>Announce government infrastructure and tax cut spending
>Index shoots up
colour me shocked

Killing the TPP was great, fuck the TPP

thank the lord jesus

Herbert Hoover

YOUR PROFITS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE REST OF THE ECONOMY, BROSEF

>Cut taxes AT THE TOP OF THE FUCKING BUSINESS CYCLE
this, I'm already capitalizing my investments.
they probably coerced him purposely

Yeah he's only been doing high level business since he was fucking 20 after getting the reigns to a 50 million dollar company. What were you doing at that age? Jerking off in a college dorm? Fuck off and let the man do his thing

Oh yeah not to mention he's surrounded by master level jew bankers. I'm pretty sure they know a lil more about how to make money than you sweety

Yuck

Business isn't economics.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that tariffs rarely help anyone.

get a load of this faggot dont you have an abbos belly to rub or a 10 foot spider to take out of your shoe

Well when the problem is that every company wants to export american factories to chink children to cut costs what options do we have exactly.

You're too afraid to throw away something that isnt working. You would rather go down a shitty path because at least you're familiar with it

Even if Trump fails and America dies at least we went out fighting for what we need the same way we came into this world

>It doesn't take a genius to figure out that tariffs rarely help anyone.

>Bad goy
>Don't tax Chinese shit
>Let the Chinese employ slaves, dump waste in rivers and sell products under cost in your country
>Don't worry about the middle age factory workers stupid goy, they can work in Starcucks and retrain for the jobs of the future

Tarrifs work, Trump BTFOd Trudeau by putting tariffs on Bombardier's new passenger jet, 2 months later, Bombardier announced a partnership with Airbus to build the plan in Alabama.

>business cycle
I'm telling you all right now there is a 10th circle of hell prepared for Keynes and all his vampire minions.

>Name a more economically illiterate president
Neck yourself, lampshade.

Why would you want to? Americas an educated country, its unproductive to have people working on factory floors when they could be working in higher skilled, higher paying and higher output jobs.

the joke here is that he did, in fact, hit 3% gdp growth

Economically illiterate Sup Forumstards don't understand that the amount of tax on corporate profits does not impact the optimal/equilibrium amount of production for a corporation.

Do you guys even micro-economics? Oh sorry I forgot, education is for libruls.

i can't. he's also geopolitically illiterate to boot

Bombardier is a special case because A) Bombardier executives must literally be retarded considering they haven't made a single good decision in 35 years, B) Bombardier is basically a Crown Corporation, and C) Bombardier basically exists solely to suck various government cocks.

Tariffs are often a great idea and I don't know enough about the events you're referring to to come up with a serious argument either way. The thing is that Bombardier decisions have almost no normative or probative value because the entire company is a moronic, bloated, disgusting appendage of the Canadian Crown.

lol, except now canada is taking the case up with WTO
thehill.com/policy/finance/368439-canada-challenges-us-tariff-system

Nobody wants these jobs user, thats why they're in China and India. Would you really not prefer to be working an office job or trade at a much better salary?

>Bombardier announced a partnership with Airbus to build the plan in Alabama.
IF you just give these companies gibs they'll bring their business to your country sure but this has almost always proven to be a bad long term strategy. You have to cover the cost of the subsidy and also pay the higher price for the for the product. Subsidies also promote poor business practices (see farming subsidies removal in NZ )

Its mainstream economics user

Woah you mean cutting taxes and announcing spending increases short-run growth? I would've never guessed it.

>mainstream economics
Can we add "exclusively modern" to that? But you're right, the 10th circle will be one of the bigger ones. Are you still huffing the american academic system or do you have any theories of your own why we have the financial system that we do? Other than Whig history and Rational Objective Optimality? Actually maybe you're just an economics student.

>raising tarriffs while cutting taxes for businesses doesn't wo-

Oh wait, it's literally how Hitler fixed the German economy.

i don't think you know what communist means

Portfolio up 30% since he was elected :^)

I bet you think true communism hasnt been tried before.

>exclusively modern
i.e. the period during which we started in depth analysis of economic data. Besides user its not even like mainstream economics is that left wing, its just little prescriptions here and there for where government its better government be involved. Much of the deregulation, privatisation and trade liberalisation that happened during the 90's was specifically because many world leaders began listening to economists.

