Why is smoking so stigmatized in American Society?

Why is smoking so stigmatized in American Society? Sure it's bad for you, but how come people love and approve of weed over Cigs? The Media Paints smokers as degenerates yet shows Weed smokers as normal, in California the age is 21 for a cig, it's a double standard, why is this , Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1741-3737.2012.00996.x/abstract
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1741-3737.2003.00444.x/abstract
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.0347-0520.2004.00369.x/abstract
psycnet.apa.org/record/2010-25811-011
ftp.iza.org/dp4200.pdf
medscape.com/viewarticle/880383
academic.oup.com/jnci/article/109/12/djx075/3836090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2509609/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Smoking improves cognitive ability, boosts test and counteracts the effects of fluoridization

Smoke pipes or cigars tho and not chemical death sticks.

Just buy your own tobacco and roll cigarettes. You can even buy filters too if you want those.

the only people in america who told me to butt out were girls with sonic hedgehog hair. no different to here except your women try to punch you if you make a joke.

Is vaping nicotine a healthier alternative while maintaining the positive effects? I feel much better. My skin isn't dry. I can smell and taste again.

OP here: Sadly Due to the fact that cigarettes are 21 and over in California (my state) , (I'm 18) , it is very hard to get cigs. It honestly pisses me off.

It should be. You should be asking, why is something like smoking stigmatized, but premarital sex/promiscuity isn't? Fornication is actively promoted, even by plenty on this board.
>inb4justwomenshouldwait
>inb4virginadhominem
It takes two to fuck. The double standard is untenable, and it's what let the kike feminists spur the (((liberation))) movement by saying it was making us "equal". In reality, men should have been held to a higher standard.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1741-3737.2012.00996.x/abstract
>Bivariate results suggested that delaying sexual involvement was associated with higher relationship quality across several dimensions. The multivariate results indicated that the speed of entry into sexual relationships was negatively associated with marital quality, but only among women."

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1741-3737.2003.00444.x/abstract
>"I find that premarital sex or premarital cohabitation that is limited to a woman's husband is not associated with an elevated risk of marital disruption. However, women who have more than one intimate premarital relationship have an increased risk of marital dissolution."

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.0347-0520.2004.00369.x/abstract
>"The happiness-maximizing number of sexual partners in the previous year is calculated to be 1."

psycnet.apa.org/record/2010-25811-011
>"Both structural equation and group comparison analyses demonstrated that sexual restraint was associated with better relationship outcomes, even when controlling for education, the number of sexual partners, religiosity, and relationship length."

Enjoying a tasty cig right now with my morning coffee.

Potheads also need to be stigmatized. And given that nicotine doesn't pose an active danger to the mind with use, I'd say it is worse in an isolated sense. But secondhand smoke is very harmful.

Anyway, continuing the point on fornication:

ftp.iza.org/dp4200.pdf
>"measures of subjective well-being indicate that women's happiness has declined both absolutely and relative to men. The paradox of women's declining relative well-being is found across various datasets, measures of subjective well-being, and is pervasive across demographic groups and industrialized countries. Relative declines in female happiness have eroded a gender gap in happiness in which women in the 1970s typically reported higher subjective well-being than did men."

>"Social and legal changes have given people more autonomy over individual and family decision making, including rights over marriage, children born out of wedlock, the use of birth control, abortion, and divorce (Stevenson and Wolfers, 2007). Once again, men may have been able to disproportionately benefit from these increased opportunities: Akerlof, Yellen, and Katz (1996) argue that sexual freedom offered by the birth control pill benefited men by increasing the pressure on women to have sex outside of marriage"

>but how come people love and approve of weed over Cigs?
Because people dont get fucking cancer from smoking weed dumbass, what are you 12?

>On California the age is 21 for a cig
This is false. We're bad over here, but we're not that bad yet.

this oh my god this this this

I smoke both but boagies cause cancer of the lung my dude, that's why people are against it.

