How come Rome never expanded into Sub-Saharan Africa?

How come Rome never expanded into Sub-Saharan Africa?

Did they fear the Black Warrior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MiGdFnlzBdo
mygeo.info/landkarten/deutschland/Deutschland_cia_2005.gif
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire
youtube.com/watch?v=vdJB-qkfUHc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romans_in_Sub-Saharan_Africa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile_exploration_by_Roman_emperor_Nero
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periplus_of_the_Erythraean_Sea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because it was desert and shit

They had Camels.

No reason. They controlled all trade between Europe, Africa, and Asia/Middle East and had the living space for their people. Simply put, the desert would have expanded manpower pointlessly.

Camels to conquer shit hut and desert ?

*expended

Not back then.
It was veldt, desertification came later due to the medeival warming period.

Lol the Berbers back in those days used to hunt Blacks for sport. It's true look up the Garamantes, West Africa wasn't explored until the 15th century. The Romans couldn't conquer desert the same way they couldn't conquer the steppe or Arabia. The Romans didn't conquer Sweden and they still evolved into the Modern cuck.

I've read somewhere that Romans conquered only areas with functioning markets and economies, and while they traded a bit with caravans from Mali, they never invaded it because they saw literally nothing of value down there.

They controlled Nubia for a while, but after a revolt they decided it'd not be worth conquering it again.
So not exactly fear, but you where enough of a nuisance for them to not come back just to rule over a strip of desert.

They only invaded land that would be a valuable addition to their empire. They also didn't invade Ireland. Why would they go through a desert just to get to a bunch of monkeyhumans when they could invade Ireland instead?

nothing of value, desert made trade and travel difficult, niggers - no one wants to deal with niggers, and malaria and other disease also contribute.

Egypt and the middle east was much more lush and green back then but the Saharan desert has always been a dry desert. The reason is that the heat from the equator rises up and then settles down further north because of the tilt of the earth and because it spins

The black warrior wouldn’t have any organisation. The Romans could have stormed the continent tribe by tribe. They probably saw no need to though, probably didn’t see Africa’s value in terms of resources. Plus it’d be exhausting and dilute manpower elsewhere.

Because all the roman aristocrats and rulers were of Black, sub saharan, origine... obviously.

Romans were Blacks why they should have invaded their Black brothers.

It would not have been pointless though as Rome began to collapse partially as a result of a lack of expansion. It was an entirely a slave based economy after all, and needed the influx of workers

cus it was even less civilized than today

So why invade Africa? Why not Ireland or Scandinavia?

>How come Rome never expanded into Sub-Saharan Africa?

The desert. You could only travel so far into it before you ran out of water, and while you could travel further down the coast by sea, once you stepped off the boat you had disease.

>what is the Sahara desert?

Black IQs, ladies and gentlemen.

Because the Irish and Scandinavians lived in huts while the Africans lived in cities.

germans wuz strong n shit.

ALL LIVES MATTER
Everyone else is a racist.

youtube.com/watch?v=MiGdFnlzBdo

Why did they have problems with germanic tribes for all the time? Why with east europe`?
Why with england?

The map you use is also not very accurate.
They didn't date to step over the river Rhine too much.

mygeo.info/landkarten/deutschland/Deutschland_cia_2005.gif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire

>Invading this

Oh yeah good point. Except, you know, for the fact that they didn't and shit

>Rome began to collapse partially as a result of a lack of expansion

I thought Rome collapsed because of expansion. Making citizens of all those Germans put a strain on the economy, it essentially became a welfare state that couldn't feed it's army, and that's when the Huns showed up.

There wasn't anything there.. that's the desert man.
You guys didn't have anything worth stealing anyways.

Because there was giant worms in the desert

Yes they did.

This

They didn't consider it valuable, in fact it wasn't until the 19th century when people colonized it for mainly labour. But of course a spear chucker like you already knew this.

that isn't what black theology churches teach.

0:18
youtube.com/watch?v=vdJB-qkfUHc

bingo

No need to post pictures of your feces, user

Yes they did

Pic related, descendant of BLACK Africa versus descendant of Roman Empire.

Northern africa had big settlements like carthage and the nile delta basin. Both of those areas held significant economic value. Ireland and Scandinavia where barely populated and had little economic value. iirc the romans wanted germany because of their huge manpower, not because of its riches.

There's like over 200 reasons why the empire fell, but idea of the lack of expansion just means less booty and loot equals less wealth and happy legionaires. Best defense is best offense.

MY NIGGA!

>entirely a slave based economy
lol what

As usual this thread is retarded, but yes, there were several empires under the sahara and the romans knew about them and had trade with them. that's why they didn't colonized, cause it would have required a costly invasion and genocide.

Yeah and this why they invaded North Africa. We're talking about why Rome didn't invade Sub Saharan Africa

Africa is an entire continent. Europe is an entire continent. Africa still has mudhuts to this day and any ancient glory it once had disappeared in the sands of time since the natives didn't give a shit.

Close but wrong, look up the scorching and the lost east trade kingdom.

Son of Zanj.

You said africa though. Anyways most of the reasons have been mentioned in this thread. It was just not profitable enough. If there had been an oasis filled with gold in the middle of the sahara and with a big population, im sure they would've gone for it.

