Yu-Gi-Oh!

If he's literally never tried dueling until the first episode, how the fuck does he get his deck in the first place?

re-contract universe

I want to believe they won't ruin her.

the same way all the other main characters get extra deck ace monsters out of nowhere during important battles

Yusaku hasn't but Playmaker has.
I want to link my semen to her eggs.

I miss when Yugioh actually showed the deck building aspect. I loved how there was a small scene of Yugi preparing his new deck for Battle City.

>Relevant female
>Yu-Gi-Oh
VRAINS is already confirmed to be written by Yoshida, I am not sure why you are setting yourself up for dissapointment like that.

Which series did that guy write?

Zexal, last season of GX, and 5Ds after 64.
Girls are irrelevant in all of them.

I'm guessing "I'm a dueling beginner" is for Yusaku's civilian identity

>If he's literally never tried dueling until the first episode

It's pretty obvious from the latest information we have they scrapped this newbie idea and just made him a good Duelist at the start of the show. He's already beaten the KoH once before VRAINS starts.

It's not like non-Yoshida series did much better with girls being relevant. It's also a general shounen trend outside of Yugioh

How can they ruin a character that will never get built up to anything significant in the first place? At best she'll be an Anna

>another beginner protag

already can tell it's gonna be shit

Probably the Mysterious Life Form will give him a deck.

There's a good chance it'll be shit, but not for the retarded reason you think, since the first episode summary confirms he's already spent time dueling as Playmaker.

Nobody said that it was a yoshida specific thing, Yoshida being the writer is just the nail in the coffin where Aoi's stillborn relevancy lies.

Anyone miss me?
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN?

Please put a trigger warning before you post the worst MC, I have egao PTSD

I miss my ideal version of Yuya. We got glimpses of it every now and then.

Don't be so mean.
Yuya is just innocent little boy who was raised wrongly by his parents.
Imajine if Yoko and yushow doesn't exist, Yuya might have become a character like Judai.

Yuya did nothing wrong

Old news, sorry.

>the gigganigga's ace monster is cool as fuck

well shit

That's definitely what they were going for but the writers totally fucking botched.

No, Zarc did nothing wrong, according to Yuya.

>totally fucking botched
This is about as strongly as anyone can word it using the English language, and yet it still feels like an understatement.

All the other characters' bosses look better than Firewall. Even the weird ugly dragon the masked guy has, at least it isn't quite as generic and dull.

he may just like some card collecting i do the same thing and ive only duel afew people.

Yugi = Starfish
Yuki = Jellyfish
Yusei = Sea Urchin
Yuma = Crab
Yuya = Tomato
Yuusaku = Lobster

even Yuya breaks the line of sea theme