A Cold Winter

>washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/10/bill-de-blasio-divests-new-york-pensions-sues-oil-/

tl;dr NY sues BP, Exxon, etc because they caused climate change. Only them and the did it on purpose

You know what? If I was Big Oil I wouldnt sell a single drop of gas to NY. See how they'd like that climate change

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/11/23/climategate-2-0-new-e-mails-rock-the-global-warming-debate/#1d4a2e2127ba
skepticalscience.com/Mikes-Nature-trick-hide-the-decline-advanced.htm
thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07/scientist-michael-mann-commits-contempt-court-climate-science-trial-century/
pjmedia.com/trending/2017/07/11/michael-mann-could-be-in-legal-hot-water-for-refusal-to-turn-over-hockey-stick-data/
corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-perspectives/our-position
corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-perspectives/our-climate-science-history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Luckily for NY, big oil doesn't care what idiots say about it, and they know they will easily win this case.

But i want to see them suffer.

Saw this earlier today and cannot fucking wait for this to go to trial. Why? Because DeBlasshole will have to prove in a court of law manmade global warming/climate change is real. This could be the end of Al manbearpig and Michael "hockey stick" Mann and the whole manmade global bullshit movement. No more carbon taxes. No more accords. No more sending shitload of money to UN, funds for lefty pseudo science and endless regulations in all western countries. I pray this goes to trial.

probably illegal to not sell them oil lol

>tl;dr NY sues BP, Exxon, etc because they caused climate change.
Volcanic eruptions release more chemicals which contribute to climate change than industry ever will. Maybe we should just sue mother nature.

forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/11/23/climategate-2-0-new-e-mails-rock-the-global-warming-debate/#1d4a2e2127ba

Refresher of Climategate 2.0 from 2011. Hiding the decline, massaging data and the circle jerk these gatekeepers at the top of the global warming chain did to keep out any study contrary to their position out of the peer review journals.

To clarify. They will have to prove it real and/or that it is significant and that it is dangerous.

Follow the funding of the lawfirm of this suit. Poor Bill has recently seen a line of funds get cold, so how does someone go about diverting State monies to a "recon" trip for a possible Presidential run? This web is sticky... sad.

Good read. Thanks.

Climate... Bane?
You can't spell climate without CIA

I don't think this will somehow turn into a legal question as to rather or not climate change is real. I think Exon will turn it around and say that nobody forced New York to turn on that fossil fuel powered light switch or allow cars on the road; in other words the citizens of New York are the ones responsible. The real reason for this lawsuit is probably a hail Mary to try to keep the books balanced.

skepticalscience.com/Mikes-Nature-trick-hide-the-decline-advanced.htm

Kek. Although that was pretty lame

yeah i forced it too hard :\

>If I was Big Oil I wouldnt sell a single drop of gas to Israel

fixed that for ya.

Volcanic gases reflect sunlight and have a cooling effect.

That could very well be the case but I am hoping they do force them to bring their data to light publicly for the first time. Michael Mann was recently part of a lawsuit in Canada last july that was not resolved where the conditions were such that he had to make his data available. He refused. Links related.

thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07/scientist-michael-mann-commits-contempt-court-climate-science-trial-century/

pjmedia.com/trending/2017/07/11/michael-mann-could-be-in-legal-hot-water-for-refusal-to-turn-over-hockey-stick-data/

This is the game they have been playing for years. Not allowing anyone but their tight group of people see their source data. Its getting late but when I was following all of this much more closely, there was one time where they had released some of the formulas that they were using for their models/graphs and no matter the input they would put into the model, it would only go one direction regardless of input.

The data is publicly available from NOAA's website. Plus, how are they going to use the defense that it is false when their official position is acknowledging the science?

corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-perspectives/our-position
corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-perspectives/our-climate-science-history

Do you honesty believe that graph? In the 4.3 billion year history of the earth do you honestly believe that human related CO2 are the main drivers of climate change? All the CO2 credited to humans is barely an earth fart (volcanic eruption). What percentage of total CO2 produced by humans/to nature?( decay leaves, release from ocean, animals, plants, eruptions etc) Is CO2 a greenhouse gas? Is it main driver of climate change? It certainly wasn't in the past. 10000 years ago most of the northern hemisphere was covered in thick ice. How many surbarbans were pumping co2 out back then? Why is it so hard for them to point out the biggest energy source in our solar system that during the years the earth was warming recently, other planets were too? Do I think we have some affect? Yes (moreso locally with the heat island effect and deforestation) but negligible in the scheme of things. And it's not so clear that having the earth a few degrees warmer would be a bad thing. Tell me which period of 5 or 10 years was the perfect ideal temperature for the earth? Why? And for whom exactly would it be perfect? It's very clear this scam always had an agenda to those who have benifitted the most by pushing it and forcing nations to give up more money and control and live a less rich life because of it. Tell me how giving billions or trillions to foreign countries or entities would help bring you to this magical ideal climate. Climate is always changing and will always change and unless you can control the sun, I'm sorry you're shit out of luck. Btw I'm looking forward to electric cars and clean technology. But the way you get there is not with these policies they prescribe. The free market will always deliver faster cheaper and more widespread than by government edict. All that money into those carbon schemes would be better served in investing in those technologies where customers pick the winners and losers and not government.

Many SA and Chinese oil leaders are currently trying to decouple oil from USD. Interesting (((coincidence)))

Michael mann?? I dont remember heat being about that type of heat

The amount of greenhouse gases released by volcanoes is easily offset by other gases that have a cooling effect due to the fact that they reflect sunlight.

If they are suing you for doing it, why would it be illegal to stop doing it?

Kek thanks for the laugh before I shut my eyes here. One of my favorite movies of all time.

I havent seen it in 10+ years i need to watch it again some time. Great movie

Yeah because a company is going to write off one of their biggest consumers of oil because they are butt hurt. Too much money in New York to be made.

Has anyone seen all of the "hurr durr Trump done stopped climate warmin' 'n' sheeeit".

Efforts to bring back manufacturing will reduce emissions from shipping, which is one of the greatest contributors.

>snowstorm hits a city
>THOSE GODDAMN OIL EXECS DID THIS

>Efforts to bring back manufacturing will reduce emissions from shipping, which is one of the greatest contributors
>Efforts
>Will