Bluray/DVD re-release of an old anime with reanimated scenes has more seeds than the original laserdisc/tv-ripped...

>Bluray/DVD re-release of an old anime with reanimated scenes has more seeds than the original laserdisc/tv-ripped release with original animation in tact.
Do people actually prefer the episodes with updated animation over the original?

I do, yes.

Probably because the original was hard subbed?

The re-releases are hardsubbed too tho

They're not, though.

I unironically prefer the right over the left.

That isn't the reboot, that's the DVD/Bluray rerelease.

Okay.

If I remember correctly, the laserdisc version had some issues other than hardsubs, which was a reason to watch at least some episodes in their BD form.
Also it's not like all of the episodes or all scenes have the new look. It's only a few that were reworked.
I get your autism though.
I have specific downloads for DB, Sailor Moon, CCS, and others that retain the most fidelity if the BD's or whatever new edition is just a filtered and resampled version of the original recording instead of a remaster or rerecording of the original files.

Do you happen to have a version of LoGH that has the fidelity of the BD's without the reanimated scenes? I'm currently rewatching with a friend who's never seen it before and kircheis death was completely botched.

I just switch between LD and BDs depending on the episode. AFAIK they reworked on those scenes because the frames were lost or something, so there's not much to be done other than upscaling the LD.

I use DBZ as an example. With Kai, they digitally color and alter over the original shots and it doesn't look authentic and it makes the whole series look the same. The fun part in watching it is seeing how different it looks in the beginning and throughout the series.

>2017 reboot
Uuuuuuuuuuuuhhh

From Production I.G.

The reboot isn't out yet, you nigger. We don't even know if it's happening at this point. See .

That's a picture of the reboot. This is a picture of Kaiser Reinhard. Get with the times.

That's weird, I watched this in 2015 and it looked like left.

me too

that remaster or whatever looks like the OVAs

which i never watched because it looked like a waste of time

You appear to be misinformed.

The 110-episode series is an OVA.

you know which i'm talking about, the 2000s prequel OVAs

Wait till you see what happens to the seed counts when the reboot comes out and displaces the OVA's.

Joke's on you, I've embraced streaming.

A fat lot of good that will do you when the reboot gets licensed and pirated LoGH streams start getting taken down in earnest. People will concentrate their efforts on reuploading the reboot itself, and possibly go as far as occasionally reuploading the OVA, which would be a niche product in comparison. The obscure pre-remaster laserdisc edition of the OVA? Yeah, good luck getting that streamed.

Well, let's hope DMM and IG don't fuck this one up.
With DMM coming from the barely-clothed-girls-on-the-Internet industry, they seem like a bad fit for LOGH.
On the other hand, I'm looking forward to their version of episode 40.

The original will always be around to appreciate, but damn it would it make things more difficult when dealing with newfags.

>noticeable differences between the new series and the OVAs start piling up
>OVA purists analyze the differences scene by scene and blast IG for taking excessive liberties
>most of the differences turn out to be areas where the new series was faithful to the books and it was actually the OVAs that made shit up
Calling it.

I like laserdisc version