Is Leftism a Mental Illness?

Psychologist user here with some interesting preliminary results
I will keep it brief
We've found that those who think of the opposite of their ideology as inherently evil will often go into a state of disassociation when confronted with arguments from the other side which they have no good argument against it
Disassociation is a psychological state where one separates their identity from the "trauma" they're inflicting or being subject too, you see it usually in repeated rape victims and murderers, associating their identity with said actions is so psychologically harmful for them that their mind doesn't allow it to happen
This happens with both left and right, but we've found (again, results are preliminary) that it happens to those who associate as left at a rate of 5/1 over those who identify as right, and it happens usually at a higher intensity to them as well
So, you ma have noticed how hard it is to win an argument with an "SJW"
This may be the reason why
To them, psychologically speaking, they were never proved wrong, it literally didn't happen
As far as we can tell the only psychological change that happens is that they believe the "other side" is even more evil after they've been subject to the "trauma" of being defeated with sound arguments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6VUniibtAlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So yeah, the results are implying, that leftism itself may inhibit mental illness, it's damn near a retarded ideology in the literal definition of the term
Seeing as how this experiment is funded by a research University which was expecting the opposite results, what do you think the chances are of these results being published unadulterated?

What do you think of the results?

I can understand this. They do not surpress us, but the fact that they don't have any logic to their arguments?? Something like that?

Could you elaborate on the question?

> So, you may have noticed how hard it is to win an argument with an "SJW"

Maybe that's because you are an idiot and your arguments are shit...

They weren't "my" arguments
Just arguments which use their information against them
Again, we did this to both left and right
And they both go into a psychological state of disassociation, it just happens 5 times as much with self-identifying leftists than it does with those who self-identify as right and at a much higher level of intensity
In fact, your response, calling me personally a name, was a frequent result when we confronted the self-identifying leftists with facts and rhetoric that counter their beliefs

If Jews are left in CNN and alt right, then does that mean they're baiting a race war?

You haven't presented any facts. Just rhetoric.

these results pass the smell test, from my experience. Liberals are more likely to see words as "violence" and dumb gay shit like that

Yes, we know there's no point even arguing with them, they don't seem to register hypocrisy or contradictions in their doctrine, or any logical or scientific basis that undermines their arguments.

I believe they are programmed to be this way by rhetoric and reinforcement of ideas by intellectual authority, the real question is, is there anyway to snap them out of it?
I don't want to have to fight my misled brothers

Leftism: Mental illness
Far right: Virginity, autism

prove me wrong

No but you’d have to be mentally ill to have chosen psychology as a career

lmao everyone here thinks the left are literal satanic pedophiles

but somehow the left is insane because they think the right are nazis, how DELUSIONAL (jk gas the kikes seig heil 1488)

Look up toxoplasmosis

Because this isn't the experiment and you're not the subject
Although, your comeback again, is quite typical of what we've been seeing

Bump.
This is a good post, thoughful and explanatory. Sup Forumss frequently relate anecdotes about their inability to reason with leftists familly members and friends, and how they suddenly shut-off the conversation with emotional breakdowns. This explains it.

They've harmed the country and it's people -- and on some level, they know it -- but can't quite bring themselves to identify with their actions. So they blame and emote.

Their disassociation with their their real selves is a psychological condition, a serious one.

But ... some people DO get rid-pilled on this site. Some people are able to quit the pattern or habit of disassociation and "see the light," so to speak.

I'd like to hear more about how we can distinguish between the lost and the salvagable.

tldr: Liberals are faggots

get out more

And your post is the perfect example of the failure of conservative arguments. You admit in your post that your 'claim' of how liberals see words is based on nothing more than your personal 'smell test' and your personal experience. A pool of one persons opinions is not a valid amount of evidence to make the claims that you are making.

You think this is good in what regard? The hypothesis? It's breadth? It's methodology?

