/pol approved Bible

what is /pol's approved Bible? My dad has been telling me to read it for years now, I tried when I was a kid but ended up just reading the Book of Revelations over and over again because I thought it was cool. I'm looking for the best translation possible, one that stays as close to the original meaning as possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
biblehub.com/text/john/3-36.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuterocanonical_books
mostholyfamilymonastery.com/catholicchurch/is-the-king-james-bible-infallible/
youtube.com/watch?v=TUTlvAsLyPM
youtube.com/watch?v=tNBuD4UfMn4
youtube.com/watch?v=HS0WSEuousE&t=3285s
youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
jomsvikings.com/system/files/Havamal-Chisholm.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=4yGMdASBefY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

King James Version.

KJV or GTheckO

Sup Forums isn't intellectually capable of understanding the Bible or any other complicated works of literature.

U are straight wrong leaf it may be true for me and you but there are plenty of smarter posters than us two on this forum

Can't go wrong with King James.
But when I'm looking for quotes in English I usually check New International Version as it is in more modern English.

Wrong.
The average IQ of Sup Forums is around 90, which is why the only books being discussed here are pieces of atrocious messes of writing such as Mein Kampf and other such """""works""""".
If you wish to have real intellectual discussions you should head over to /lit/ or Sup Forums.

Quilted Charmin 3-ply with a special pattern: scriptures from abrahamic faiths

I would recommend taking a look at the Amplified Bible, gives extra information in between which makes the text a lot more understandable

youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
Steer clear of anything that isn't KJV. You should watch this video if you're interested.

Kolbrin

Fuck off you fag it's the worst version.

This. King James and NIV are the patricians choice.

Definitely not NIV

>be called most perfect book ever written
>need to explain every line
>thinks bats are birds
>incorrectly calculates pi

You don't ask this question on Sup Forums. Ask this question on infinitychan's /christian/, where those anons are well versed in scripture. For the Old Testament, try to find a direct English translation of the septuagint. The septuagint is the Greek (original) version of the OT.

Who are you quoting?

>durr I'm too stupid to understand what "thou" means

concordance. it still has the bad shit about jews in it.

how can you believe in a religion in this day and age? i work with people who do and i cant help but think they must in some way be manipulative or retarded.

>Sup Forums
>a fucking leaf

Christianity is not a religion. You must work with catholics or muslims

scofield bible

This

The Noble Koran

do you believe in string theory, bubble theory? big bang theory? if so why? because a mathematician made up some convoluted bullshit you cant quite understand?

Real quick way to know if your bible is up to par.
Compare this Greek with John 3:36
biblehub.com/text/john/3-36.htm

If it's wrong, get another Bible.
Correctly translated Bibles for John 3:36
-------------------------------------------
American Standard Bible
Amplified Bible
English Standard Version
1599 Geneva Bible
Good News Bible
Lexham English Bible
Catholic New Revised and New Revised Standard Version (Ignatius) Bible

Secondly your Bible Must contain all the Deuterocanonical Books or it is not a Bible.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuterocanonical_books

It is important because if you don't have such a Bible you will not understand that the Jews are Edomites and not Hebrews because you cannot read about the Maccabean Wars. Protestant Bibles (KJV etc) do not have it.

I'd get a Douay Rhiems for the Old testament and a New Revised Catholic Version (Ignatius Bible) for the New Testament.

Your Good News bible is however not a bad choice as it translates correctly and has all the books of the Bible.

Bibles containing the Deuterocanonical Books.
Douay-Rheims Version (DRA), New American Bible (NAB), New Jerusalem Bible (NJB), New Revised Standard Version(s) Catholic and Anglican, Ignatious (NRSV-Catholic), Revised Standard Version (RSV) Catholic and Anglican, (GNB) Good News Bible.

"The Council of Hippo in 393, and the third (according to another reckoning the sixth) Council of Carthage in 397, under the influence of Augustine, who attended both, fixed the catholic canon of the Holy Scriptures, including the Apocrypha of the Old Testament. It did not change until Martin Luther changed it 1200 years later. Catholics still read bibles with them 1900 years later.

