Did Japan learn their lesson from this?

Did Japan learn their lesson from this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TDpgqUU5M5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What was the lesson?

To make good shows like Aku no Hana

I don't boner from creepy rotoscoping.

It was birthed from the author being asspained that people read his manga for the cute girls instead of his deep story

Then the answer is no
Normalfags will never appreciate Aku no Hana, so it's cursed to never receive a season 2 and more shitty Flavor of the Month moe/ecchi anime will plague the board for years to come
We should resign to our fate while we still can

youtube.com/watch?v=TDpgqUU5M5E

The only reason people hate this show is because weebs have to face the fact than asians are ugly as fuck.

>never receive a season 2
Read the manga, ,retard.

Everyone hated it at the time but now it's usually regarded positively.

But I heard the manga goes to shit after the festival
Plus it's like a more extreme version of Kaiji. I can't get into the manga since the anime did everything so much better

Nakamura was cute sometimes

She was creepy as fuck, but I would fuck her if I have got the chance

>Aku no Hana

Edgy and pretentious, but in a funny way.
It was like watching a beautiful trainwreck.

>I heard the manga goes to shit after the festival
If you only watched it because of the "wew lad, Nakamura's so fucking crazy" and don't care about the MC or his character development, then no, don't read it. But taken as a whole the manga is a truly beautiful work.
>I can't get into the manga since the anime did everything so much better
How do you know if you did not read it?

well I did read the first volume

Why would you ever watch the anime?

The waifus.

Because it looked interesting

too close to the uncanny valley

Man, this show brings back memories.
I remember when Sup Forums went apeshit with le rotoscope memes right after the first episode aired.

I can't believe it's been 4 years since then.

This show taught me the valuable lesson of never listening to Sup Forums ever. They may shit on it but it's fucking amazing

Because there's no pedophile garbage in it and it's actually well directed?

it doesn't. The manga takes a different direction after the festival, but it stays really great. Also, the ending is perfect in my eyes

Proud to be a supporter

>that shitstorm when the first episode dropped

It might've been the best anime in the world, but you can't rely too much on the stupid "wow look at our ugly art!" gimmick. It got everyone to talk about its ugly art, but nobody paid attention to the plot or cared.

Not all publicity is good publicity, and ugly as a gimmick doesn't stand on its own.

>"wow look at our ugly art!"
You're incredibly naive if you actually think that was their intention when they chose to go with rotoscoping

They were definitely trying to make their art stand out to get attention yes. Original manga had pretty standard, nice-ish Eastern style cartoon work. They could have gone with the original artstyle, but it was too "boring" and "mainstream". No one would ever have heard of Aku no Hana (at least nobody new) if they went with such "mainstream" art style.

So that leaves them 2 choices: dumping tons of money on really good art or really shitty art, they chose to go with the latter for a reason. Shitty art gets way way more attention than good art (we had tons of threads about the art on Sup Forums alone) and its impossible to fuck up (what are you going to do, accidentally make it look good?).

But unfortunately--they got peoples attention for all the wrong reasons and totally failed to do anything with it.

Aku no Hana was fucking nonsensical shit, stop pretending it was some kind of misunderstood gem.

>stop liking things
no

Do those CDs include the various parts of the OP sung by the seyuu?

>nonsensical
What? It was pretty straightforward

Different user, but "liking things" is very very different to "blow smoke up everyone butt about how great it is".

You can like trash. Its okay.

>blow smoke up everyone's butt about how great it is
You could have chosen to hide the thread or ignore it if you don't like the show so much, but look where you are now. Avoiding the thread is always an option, noone's forcing you to open it

Yes. There is also a full version which combine all OP into one song.

>You can like trash. Its okay.
You would have to define trash first.
People who unironically say "I liked it but it was shit" exist, but if they can't even stand up for their opinions there's no reason to consider them anything but subhumans. You can also have your own standards according to which you decide if a series was good or bad, but if you enjoyed it anyway I don't see why they should give them importance at all.

Like I said I am a different user. Never saw Aku no Hana and probably never will. The OP of the thread seems to invite both AnH haters as well as lovers. Personally I am one of the people who got annoyed by the attention whore artstyle.
I am just saying that there is a big difference between "liking things" and "blow smoke up everyone butt about how great it is". You can like something and its trash. Nobody will stop you there. People only get annoyed when they are being told how good something is that they think is bad. Just like maybe you're annoyed when someone tell you how bad something is that you think is good. Food for thought,.

>Supporting shitty "artsy" half-assed rotoscoping.

I wonder if we'll have contrarians defending garbage like Glasslip in a couple of years.

>Glasslip
>garbage

People genuinely enjoyed Aku no Hana while it was airing or shortly after.

I'm one of them.

Sup Forums is saying Aku no Hana was good now, huh?
Never thought I'd live enough to see this, but then again we allow Naruto generals and streaming is the de facto shows to watch anime too, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

So, I like REALLY hated this anime. I never read the manga. I didn't care about the art, it didn't bother me. I hated the characters and the plot. The main character I found dense and frustrating and the red haired girl was just weird and not in a charming way. I didn't find any of the characters to have any sort of appeal in any way.

Did I miss something amazing? Should I watch it again? It seems like tons of people really like this anime and I want to understand why.

Had to dig deep to find this baby.

>we allow Naruto generals
The worst thing is that the crossboarders in those threads are so new that they don't even know that the Naruto ban ever happened.

you should read the manga

Not a single rotoscoped show was made after it, so yes, they did. They learned. They didn't fail, they just found another solution that will not work.

That's what happens when only the deluded hipster circlejerkers are left to talk about it.

Based oshimi making MUH WAIFU retards angry to this day.

if you don't like this show history or animation you are a disgusting manchild and should off your life.

At least the ED was godly.

And you should probably learn English before posting.

unfortunatly not

take
on
me

>japan
>learning

last time it took 2 bombs to make them give up on a bad idea, this shit wont stop