Kimi no na wa

Just watched kimi no na wa. I thought it was overrated at best. What does Sup Forums think of the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=owFQKBqfEWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not overrated. the best.

Eh it was ok.

Good at worst

typical anime movie, liked it.

Eh. All his movies are similar.

Give it a few days.

It was nothing special, felt kind of generic.

Miyazaki > Shinkai

It changed my life

ITT anons trying to be contrarian because it's popular

Mine too Satan...

And on this day Satan started doing more shitty overrated movies for gender frustrated teenagers
This movie is gay af

what is good to you? if it was a miyazaki film where miyazaki himself watched with you, and gave you a handjob near the end of the film?

>I thought it was overrated at best.
That's not a criticism of the movie, though. That's just your response to the hype surrounding it. Judge it objectively based on your own criteria and not what everyone else has been saying about it.

I get what you're saying. It's just that the movie didn't click for me, if you get what i mean. So i have no good comments on it.

It had good visuals but that's kinda it.

Yeah, I get it. I think this happens fairly often with highly critically acclaimed or very popular films, at least from my own experience. It's very easy to look at something and wonder what all the fuss is about without ever really getting into it.

I saw Kimi no Na Wa knowing only the general premise of the body-swapping, heard it had gorgeous visuals, and that it was pretty popular. I went and saw it on a day when I had nothing better to do and was actually very surprised at how much I liked it. Expectations can make or break films for people a lot of the time.

Was the 3 year gap ever explained? It seems to only exist to create conflict.

5cm per second clone.

>I thought it was overrated at best
listen, if you left the theater unmoved you have no soul.

beautiful movie

Thought it was pretty great.

freaky friday - the anime

It was okay I guess. Kinda weird how they called it "your rope" but it never came up.

Reminder that we are getting a 12 Episode anime in the summer to coincide with the October movie BD release.

What do you mean by "explained?" They were just switching bodies while 3 years apart. There's no explanation for why the in-universe magic, ancient gods, etc. decided to do that, it just was.

How would the shinto god expect them to save the village if they didn't use a time gap?

Come on, user. You can't be that retarded.

Did they make the characters 1-dimensional on purpose so even the audience forgets their names?

reminder - mitsuha's birthday is coming up this friday.

if it's still playing in your area, go watch it again to celebrate!

Truly the pinnacle of storytelling.

Look. No movie is going to sit down and explain every mechanic and every event that caused the movie to happen.
Stop being retarded.

>it stops screening on the 27th

user doesn't in to musubi.

There is no excuse when you combine plot convenient body-swapping, plot convenient time travel and plot convenient amnesia. The scrip would be garbage even if they explained it.

People actually watch that eye-cancer quality and deliberately destroy the only good thing about the movie.

Like, does the word premise even mean anything to you?

>There is no excuse when you combine plot convenient body-swapping, plot convenient time travel and plot convenient amnesia.
Congratulations! You just explained every fucking movie in existence! What kind of movie does not have a fucking plot device?

>going to see it the final day... again,

I love that they keep on extending it near me!

Dude it's fucking ancient Japanese god-magic. What about these mechanics needs to be explained to you? It's fantasy.

You sound like the kind of guy that would have liked how midichlorians were introduced to explain how The Force worked.

>There is no excuse when you combine plot convenient body-swapping, plot convenient time travel and plot convenient amnesia.
>plot has a god actively at work
>guys, explain how the god works

This. I saw it and though "good, not great". A week later and I can't stop thinking about it. This movie seeps into your skin.

>tfw even the Shinkaitrain moved Satan

Not to mention your first two complaints are literally answered by the story.

>god of ties wants to save his worshipers from comet
>body swaps his priestesses with people in the future
>mitsuha and taki happen to be on either side of the comet impact

How badly do you have to not pay attention to pick that up?

Reminds me of Hyouka in a way. Had to read the novels after watching the anime.

post more mitsuha

It was mediocre

fuck I haven't seen it yet in theaters

>tfw faggots like OP will post these "just watched KNNW, it was overrated" threads every day until the narrative on Sup Forums becomes exactly that
You faggots did this with so many of my favorite anime

Don't let a few shitposters bother you, user. The ones here who watched and loved it will always make for some productive threads. Hopefully there will be a few good ones left within this last week of screenings until the BDs come out in October.

>the BDs come out in October

>third bait OP in a row

>the Another Side: Earthbound LN come out in October 31st

>We won't see Mitsuha (Taki) doing the Smooth Criminal dance ever

Mitsuha to the rescue

Who do you think seems to be more of an academic achiever than the other?

I'd say Taki, since he does seem to be confident with his studies if he bothers to spare time for part-time shifts. Mitsuha has to be reminded by her sister to stay focused on her studies.

I enjoyed the movie but I don't think it #1

>you will never fugg a confident Taki!Mitsuha

I imagine the curriculum for someone going into fashion is a bit looser than someone trying to become an architect, so I imagine Taki is more focused.

