So what the fuck was his problem exactly. He had no reason to be such an asshole

So what the fuck was his problem exactly. He had no reason to be such an asshole

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KRtYuG6MgX8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The nobles bought his sister

Some people are just cunts
Dio was the cuntest.

Stay in your containment general

Didn't you hear Speedwagon? He was just born like that, evil

Poor childhood. His father was abusive to him and his mother.

So it's a coincidense that Speedwagon and Dio
were both born in poverty, but Speedwagon change his ways ang gained fortune because of friendship in contrast of Dio gain power using lies and malice, was this contrast on purpose?

I don't listen to Speedwagon,a ll he does is say pussy shit

Who was Kircheis?

youtube.com/watch?v=KRtYuG6MgX8

He was raised by a total piece of shit and poor. Despite being incredibly talented he would have withered without any success if not by being a total asshole.
Besides he was in total debt with the Joestar father, who adopted him but kept reminding him that he was not his son.
Well, only one in two million people has what we call the "evil gene". Hitler had it, Walt Disney had it, and... Dio Brando has it

>Besides he was in total debt with the Joestar father, who adopted him but kept reminding him that he was not his son.
I forgot to type "that made him resent the Joestars"

I thought Joestar Sr. loved him as if Dio was his own son.

Such is fate

Mr. Joestar was just using Dio as a tool to make Jonathan strive to better himself.
>Look at Dio's manners
>Why can't you be more like Dio

And Dio ain't no dummy, so he saw right through the charĂ¡de

>"evil gene"
Can you scientifically prove that there is an "evil gene"?

No, that's a Simpsons quote that made fun of the thought of something as simplistic as "being born evil".

Dio was evil because he was raised by an alcoholic. Speedwagon is just a shit talking faggot.

Don't talk shit about Speedwagon user, he got all the stuff Dio wanted, by just being a nice guy

Simple, Speedwagon had a hat and Dio didn't.

But he had one.
Did he get true hapiness?

>And Dio ain't no dummy, so he saw right through the charĂ¡de
what? you have to be really pessimistic to say that.

Was Star Platinum stronger than The World because Dio had invested more Stand power in time abilities than in strength and precision, whereas it was the opposite for Jojo?

"hitler had it Walt Disney had it..."

Who the fuck names their kid Speedwagon?

>stands are now RPG
would play the shit out of that.

>Did he get true hapiness?
I think it's pretty safe to assume considering he never fell for the marriage meme

I never got that, how Star platinum was able to za world za world.

That's a fact.
Does this face convey true gratitude?

That's not what I meant. I could rephrase it as "did Dio focus more on developing timestop than strength?"

>Did he get true hapiness?
Got one the biggest companys in the world, suvirve vampires and the fit gods, simple and pacific life until his dead surrounded by his loved ones, he got a pretty good life

He had no kids though and he was last living relative.
His family tree died so that kinda sucks

Apparently timestop wasn't The World's own unique ability, but rather one belonging to all close range stands. So that's why Star Platinum could learn it too

so jojo has the same one dimensional moralfagism of hokuto no ken, thanks for the warning, i dodged a bullet right there.

He wants to be #1.

no I meant about JO daddy using him to better jojo

I guess I used RPg wrong, but what I meant was imagine a game like part 3 where you travel the world and get points and as you those points you can up certain stats whether it be strength, versatility, growth, or w/e

>Apparently timestop wasn't The World's own unique ability, but rather one belonging to all close range stands.
what?

ok bye.

Yeah, but the Speedwagon name is going to live on as synonymous of research, philanthropy, wealth and friendship that still kinda cool

His family tree existed on a completely different plane thanks to his life of hard work. Everything he created with the Speedwagon Foundation can be considered his "family tree".

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THE FUCKING THREAD BEFORE POSTING STUPID OPINIONS? WE LITERALLY HAVE BEEN SAYING THE OPPOSITE IN A VERY CIVILIZED MANNER
But happiness is only achievable once you see heaven. This are not my words but Dio's.
>no I meant about JO daddy using him to better jojo
I don't agree with that but JO senior was shit. Not only as a foster parent but as a REAL parent as well.

His stand is Keep On Loving You , the foundation is his stand

>what?
Dio says Star Platinum could learn it because of his stand type, meaning it's a power shared by all stands of this type, and not The World's quirk.

K' mate, you asked for it.

