Catholic questions

As a swede, there are a few problems I face when I question my religion

There are barely any christians left in Sweden, and the few that remain are protestants. I however, dont want to be protestant since its a weak ideology with a corrupt core mindset. I know in my heart that if I am religious, then I am a catholic.
My family down in Italy are catholic, but my family here in Sweden is not religious at all, this however is not the problem since they are okay with whatever I want to believe, as long as I stay away from the muslims.

No, the problem is that there are barely any catholics at all in Sweden, only around a hundred thousand among ten million. There are more muslims than there are catholics, which is partly due to the Swedish history of making cahtolicism a crime. Also, I cant become a confirmand since there are no catholic institutions that deal with that here, nor are there any real churches. The few catholic congregations that do exist feel half assed at best, and most of them stray far from their beliefs.

So, what can I do? I wish to pray, but feel the need to go to church, and I wish to devote myself to the lord but I dont want to offend by doing a half assed work. I feel isolated and alone, since all my friends are atheist or non believers. The woman I love is christian, but part of the protestant church. What shall I do? I need some sort of guidens, but I have no priest to talk to.

What should I do?

bli mormon favä

gick med förra året och har en svensk mormon fv. seriöst ett av de bästa sakerna jag gjort i mitt liv.

The pope is a cuck

As an Orthodox I must say it's better to be Protestant than (Roman) Catholic.

>since its a weak ideology with a corrupt core
Yet the individual parishes have more freedom to preach what they like.

finns det bra församlingar?

I second that

there is no point in freedom, there is one god, the lord and he is true and mighty. There is one way, the true way, and believing anything else or trying to pray in a way other than the true way is sinful. I am well aware that the diffrences in the Christian church are but small, but it is important to do things right.

>and believing anything else or trying to pray in a way other than the true way is sinful.
Then why did the Papist church revise it's theology so often? If there is one true way, then it's clearly not the Papist church.

>it's
*its

join the masons, brother.

because the papist church is striving for perfection to please the lord, while the other chruches are trying to do the same thing but in the wrong direction. I fully believe that one day all chruches will unite as one, under the same belif and struggle, but that so far the ones that are making the most progress is the catholics. I understand that this goal wont be in my lifetime, and since perfection is a loose description, maybe never. But that wont stop people from trying

Protestant think people can still be christian without going to church, listening to priests and reading the bible. Then they complain about the lack of social interactions while still calling themselves non-practicants.
There's only ONE church and it's catholicism, THAT's what's gonna make people stick together and maintain christian future generations.
>more churches
>more structure
>more social interactions
>more indoctrination
>more knowledge
>more identity
Italy number of terrorist attacks: 0

so what do you recommend, you do after all live in the core country?

definitivt, dock bättre om man bor i lite större städer

svårt, bor tyvärr på landet-ish

Catholicism. I don't think mine is a really unite country, but east european countries aside, it's definitely the most unite in europe and I think a lot is due to catholicism: go to church, read the bible (both in your language AND in latin), pray and take part in your local church social activities like making your children go to catechism.

and what about my woman? is it okay that she is of a different church, but still a christian?

>because the papist church is striving for perfection to please the lord, while the other chruches are trying to do the same thing but in the wrong direction.
Nah mate, you're brainwashed, the Papist church only ever cared about political gain. Read about the whoremongering Popes and Vatican II, they even sanctified an atheist (Mother Theresa).

I will always prefer those who seek to get closer to God (even if they be misled), to atheists who just want to use Christianity.

>both in your language AND in latin
Why would anyone do that? The original Bible is written in Greek.

we may argue for right and wrong for as long as time allows, but the fact remains as you said, that following god is better than following ones desires

>I wish to devote myself to the lord but I dont want to offend by doing a half assed work
Intentions matter.
I don't know exactly what the Church recommends for people in your situation, but it's better to do the best you can than to do nothing.
It's hard finding a good congregation in America, so I can only imagine what it's like in Sweden.
You may want to think about moving if this is something really important to you. Not to a different country, but just to whatever decent church you can find in Sweden.

As for your girlfriend, the issues you'll face probably depend on what kind of Protestant she is, and how devout she is.
It doesn't really matter what she believes if she doesn't practice the faith much.
And an Anglican is probably going to be easier to get along with than a Quaker, for example.
Any divide is probably not insurmountable, but the two of you will have to work on your relationship more in this area.

Finally, remind yourself that God is on your side.
Strive to be a good Catholic, and keep looking for ways to improve, even if you're never perfect.
That's pretty much the entire idea behind the religion anyway.

Protestant
> its a weak ideology with a corrupt core mindset
Like catholisism isnt that too, look at the vatican