How does English sound to non-English speakers?

How does English sound to non-English speakers?
Do we sound intelligent or stupid?
Does it sound slightly scary like German and Russian or sexy like French or just strange like Chinese?
I'm genuinely curious as to how we sound to people around the world

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY
youtu.be/-VsmF9m_Nt8
youtube.com/watch?v=LIPc1cfS-oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dBIzaEVfgP0
youtube.com/watch?v=SlIw7GiHUkc
youtu.be/0350SogJcOM
youtube.com/watch?v=Uv--bGnKTiY
youtube.com/watch?v=P6od3KMV9w8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it sounds kind of childish and very Sims-like. Not scary like german, american accents sound a little goofy while the british sound more like a wise language.

it sounds exactly the same

they just can't understand it

I can tell how you might mix this up

It sounds easy-going and cold.

It sounds ok.
I quite like that accent that people from the south of the United States have. Also, that Australian accent.

I cant wait to tell you what canadian accents sound like....

Sounds a bit soulless but apart from that it's fine.

waleguen wha wha yo yo wal

its meh. heres a video that perfectly allows you to hear english but not understand a word of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY

What are ute talkin aboot?

It sound like the language of S’s

weird

English sounds rougher than French, but it's easier to learn and the pronounciation makes it intimidating.
I guess that's the main difference between a language born of roman latin, like French, and a Germanic/Celtic meltingpot like English.

>sexy like French

French is like Arabic, rough and filthy

american women speaking is so fucking embarrassing, men are alright
british ppl are alright excepct children/teenagers

This Italian lad made a song that parodied English as all the kids were singing English pop songs in Italy without understanding it. It's pretty fun.

youtu.be/-VsmF9m_Nt8

>British
>Wise

american buzzfeed women are the worst
"its like very misogynistic" lmao
Also, I cant say. Probably you should try asking somewher people doen speak english, and not in english.
But i can say english spelling is completely retarded. and your semantics suck dick.

Oafish? If so absolutely agreed. Best American accent is southern. The farther north you go the worse it gets.

Depends heavily on the accent, in general it doesn't evoke any strong feelings either way.

Most American accents do sound fairly neutral compared to other languages, but the southern ones do make you sound a bit slower.

Yeah I watched that, but the tenor and cadence allowed me to feel like I'm kinda understanding what they're saying rather than a non-English person not having a fucking clue as to what they're saying aside from the fact that things are getting a little heated

slurred english sounds like a psychopath
hard annunciated english sounds like civilized German
southern draw sounds confident

I've been wondering the same thing OP has and this is the closet thing I've seen to an answer. Can anyone else compare english to another sound if you can't describe it that well?

german is not scary

youtube.com/watch?v=LIPc1cfS-oQ

also my language is for 90 % similar to german

I honestly can't tell, English was taught from birth and up in my family, mother is American and father is Swedish. However were a child raised by me and my wife it sure as well wouldn't speak the Norwegian monkey language, it's linguistically too poor.

>Sims-like
Like Swedish?

Underrated.

Enjoy, that's how you sound to us.

youtube.com/watch?v=dBIzaEVfgP0

>song starts 1:20

You honestly think german sounds scary?
The way many germans talk nowadays sounds very faggy to me.

You probably only know german from WW2 recordings.

German here
as a child had strong opinions of how other languages sound. i didnt understand any of them so it was unbiased. i found Italian to be the best sounding and English to be the worst sounding. sorry.

now, i think that non-rhotic dialects (e.g. british, australian) sound okay, while rhotic dialects (american) sound absolutely horrible, especiall on women

2:24 "Explain for me to display the joe drink all around the massportation town while I formast the poe for cream and and ff! What for I chose foreen and all? And what for I bleed the whole chase, Patreen? You wanna get for what?"