May pure and loyal waifus come to you, friend.
Decency in this world is sorely lacking, in these times most of all.

I'd recommend putting what I posted in a text file, just in case you have cause to pull it out.

Word on the street is because Jews don't have control over the Tobacco industry as its largely dominated by "WASP" Anglo types with large southern land holdings.

Probably the bigger redpill is cigs raise testosterone and improve cognitive function while weed is deleterious to both.

Cigarettes are stigmatized because it's shit-tier tobacco.
Cigars are good every now and then, but if you're going to smoke on the regular I'd suggest a pipe. You have more control over the amount you smoke in a sitting and there's less of the bad shit.

I've been collecting and making tobacco pipes for a few years now, it's a decent hobby if you're looking for reasons not to hold up in your room to all day punishing your genitals.
My current go to is a piece a made a few years ago from a few branches I saved when I cut down a maple tree for my neighbor.

I can almost smell the nasty stench.

Beaners. Beaners love weed. And a lot of americans dont like weed. Its like a child. If they cant have their smoke you cant have yours.

New generations being brought up are taught to stigmatize it.

Weed is for niggers, as it makes you stupid and lazy. Every stoner I've ever met was an absolute dumbfuck, and the white ones are always wiggers. Cigarettes are fine as long as you are aware of the risks and you don't smoke near pregnant women or children.

>all these smoking shills lately
we need a new bingo card boys

it's degenerate, and weed consumers are losers whose entire life turns around weed.
both are degenerate, don't fall for the cig jew because you ruin your health and health of your loved ones, your property and you pay for it.
smoking is an ultimate cuck/good goy move

Bingo, nigger. And we aren't shills.

Filter cigarettes are certified shit. (((They))) put all kinds of chemicals in the tobacco (to make them more addictive, antidepressiva, et cetera) and the filters have micro holes that give you 4-10 times more than the allowed dose. So every time you smoke a cig, you actually smoke 4. Having said that, anti smokers die too, and are subhuman scum.

smoking makes you age really bad. its terrible for your health its just shit for you and makes you stink and ugly

If that's how you think smoking works, you probably think we're stealing money from niggers by getting bigger tax returns this year.

just spreading my knowledge burgerino

Smokers are now a minority among college students and is more dangerous than weed and more addictive

>tfw live in 40% smoking country
>tfw you can smoke literally everywhere even in trains and hospitals

feels good man

The age to buy and use tobacco in CA was raised to 21 last year, the only exemption was for active duty members. Try to keep up.

>filters have micro holes that give you 4-10 times more than the allowed dose. So every time you smoke a cig, you actually smoke 4.
Complete and utter urban myth. Stop spreading bullshit. The issues with cigarettes is well known and documented, you're not helping anything.
A. There is no regulations on how much nicotine a cigarette can deliver. The FDA is talking about controlling it for the first time in the future.
B. The body controls the rate of absorbtion
C. There are additives in the tobacco that enhance the uptake (dose speed) and duration of satiation. The filter has nothing to do with it, period.
D. They don't put anti-depressives in cigarettes, they would not survive combustion.

Most of what is done to tobacco is known, and posted on tobaccodocuments.org, which was set up as a result of the tobacco lawsuits by the states. The only truthful thing you posted is that they put all kinds of chemicals in them - commercial tobacco is heavily processed. Indian Spirit *claims* to have the least, but even they have some, they claim it's preservatives.

Stop posting shit.

Make that tobaccoarchives.com. My bad.

Hitler was anti-smoking. American society and culture are secretly controlled by a secret Nazi cabal.

Why are you lying retard

It literally is the law

21 & up
Just signed last year by commie brown

It's nice to relax with a cig once in a while, not too much though

Tobacco and weed are both degenerate, the big difference is one of them turns you into an idiot as well

Because it stinks. Source: I am a smoker.