> the period during which we started in depth analysis of economic data
Confirmed for economics student. Btw the left/right nonsense is media dialectic and doesn't have much bearing on finance. Hitler was right-wing, right? And so was all of history? Hmm. Anyway I can tell that you believe in the status quo and the expertise of its official experts. You're gonna have a rough time on this board if you decide to hang around I think.

Neo liberal / neo conservative trade policy has hollowed out our country’s industrial core leaving shitty service jobs. Ross Perot was right.

The awesome office jobs are for H1b pajeets and gooks. Multinational trade treaties and global economics is a race to the bottom and nobody wins.

Bernie can still win Drumpflets. Stay mad. Oh and by the way..... it was HER TURN.

>Anyway I can tell that you believe in the status quo and the expertise of its official experts
I agree with some.

>You're gonna have a rough time on this board if you decide to hang around I think
I've been posting her for five years

>leaving shitty service jobs
So shitty that everyone goes to learn a trade or college in order to do them?

Manufacturing jobs aren't as productive as skilled work.

There are a lot of college educated barristas

>I've been posting her for five years
An absolute lie. You don't even realize the stereotype you're acting out wrt finance. It's Rational Progress done by our finest minds with their pure intentions and government funding eh? But whatever this kind of bait won't change anyone's mind and you're clearly not looking to learn either. So have some more sage.

TPP is literally the biggest niggery ever. It would render all imports taxless while the US would still be subject to export tax. Now gtfo you fucking kike

Sage

Lets not forget that global trade warrents open borders, so those few remaining industrial jobs are being performed by illegals from mexico.

Lets not forget that China devalues its currency to double fuck the US.

So that we can make shit to sell to the rest of the world, eradicate poverty, have higher quality products for ourselves, and have more leverage in the international market

You Tell him !

At least until the robots take over that job.

And the economy just cashed today

Yeah, Trudaeu must be an idiot for opposing TPP as well.

I see what you're getting at but there's just a lot of low skill poor people who need jobs like that

The reason detroit and other inner cities are hell holes is because the manufacturing jobs left, numbnuts

Sure, if they have a shit degree. Arts majors probably wouldn't be working in manufacturing in any case.

To which countries?

Its not even true that manufacturing is in decline, it's just not growing like it once was.

>eradicate poverty
How? By making it harder for poverty-stricken countries to compete by imposing government barriers?

>have higher quality products for ourselves
Not everything that comes out of China is a piece of shit $2 plastic toy. A good chunk of Chinas economy is advanced manufacturing, you can buy high quality goods if you so desire.

>and have more leverage in the international market
You can have leverage as an importer.

Do you really think those are bad things?

The homeless problem on the west coast of North America is an unintended consequence of free trade with China. Chinese investors buy up real estate on the west coast, driving up prices, making housing unaffordable for the actual citizens.

You are correct, manufacturing is not in decline, its in China now.

Ok, you got me. I cannot

China is notorious for counterfit goods and industrial espionage

Peak boomer here

Hey mr. state-employed economics student, can you tell me what GDP is? I would like you to focus on two things:

1) how do you determine who is "consumer" and who is "business" in this hyper-consumerist picture of reality? (Note that I can raise GDP by breaking your window tomorrow)
2) do you ever go to sleep at night wondering about all the various "transformations" and factors and corrections that go into calculating GDP?

He is

Jobs still exist for these people its typically just service work. If you're wanting to create jobs for low income workers there are better options than tariffs.

People can just move if they can't find work. Those who are too poor can just be retrained or offered other incentives. Rarely is preventing trade (and hurting everyone apart from the protected industry) the best path.

Maybe instead of moving, we can reject shitty trade deals that fuck us over. Dont piss on me and tell me its raining.

Oh, I'm sorry, but isn't it the average citizen having more purchasing power the literal definition of an improving economy? Unless you are one the those Jews who bury their gold under the shed

Like the WTO matters to America...

Not a rootless cosmopolitan like you

>People can just move if they can't find work
This is why I can't stand you leftists pretending to be capitalist libertarians. Why would you care about tariffs, he asks, when we can just remove all borders and have people move around freely? Why would you care about ghettoization when white flight is perfectly economically reasonable? Why would you care about importing foreigners when it's OBVIOUS they can raise GDP if we give them your tax money and they use it to buy useless crap? Is there even anything under the sun more important than the bottom line? Well even if there is we can't mathematically study it so it's probably nothing.