I imagine myself in Europe, leading my platoon. Our mission is to stop wh*Te dogs from advancing. We mow down wh*Te dogs but they keep coming. I shoot wh*Te dogs but run out of ammo so I draw my scimitar and begin slaughtering wh*Tes, since wh*Tes are way more psychically inferior to me, I slay them by dozens. Then I get shot, but I didn't fall, I kept fighting. Then shot again and again. The wh*Tes were shooting me from a distance like a cowards they are. I lie down, facing up to sky and I see KARA BOǦA (allah) smiles at me, I smile back... Then I woke up, in Africa, my homeland. My BLACK brethren gave me a warm welcome to heaven. I finally made it, I finally made it into heaven..

Literally live in a Istanbul slum reviled by Turks for being related to Ottoman slaves, you have no worth.

Lol Rome did go into sub Saharan Africa. They fucked Meröe (East African empire) up bad. They weren't afraid of the niggers, as a matter of fact, it was the other way around. The sub saharans couldn't hold a candle to Rome and they knew it after meröe got fucked.

you forgot to change your flag man.
remember when ottomans used to castrate black slaves to get them guard the harem ?

They did not know the way.

Apparently not all were castrated.

The man in the video you posted is an heretic and should be burned.
Romans didn't invade Scandinavia because also Vikings were Black. Pic related

No. Niggers were and are terrible fighters.
It was simple logistics.

hahaha

I hate fucking turk roaches so god damn much.

Roman society heavily relied on slave labor to do most mundane tasks throughout the empire. The average citizen often did very little which was one of the reasons for the need for bread and circuses.

Afro-Turks aren't Turks, they are basically worse than Gypsies and Negros combined.

because they couldnt rule them

and were too autistic to think of the idea of colonies

I said partially it was a mix of many things.

why should they cared about a fucking desert?

Unfortunately I may add.

>they controlled all trade between Europe, Africa, and Asia/Middle East

no, that'd be iranians

North-South expansion is much harder than East-West because you have to deal with massively changing climate on the way.
This is also the reason that Africa is such a shithole - almost no transfer of technology possible (animals, plants,...).

Who knows I am just saying invading Africa wouldn't have been a waste of time. I doubt invading those areas would have been either.

>8000 years ago
>medieval
Schoolboy error.

And easy to transport logistics. Western Europe has tons of navigable rivers to transport shit from the Mediterranean, Sahara, none. Also that's correct too, that's why they didn't go into Germany as well

No one ever thinks of logistics when coming up with this silly what if and why nots

>the European fears the big black cock

Because what was to be gained?

The Sahara idiot

take a look at the map, think if you can, you can easly see that they controlled all trade in EU, asia and so on.

>the reason they didn't invade Ireland is the same reason they didn't invade subsaharan Africa
>pic related

They wuz kangz n shiet

What was the point? So let’s assume they ignore the costs and risks involved with crossing the Sahara and then go for it...

For what, exactly? What did Sambo have other than the bone through his nose to trade with the superior Roman man?

that's not true, all they did was living like people did in the stoneage

>implying
except when they needed to crush some trouble makers like in pic related's case, it was deemed not worthy
like scotland and shit

a circumcision is dick washing?

Doubt the romans where that knowledgeable about disease n sheit.

Checking those repeaters. Egypt was THE bread basket of the world, one problem in Egypt meant starvation in Rome.

>Look ma, none of our plebs have jobs because all the slaves took em, let's go get some more.

Allow foreigners that have no idea whatsoever what your empire stands for. Appease those foreigners by gibs and whatnot, just so they don't rebell, make no effort at all to assimilate them and even if you did, you'd still be out of luck considering that values must be drilled into you since birth.

Those foreigners gather around their own little groups, have their own shops, use their own language and when the tough gets going. Reconquista! Oops, I meant sack Rome.

Also noting they did explore it tho
on the Egyprian side they even got to model-day Uganda

Logistics was a bitch in those days and you should rue the fact that they decided it wasn't worth the effort, tbqhfam.

Actually the romans did send some scouts that far south, in one of the reports it warned of "smellus niggerus" translators today are still trying to figure out what it means

Interesting. Is there any literature on these expeditions?

>implying the irish are not related to you and that you are not celtic

Fuckass big desert, more pressing concerns to the East and North.

So, despite being mutts, Uncle Samuel still owns your ass?

I only read these ones, dunno of other more precise sources
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romans_in_Sub-Saharan_Africa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile_exploration_by_Roman_emperor_Nero
lastly, there was a trade route to India that passed on Somalian shores
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periplus_of_the_Erythraean_Sea

Malaria and they didn't grow tropical crops.

europeans didn't really try to colonize Africa until after the Colombian Exchange.

They need to clear land, drain swamps, damn rivers, kill off a fuck ton of dangerous animals, and then grow rice and maize for the colonists.

Europeans tried to colonize Southern Africa but cockblocked by commies and malaria.

Works both ways.

Expedition, and territorial claims require logistical support. The reason Rome's empire stretch only that far is because of it's proximity to the seas. A legion could only go so far in uncharted lands before it must require the addition of more people to sustain. Alexander did it better because he was diplomatic and present in all the places he went.

I'm actually Irish so I couldn't care less.

romans are vastly overrated around here

because people are badly educated in general

Yeah, the one called the tsetse fly and ebola

>Europeans tried to colonize Southern Africa but cockblocked by commies and malaria.
Tell the full story of what happened

then what is it ? self hatred ?

Thx!

no prob lad

That's what the Helvetii said too!