By now you've probably heard of Bitcoin's meteoric rise in 2017...

>By now you've probably heard of Bitcoin's meteoric rise in 2017. Maybe it got you thinking that you might want to be a Bitcoin millionaire yourself? Easy, right? Just head over to the local 7Eleven and buy a few Bitcoins and sock them away so you might have something to bequeath to your pets, right? Well not so fast, because the creators of Bitcoin have devised a process to obtain Bitcoins that is so convoluted and obtuse that the only explanation for implementing such a process is that it was meant to be exclusionary. Take two seconds to see who owns Bitcoins and who does not and it becomes painfully obvious what groups of people were meant to be excluded. Women and People of Color.

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/blockchains-diversity-problem-why-women-aren-t-the-only-ones-missing-d6b2f42f126e
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/01/why-are-so-few-black-people-using-bitcoin/384268/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Here is just a smattering of terms a hopeful Bitcoin owner is required to understand before venturing out to purchase their very own handy-dandy Bitcoin: Blockchain, Nodes, Forking, and Wallets. Is your head spinning? Mine was too. So how is it that Bitcoins are so disproportionately owned by CIS white males? Why is it that they are the only ones that get to participate in the greatest wealth generator of this century?

>Historically, CIS white males have been afraid of competition. To rid themselves of competition they exclude certain groups of people from participating. It’s simple economics. If fewer people own Bitcoins the Bitcoins become more valuable. Now if everyone was able to have a Bitcoin and be rich then the CIS white males wouldn’t have all that money that they don’t even need. See why they don’t want you to have a Bitcoin? This is fundamentally how oppression works.

>Now I want you to do a simple thought experiment. Take a look at your skin and ask yourself if you are a POC. Then take a look between your legs and ask yourself if you have a vagina that bleeds once a month. Then ask yourself if you own any Bitcoins. If you answered ‘YES’ to either of the first two questions and ‘NO’ to the third then CONGRATULATIONS you are being systematically oppressed! Good job society. Real. Good. Job there.

>The creators of Bitcoin didn’t think of me though when they were making their stupid computer money. I’m a crafty little minx (:

>I employed the help of an ally. A CIS (just go with me here) Asian male who is well-versed in cryptocurrency. His name is Peter. I sat down with Peter so he could help me get a Bitcoin. After Peter was done subjecting me to the Top 5 worst mansplaining episodes of my life and after I explained to him that what he was doing to me was patriarchic bullshit and after I was convinced that his apology was genuine, we were able to proceed, gingerly.

>I told him that I wanted to hand him my credit card and I wanted him to get me $100 in Bitcoin. He said it was simple. He took my credit card. Then he said he needed my driver’s license to create my very own personal coinbase account where I would store my Bitcoin. A few hours later and I *winks seductively* was the proud owner of a Bitcoin!

>Please, sit down. You can stop clapping now (:

>In the midst of my visions of caviar and Instagrams of my legs sprawled out on the beach a horrific thought wiggled its way into my brain. To get access to my Bitcoins I had to use the privilege of my driver’s license. If you need a driver’s license to get Bitcoins then what HELL are POC supposed to do? I felt sick. I knew all the hoops I had to jump through to get a Bitcoin. I couldn’t imagine how impossible it must be for POC to get access to Bitcoins even if they had an ally like Peter.

>I eventually came to the conclusion that my ownership of my Bitcoin made me an active participant in the oppression of POC. So I instructed Peter to sell my Bitcoin. I made a handsome profit of $200, which I promptly donated to a charity that serves POC.

>So what are we supposed to do? How do we deal with this inequality?

>The only solution is to protest and boycott any person or business that deals in cryptocurrencies that are not fully inclusive. We also need to lobby to outlaw any use of cryptocurrencies. We do this until we can find allies that can make a cryptocurrency that truly gives access to all.

This is literally bigotry of low expectations. You’re saying that women and POC are too dumb to figure out what apparently the white men have figured out. This is the same child-tier logic applied to preventing voter ID laws because “Muh black people are too dumb to figure out how to obtain an ID”

And they call the right racists.

You know, you could have just posted the article.

/$493

Again the same thread? Are you masturbating on it cuck

>need drivers licence to buy buttcoins
wut?

What the fuck exchange were they using? Coinbase only ever asked me for a phone number so they could text me a secure code to log in with and my credit card for buying. Are people really this retarded?

Link to article.

Strange, then why are all the Bitcoin ATMs in Philly in dangerous POC neighborhoods?

...In other news, a recent bizarre rash of robberies where the assailants are demanding bitcoin from their victims. What could explain this new development?

hackernoon.com/blockchains-diversity-problem-why-women-aren-t-the-only-ones-missing-d6b2f42f126e

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/01/why-are-so-few-black-people-using-bitcoin/384268/

Post a link nigger.

also, tfw cant distinguish parody from real life anymore

/ourcoin / god fuck retards

Op is a faggot that posts this every day and I still haven't read it.

Ive been waiting for the crypto is raycist articles. Got original link m80?

>After Peter was done subjecting me to the Top 5 worst mansplaining episodes of my life and after I explained to him that what he was doing to me was patriarchic bullshit and after I was convinced that his apology was genuine, we were able to proceed, gingerly.
I hope that chink stole her encryption key

>>>stupid computer money

This is the reason this dumb fucks don't own bitcoins, everyone just thinks of it as funny money.

My favorite of all time is still the 'new machine learning study proves ai suffers from the same cognitive biases against minorities that humans have'

So basically women and non-whites are too dumb to use bitcoin.

And chicken shit is raciest?

must be a poe.
" A CIS (just go with me here) " Its just way too over the top.

>literally TOO DUMB for crypto

They aren't excluded, they are just too dumb and didn't take a ticket for this wild ride that will soon end

Is this a joke ?

>mentions that vaginas bleed once a month for no reason

>asks for help because you dont understand something
>wtf stop mansplaining me

>people of color are unable to get a driving licence
>an asian man somehow managed to obtain one despite not being white

No one is being exiled from shit. I'm a POC and make $300 a week day trading crypto which may not seem like much to you first worlders, but its about what I used to make in a month working an office job. These people want everything handed to them and don't want to take any risks.

haha i seen this headline on one of my news feeds, did not click. i just lold hard because they are too stupid to understand this pretty simple technology.

I hate it when these "journalist" speak for us. I downloaded a crypto course but never went through it yet because I just don't give a damn at this time.

Link? This would help redpill my normie friends and family.

Uh, what? If they want bitcoins, they can just buy them -- same goes for any cryptocurrency.

Or learn how to make them?

don't use the learn word, it's offensive.

>doesnt buy bitcoin
>blames it on white people

typical
all the rewards, none of the work

sounds like my ex-gf
(whom i got into BTC, but panic sold $400)

>buttcoin
>politically related beyond idiots gambling with it like any speculative investment

go back to /biz/ with all bitcoin shit you stupid nigger

I like this article because I am a white male.
I couldn’t have given less of a fuck about obtaining bitcoin so I asked my spic neighbors to help me with buying some drugs off the dank net.
He did all the work and in 2 weeks I got my drugs!

Thanks non whites and Bitcoin!