So why hasn't there been an s3 yet? The first two were massive successes and they even released a movie...

So why hasn't there been an s3 yet? The first two were massive successes and they even released a movie, why not just a third season instead?

A-1 isn't letting go of their cow as long as the sun keeps shining. Expect a third season in five years at the most.

Isn't fairy tail still going?

>five years at the most
That seems like a long time if they don't want their core audience to move on

Dengeki and Aniplex are the ones that decide that. A-1 mostly exists to do what Aniplex tells them to.
Think of Bandai and Sunrise.

Fairy Tail S3 hasn't aired yet

Just a matter of time.

The second series stopped a year or two ago to let the manga get further ahead. But as I recall, they have a third series planned, so it's just a matter of time too.

Probably a pessimistic estimate.

>manga
I thought they were LNs. TWO

Dengeki isn't very smart at what they do. If they knew what they were doing S3 would've started airing over one year ago or we'd have a Progressive anime at least.

Did Fairy Tail have filler? I dropped it after about 40 episodes

>Progressive anime
user please, we all know they'll never do something unironically good

>Probably a pessimistic estimate.
I don't know the movies already done airing in japan seems like if they wanted to do something they'd at least have announced it by now considering average announcement to air time is at least a year, they're really letting easy money get away

Season 3 will come eventually. I feel like the only reason they did a movie for this instead of S3 is because disc sales are falling as years go by, while with a Movie they can more profit off of it then people buying discs. Also, it is a way too capture a new audience outside of the late-midnight market into franchise so they can make more profit off the franchise.

Actually its Kadokawa that makes the final decisions. They are the owners of the IP.

And the real reason they are "stalling" is cause they don't want to oversaturate their main sellers. They also own Overlord and Mahouka and NGNL among others that have S2/movies coming out too. It's better to have a constant stream of revenue than have it all in one lump. This is good business sense.

Kadowkawa or not announcing a third season at this point would just be a bit odd, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being one those series where people are still asking years later when they're going to make a new season.

They made the movie to let AR arc finish. Expect Season 3 next year.

>tfw actually looking forward too sao bashing threads where people complain but keep watching

The whining about the series never seems to add too me when it keep selling like crazy. It just feel like people are just saying shit about it too look cool, but still like the show.

>It just feel like people are just saying shit about it too look cool
Welcome to modern Sup Forums

Fairy Tail is manga. There've been a few LNs though.

Yeah, it did.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

japs hates money and popularity. The are waiting for airing in 3-7 years for flopping hard to the ground and have to bankrupt.
whatever, and the end of the day, they doesn't seem to be ''that'' smart

Pretty much this. When the show started getting popular, Sup Forums went full 1984 and decided it has always hated SAO. We have always been at war with Eastasia indeed.

Modern Sup Forums hates anything popular because they think that being contrarian faggots will convince others they're oldfags, when they have no idea how oldfags actually acted

Miki's priority is index S3 now

They actually got out of Dengeki and Kadokawa's grasps now in terms of decision making of greenliting and producing and anime.

They're in straightedge now which makes them easier to adapt anime

>Modern Sup Forums
The entire site is inherently counter-culture and in some cases counter-counter-culture. It's been like that since the beginning and even on the god damn something awful board it started in.

>it's selling well, therefore everyone criticizing it must secretly like it
That's an incredibly juvenile way of seeing the world. I think SAO has a few fun concepts thrown around but the series is held together through rubber bands and used gum. Under any level of scrutiny the whole thing falls apart. In a way that can make it even more entertaining, but it completely removes the ability to enjoy it at face value. Even Kawahara has come out and asked that people try to ignore all the holes and enjoy the story he was trying to tell rather than the one he did. Though he only meant that for the early parts, but it's not like it stops being true. When the foundation of your story is falling apart it's hard to build up something meaningful. At least Accel World is better about that.

I find it hypocritical that the the same people who keep saying SAO is shit and you shouldn't keep watching it otherwise you have shit taste still keep coming back to watch more SAO whenever new content comes out for it despite supposedly hating it badly. SAO being critisized for it's flaws I have no problems with because I also have issues with it myself despite enjoying the series.

I just don't like people who like shitting on others who enjoy and keep watching the show when they themselves keep watching it .

Here are the facts. The only good thing about s1 is cousin and the only good thing about s2 is Sawashiro. These are the only two reasons why anyone on Sup Forums likes SAO.

aids girl is my spirit animal

By the time S3 comes out it'll be CG Art Online

The end of the movie already said more SAO anime is coming. It's probably in the planning stage now.

Given how Eir Aoi is on indefinite hiatus, who's gonna sing the theme songs now? They'll need at least four artists but they'd only have three.

>aids girl
Aidschan was the absolute worst arc, even the fairy arc was better than the rosario arc, maybe I'm just a fucking psychopath but that entire fucking arc made me laugh, she's better than everyone (but kirito who of course held back) only because she's dived 24/7, only because she has not just AIDS but drug resistant super AIDS. Literally can you try any harder. Worst arc no matter what nu/a/ claims.

Call it "Index Syndrome", call it "Code Geass Syndrome", call it "Haruhi Syndrome".

S3s are apparently difficult for some reason.

>Code Geass Syndrome
user...

I know, user, I know it's coming.

>nu/a/

leave, faggot

Def this year or the next
cash cows never die

Fortunately or unfortunately, the third season's in production right now. Should be dropping late this year or early next. Or so my sources say.

They need some time for the merchandising from the movie to lose heat, anyway.