When's the housing market crash?

When's the housing market crash?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/million-dollar-homes-haunt-real-estate-market/
zillow.com/homedetails/13577-Al-Highway-227-Geraldine-AL-35974/2094733842_zpid/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

10 years ago

No way. 1-2 years max.

After Trumps done removing all regulations we'll see brand new crashes coming. This is how the millionaires make money with their Hedge Funds.

No crash, no dividends.

the crash will mostly affect the luxury rental market. too many $1500/mo (muh mixed use) apartments going up in areas where the median rent is under $1000. The city of Denver is already subsidizing single people $500 a month to move into these sorts of apartments just so they don't sit empty.

It's happening again my man.

I dont get you retards

the housing crash 2007 was caused by clinton era policies that forced banks to give mortgage loans to people who could not repay them because the politicians thought this would solve blacks having lower home ownership rates than whites

the currently high housing prices are a result of policies as well but the mechanism is a completely different one. policies have led to artificially high housing prices for many decades now without leading to a crash. the housing crash was not caused by high property prices but by forced loans. the prices themselves are so high due to regulations. they make it very tedious and more expensive to build property while also messing with the lucrativity. bureaus or other commercial or industrial buildings are much more lucrative than houses and especially in cities most people simply can't own their own house but have to either buy a condo or, much more likely, have to rent an apartment. but the laws are extremely in favor of the tenant. for example increasing the rent can be very difficult. so old people who rent the same apartment for several decades live in a very big and luxurious apartment for almost no money and the landlord is losing big money and can't do anything. when a new apartment building is constructed to compensate for this they will demand very high rents from the beginning so that they can still make a profit 30 years from now so the young people who leave their parents with a student debt simply cannot afford these rents that are adjusted several decades of inflation and rising property prices into the future

I dont think this housing market will crash or change abruptly either way but just slowly follow the trend set by regulations. you want cheap housing? then talk to your politicians and tell them to remove all the bureaucracy and regulation that keeps the supply artificially low and stop the uncontrolled immigration which keeps the demand artificially high

What could possiblai go wrong?

In my town - right now. It's officially cheaper to live in a hotel than in rental property now, and banks are refusing mortgages left right n center because folks making a half-decent $40-50k a year don't cut it when your average house costs $700k

Tomorrow. Sell now.

thanks just bought 100k

May 2019.
Screencap it.

Story on Drudge today about how a $1m home isn’t even a novelty anymore.

cbsnews.com/news/million-dollar-homes-haunt-real-estate-market/

That’s the average price in Hongcouver as well.

kek watch the UK implode they are even (((helping to buy))))
>Lack of supply in market
>Give millennials money for houses while building no more
>Kek irl

It already happened we're living in a zombie economy that everyone with half a brain is looking for the door on

This is accurate as fuck. Four rate hikes will happen this year. China its stopping bond purchases, no fha easing happening and actually there has been tightening by the decision to not lower fha mip. Rates will be 5% by december and by the time may of next year hits we will have too mich money pulled out of the economy to sustaon the growth weve had and there will be a correction...

...unless they decide to do something cool like open possibility for 40year loans on the GSE level... would be a good ace up the sleeve by a real estate mogul/president...

sauce on chinese stopping buying bonds

The sprawl in cities like Calgary is distrusting. Even Saskatoon is booming with new suburbs, all soulless black matte stucco and lotsa windows. Who the fuck could buy these places? Even the cheapest ones are 300-400k. There are only so many tech poos and bored chinks collecting property to go around. The rest are white-collar wage slaves keeping up with the Khanses. Those families are fucked.

>Calgary is distrusting.

Disgusting.

Fuckin phonefag spellcheck.

fuck your inflationary housing tricks, boomer scum. your wonderland asset values are going to pop, we're going to buy them, and there isn't anything you can do about it.

day of the echo soon.

40 year loans would cause a crash from boomers taking out 40 year loans then dying 2 years into the loan. We already know how that generation does things.

How does that cause a crash? Dead guy can't pay, bank flips the house and takes all the money from interest payments, origination fees, etc.

Yeah go back to school retard.

The house goes into probate if theres no will. Otherwise it goes to the heirs.

40yr loans in the usa would bring us an economic boom like we have never seen in the history of the world.

The price means nothing. Price will always rise regardless of rates. If they dont our nation cannot sustain.

They will literally print money until the prices rise. Im dead serious. Dont believe me? Look what happened last time.

