Non native English speakers:

Non native English speakers:
Do you watch anime with English subs/dubs? Why do/don't you?

Yes.
English is a language made for dumb people so it's easier to read and write.

>so it's easier to read and write.
So you aren't fluent at your own native language?

For the same reason I play vidya in english, almost nothing gets translated in my native language.

Faster subs.

For older shows, unless some reputable fansubbing group released it in my native language, yes.
For ongoing shows, always in English (CR Spanish subs suck). Dubs never.

Considering that my country has a population of 1.4 million, I don't think that anybody even translates anime here. From what my friends say, its easier to learn jap, than try and find native stuff.

I do, because subs in my native language are slower, shittier and/or harder to find.

English is a super autistic language. You can say chuuni shit and it won't sound horrifying, whereas anime would be literally unwatchable in my native language for how cringeworthy it'd be.

Fluency as in perfect grammar?
Hell no.

This image makes me genuinely sad every time I see it

This. Anime in spanish sounds corny as fuck.

I'm from Mexico

I mostly watch anime in English

This.

Pretty much this.

No one asked that, attention whore.

>subs
Yes. They're faster and the majority of my country's current fansubs are just translations from English anyway.
Also >dubs
No, that would be stupid.

Better, faster and easier to find subs and releases, plus it makes it easier to discuss here.
Also this

never even considered it.
playing vidya/watching animays was always a default 'it's in english' for me and was what started me on becoming a fluent speaker

I watch with my native langue subs. Because it is much easier to find a stream with a nice quality.

Only if there are no subs on my language.
Fun fact: fandub on my language comes out faster than English subs.

spic subs are as fast as english subs, sometimes even faster

Жиза.

yes, in english. because 99% of anime translated to my language was translated from english and not japanese ( and by people who don't know we English perfectly)

Definitely this. Can't even imagine how terrible it would sound in mine.

I wouldn't watch anime in my native language if I could.

Mainly I want to improve my english as much a possible.
Because some shit really sounds better in English than in in German (A reason why I hate German pop music, it sounds cringeworthy as fuck). Another reason are licensed anime, which are only available in english.

I watch in Japanese with no subs. English is disgusting.

>Because some shit really sounds better in English than in in German
You guys have that awesome Naruto dub OP though.

>1.4 million
Estonia?

Yes I do.
In the process of actually learning Japanese so I don't have to.
English is easy as fuck, anyway.

Don't remind me of "SASUKAY, HE REÄLLI KUUHL"

>the majority of my country's current fansubs are just translations from English anyway.
This. I'd rather read the English subs myself, than rely on the translations of some 15 year olds who want to play translator

BELIEVE IT

Good luck trying to find Serbian fansubs. That, and I've lived in an English speaking country for most of my life, so English is generally my first choice.

Of course I only watch polish dubs. God bless netflix for dubbing new anime again! Kuromukuro rocks.

Most people from non native english speaking people have to obligatorily learn english.
In my country you have to take english for at least 3 years, so it's enough to be able to read subs quickly.

This desu

Me too what sort of fucking demon spawn what just steal a little girl's puppets like that especially when she's putting on a show

Didn't get your point. Can you give another examples?

English subs. If the English sub was already this bad, I don't want to imagine what kind of sub in my native language. I hate my country.

This kind of demon

Well, since mods decided to randomly delete my post. I'll just type it again.

I'm Estonian and for obvious reasons I can't watch anime in my native-language. So I watch English Subs instead. I can't stand watching anime in English Dubs because of how poor and lazy the Americans who do the voice acting is. People who think the same as me are often labelled as "mega weebs" or along the lines of that. But honesty, I just don't enjoy how poor the delivery is and how they try and force the same effect that the Japanese dub goes for, when it's difficult to do.

Each to their own though. I think the opposite is probably true, where non-native english speakers find listening to english instead of reading subs much easier. And then there are Foreign English speakers who don't have the key language skills, so they simply can't recognize when the Dub has really bad delivery or when a voice doesn't match a character.

>randomly

>tfw I've consumed so much media in English and spent so much time on places where English is the main language that sometimes I end up thinking in English
>tfw when talking to someone in my language and I get stuck because I can't remember the word I was gonna say but I remember how to say it in English

This holy fuck. Specially with doujins. Reading a lewd stuff in Spanish is a fucking torture. Everything sound super cringy and goofy and awkward as fuck.

Sure

Actually the same for literature and shit too, barely consume anything in my native language.

English native here, I read and watch everything in Japanese.

I feel bad for you ESLs that have already used up all your language learning ability on English, which is the only possible reason I can imagine someone consuming this stuff in a vastly inferior language.

>I feel bad for you ESLs that have already used up all your language learning ability on English
Yeah, because it's LITERALLY impossible for people to learn more than two languages, right? Fuckmunch.