>now, i think that non-rhotic dialects (e.g. british, australian) sound okay, while rhotic dialects (american) sound absolutely horrible, especiall on women
Funny, I am the other way around. Non-rhotic accents sound bizarre and hilarious to me. My native accent is West Coast, aka a sloppier lazier version of Midwestern neutral

I live in the south. Have my entire life.
"Yall" is a common phrase.
After turning 23, I was flown to indianapolis for training. The northern way they speak was like hearing fingers on a chalk board.
Went to a bar a restraunt with a bar. Our hosts asked if we wanted a "Soda pop". Wtf? I ordered a beer and sat at the bar. Didnt even care if it made me look bad. Vowed to never travel up north ever again. The northern accents are cringy. Think fargo

Simple and crude especially american-english.
Old english was such a beautiful language, it's a shame it got butchered into its present day form.

Oh man. When I dream reading paragraphs feels like that.

yes the video falls apart when they start using real words.

I like chicken, but this is gross af.

souns like language of someone who would let nigger fuck his wife infront of him

All I know is that whenever is speak portuguese in central europe everyone starts looking at me.

Why?

>How does English sound to non-English speakers?
Like how the Sims sound

sounds empty and cold, boring

>Metallica is underrated
Cool, got any Chilean metal that was so good it went global and had the band performing concerts in Russia? I didn't think so third world scum, enjoy your crime and dirt roads.

same here. I literally can't see words when I dream.

Not latin based. Chunky sounding but not like german. Everything a german says sounds like an insult. Never heard arabic in real life. (Gracias Dios)

English is the greatest language ever. If there was a better language we would all be speaking that right now.

Standardized spelling for a language with a range of dialects and accents. Fa exampil, if i were ta spell fenetically, 'n all othah englesh speakahs were ta do tha same, th'n tha entiah language would be neah incomphrehensibil.

It sounds gay desu

How would we know everyone here speaks english

The southern accent has become a falsehood as of late.

I know women from both South Carolina and Texas who can turn it on and off as circumstances demand.

That pineapple sparkler cake tho

Dude listen to dutch people talk on YouTube. Its pretty close to what it would be like

>Russian
>Scary

Kek.

It sounds sophisticated compared to other germanic languages.

Somewhat like Dutch, depending on the accent it would be neutral or a bit dorky. As a child I was mostly bothered by the lack of non rolling Rs which I was very fond of.

Shit just got Satanic

what the fuck is this? bitch this is just a pineapple with sparklers in it youre going to have to leave.

>After reading these posts

Get ready for all your non-English woman bowing down before I'll superior English Sims cock

That sounds completely normal to me. Nothing exotic or threatening at all. I simply don't understand.

>knowing two dialects of English
>one formal
>one informal

Who cares? I speak the common American when travelling, it's easier for people to understand instead of my coarse and rough Yankee accent.

You sound like a Asian/Arab mix.

youtube.com/watch?v=SlIw7GiHUkc

pantera is from Chile

Congratulations

>Norwegian monkey language

Thanks, you just named my band.

I heard something that sounded like ISIS celebration when the fish was pulled out.

Language is 1/10th of your identity. You should never apologize for it. Ever.

I think that in structure and efficiency it is similar to German, I think because English is originally Germanic.

South American metal is good though
youtu.be/0350SogJcOM

To me it always sounded like something I'd hear on a commercial, very "standard" and "average".

But I dunno, I quite like it. It's definitely better than Spanish

t. slav living in Spain

Tom Araya was born on Valparaiso.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv--bGnKTiY

I like metallica, that's just how it sounds to us.

Its not related to other European languages so it can sound strange.

I don't when I'm home. Nor in the states. Only when travelling to a nation that doesn't speak English.

Chilean metal is badass. Wrathprayer, for example.
It sounds like a flow of nonsense, same to french. German or spanish are far more legible.

Maybe it's because of the Simpsons but German always makes me think of a fat kid eating chocolate.

Exactly, English to a non English speaker just sounds like frisian but with more r's.

youtube.com/watch?v=P6od3KMV9w8

You have to go back, chink.

Why would someone do this? I saw some videos with Trey Gowdy and I like how that southern accent sounds.
I don’t try to hide my accent. And that is taking in account the way we draw the "r" here in my state, which is a rural area.

American commercials sound like parodies to me. The sensationalism is simply ridiculous. Other than that the American sounds just normal but it's sometimes too fast and slurred.

Please point me to the Hungarian Shakespeare. Oh wait, you don't have one.

To a Russian, english is like making noises while trying to get to stuck peanut butter in your mouth.