Jesus and the Apostles read the Koine Greek Septuagint (LXX) - which include the deuterocanonical books.

>Real quick way to know if your bible is up to par.
>Compare this Greek with John 3:36
>biblehub.com/text/john/3-36.htm
>
>If it's wrong, get another Bible.
>Correctly translated Bibles for John 3:36

Opps posted wrong picture. This is the right one

Do not get a King James Version. It was written to push an idea that is 100% not Biblical or traditional with 2000 years of Christianity.

The KJV was translated from texts that dated no earlier than the 12th century A.D. The texts were in such bad shape that the compilers of the texts and the translators of the KJV used…thats right, the Vulgate and the Douay-Rheims Bible, to make corrections. Some passages in the KJV were not even translated, just lifted directly from the Douay-Rheims Bible.
mostholyfamilymonastery.com/catholicchurch/is-the-king-james-bible-infallible/

The King James Bible is not inspired (8 mins)
youtube.com/watch?v=TUTlvAsLyPM

glad to see my amplified is on par

KJV + dictionary. The meaning of every word must be looked at. What it meant then and what it means now. Eventually you'll start to notice overlapping literary devices that are seemingly endless. One of the reasons the Bible is amazing.

NIV is ok if you're new, easier to understand, but keep in mind that the book loses some of its complexity with this translation.

Some reading advice: Start with the New Testament and then read the rest like it's a prequel. Self insert as the main characters. The bible has a multitude of points of view represented that when fully understood help to understand our nature.

If you get bored, you could try getting super meta about it: think of some advice you need currently, flip to a random page, and start reading. Understand what you read. Context, literal and figurative meanings, etc. Something will happen. This is why the book is described as "being alive"

are you trying to make a point about the word theory? most of those are unproven so no i dont believe 100% they are true.

Yup

youtube.com/watch?v=tNBuD4UfMn4

youtube.com/watch?v=HS0WSEuousE&t=3285s

well then we look at you and say how can you look around you and think its better without religion. they are literall chopping young boys dicks off and calling them sally and its all nice and legal somehow. yet if you spank your kid or teach them the bible you are ridiculed as a freak in the city and they come and take your kids from you. whether you believe it or not. the west needs christianity because there is not much else stopping the abuse of freedoms we have.

youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

Yes.
Find acts 8:37 in the modern versions

King James Version by far

Use the least deviated version. As far as I know, the KJV. Also, don't be afraid to look into the "Lost Gospels" and "The Book of Enoch". Since you have an interest in Revelations, as do I, The Book of Enoch is a good read; it's for our generation's generation, the last.
Pic related shows the utmost deviation. The newer version omit imperative verses, like the (((Schofield Bible))) did.

start with the first 4 books of the New Testament, i.e. the Gospels of Christ. they're the only books with the spoken word of Jesus which is usually called out with red text. it'll bring you up to speed on Christianity.

Average IQ here I would wager is around 115 because people are smart enough to understand some things but really overestimate the extent of their intelligence.

Wow, what other knowledge do you have to impart, oh wise bong?

>>thinks bats are birds

Bats where classified as birds in moses times hur durrr are you stupid or something

The Jerusalem Bible.
If you do just read the KJV make sure you don't skip the Apocrypha.

Amen. See: Strongs Concordance

This one. It's the only approved version, after all.

jomsvikings.com/system/files/Havamal-Chisholm.pdf

Story behind pic related? I've been looking into Orthodox.

i would advise the greek one seen as how it is the closest thing to the original. at the least one aproved by the orthodox church.

KJV or NKJV

I've taken a liking to KNJV desu

And snakes and donkeys could talk too!

Wisdom > Jewish fairy tales.

youtube.com/watch?v=4yGMdASBefY

>worshiping women
>sucking dead men's penis
>muh tree
Some wisdom.

This. The Pagan Revival has to be some sort of PsyOP.

Why not? What's a better version?