Sorry. But yeah, if it had (You) as a stand user I'd be sold

I thought Star platinum could do it, because all the Joestar stans seem connected, Dio can use Hermit Purple too

This user gets it

It's Simpson refence user

>but as a REAL parent as well.
I dont agree that he was shit, but he was pretty harsh on jojo after dio came.
>Not only as a foster parent
I really cant blame him blame him cause he just got a new son and this new son is showing up his other and made him realize hes been slacking in raising jojo properly as a true gentleman . but all in all its a dick move period to always compare kids. so not really his fault since almost every parent does it. even if its just once.

when did he say that? I couldve sworn arak made his ability to be able to use the abilities of the joestars but araki scrapped it and that's why we see him use hermit purple. if that's the case that makes it pretty shitty and circumstantial
I want to say user is talking out of his ass, but I cant disprove it

>Dio can use Hermit Purple too
He can?

DIO has Hermit Purple too.
It would make sense that Star Platinum had The World's time stop ability. I wouldn't be surprised if Jotaro had Star Platinum/The World/Hermit Purple.

>He had no reason to
He's a Jojo character. Paragons of characterization they ain't.

They're pretty faces with a motive, impulse, and genius. They don't normally have much more than a personality gimmick to run on and as readers we're largely okay with that since they're great at that gimmick anyways. Gyro and Johnny are the closest we've gotten to characters that could be functional human beings.

Dio's gimmick is "magnificent homosexual vampire asshole".

Basically the time stop is just moving really fucking fast

That's his surname, he was named Robert.

He was in a bad series.

So you can have multiple stands?

What a coincidense Dio always remind me of Eobard

Basically if Jonathan had a Stand, it would be like Hermit Purple 2. DIO has it because he shares the same body with Jonathan even though because of the Hamon, its not totally connected. Probably after when DIO sucked Joseph's blood the last of Jonathan's body became DIO's and the Hermit Purple 2 just completely disappeared from that point on.
But now i'm just over thinking it

I think it's more like the Joestar who's stand were awaking by Dio's power have similar abilities, i mean look at Josuke CD is a The World recolor it would surprise me if the teenager that saved Josuke in the storm was him and CD use to have some time ability that Araki scrapped

well he was raised by a complete asshole of a dad and joestar senior used him as nothing but a reference point to make sure johnathon actually stayed on the straight and narrow.this probably pissed dio off something immense and thus started his massive butthurt crusade to fuck up the joestar bloodline because all they kept doing ultimately was completely and utterly fuck him over even before the series started.

>I don't listen to Speedwagon,a ll he does is say pussy shit

Speedwagon was basically Araki's self-insert before Rohan

When he says Dio it's evil, it's because Dio was born fucking evil

>was this contrast on purpose?

It was to show that depending on how you're raised helps determine how you'll be when you grow up.

But then why did Holly and Joseph get stuck with the same old shit while Jotaro got a cool OP stand?

To be fair we never saw Holly stand in action, what a name could be good for her stand

Stands originally inhabited the body but Araki retconned that to being tied to the soul. The World also didn't have its powers decided on until late in Egypt, Araki gave it a lot of misleading bullshit early (like Hermit Purple) because his original intent was it would have all the power of the featured Stands. Stands were not intended to be the defining mechanic of Jojo until halfway through SC.

"The World is Jonathan's Stand" is bullshit either way. It's rooted only in a retcon.

But Speewagon was born in poverty and crime too, the only difference if that for some reason he has some kind of moral code

The more of a prick you are, the stronger, human looking stand you get?
Josuke got a good one. Sure he was a nice guy but when you piss him off he will go into a blind rage and nobody said Jotaro was a nice guy.

>Speedwagon was basically Araki's self-insert before Rohan
Was Reimi based on someone from his past? Was he in a similar situation once?

If you were a brilliant young man who was fated to live a dull life because of how the world works, where the rich are in the top of the society's ladder, kicking down everyone who tries to climb it, you would be a bit more jaded like him.
He had his opportunity and he took his chances. Some ancestor of Joestar got rich by trampling everyone in his path too, you can be sure of it.

He found a oil vein in the middle of the desert around the time George II Joestar died.

>because all they kept doing ultimately was completely and utterly fuck him over even before the series started.
That's wrong though. He decided to contaminate the waters himself. Jonathan would have been his best friend otherwise.

>be raised in a poor and hostile environment
>getting out of this thing the rich faggots call cart
>FUCKING ARISTOCRAT OUT OF NOWHERE TRIES TO GET MY BAG AND MAKES HIS DOG COME AFTER ME
>Bitch slap him and tell him that i'm his bitch just because I'm poor and had a shitty life
>somehow making things clear from the very start is an evil stance on life

>original intent was it would have all the power of the featured Stands.
Huh...I read that before. I didn't believe it at first but when I found out that Araki does just writes the plot on the spot makes sense now.
First time hearing "The World is Johnathan's Stand" is a new one and it is bullshit.
Hermit Purple felt like just a weaponize plot device.