All of this is great news for crypto though

And yes we will eventually purchase the houses. But pnly those of us that either own a successful business or those that have crypto. Doctors, et al

>How does that cause a crash?
>bank flips the house

You answered your own question. Banks are shit at flipping houses. Every bank owned property I've been in has had significant damage from the heat being shut off due to unpaid heating bills.
Get out of school and experience real life retard. What happens during probate? The house sits empty not being taken care of often getting significant damage. And what heir would take 38 years worth of debt for an overpriced toy their shitty boomer parents bought? Also

>reddit spacing

Can't wait for this to happen here in Miami as 60% of the residents here can't afford to live in all the new high rises being built every day.

BUY NOW OR YOU WILL BE PRICED OUT FOREVER

THE HOUSING PRICE DID NOT RISE, THE DOLLAR IS JUST DEVALUED PERMANENTLY

BUY BUY BUY BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE

It wont be enough alone to crash anything and the 40 year loans will make no difference when compared to a 30 year loan in thos regard. Nobody pays their loans off anyways whether its a 40yr, 30yr, or 15yr.

A statistically irrelevant number of people ever pay this shit off. But it will create a YUGE economic boom.

Literally this.

After it goes into probate the bank will file against the estate to get paid. If the estate doesn't pay, the title is transferred to the bank.
If there is a will, the house still goes to probate because...well...that's the point of the court...to probate wills. The only way it stays out of probate is if the house is transferred on death or there is a trust instrument not covered by a will.

Yes this will happen whether theres a 40yr or 30yr. Doesnt make any difference.

Realtor™ pls go

Soon™

Next 2 years and a lot more stuff to

WTF? You an esper or something?

>Nobody pays their loans off anyways
You are a complete retard.

I have been considering this exact thought. Should I keep my money in cash and wait for bubbles to pop or put half in a 30yr traditionally financed house? What say you anonanon?

it doesnt matter when you buy if you buy below market value.
Bought house last year at $710k in suburb outside Toronto which was very cheap at the time and is now worth at least $900k even with the dip in prices

Like the other guy said, banks suck at flipping houses. My ex-high school girlfriend in Denver works in real estate and is always bitching about how the houses just fall apart while banks sit on their ass failing to maintain the condition of their foreclosed inventory.

>tfw live in Bay Area
>tfw even if housing market crashes prices will never go down

It will take some fucking tech meltdown for me to ever be able to afford a house here.

What makes a difference is publicity. Boomers buy anything new. When they hear theres a shiny new loan they will all be lining up to get it. And telling them no would be age discrimination which boomers made illegal. They will take the nicest house the loan will give them with the intent of never paying for it. Then when their dead whoever is still alive has to clean up the mess they leave. That's how they've been doing things the entire time they've been in power.

If this is a bubble it should be popping anytime now, otherwise it's not a bubble. Give it one more year the most.

They dont. Source: I work in mortgage.

In fact, the average american homeowner refinances every 3-5 years and these refinances are so important to our economy that the government will protect it at all costs. Theres too much revenue from it, salaries, cash outs, remodels, etc. even just value appreciating in a given area will be used. These homeowners will be hounded by loan officers until they finally give in and pull out equity, which many times makes sense. Its just the way the world works bros.

I know those feels fellow bayreanon.

This time the global economy will crash and it will cause WWIII. It can't come soon enough, this slow dying shit is more than I can take.

>two crashes

First will be the little crash when people in blue states with homes over $450k start cashing out. Then the big crash, maybe 10-20 years as Boomers start cashing out of life and there is no one to buy up all of that surplus housing.

Is pulling out the appreciated equity a way of taking profits? Seems like a smart thing to do if you get the present value of money. What's the downside, refinancing fee's and such?

>tfw no 6 figures in RSU's waiting for the next downturn
>tfw can't compete with foreign investors and rich boomers/techies

JUST

This boomer thing is a yuge problem, one of the reasons we import “refugees.”

I think we should be okay though cause we got crypto, and then gold.

They do. Source: You're a faggot

In fact, you're gay. And those literally aren't verified sources or facts. And even if it is true, working in mortgage doesn't make you an authority on economics. Learn what facts and reasoning is.

Yea, I also thought it was popping when DOW was around 18K which I then pulled my investments out of equity and parked it in cash.

>he thinks housing crashes are bad
need to deflate those inflated assets bro

When the bitcoin crash happens.

Exactly! Borrow at 3% and invest at 9% per year in stock, or 9% per week in crypto...lol!