Purely anecdotal, but I've been smoking American Spirits for years while my younger brother just picked up smoking Marlboro specials about a year ago, he hacks up a lung regularly and gets headaches, meanwhile I can't even remember the last time I had a cold. Coincidence? Probably. Thought it was at least worth mentioning.
Smoke em if you got em, you niggers.

I loved to smoke. I smoked for 30 years and more. A cigarette and a cup of coffee was pure bliss.

But it killed my mom, and I watched her die in slow motion. I ain't going out that way. I was feeling the effects, too. Smoking fucked me up. I'm glad I switched to vaping, because I can still enjoy the benefits of nicotine, and I'll never smoke a cigarette again, but god damn it. I fucking miss it sometimes. I knew from the first Marlboro I had at 13 that I loved it. Some of the best moments in my life, I celebrated with a cigarette. If they could make cancer-free cigarettes, I'd start smoking them immediately.

American Spirits *could* be cleaner tobacco. But like my mom's oncologist said, it's not the tobacco or the chemicals that kill you, it's the smoke. Inhaling any kind of smoke all day and all night will kill you, eventually. That's probably why the lung cancer incidents of pot smokers is lower, they don't smoke all day and night, like smokers do.

The jury is still out on long term affects, but so far vaping does seem to be less damaging to your health. It's kind of a no brainer that 2 non carcinogenic substances would be better to inhale then the 200+ chemicals in a cigarette.

Just don't go over 50w rigs or get multiple coil tanks. People have done damage to their lungs from the sheer volume of inhalant. Also steer clear of vanilla flavorings, they've been linked to what's known as "popcorn lung" (look it up.)

BTW - should I get diagnosed with lung cancer, or any kind of cancer, if it's stage 4, untreatable? My first thing will be buying a carton of Camels. And I'm not doing chemo or radiation for stage 4. Fuck that shit. It extends your life a couple months, but you're fucking miserable.

I like nothing more when getting home from work and sucking on a fag..

Is that not common in America? Everyone here smokes rollies the only people who smoke straights here are those with more money than sense or causal smokers who don’t know how to roll.

A. But tar and all the other crap are the real harmful bits.
B. Yes, and by putting your fingers and lips on the filter, it is a completely different way of smoking compared to the way the cigarettes are smoked on a testing machine
C.The filter makes it smoother to inhale, and makes it so that you can inhale deeper more easily, resulting in a higher dosage
D. I'm sure (((they))) don't.
Maybe you should stop spreading bullshit, memeflag.

I only smoke 2/3 cigarettes a day and that’s more because I like going out for a smoke break when at work rather than actually needing one. I can easily get through 6/8 rollies on a night out when I’ve been drinking though. Picking up girls in the smoking area is the easiest way in a club as you can actually chat to them for a bit and you have an opener by just going up and asking for a light.

It's not vanilla flavorings. God damn it, research this shit before you post it. "Popcorn lung", which has only occurred in ONE group of people, who worked at a microwave popcorn plant, working with butter flavoring, which contains diacetyl (and they didn't test any of them for smoking, or anything else. They *think* diacetyl caused it). That causes popcorn lung, if inhaled in large amounts, like they were - and you do, when you make popcorn. That big puff of steam coming out of the bag when you take it out puts a nice big cloud of it in your face. Diacetyl is used for BUTTER flavoring, not vanilla. Most if not all of the flavoring companies changed their formulas to remove it, and most commercial eliquid does not contain it anymore.

The carcinogens found in vapes are so low, they're the equal of what you're exposed to breathing typical room air. It's the higher wattages that create the bad stuff, and yes, the lung breathers "cloud chasing" are exposing themselves at a massively higher rate than people mouth to lung vaping at lower temps. The research is still ongoing, but the leading researchers are troubled by the high temp vaping (low ohms, brah...they might be bad for you) I vape at 12mgs at around 11 watts on a Kayfun, I get plenty of vapor and plenty of nicotine, and flavor, because I make my own juice and know exactly what's in it.
Do some reading before you post shit like this. The information is all out there. Go read Dr. Farsalinos' work, he's one of the leading vape researchers.
And yes, so far, the numbers look good for long term vapers. I'm sure most doctors would prefer their patients not use nicotine, but on it's own, it's pretty much the same effects-wise as coffee or tea. My health has improved in almost all areas in the 4 years since i've smoked, mostly if not all from not smoking cigarettes, and 40 of them a day, but I'd like to think that the recovery I'm experiencing is because vaping has so small an effect on me, it's possible.