Neo liberal elites are pretty generous with things that dont belong to them

I'm a physics student

You can talk as much shit about GDP as you want, it has good correlations with living standards on a per capita basis. Its useful in that respect at least, irregardless of how its actually calculated

Trade deals are only really fucking industry's that don't perform well on the global stage. NAFTA might have been shitty for Detriot but it did wonders for the southern states and many of the other major cities in the US.

>This is why I can't stand you leftists pretending to be capitalist libertarians
I'm a capitalist, not even close to being a leftist.

Economic neo liberal

It is a race to the bottom. Real income for workers has not gone up in 30 years while productivity has gone up exponentially in the same time period.

I know that's what you think, that's why it's obvious you're
>new here
>an economics student
>"classical (neo)-liberal progressive" following the latest ACADEMIC SCIENCE on economics.

Offshoring industry is also a cheap way to bypass environmental regulation and workplace standards.

Those suicide nets at the apple plant

The robber barons are alive and well

This. There's an unprenedented amount of empty homes in Washington that chinks buy up and then leave vacant, I've thought about scouting some of these and making a list of "ghost houses" to pass around to homeless people so they can squat in them, hopefully drive down property values

We are in the begining of a paradigm shift. The shit that corporations and governments have been getting away with is not going to happen for much longer.

I actually had a guy argue to me that cutting taxes now was a bad thing, because the economy is so strong that it's like pouring gasoline on a fire.
Oh, and that the Fed will need to raise interest rates to curb growth.

*Real income (exc. capital gains, health benefits) for goods producing non-managerial workers

Well I guess the last ones true enough

Boomers were happy to let the elites run wild. Gen x and later have suffered the economic consequences of ill conceived trade policy and lap dog governments.

>correlations
Fucker, GDP is used everywhere to determine government spending. A 1% change in the "correction factors" can mean the difference between a stimulus and austerity. There is nothing either scientific or rational about GDP, it is entirely a product of government policy. I really wish you could take a historical step back from all this and realize how absurd GDP is. You are dividing society into 2 groups ("consumers/business"), then look at how much MONEY is transferred between the two, for whatever reason, then you ADJUST this number each year for inflation and whatever else you can think of. You and I could pass million dollars checks to each other and we'd increase GDP. And THEN you 'correlate' it with something even more fucked up: 'living standards'. What are those you say? Well they come out of some report, probably featuring FUCKTONS of leftist bullshit like "free education/healthcare" and "progressive values" yet none of the pesky ones like "crime in the street". Then you show that they CORRELATE even though the government imposes both things on the same society.

I'm a physics student as well btw, cheers. You should read some more economics before you discuss it in public.

One income was enough to support a houshold 30 yrs ago. Now 2 incomes are needed to scrape by.

Buckle up buckaroo

Wrong place far. Don't be a limp twisted leftist all your life. Time to grow up now son

>Killing TPP
>A bad thing
Pick only one

Also made a solid 27% last year. Using nothing but basic economic principles. He kept his word unlike the chimp where I had to go to corrupt ass kissing companies to make a meager 12%.

Says the person who clearly doesn’t understand how many of the rich get absolutely boned in this tax plan.

Also, clearly he’s doing something right since the markets are at all-time highs, Black unemployment at an all-time low, 2 million people transitioned off of welfare in 2017 alone, manufacturing jobs at a 14-year high, optimism at a 40-year high...I can continue if you’d like but we both know this is nothing more than a shill thread and you have absolutely no intention of learning anything whatsoever.

That being said, kindly kys

The US went from being the worlds largest creditor nation on earth in rhe 1970s to being one of the largest debtor nations. Economic smoke and mirrors aint gonna cut it. We got screwed !

>Killed TPP, intends to withdraw from NAFTA
>Name a more economically illiter

You, you, YoU,yOu,YOu,YoU,YOU
Not really you absolutely one hundret percent YOU.

keep your retarded keynesianism to yourself bro
cutting taxes is always good

obongo, now go get fucked an emu

>financialization of the economy is great
>who needs real stuff?
>t. Jew

>capitalist
>doesn't like a tax cut
t. Shill

>Tariffs the shit out of everything
>Killed TPP, intends to withdraw from NAFTA
This is good tho.

I've never seen GDP summed up so well. Good post.

One thing he did that I really respect and love is that Obama apparently made a deal with Australia to take some of your garbage refugees from your Refugee Island. Then when Trump took over he didn't take them somehow they ended up getting pawned off on New Zealand. That's what matters

>not knowing about our trade war with Canada over their softwood
It's kinda obscure.