Like others have said, he grew up in very shitty circumstances and above all despised the rich and privileged who were blind to the world around them. I think it's part of why he grew to respect Jonathan but didn't think twice about killing George. As far as he was concerned George was the exact kind of oblivious rich person that he always hated while Jonathan at the least knew exactly what Dio was

Dio was just an evil person. It had nothing to do with his circumstances, as Speedwagon pointed out. Dio made the decision to be evil, whereas Speedwagon made the decision to do good by the world despite his circumstances.

Given Jojo's structure it should not surprise you Araki makes stuff up as he goes.

Except for Part IV, each Jojo arc is basically:

-intro of new characters and powers
-long list of one-shot fights
-first encounter with the series boss
-rest
-last fight with the series boss
-end

Araki designed Kira early on and so had most of the one-shots in Part IV related to Kira somehow, especially in retrospect. As an arc it's a lot more cohesive and less cut-n-paste than everything else, including SBR.

I'm pretty sure that Josuke was suppose to have a time power upgrade at some point, the teen that looks like him can be just coincidence

>it's all because of Kars that unfolded the events of JBA.

His father beat him.

What did Akira had to to with the story and him being related to Kira?
I think that concept went to Kira

>I think that concept went to Kira
That would expalin a lot

He's a psychopath raised by a single alcoholic, probably abusive father.

I think he just inexplicably felt that he deserved the life Jonathan had, and that Jonathan didn't. He also I think felt he had to prove himself to his dad in a spiteful way.

Speedwagon wasn't a psychopath.

Doesn't matter if that was the reality of the situation, it's enough for Dio to perceive it as such.

Fate my ass, sometimes shit just happens.

It's not the teen that looks like Josuke, it's Josuke who deliberately made himself look like the teen. The mysterious teen's uniform also doesn't have any of Josuke's accessories. He was never meant to be Josuke, just an example of the "golden heart of Morioh".

No, you fucking retard. It stops time.

His only problem is his stupidity.

>tried to kill Jojo with a razor hidden on his hat simply because he entered the street

Because Speedwagon wasn't fucking insane.

Yeah, because that was his life at the time, a street thug, probably threatened and hurt a lot of people for money.

I wouldn't say he's a psychopath for that, just an asshole.

Dio was a cool guy

Shit parent and shitty adoptive parent.

I want to have sex with Dio.

>Lived in the late 1800's slums
>Everyone around him are murdering dickheads
>Lived in a shitty house
>Only one that cared for him was his mother which died from over working
>Father is a drunk, abusive bastard
Fuck me, who wouldn't be an asshole?
First think he thought of when he turned into a vampire is
FUCK ALL Y'ALL

>win adoption lottery by being taken in by a kind noble family who wants nothing but to raise you like their own and care for your well being with a healthy inheritance definitely coming your way
>on a sure path to living a better life than your deadbeat father in a way that would have made your mother eternally proud of you
>NO! I'M GOING TO KILL THEIR FUCKING DOG AND POISON THE DAD! JOJOOOOOOOOO!
Dio is an irredeemable piece of shit.

I blame Kars

He was born a taker.

At least he's better than his SBR counterpart.

same reason a lot of anons are assholes

Dio had similar issue as Levi from Black Lagoon had. The thread is not talking about whether it is his "fault" that he is a bastard or not. It is about asking whether there was a reason for him to turn into a piece of shit. Answer to that is, yes.

>but kept reminding him that he was not his son.
No they didn't. He was the one who kept bringing that up as he was being a little bitch

>spot the Sup Forumsedditor

I just read the the Jojo wiki about Over Heaven, Dio's diary.
Its implied The World would actually belongs to Jonathan , not Dio.

>Chapter 58
Dio reminisces having "borrowed" a watch from Jonathan that he intended to give back when it would break, yet it was destroyed when the Joestar mansion was burned to the ground. He theorizes that the power of The World was born at that moment, the idea of stopped time forming as the watch was destroyed. However Dio is unsatisfied with merely stopping time and forms the idea of accelerating time. He stops thinking among "givers", "takers", and "inheritors", and plans to become a "discarder".

Fuck off Araki.
You telling me if Jonathan got hit with the arrow he could have the ability to stop time but you can't give a proper explanation on who saved Josuke when he had the 'Stand illness'?

Reminder that The World was originally Jonathan's stand and that Jotaro is the reincarnation of Jonathan, which is why Star Platinum is identical to The World.