You're wrong on all counts, you fucking neckbeard. Go argue with a weeaboo or something, you're an ignorant shithead who's going to now run around spewing diahrea from your mouth because someone DARED correct you. Go fuck yourself, and you mother, when your grandfather is done mouthfucking her. Just shut the fuck up and go pick a fight on Sup Forums, that's more your skill level, you filthy little worm.

You are talking out your ass user. Where did you get these gems of propaganda? Truth.org? lmao

I SMOKE CIGARETTES IN SHOWER

WHEN ONE GETS WET, I JUST LIGHT ANOTHER ONE

This. I've spent months in the 4 years since I quit researching smoking, what it is that makes them so addictive, and why vaping is better, and think I'm pretty current on the research. But some shithead neckbeard just wants to win neckbeard games by arguing that his made up "facts" are true, because he can't handle being told he's wrong, because AutismBoi was told by mommy that he's "So smart!" and "My little prince is never wrong!"

In Canada they made my favorite brands illegal claiming that it was targeted toward kids...
Peterson Irish Whisky targeting kids.
Fucking kikes

stop projecting and refute my points, you daft old cunt. unironically hope you catch the cancer anyway.
>muh research, muh life's dedication
medscape.com/viewarticle/880383

Ffs, pirate fag why are you so hostile when I 99% agree with you. I've done a shit ton of research on the subject, but I always er on the side of caution. I had read a recent article that some of the vanilla flavorings in popular brands like cyclops were using diacetyl. It was only one article so I could be wrong, but better safe than sorry when it's not a big deal to just pick a different flavor.

Both of my grandfathers smoked, they also both died of lung cancer in their 40s before I was born.

And you wonder why so many boys aren't worth a shit, this might have something to do with it.

> Once again, men may have been able to disproportionately benefit from these increased opportunities: Akerlof, Yellen, and Katz (1996) argue that sexual freedom offered by the birth control pill benefited men by increasing the pressure on women to have sex outside of marriage

That's a shitload of assumptions, right there.

Cancer? Or absolute bliss and good mood, where everything tastes good and you gain energy or a sense of relaxation depending on whatever strain you pick. Smoking a cig could maybe relieve some stress, but good indica relieves a thousand times more.

I thought I told you to go fuck your mother?

God your country sucks...

have you read the article though granpa

>Copy link
>Have to register to view
A 1st grade understanding of physics could refute you, you fucking gypsy faggot.

The same is happening in western Europe too.

The smoker is the new nigger.

>But secondhand smoke is very harmful.
This was proven to be untrue a long time ago. Casual exposure to secondhand smoke carries no statistically significant risks. The anti-smoking crusaders ran with the idea only because it was a good way to paint smoking as hurting more than just the user.

Hitler disapproves

here you go ya goddamn bicycle helmet wearing americunt
academic.oup.com/jnci/article/109/12/djx075/3836090

>Smoking improves cognitive ability
There are other nootropics that you can do that won't kill you, leaf.

lungs are meant for oxygen

Gib sauce you fucking nigger, most smokers i know are literally braindead retards

what could possibly be wrong with heating organic matter a few hundred degrees and inhaling the reaction products.

then also take with you this
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2509609/

>The Media Paints smokers as degenerates yet shows Weed smokers as normal

Was the exact opposite case for decades though

All tobacco products contain radioactive polonium and lead. This is a peculiarity of the plant itself, not the companies that process it. Alpha particles emitted by these compounds cannot penetrate human skin, but are disastrously damaging to lung and mouth tissues and are the root cause of most cancers linked to tobacco. This is why no one has ever been able to link marijuana to cancer. Marijuana does not exhibit this affinity for radioisotopes. There is no upside to tobacco use. Nicotine is the only active ingredient with positive effects and those positive effects are dwarfed by drugs like ritalin and adderall.

