Only watched the first episode. What's up with the fucked up colours...

Only watched the first episode. What's up with the fucked up colours? Did they draw this anime while getting high on LSD?

It's called art.

im pretty sure mindgame is what happens when you try to draw anime and youre on lsd.

>making everything some blurred mess without outer lines that cause nausea and having unmoving background textures ripped off from bathroom tiles so you can be even more lazy passes as art these days

>so you can be even more lazy
creating all the textures for the show required a lot of work, I don't see why you would think they were lazy about it.

perhaps because they remain static while the characters move? It's incredibly destracting and only makes sense if they wanted to save time and be lazy

>and only makes sense if they wanted to save time and be lazy
Yeah but you still have to design each individual texture, for every hair and individual piece of clothing, which is more work than simply choosing a color.
You save time one way because they're easier to animate but you have to work harder beforehand.

The textures honestly don't looks so well thought out, they seem pretty random most of the times. Who is to say they didn't just copy paste them from somewhere else? Either way my point is, the end result looks like crap

>Who is to say they didn't just copy paste them from somewhere else?
I am, because I've read interviews with the staff. The textures were a huge part of the budget and the clothes were designed by renowned fashion designer Anna Sui.

>the end result looks like crap
That's just your opinion, I think it looks fantastic.

>I don't like Klimt's artstyle
Stop watching chinese cartoons for a while and go to see some real pieces of art so you won't look like an uncultured swine again.

Those are not just 'colours' you retarded britbong. Those are textures designed individually. I challenge you to mention any other anime that does this as succesfully.

except that doesn't look like Klimt's artstyle at all, it looks like windows 95 textures. Also Klimt is objectively shit 2bh, get some taste

but user, its lazy

I guess I should be flattered that you've mistaken me for a native English speaker, but I am no limey.
Most anime are not dumb enough to try something as stupid as this, so I guess my answer is no

It's not the same but it can easily be compared to it.

Maybe you should watch it with a proper quality instead of the shitty streaming OP took that capture.

>weeb Chowder
I'm joking, I fucking love this anime.

SO TONIGHT I'LL SING
A SONG FOR ALL MY FRIENDS

This slightly different aesthetic is too much for cartoon loving normies.

>the anime adaptation is the best adaptation of the novel

>normies
Kill yourself.

When this isn't true?

Even Sup Forums's taste in art is shit. I'm not surprised.

what show?

Boku no Albert

I was afraid to watch it after finishing the novel, but it's very affectionate, and improves the story in a few ways.

the count of monte cristo has been done in all sort of media countless times I bet they went with this style to give it a unique look otherwise it would have been just another adaptation.

And they did right.

Just read the book or watch the french tv serie of 1998.

If you ever had suicidal thoughts, now is the time to pay heed to them.