Is anime mainstream or popular in your country?

Is anime mainstream or popular in your country?

Or is it unknown/obscure hobby?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/abc3/shows/16435.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do you care?

here it's like jerking off in the living room

it's understandable to enjoy it, but still isn't really something you let people know intentionally

It could get you into serious trouble legally just owning it here

Indonesia?

It's so popular you have to try your hardest to hide your powerlevel to not get labeled as one of them.

It's associated with gay people and pedophiles.

A lot of shounen and action anime are mainstream in Mexico. DBZ, SAO, SNK, OPM, etc.

This

Anime is really popular in Mexico, we are getting several movies like Fairy Tail next month.

New Zealand
No aside from stuff people would've seen as kids

They show K-ON on ABC here.
>abc.net.au/abc3/shows/16435.htm

The mainstream anime are mainstream, while the obscure ones are unknown. Obscure includes this season's one-cour anime.

People don't know about it's existence, but if they knew, they would see its fans as absolute degenerates who should be dealt with in according ways.

It's becoming a thing in Russia along with the growing popularity of other Jap things like aushi etc.
Any internet-savvy Russian knows what anime is and has probably seen a show or two.

Saudi?

>living in shit countries

>becoming a thing
How old are you?
It was a thing and faded away, thank god for that.

Nowadays in Nazigoldland it isn't that popular because you can only watch it on pay-tv, compared to like 10 years ago where there were like a dozen channels who broadcasted it around midnight.
Also dvds and blurays are insanely expensive here, which also keeps away a potential audience.

Manga on the other hand is as popular as ever, usually being bestsellers in the comic department or even books in general.

Never encountered any ostracizing because of that, it was just seen as another hobby, though I could have been just lucky.

pretty sure it's mainstream here, which kinda gets disappointing when people ask me for recommendations, and then call my tastes shit because I didn't stick to basic-tier shit that is pretty much "babby's first animu." So I now just always tell people to watch Naruto and get back to me when they finish

There's a guy in my uni who wears a Code Geass T-shirt

How the fuck am I supposed to know? Do you think I actually go outside or something? My internet friends tell me it is though.