When lower classes smoked weed and higher classes smoked cigarettes, weed was demonized and tobacco was celebrated. Now it's reversed. Smokers are seen as low class, dirty, unconsciously seen as carrying diseases, and so avoided and ostracized.

You have posted this before

Depending on where you live you can make a day trip to a state where the age is 18 (I'm not sure the age to buy in the state's surrounding Cali but you can look it up)the age in Alabama is 19 so I occasionally make a trip to Georgia you can do this because of article IV section I of the constitution which basically says other states have to accept other states' issued documents like a license

You're trying to analyze something you don't understand. There's more to smoking than cancer and the immediate effects of nicotine.

Because it increases your T.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405

And dieing before pension is actually less of a burden for the welfare system, so the government cant enslave the population.

>most smokers i know are literally braindead retards
Smoking per say dosent influence you intelligence, but it helps you to concentrate for longer time and contrary to a lot of drugs that have similar effects it dosent directly melt your brain.

A lot of the intellectual high performers of the past smoked, like Einstein, Feynman and Bobby Fischer.

The spontaneous unsanctioned social clique.
You solicit a lighter and it's like being in a secret frat, there's a reason smoke filled rooms symbolize power. They don't want you talking to strangers on street and even acquaint them, they want atomization.

Great retort, Ja'davius. Feel free to do your own research or ask a white guy to do it for you. You will find that I am correct.

Here's the thing anons, I'm 22, smoked for 2 years. 2-3 cigs a day for the first year and then 4-5 the next. I quit this December when I got ill. Then smoked 5 on 31st December after getting shit drunk. Then I smoked twice when I was fucking stressed out. I want to go out and smoke one right now, what should I do Sup Forums? I really miss smoking but if it does me no good, I'm ready to quit.

>Word on the street is because Jews don't have control over the Tobacco industry as its largely dominated by "WASP" Anglo types with large southern land holdings.

I've always thought it was because tobacco corps donate to Republicans mostly.

It's well known in occult circles to increase testosterone/aggression and is used ritually for this purpose. You can pick up 777 by Crowley explaining this partially.

The air is shit here, smoking may be less a priority.

Its not very common here, no.

Weed smoke is worse for yojr lungs

I don't live in Delhi. Mumbai is much better air quality-wise. And if we are breathing air with quality comparable to "45 cigarettes

I don't live in Delhi. Mumbai is much better air quality-wise. And if we are breathing air with quality comparable to "45 cigarettes" then I'd rather smoke.

Both are degenerate, you subhuman smoking scum

>Picking up girls in the smoking area is the easiest way in a club as you can actually chat to them for a bit and you have an opener by just going up and asking for a light.

So true and the reason why millenial white guys can't get laid anymore.

Both are degenerate but I agree

They smoked because it was super comman and "cool" at the time

Because people like me used it as a way of telling people to fuck off. You can say a lot with a cloud of smoke and some talent. Some people are just flipping out right insane and try to wrap you into there logic When you blow smoke at them its hared for them to get in your face and scream stupid shit like your a Nazi ect.

US is a society of convenience over sense. It's one of the biggest problems we have here that we have to overcome if we're going to recover and become well. Question though: how much does an average pack of store-bought cigs cost in your part of the UK?

Dip and chew are for real men desu.

Because the merchant hit us with A-tier propaganda a while ago and a ton of people still die from lung cancer. Moderation isn't very common over here, with anyone.

Look up Popcorn Lung

I need to go get a pack

It’s one of the last majority white owned global industries.