Financing fees are always there, if they tell yu its no cost then youre just getting a higher rate. Mortgage bankers have been making $200k per year, these people are nasty motherfuckers for the most part, they dont work for free.

The problem is people dont use it wisely, they take the money out and spent it on crap.

Wow your source is really good.

Where did I say they were bad? I want to be able to afford a house.

Whatever dude, google it. Ever hear of the debt cycle? Nobody pays off their mortgage, not goyim anyways.

The point is to illustrate the someone claiming something anonymously on the internet with nothing to back it up is totally meaningless. It's like this board became infested with gullible retards.

This pic.

Problem comes when rates rise, less refinances happen and so we need a way to get people to do loans again.

40 year loans will come. This is not avoidable.

Yeah let me just google what career you work in

Hmmmm. I shall contemplate this on the tree of woe. Being in cash the last 3-4 years has hardened me even more with regards to equities.

It isn't entirely meaningless. I myself would be surprised if people paid off their original loan. I take it all with a grain of salt. Not all of us are gullible retards because we converse with another person without citing everything we do. I also have a brain that can look up the information if I feel inclined to.

He's not wrong buddy. Banks aren't interested in you paying off your mortgage. They want you to be paying it off forever, so they can keep collecting interest and securitizing your debt to bundle it into collateralized debt obligations to sell to investors. That way they can lend out even more money to people who can't pay back their loans.

An unrelated chart doesn't help your argument. Back to the original argument, banks want people to continue making payments. Dead boomers don't make payments.

People don't want to be paying back loans forever. So some people pay back their loans.

The solution to any debt crisis is to just inflate our way out. At least currently, because theres no more agreeable answer to the people whos opinions on this matter.

Works for us, of youd like the $500k payment in dollars? Let me just sell one btc...

>When will the housing market crash

Not as long as the boomers live.

You see, that's the only thing they have going for them....their bullshit, shitty, worthless shack.

They bought the line that a house is an asset, and they took a 30 year mortgage and finally have it paid off. They need the housing market to be in a bubble, otherwise they don't have SHIT.

So, long story short, when the boomers die.

>The solution to any debt crisis is to just inflate our way out
Worked out great for Zimbabwe didn't it? The solution is to not cause these stupid problems by being responsible with money in the first place.

Homes really should be depreciating assets....we literally have to tear them down after a certain point.

Idk what y'all talking about.

Midwest suburbia. As generic as it gets.
>$140k house, 3 bed 2 bath 1100sqft with a detached garage, decent yard.
>$900 payment
>$41k/yr Income
And I live very comfortably.
It would cost me $1500 to rent identical house.
It's literally cheaper to rent. In my area it will cost you $800 to get a shitty apartment where niggers live.

Cheaper to *buy
My bad

But China..U.S. treasuries

I paid cash for my house. No ragrats.

When the Mexicans get deported and demand drops

Housing prices will not crash in the foreseeable future. Now is the time to buy. Prices are on the way up but financing is at a fifty year low.

I’m in training as a sales rep for new construction. Have I made a wise career choice or is the market going to crash and my family will starve?
My plan is to make a butt load of money and live frugally for a few years and then buy a house outright and then I’ll get a job doing something else most likely

>4 beds 5 baths 5,000 sqft
>$127,000

zillow.com/homedetails/13577-Al-Highway-227-Geraldine-AL-35974/2094733842_zpid/

I think many in SFL will flee to North Florida due to this. Its just too cramp between the ocean and everglades

Same, but overall im up. Im just sitting now because the marked gone so high if I go back in now i might be entering before a drop.

I think its going to deflate in the US more slowly except in some areas like NY/CA where ppl are just running from those taxes

I live in Seattle. Luxury Condos are everywhere, but that's all you're going to find. They're off the market in a few days.

What if this crash is purposely being caused by China?

then you thank the chinks for a great buying opportunity

If you get good at construction buy a plot of land in the middle of nowhere and build your own house. No matter what economy you're in you'll be fine if you can do that.

I sell the houses I don’t build them. But yes, that’s the dream. My wife and I want to have a small farm

I got all the best of South Florida without crazy num gets of people. Plus only conservative county in South florida!

>Then the big crash, maybe 10-20 years as Boomers start cashing out of life and there is no one to buy up all of that surplus housing.
>This boomer thing is a yuge problem, one of the reasons we import “refugees.”

umm... they'll just leave it to children and neetchildren