Summon Average High Schooler from Modern Japan (tm) to save your isekai

>summon Average High Schooler from Modern Japan (tm) to save your isekai
>accidentally summon his best friend too
>turns out his best friend is a 超TUEEEE magician from Modern Japan (tm) who can BTFO everyone in this world
So we've gone past handing out cheat skills to summoned heroes?
Now they're just OP from the get go, no cheats needed?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=70424
novelupdates.com/series/i-got-reincarnated-and-mistaken-as-a-genius/
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The end result is the same, user.

I remember this.
Gave me Akashic Records vibes.

Isn't that the one where MC's magic is completely useless against the demons they're actually supposed to fight? I recall some people being really pissed off by that twist.

Lefille best girl

Then he goes out to wreck an entire army of demons. Turns out he was using the wrong type of magic.
Loli Lefille best girl.

>超TUEEEE
Ehat is that again?

Vaguely, it means "OMGHAX"

I do like the idea of a wizard from another world being summoned over rather than just a random kid. the idea of two different magic systems competing against each other is interesting.

>the idea of two different magic systems competing against each other is interesting.
>competing
This is like Usain Bolt competing in the Paraolympics.

Yeah, I don't really like how it's being handled in the story, just thought the idea was neat.

I remember a manga a while back about a MC who gets caught up in multiple concurrent plot lines from different genres. At one point, he goes to a fantasy world, grabs the hero sword from that world which has the power to cut through any magic (after killing the demon lord with a space laser), then comes back home and uses the fantasy genre's anti magic sword to fight against a modern urban fantasy wizard.

I'm gonna need some sauce on that crazy

Ore ga Heroine wo Tasukesugite Sekai ga Little Apocalypse!?

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=70424

I Saved Too Many Girls And Caused The Apocalypse

sadly scanslations are pretty dead (though a new chapter was released about a month ago for the first time in years). And the manga stops at like volume 5 or 7 or something of the LN (which has 16 volumes). But it's cute.

What the fuck.

Sauce?

The Other World's Magic is Too Far Behind!

>best friend is a 超TUEEEE magician from Modern Japan (tm) who can BTFO everyone in this world

Reminder that he's an "average mage".

Sounds like isekai Fate

you forgot the part where he takes alien tech and uses its tech to kill the demon king and take the sword and then uses the battle with the urban fantasy wizard to deter the aliens

Isn't that Re:Creators.

>Modern Isekai in a nutshell

That one's great. I was dying when he obliterated the demon king with the space laser gun.

Did scanslations die? I don't remember seeing any releases in a long time.

>sadly scanslations are pretty dead
Damn it.

Isn't that Drifters

Isn't that FGO

He is?
What the fuck can a high-tier mage do then?

He is average relative to his own world. Supposedly the strongest mages can wipe out the entire demon army by himself.

Why the fuck do they need such ridiculous powers in peaceful modern Japan?

I only read the translated WNs(up to vol 3) with a bit of summary from the later volumes. I haven't heard of an explanation on why the mages in the modern world are so OP and secluded.

probably just researching what magic can do, or the Police anti-magic force. Or the author just has not thought of that part yet

They are so OP because they have 3000 years of various research on magic. Pretty much the same as comparing modern physics to medieval technology, I guess.

As for the secluded part, I think the MC explained something about either oppression by normies or secrecy, but it's been too long since I read it.

I think it's mostly scholarly interest.
Magic is essentially physics, and physicists generally just want to know how reality works.
It just so happens that magic is directly useful in combat.

>Turns out he was using the wrong type of magic
Explain
I stopped reading soon after the MC left the capital I think.

Yeah, iirc, the magic developed in the Fantasy World isn't developed very much, so it's like comparing a sword to a gun.
Even if Japan is pretty peaceful, their world still has thousands of years of magic research compared to the fantasy world.

He thought DAEMONS were just a type of magical beast and thought he could just power through, bit it didn't work. But they were really DAEMONS, and the "obsolete magic" that everyone uses is blessed by the goddess so that's why it was so effective against the DAEMONS.

Goddess getting added to the harem when?

The novel already ended to, IIRC.

Idk, havent read that far ahead with TLs being so slow.

More isekai stories need to end in misery and death for everyone. The only one that really delivers is Grimgar, and even then I really, really wish they would just kill Ranta.

I mean, in most Western stories, ending up n another world is not fun. In the Chronicles of Narnia, Thomas Covenant and so on - Those dudes did not have fun. John Carter had a pretty shitty time too, despite having superpowers.

It's like they forget that the point is about being a stranger in a strange land, desperately out of your depth, exploring the horrors and wonders of the savage new world, instead of just autistically grinding stats DQ-style.

Fantasy heroes don't fucking do that. Aragorn didn't spend months killing goblins until he unlocked his [Critical] and [Proof of Kingship] skills!

Now and Then, Here and There

Re: Zero Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Muv-Luv Alternative

It's like you fucking miss the point that Japanese isekai stories are escapist power fantasies and have an inherent problem with the premise rather than the execution.

I liked 1 and 3, but I don't like 2.