I always take it as Taki did her homework

Just strictly speaking based on their high-school lives. I don't want to sound too ignorant, but if we consider that Mitsuha is almost entirely learning on her own without parents to help out (along with Granny and Yotsuha being little to no help), Mitsuha is stuck with less support from whatever resource is available at her town and from her also-average friends. Compared to Taki, who has his dad, Tokyo resources and two friends that are likely over-achievers, it seems like a solid guess to say he is.

Mitsuha kept cute notes.

cute notes by a cute girl

cute noises too!
youtube.com/watch?v=owFQKBqfEWE

>tfw no girl like Mitsuha to MUSUBI with

huh, just realized that the day they start body swapping is probably the end of summer vacation and start of a new term for both of them

don't think it means much, just a little tidbit

>tfw we can't watch Mitsuha as she dies a slow and pain full death under a pile of rubble

she was probably within 100m of the impact point, she died instantly and painlessly

see

We won't be getting SHIT.

The novel really adds a new dimension onto some of the scenes.

>Then, once again, I broke out in a dash.
>I’m not scared anymore. Not frightened of anyone. Not lonely.
>I understand now.
>I am in love. We are in love.
>That’s why we’re going to meet again.
>That’s why I’m going to live.
>I will live.
>No matter what happens, even if a comet falls on me, I will live.

And the scene actually ends there. Doesn't even confront her father.

Kind of lends credence to the idea that this was really the climax of the film, and the crux of what Shinkai is trying to say with this movie about proactivity versus passiveness. Pretty much until this scene Mitsuha has been flustered and just kind of sucked up whatever shit happened to her. Not until this point does she really take initiative, and it's the moment when she finds meaning in her life.

I have faith in the musubi, user.

>I am in love. We are in love.
>No matter what happens, even if a comet falls on me, I will live.
nice

my dad likes it and he has consistently good taste so it's almost certainly a good movie

And this part
>Yet, I thought as I walked out of another interview. Yet, I was still struggling. To put it in an exaggerated way, I was struggling against life. Was this what I had decided back then? To struggle. To live. To breath and walk. To run. To eat. To tie together. To simply live naturally, like how I naturally spilled tears at ordinary pictures of an ordinary village.
>Just a little longer, I thought.

These monologues are cut out of the movie, and he repeats "Just a little longer" like a trillion times. BUT that same line is repeated in Nandemonaiya, so that song actually ends up directly reflecting the plot. It's almost diegetic, in a way.

Also, the fact that Mitsuha was trying to set up Tessie and Sayaka since day 1

>Don’t open your legs when sitting down
>Don’t become any closer with Tesshi than necessary; he should be with Saya-chin

Absurdly overrated, but still worth a watch. It was a sweet story, I'd give it a solid 7/10, 8/10 at best.

>>Don’t open your legs when sitting down
lewd
>Don’t become any closer with Tesshi than necessary; he should be with Saya-chin
damn, she could've had tesshi to herself easily

Anyone have the full webm of the meteor hitting the town?

anyone remember what all the cameos are at the end? which ones are the bully trio, who the florist is, and anything else (besides high schooler yotsuha)

It was overrated, it's truly a movie that is so good and well done that I'll have full scenes and even dialogues imprinted in my mind till I die. Only masterpieces do that.

the bullies are: the girl with the side pony tail eating, the guy working and lawsons, the the long hair girl throwing trash away, glasses guy (florist) was gasping at Mitsuha(Taki) when she played basketball bra-less, as well and seen in a few other school scenes.

thanks user

there's a real good moment in the movie that I feel is underrated, when the ramen guy gives taki some food and thanks taki for showing him the itomori drawing

ramen guy best boy

The comet hit mitsuha's house directly huh?

yeah, it's really touch my heart string at that moment

So the BD's are going to drop on October 4th right?

>I thought it was overrated at best
Great way to describe what you think, shit for brains faggot

I liked that scene too. I felt the subs lose the meaning with how it makes him say "it was good" as a means of praise. He actually says it more like he was "glad" to be able to see Itomori as it looked 3 years ago, which shows that he's so willing to help Taki in his search because Taki is searching for something that the ramen guy had long gave up on ever looking back at. Really shows how much this town meant to people other than just the city boy.

Placeholder date seems to be October 30th so far. Until we get more updates or even a commercial, we're bound to have to wait till that long for it. English release might take much longer.

>not knowing about magic realism

Isn't this an unusually long time to wait for a BD release?

why does tesshi dress like a bum during the ending

Sayaka and Tessie are also there.

The glasses dude watering the plants is one of the dudes gawking at Taki!Mitsuha playing basketball. Why he gets a cameo is beyond me. Thought he was Tsukasa, but he isn't.

Then there's a woman who I assume is Yukino, but she might not be; the hairstyle doesn't seem to match. It could be another of Mitsuha's classmates, possibly one of the girls playing basketball.

does the ramen guy have any appearances during the epilogue?

It was still playing in Nipland since at least March. It may still be playing even now actually.

I was making a joke since oct 4 is also the meteor drop

It's still playing in Japan actually.

Can't joke about something this terrifying and beautiful at the same time. Anything but comedic.

But I'll laugh at your subtlety anyway.