Every new version gets deviated and things are omitted, like the verse where Jesus tells you how to be saved, specifically, Line 37 where he tells you to be baptized. Even the NKJV was horribly messed with.
See:

It's a matter of one being traditional with Christian teaching and not changing to fit the whims of men. Protestants are heretics just as the Latin Church (Roman Catholics) are.

>One is wrong
>Those who oppose the wrong ones are wrong

I agree with the beginning statement, but explain the rest?

Some things were changed to bolster the doma of certain sects that were not in accordance with the thinking of the time.

James 3-36
KJV
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Greek texts and Catholic Bibles
He that believeth on the Son hath eternal life; but he that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Changing Obey to Believe changes the entire dogma that faith can be lost through sin or not obeying the commands of Jesus (ie:works)

So you have tow main sects of Christianity that believe
1) Faith Alone Saves you and cannot be lost
and
2) Faith and Baptism save you and Salvation can be lost through mortal sin or not following the commands that Jesus laid out (works)

So yes, translation is important

Plenty of solid translations out there (and loads of clunkers).

I generally recommend the KJV, NKJV & ESV.

I would also check out David Bentley Hart's translation of the New Testament (2017).

Did you know?
Bible used to preach reincarnation and didnt contain heaven n hell bullcrap until the (((papacy))) changed it.

Who translated the bible from Greek to English first?

Was the release of a public scriptures met with resistance?

Was knowing the truth, or anything at all about the scriptures punishable by death?

Who would use their translation skill to give us the word of God at the cost of his own life instead of using it to live comfortably wealthy?

>Pic related

the old testament is false and promotes the idea of Jewish Supremacy, as well as destroy the "Goyim (mentioned as "Nations" in the Bible)"

Thats why its so important to have abible with the deuterocanonical books.
They explain clearly that "jews" are not Hebrew.

We know that Saul was the first king of Israel and that John was the first man called Baptist, but who was the first Jew? Neither Adam, Seth or Noah are called Jew. Nor were Abraham, Isaac or Jacob. Moses was not called a Jew and neither were Saul, David or Solomon called Jew. In fact you will not find the word Jew in the first eleven books of the Bible. The first time Jews are mentioned in the Bible, is in II Kings 16:6 (and then only in translations revised in the eighteenth century) where we find Israel was at war with the Jews! and drave the Jews from Elath!
Isn't it interesting that we can read over five hundred pages of the Bible before we find a Jew anywhere, yet those who call themselves Jew today claim the first five books of the bible and call it their Torah. Do you not find it rather strange that those who claim to have written the first five books of the Bible and call themselves Jew, can't find the word Jew written anywhere in the book they call their own bible, and claim to have written?

So Jesus was a Judhite. A descendant of the House of Judah.
Judeans (Citizens of Judea) were Edomites that took over the land from the Judahites (Hebrews from the House of Judah) during the Maccabee Wars.

2 Kings 16:6 (today Eilat,Isreal)(then Elath,Judea (home of the Hebrew Tribe of Judah or Judahites)
"At that time the king of Edom (Jews) recovered Elath for Edom, and drove the Judahites (Hebrews) from Elath,(Judea) ; and the Edomites came to Elath,(Judea), where they live to this day."(and are called Judeans which is translated after 1611 as JEW)
You have to have an old translation of the Bible or after King James it says Jews.

Can confirm, I got a cheap KJV online and then got a cheap copy of the apocrypha.
Also, don't skip anything, read it from start to finish it doesn't matter how long it takes you, jot down notable verses etc

KJV only. The Dr Seuss Bibles are Satan's counterfeits. A brief comparison shows that KJV is very different from the rest.

Only the original Bible inscribed in Aramaic on Mose's stretched foreskins is acceptable.

All others are a heresy, and you will suffer eternal hellfire for reading such travesty.

Amen.

Please, we all know everyone on Sup Forums has 99th percentile IQ's.

KJV. Anything else is a meme.

Checked, amplified bible it is then

my friend got me a thick esv study bible
is this gud or what

ESV is le Bible of the month

The source of all ME religions: Babylonian Talmud