It's strange how much tension a story loses when the protagonist can't participate in fights. Like, it shouldn't, but it does. It really does.

Well, that too. I think the point is that having it be an escapist power fantasy from the start isn't fun.

I mean, an isekai that writes itself would be "Average Japanese schoolboy wakes up in Dark Souls. Everything is a desperate scrabble for knowledge and survival. Good luck." That wouldn't be a power fantasy, that would be a survival horror series.

>I mean, an isekai that writes itself would be "Average Japanese schoolboy wakes up in Dark Souls. >Everything is a desperate scrabble for knowledge and survival. Good luck." That wouldn't be a power fantasy, that would be a survival horror series.
Yeah it sure is hard to survive with all these bonfires around here.

I don't know, man. I think having a fucking sword rammed through your guts and expiring bloodily would be a disincentive to dying.

Sure you can't die permanently, but it doesn't mean you can't suffer. If you died from breaking your legs in a jump, died of thirst two days later, and then respawned, the trauma would have you curled up in a huddled ball.

I mean, you can heal a broken arm. It doesn't mean breaking your arm is fun.

Was that added in the manga or something?
In the ln he fucked an army of demons and only their general wasn't instakilled, but his magic still fucked him up really bad

Just pointing out that Dark Souls is the complete antithesis of a "survival horror". Horror, maybe. But survival? Not when you're fucking undead.

To be fair, most undead eventually lose motivation and go Hollow after repeated deaths.

Lorewise the more you die the more you lose yourself anf become a mindless undead

So could be a more existential type of horror

The true existential horror is that the world is fucking doomed. The end of everything is here, and the only way to avert it is to suffer forever.

All isekai are interesting at first but in the end they are just pure shit.
Please stop reading shit genre.

Are there any Isekai where a guy gets summoned to another world, only to find it's almost exactly the same as ours and that he has no noteworthy powers?

>can't die and can still be a knight and mage that can gut unknown horrors

makes it more power fantasy than Re:Zero at least DS you can keep all your levels

now if you threw the average Japanese guy in 40k though it would still be a power fantasy if he's a space marine

lots of them

in fact one of the most popular novels (Kenkyo) is of that setting

I like this one. It's more of a parody of Isekai and it's just generally fun. Shame the manga keeps going on hiatus due to Japanese colds.

>manga will take years to get to the delicious brown giantess

I mean something more Grimgar-ish. All the characters there can fight pretty well, but fighting is still a terrifying experience.

Like, let's say you had to fight a Black Knight with whatever you could scavenge. Not your RPG character, you. You have a shield, longsword and armor you've scrounged for the dead, and you're fighting fucking Sauron.

I don't care how many times you get to try, you eventually develop a Pavlovian fear of men with big metal helmets.

That's just reincarnating into the same world.

I mean one where a guy is hyped about getting powers only to discover he won't have any, then decides it's good enough to be in a fantasy world only to discover it's basically the same as modern Japan.

I feel the time between chapters is what's keeping my interest.

I'd probably get bored quickly if I read the chapters all at once.

well there's this series

novelupdates.com/series/i-got-reincarnated-and-mistaken-as-a-genius/

don't bother reading this shit: sure the mc is op but the way the author always find ways to make him job in the first main fight of each arc is truly annoying. also, the author likes to remind the reader that mc is a decent swordsman however his swordsmanship is still shit compared to the other main swordsmen in the series and ends up becoming a writing device to make him job fights. lastly, the story peaks at the destruction of the monster army (which mostly takes place offscreen anyway) and becomes boring and repetitive, like most wn to be quite honest, afterwards

you go to fantasy world

what is your cheat skill?

Easy modo: tell it
Normal modo: roll powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
Hard modo: describe how you will make it OP
Very Hard modo: tell how someone can fight against it

The manga made me curious enough to look up the WN/LN and was pleasantly surprised that the early translated chapters were quite readable and the plot was decent enough for an Isekai.

Of course that was before I found out that it was picked and dropped by various groups resulting in missing chapters, clumsy machine translations, and irregular release schedules.

you know what I want

a Japanese OPMC in a Xianxia world
people often complain about the long-ass pacing and the sociopathic nature of the MCs (though I quite like that, it reminds me of Fist of the North Star) so I want a average high school Japanese guy going to the long-ass cultivation world and haxing everything. Hell even preaching bullshit pacifism when the Xianxia character are all like "you're courting death!"

As far as I know the church hates the mages and mages don't want to get shot and burnt at the stake shit.

Oh wait correction, magic that isn't church approved magic

Mages just want to be left alone to research and occasionally show off to each other.

That's not the same world unless i'm thinking of another with the same/similar name. MC went to her old house and discovered her entire family doesn't exist. Clearly not the same world.

So it's Fate.

Well there's no shit like the holy grail war so.

>Of course that was before I found out that it was picked and dropped by various groups resulting in missing chapters, clumsy machine translations, and irregular release schedules
Every time.

>implying common magic wouldn't become completely broken in hands of minmaxer who's main combat style is cheesing and bug exploits
Let's be honest, even something as basic as weak fire magic would become completely broken in hands of average nerd.