>is there anyway to snap them out of it?
I don't know
One thing I'm thinking, is that if they can have a friend or a lover, someone they do not perceive to be evil, champion the otherside, and do some exercises to separate their identity from their chosen ideology, they're less likely to see the argument as a traumatic experience

can you present any specifics of the experiment ?
like the kind of arguments you used against both sides and what was the most occuring reaction to those ?

From your post I understand that you did some kind of study. How many subjects were involved? Are you going to publish your results?

And once again, as is the norm with conservatives, you have provided no proof that any of these experiments you reference ever really took place. Where did these studies happen? Who was running them? What were the initial goals vs results? Were these tests properly conducted? What was the methodology? What were results vs control groups? Were these results published? Were they duplicated by others? Etc...etc...etc... You have provided nothing but some vague crap.

no shit watch yuri explain all of this from 1980's
youtube.com/watch?v=6VUniibtAlU

its good because it confirms his biased beliefs and it tells him hes right all along, despite all evidence to the contrary, to most people here thats all that matters

bump

Do you colaborate with Neural psychologists? If so can you guys do research on the leftist brain? I read a study done years ago which concluded that all Leftist thoughts and ideas pass through the part of the brain that regulates emotion first. Meanwhile, thoughts and ideas pass through the part of the brain that regulates logical and analytical thinking for Right wingers. The overall conclusion which was reached was that it is very difficult for Left wingers to think logically. This explains why Leftist ideas and ideology focuses around pathos, or appeal to emotion. Just take an objective look at their ideas and policies, and how they react to various events. Just emotional rhetoric with no logical merit to any of it. Can you do a study to find if this is true? If the study is done once again and the results hold up then it could mean the end of the Left.

>can you present any specifics of the experiment ?like the kind of arguments you used against both sides and what was the most occuring reaction to those ?
Frist, we establish their stance on a certain issue, say the gender pay gap
Once that's established, we develop a counter argument based on the information in their statements
So, if the subject has a very weak argument regarding the gender pay gap, we'll come at them with standard rebuttals backed up with a bit of evidence
If they have a more nuanced position, backed up by evidence, we'll try to convince them that the methodology of their evidence was faulty, and that there is better evidence to the contrary
which has been established using sound methodology
If we can use real stats and experiments, perfect, if not, we make em up, becausw remember, the point isn't to make them switch, or to win an argument, it's to make them feel as though they're wrong and see if that has any effect on their position
So, after we make them feel like that, we meet with them again a week later, and have the same argument
If the subject has changed their mind regarding some things, they have a high degree of openness, if the subject ends up championing the same argument without accounting for the information they received the weak before, they have a low degree of openness
Regarding those with low degrees of openness, we then go through the whole thing again, but this time, while testing their vitals
And then we meet with them again, a week later, and go through it again, with adjustments depending on how the meeting the last week went
This has led us to the disassociation conclusion

>How many subjects were involved?
150 so far
>Are you going to publish your results?
see

So we can't actually prove them wrong with actual sensible discussion? Fuck me, how can someone be so one-track-mindrd they literally see arguments as mental trauma? And people think schizo is bad, holy fuck.

Y'know, it's funny: I have some slight-to-moderate liberal views, yet I would never identify as one since they're all gays women and commies.

>And once again, as is the norm with conservatives
I'm a conservative?
>you have provided no proof that any of these experiments you reference ever really took place
Nor will I
>Where did these studies happen?
Canada
>Who was running them?
Students
>What were the initial goals vs results?
To see if conservatism is a mental illness
It is a mental illness, just at a rate of 5 times less
>Were these tests properly conducted?
That's where peer review comes in
>What were results vs control groups?
The controls are those who have a high degree of openness
>Were these results published?
Prelimonary implies its an ongoing experiment and see >You have provided nothing but some vague crap.
I understand that
Given the nature of this site, I'm not about to write ten thousand words for a thread that'll be slid in 2 hours, just looking to have a laugh while on lunch

how is liberalism communism?

very interesting leaf, thanks a lot, im gonna be lurking, keep the thread alive

Merchant games. The dumb goyim will believe anything.

