Why did he take his wife's last name?

Would you take your waifus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vds3azJeuEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no thats pretty beta

I plan on changing my surname to match her name after my parents pass away. I have two of them and it's a hassle

what the absolute fuck is that picture

It would have to be pretty extreme circumstances, but I wouldn't say 100% never.

I thought it was mildly subtle and an interesting lens into his character.

Maybe he knew from the start that he would never be able to provide Shinji the love, affection and support that his mother and her soul could from inside the Eva, so he wanted his son to have her surname instead of his. He could've been so wrapped up in the Eva project and NERV that he wouldn't feel justified giving Shinji his last name, as he treated the poor kid like a tool and nothing more. Just a guess though.

I must continue my families name, so no user I'm not a submissive beta.

>Why did he take his wife's last name?
Probably because Yui's father was an important member of Seele.
>Would you take your waifus?
It depends. I don't like my surname so I'd rather change it with something better. There's nothing beta about choosing your name instead of passively accepting it. The opposite is true actually.

But she doesn't have one.

My name is pretty fucking gay, I plan to just change it anyway. It's just a name, it doesn't really mean much to me. I didn't choose it, is has no special connection with me or my life. It might as well just be a serial number.

only answer

No not really

Kind of unrelated, but is it really such a big deal when a woman doesn't want to change her surname in countries where that's the norm?

I don't really know, I don't interact with normalfags. A name is fucking nothing, you could be named shit or cunt and it wouldn't mean a damn thing.

>A name is fucking nothing
They beg to differ.

When you take your waifu's last name, you're pretty much taking another man's name, which kinda makes you gay.

You can make your name important, but it isn't inherently important. The only way your name could have worth is if you made yourself a legend.

Sup Forums says its common practice in japan

Because Gendo is a beta fuck whose entire world was Yui.

"shooter" sounds like pretty dumb last name desu

yup really

youtube.com/watch?v=vds3azJeuEI

No

I guess that's all you have to say.

You will have to make your name more chuuni.

Because his wife's family didn't have any sons to carry on their family name. This is common practice in such a case for the Japs.

You probably already knew this, though.

I unironicly though it was because he loved her. Kinda wanted a discussion about it though.

That was the old 90s-00s meme. Westerners imposing their views onto the material.

the japanese family law requires one of the spouses to change their surnames to match the other's and you have to be a foreigner to be granted an exception. it's resulted in some young couples marrying only when they need it for legal reasons and then divorcing immediately in order to keep their names.

It was to get in her father's good graces, as the Elder Ikari was a major player in SEELE.

Common practice to take your wife's family name if you are of significantly lower status.

I am the last one of my line
Never

She doesn't have one so no

banned from all schools

Your waifu is dead.

If it was a cool sounding last name I'd probably take it. Like death destroyer or whatever