

You're a louse, Roger Smith

I guess, but I think that's kind of a half hearted thing to do, but thats what happend I guess.

but Inuyasha is terrible all through until the ending cresits

The rumor I heard a while back was that Adult Swim actually was pushing to bring this, and Samurai Jack, back for just one more season. Kazuyoshi Katayama, who was the director for it, won't do it and Sunrise is too busy to animate.

404 Lewds Not Found

It's would be half assed if they bailed out after getting stuck in a corner, Big O was made with the intent of keeping some things vague. It is a design choice.

I honestly doubt that AS would bother.

I see, I just don't like the end result of the design.

The epilogue really is the only lame thing.

so this says Roger was a tomato, which makes sense because of how Roger in one flash back drowns.
Another theory was on Wikipedia saying Roger could be an andriod similar to Dorothy.

Waterproof sunken buildings is such bullshit.

Same bro