English subs. Fansubs in spanish were almost dead and being replaced by online streaming because they could take weeks to release an episode whereas english fansubs were alive and fast.
Spanish fansubs also refused to use torrents and I dislike DDL.
I started using Sup Forums every day too so using an english release was like the right thing to do.
I don't like english dubs, it's not really a lanaguage made for anime.

You posted a non-anime picture. It's happened to me before too. I posted a wojak photo and it got deleted.

>used up all your language learning ability
yeah because we are fucking pokemon

It must be, because I can't see any other possible reason that you'd just get to English and go "eh, good enough".

Odd. I don't see in rules list where posting a non-anime picture on Sup Forums is against the rules. Are there some invisible rules that only janitors can see? (that would explain a whole lot of shit for every board to be honest)

I don't remember what show, but something a few years ago got spanish subs like 3-4 days faster than english subs and I thought that was really weird

Lurk 2 years before posting.

thanks for using a tripcode so i can filter you out

I watch it in English since I don't know what the local (Hungarian) anime and subbing scene is like, but even if I did I probably wouldn't watch anything in my native language.

It just feels weird for some reason.

Some of us are responsible adults who have better things to do.

2 years would still be a year longer than you. Pleb

noice

Spot on.

I'm sure the extra hour a day you spend on Sup Forums really pays off in the long-term.

Nobody here has anything better to do, why lie?

>used up all your language learning ability on English

Because language learning is something that requires magic experience points that can be all used up if you're not careful xDD

Also. The fact you just admitted you're a native English speaker makes believe that you probably don't know any second language at all. Nevermind Japanese.

It was a joke, those of us who are English tend to be quite fond of them.

Don't worry, one day you might be able to handle the banter, and you might even manage to learn a second non-worthless language to complement English!

Subs in my language are slow and most of the time they are translated based on the English translations, so it's easier to just watch stuff in English.

>Japanese
>non-worthless language

>You can say chuuni shit and it won't sound horrifying
You can only say that because you're not a native speaker.

>"All images and resulting discussion should pertain to anime or manga."

Look at

You could translate shit on comission

Japanese is very useful if you're not a normalfag.

Top banter m8. Really funny and witty xD

This so much.

I watch raw or subs.

I know 4 languages which includes English and Japanese but both are not my native language.I recently(around few years ago) watch raws since this saves my time from waiting subs

Not him, but i learnt French at middle and and high school as a second foreign language, and ended up getting pretty good at it, unlike most of my class mates who hated it.

Then i forgot everything in the last 5 years since high school because i never got to use it.

exactly

it's part of the reason why dubs are bad

Do you still get that disconnect when you watch a new episode, hop on Sup Forums to see what people are saying, and then realise they're all EOPs who have to wait 2 hours for the subs and you wondered why you ever bothered or cared what they thought about a show they can't even understand?

I speak 3 languages and would trade one of them for Japanese any day.

Yeah, I watch them subbed in english because local subs are shit, late or non-existent.
I wouldn't touch dubs in either language, japanese voice acting is generally pleasant, they take the job seriously.

It's a good trade-off because he can now laugh at the people waiting for subs.

>tfw learned nip in a jiffy because Spanish and Japanese are pronounced more or less the same
Going from English to Nip sounds like hell.

except that it's one of the hardest languages to learn because of all the nuances and inconsistencies in the pronunciations

I love anime, but I wish they took writing as seriously as the voice acting, animations and OST. Because i can't take most of the chuuni shit. It's cringey to me no matter what language i hear/read it in.

I just watch raws, how about you?

Even English?

None of them even post until the episode comes out on trackers, though. You're laughing at the one guy who steals screencaps off futaba.

If you can't write in perfect grammar there's probably something wrong with you.
Not that most people need to, or want to, but if you're unable to that's pretty bad.

>le english is hard meme
You need to leave, Pablo.

Because ONLY Japanese media suffers from shit writing, amirite? All Western media are nothing but deep and profound masterpieces. Nope, you won't find a single cringe-worthy piece made for escapism ever.

hey that's accurate at lesat

One of them, not any. Useless Basque language...

Western TV has a lot of shitty writing full of clichés too though.

Written English > Spoken English

Goddamn does English sound like shit when people open their mouths.

>English
>hard

Thanks for the good joke.

why is it a meme?

you're probably not just saying that because it's an easy way to dismiss something that goes against your view on things?

you wouldn't do that, right? You're smarter than that, right?

>pronunciations
user said it's easier to read and write, not speak.

i leave with english subs cuz my country dont do dubs and i hate the language, i dont know any other languages other than mine and english.

it is hard to grasp I'm not sure if it is the hardest but I've heard many complaints like that in europe. Too many words for the same meaning, yadda yadda. Some asian countries too but then again we are all natural complainers