Enough with the left-right dichotomy.
sega

bump

Virgins with autism have more time to devote to study the issues without any care for social repercussion.

It's the mental illness of not knowing enough.

A lot of people are going to have to die. The sooner you accept this the better. Brushing it off as "edgy" will do you little good.

No one has to die.

Far right may have harder time finding a female, but our females are just better.
sexology
leftism=slave and get cucked by a bitch and suicide or join far right (or if he is a total garbage he will get even more cucked).
Far right=oppose and get a female or die as a virgin.

OP have you ever used a period in your life?

I love Sega!!!

>despite all evidence to the contrary
??????????
You wanna chime in here, smart guy?

>be warrior chieftain(great shepard) of a nomadic tribe
>forced to protect non fighters(cattle)
>make city(pen)
>non fighers and fighters(trained cattle) become city folk(pen animals), leaving behind only the true man(shepards) of the tribe
>city gets attacked by another tribe while dragging the non fighters around
>warriors defend and lose to the nomadic tribe because city folk didnt want to fight
>tribe absorbs the city folk
>repeat process
>year 2018
> dindu nuffin.exe
Are liberals the people who are not willing to protect the nation while at the same time shame and attempt to destroy the one who will?

www anonymousconservative com/blog/touching-the-raw-amygdala-part-i-foundational-understandings/

thx OP

>We've found
Post studies or gtfo

I stated that you have provided no proof of these experiments. Your respose was:

> Nor will I

End of argument. Thank you for the easy win. Another conservative cuck defeated. Have a great day.

to clarify why i'm asking (I am an actual psych researcher)

in order to do an experiment like this, it has to be reviewed and approved by an ethics commiittee. the experimental protocol should have a list of citations that support the study's design. post a couple of them or if you want to go real hard-mode, post a censored copy of your protocol. since your protocol doesn't get published, it should be no problem to post a censored version of it.

also, if your experiment is causing unexpected dissociation or any other psychological symptoms you'd have to suspend it immediately and update the ethics committee on the problem.

you are probably a LARPing undergrad so fuck right off

>Another conservative cuck defeated.
I concede defeat
>Have a great day.
You as well.

Way to prove him correct. The eternal leftist with no self awareness

I am self aware enough not to accept unsupported claims as facts if there is no evidence to verify them. Maybe you should try it sometime.

>if your experiment is causing unexpected dissociation or any other psychological symptoms you'd have to suspend it immediately and update the ethics committee on the problem.
I know. This is basically why it's so hard to get a University to publish results which counter their narrative.
There's a good reason why it was purposed as an expose on the stubbornness of the right instead of the left. It wouldn't have been allowed if we purposed it the other way. It would be deemed "unethical" you're absolutely correct in that assertion.
>post a couple of them or if you want to go real hard-mode, post a censored copy of your protocol. since your protocol doesn't get published, it should be no problem to post a censored version of it.
Ain't happening.
Although once the experiment is officially shut down I may take the liberty of posting the findings after I finish graduate school this spring.
>to clarify why i'm asking (I am an actual psych researcher)
Do you enjoy your career? Do you know of anywhere I could find work doing research of this kind?

"Inhibit" mental illness?

>"Inhibit" mental illness?
Taking a strong "anti" position against your opposition instead of an open way may cause one to display symptoms of mental illness
Since the findings suggest this happens much more with the leftwing ideology, leftism can, with some degree of truth, be referred to as an ideology which can cause mental illness
However, pol shouldn't rejoice just yet, because if there's anywhere that the left is seen as evil, which seems to be the prerequisite for the dissociative disorder caused by ideology, it's here at pol.

Seems legit. There are few things more frustrating than trying to explain anything to a liberal. Its like telling a 5 year old the tooth fairy is mommy